Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM

I'm curious why people keep mentioning Oakland....

When they kick in your front door,
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head,
Or on the trigger of your gun?
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
whats patch? they dont have my city listed.
Ask the "Mayor" if he will post it on his CLAYCORD.com. If he won't, ask if he knows of any other SF Bay Area site that might.

Also call and ask who to send via email your flyer at the police departments in Richmond, San Pablo, Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward, Vallejo, Fairfield, Modesto, and Stockton. A lot of criminals travel to commit their crimes and these guys may be from one of those cities/towns and been arrested by the local cops.

"Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
They've need to show that they can think at all;
Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM

I didn't read the entire thread but State Farm has a pretty good insurance plan. It's too bad it has to come to this but anything worth keeping of value should be insured. I'm sorry to hear about your losses.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 AM

i live in the area will look for them
Old 10-29-2012, 10:46 AM

after looking at the photos again i think i seen these at the cheveron across the hwy from wallmart over a month ago i wanted to call the police on them because it looked like they where filling up there cars and friends car with stolen credit card but did not have a pen didn't now the police dept phone # i now bad of me also had 2 go the work i did put a pen in the car i stayed and watched for a while wondering what 2 do 1 got alittle nervous but the other did not care the one with short hair had white car with a baby in it,yheap just looked again thats him there was 1 with dreads to thought to my hes ugly looks like little wayne the rapper had a black small maybe suv not sure if thats the same 1 but i bet it is the 1 with short hair looked like the rapper juvenile wich is partner with little wayne not up on rap but its funny the look like these people any way they caught my eye before sure they will turn up wow u got pics good job dont know if this makes sense but i tried

Last edited by sharkmansam; 10-29-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by masameet View Post
Ask the "Mayor" if he will post it on his CLAYCORD.com. If he won't, ask if he knows of any other SF Bay Area site that might.

Also call and ask who to send via email your flyer at the police departments in Richmond, San Pablo, Oakland, San Leandro, Hayward, Vallejo, Fairfield, Modesto, and Stockton. A lot of criminals travel to commit their crimes and these guys may be from one of those cities/towns and been arrested by the local cops.
Emailed them twice hes not responding
Old 10-29-2012, 9:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Pitbulls (even though that is not one) are horrible guard dogs, Besides mine that I have spent a lot of money training. Even then she still loves people. Sorry OP about everything. Maybe time to invest in a safe, dog, alarm?
Lol.

"Pitbulls are terrible guard dogs. I own a Pitbull. It's a wonderful guard dog."
Old 10-29-2012, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedpower View Post
Ahhh With a camera?

Was the OP there holding the camera waiting for them to break in?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 PM

The rods in the tracks of the windows don't help. I had double pained windows and wooden dowel rods in EVERY window in my house. They just broke the window, put their arm through the hole and pulled the rod out then opened the window right up. Honestly what I learned from my break in is an alarm system is your best bet. Then a safe. Then video camera's. If they want in, they are getting in. Just in my case I work graveyards so they had a full 12 hours all night to go through my house
Old 10-30-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkmansam View Post
after looking at the photos again i think i seen these at the cheveron across the hwy from wallmart over a month ago i wanted to call the police on them because it looked like they where filling up there cars and friends car with stolen credit card but did not have a pen didn't now the police dept phone # i now bad of me also had 2 go the work i did put a pen in the car i stayed and watched for a while wondering what 2 do 1 got alittle nervous but the other did not care the one with short hair had white car with a baby in it,yheap just looked again thats him there was 1 with dreads to thought to my hes ugly looks like little wayne the rapper had a black small maybe suv not sure if thats the same 1 but i bet it is the 1 with short hair looked like the rapper juvenile wich is partner with little wayne not up on rap but its funny the look like these people any way they caught my eye before sure they will turn up wow u got pics good job dont know if this makes sense but i tried
Just an idea, if you did in fact see these DBs, at the gas station,call the officer in charge of the investigation, so he may pull the videos before they get deleted. The videos may be in the gas station or at Wal-Mart, so please do it soon, hell even call right now in the middle of the night and get the ball rolling on the video retrieval.

Last edited by Equis; 10-30-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-30-2012, 1:04 PM

@Darklyte27 My condolences. Excellent work on camera placement. Only advice I offer is, MORE camera's. But leave a couple in a "low hanging fruit" setup. Criminals are notoriously stupid, and will almost always attempt to disable them. Meaning we get excellent profile pics of them in the process.

Good on you for cleaning up and making everything else secure though. I'm not sure the true odds on it. But we always hear that "the criminal returns to the scene of the crime". Hopefully it's not true in your case.

fwiw: posted to my facebook the 2 photos of flyers.

Oh yeah, and go kick your neighbor in the butt. What a douche move!!!!

Last edited by Opsic66; 10-30-2012 at 1:08 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 1:08 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Red the Herring.
Old 10-30-2012, 3:51 PM

Quote:
I can hardly even read this since you don't like to use punctuation or capital letters, but I will say that you didn't try "everything" - if you have a cell phone and a finger you have the number to the police station. 911 in an emergency and 411 for the "general" police number.

Christ.....
Old 10-30-2012, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
I can hardly even read this since you don't like to use punctuation or capital letters, but I will say that you didn't try "everything" - if you have a cell phone and a finger you have the number to the police station. 911 in an emergency and 411 for the "general" police number.

Christ.....
+5 seriously...

Proud Christian
Proud Father
Proud Libertarian
Proud NRA Member
Azusa Pacific Pride!! Go Cougars!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfearl View Post
Copious amounts of hookers and blow will cure what ails you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
I can't find anything funny to say about how Dicks suck...
Old 10-30-2012, 4:44 PM

Quote:
This was difficult to read, but I'm curious. What made you think the credit card they were using was stolen?
Old 10-30-2012, 4:55 PM

It sucks to hear but the worst part is even if these punks are caught and sentenced most likely the guns will never be recovered.
Old 10-30-2012, 6:21 PM

yeah be mean to a ironworker the people dont stand up you put them down l cant go back to the gas station dont know the date l think it was astolen credit card becuse they did three cars and were there a while they also looked suspicous they were still there when i left what r the odd of two any way i havent been out around much but i think about driving around and just telling you what i saw not every one just the guy who lost his stuf
Old 10-30-2012, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15robert View Post
It sucks to hear but the worst part is even if these punks are caught and sentenced most likely the guns will never be recovered.
more often than not, stolen guns eventually gets recovered. These criminals are not always smart and they are bound to get caught sooner or later.

To hell and back reliability
When it counts
Old 10-30-2012, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of BAR7 View Post
I'm curious why people keep mentioning Oakland....
It's not obvious?
Old 10-30-2012, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMTluvr View Post
It's not obvious?
LoL
Old 10-30-2012, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E__WOK View Post

Was the OP there holding the camera waiting for them to break in?
Don't need to hold the security camera, just in case you don't know! it's mounted on the wall!
Old 10-30-2012, 9:10 PM

Sorry to hear posted pics on facebook, I live in brentwood, maybe it will help
Old 10-31-2012, 5:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Appreciate the help guys
Old 10-31-2012, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Appreciate the help guys
Havent been reading through all pages, still missing?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
(For the record, I think my grandchildren will be retired and moved to AZ before shall-issue CCW comes to this screwed up state... and my kids are still currently young teenagers.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Wow. I'd work harder to stop the underage sex in your family

-Gene
Old 10-31-2012, 7:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw Mcgraw View Post
+1000 An as a personal recomendation go AM STAFF over the red and blue nose dogs...more mellow and ballanced in my expieriance.
forget AM Staff pits... Rotts or Bull Mastiff. Pits get stolen DAILY to be used a dog trainer tools. So unless you are willing to teach your dog to be a killer and live with that responsibility then DON'T GET A SMALL PIT BREED.

Thugs who steel from houses also have been dealing with small pit breeds longer then you. They know how to control the dog long enough to safely lead it away. How do you think all the lost and stolen pits happen? The breed is NOT A NATURAL BORN KILLER like you think. They are playful and trusting when you know how to handle them.

You want a dog as security, but are not willing to teach/train it to kill.. then you need a huge dog that BDs are not used to handling...like a large Rotty or Masiff... Ridgeback, Wolfhound... ect.
Old 10-31-2012, 7:12 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

^ Whole bunch of BS right there.

Old 10-31-2012, 7:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Plz start another thread about dog breeds if you wish and keep on topic

Thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 8:06 AM

You can try posting them here.
http://www.stolenweapon.com/
Old 10-31-2012, 8:42 AM

Man that sucks, I live in a gated community and still worry about the little scumbags that belong to the big scumbags.

IDK, do they take EBT cards at the ammo store? We can only pray they get rocked up and load the mag with the wrong ammo-viola-bye bye scumbag.
Old 10-31-2012, 2:34 PM

Ugh, sorry about your loss. This is why though in Vegas for Sema, our dogs are free roaming, brothers watching our home, if anyone breaks into a house, if it isnt l&d starving just to eat food, but to steal other things? They should have their hands cut off, that'd stop these God damn animals...

Had this happen once before when we were in a temp place when our house was getting built up, 3 black males and 1 latino. Putting 00 in one and putting one down, sure stopped them quickly.

I hate thieves. Good for nothing pieces of sh*t. Blight on society should get tossed in a dark hole and left to rot. God this makes my blood boil. Better get off here before husband sees me red eyed lol.
Old 11-01-2012, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Pittsburg CA

Neighbor claims he saw a silver oldsmobile w 2-4 blk males a few weeks prior while walking his dog
my house was broken in to Tuesday oct 23rd 2012
approx 10:30am

2 pistols were stolen including the whole deluxe multi vault with a mag each

Pistol one is my RIA 1911 tactical with OD grips

2nd pistol was a Smith Wesson M&P .40 cal with night sights
Serial is MPF 2053

Any info please call Pittsburg Police
925 252 4980

here are some still grabs of the suspects.

Those pictures of those pukes need crosshairs!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 AM

OP, does insurance not cover this?

I'm sure your guns mean alot to you, but have you contacted your insurance company? And if you did, how did it go? I'd be good to know what to expect in this sort of situation, especially for those of us without surveillance (although, that's a damn fine idea).

Wishing you the best.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Emailed them twice hes not responding
He could at least send you a reply email. (He likes to concentrate on news concerning Clayton, Concord and Pleasant Hill.)

Still ... Did you also contact CoCo County SO and Antioch PD?

Maybe the Antioch cops and CoCo sheriff's deputies can ID your burglars. (And if they've been jailed in CoCo County, a deputy or two might be able to recognize them.)

Patch.com is not set up for the Pittsburg and Antioch communities. But maybe another CoCo County Patch might take your flyer. This recent story involving suspected killers from Pittsburg and Antioch being arrested in Concord by CoCo sheriff's deputies made the Concord Patch.

"Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
They've need to show that they can think at all;
Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden
Old 11-02-2012, 1:57 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Layoff mr. Mayor. He's a busy guy and I think he feels bad if he isnt going to post it so he doesnt reply.

-rkt (council member emeritus of claycord)
Old 11-02-2012, 4:28 PM
Calguns Addict

So I emailed him a few days ago, he finally replied saying that he never got anything. I emailed him again and nothing.
I then linked him to the pic of the suspects on FB, no word yet.

As for insurance, my policy covers about 190k worth of personal property.
were at 11k.

2guns in small safe with some HD ammo, 4 coach purses, Canon T4i with 500$ lens, 2 laptops, Google nexus 7 tablet, plate carrier rig, 6pmags, more ammo that was in ammo can, 2 carry on luggage, duffle bag XD sight adjustment tool etc

PD said they have contacted other departments. I also contacted the Jhall department to pass the photos around.
Old 11-02-2012, 4:32 PM

Quote:
So I emailed him a few days ago, he finally replied saying that he never got anything. I emailed him again and nothing.
I then linked him to the pic of the suspects on FB, no word yet.

As for insurance, my policy covers about 190k worth of personal property.
were at 11k.

2guns in small safe with some HD ammo, 4 coach purses, Canon T4i with 500$ lens, 2 laptops, Google nexus 7 tablet, plate carrier rig, 6pmags, more ammo that was in ammo can, 2 carry on luggage, duffle bag XD sight adjustment tool etc

PD said they have contacted other departments. I also contacted the Jhall department to pass the photos around.
Happened to me a few years back bro, sorry to hear you got hit.
Hopefully your underwriter will be cool, ours was, we didnt have to provide boxes/reciepts for anything, they just cut us a check for what we said was missing. Sadly though, you will never be the same when leaving home.

Dillon reloading basics Vids here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=190727
Old 11-02-2012, 4:40 PM
Calguns Addict

I have not read all of the posts past page 2

Have you contacted local high schools to see if the staff recognizes the kids?
Old 11-02-2012, 4:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
I have not read all of the posts past page 2

Have you contacted local high schools to see if the staff recognizes the kids?
been busy with work, insurance list of items and other stuff.
ill try to do that soon.

I didnt see any reason why insurance wont cover my guns.
Old 11-02-2012, 6:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
been busy with work, insurance list of items and other stuff.
ill try to do that soon.

I didnt see any reason why insurance wont cover my guns.
My homeowners insurance will not cover guns without a seperate policy. I have State Farm. It does cover up to $500.00 if I recall correctly. Might want to read the fine print in yours.

Originally Posted by icallshotgun88:

I'm sorry, but if you don't think Glocks are reliable then we can't be friends...
Old 11-03-2012, 1:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
My homeowners insurance will not cover guns without a seperate policy. I have State Farm. It does cover up to $500.00 if I recall correctly. Might want to read the fine print in yours.
If you have State Farm, it should go much higher than $500. Your agent might be wrong.