Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 10-18-2012, 1:36 PM

Default FBI phase 2 prep advice

I just passed the phase 1 test for the FBI this morning. Don't know yet if I'll get pushed along to phase 2, but I thought it couldn't hurt to prepare for it. Can anyone familiar with the process give me some advice? I plan on doing a lot of research but figured a push in the right direction couldn't hurt.
Old 10-18-2012, 1:43 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm not familiar but congratulations to you! Have you checked out officer.com? Might be able to find some people also in the process there.
Old 10-18-2012, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst81 View Post
I just passed the phase 1 test for the FBI this morning. Don't know yet if I'll get pushed along to phase 2, but I thought it couldn't hurt to prepare for it. Can anyone familiar with the process give me some advice? I plan on doing a lot of research but figured a push in the right direction couldn't hurt.

Congratulations on passing the phase 1 test. You might have a difficult time getting any help unless there are any calgunners who work for the FBI. I have been a LEO for 23 years for a very large departmment. I have had a fair amount of FBI contact and still do not know a lot about them. The FBI, as well some other federal law enforcement agencies tend to be quite biased against local law enforcement and not too interested in having conversations unless it benefits them in some way. I do know that the FBI is extremely picky and they tend to hire folks with at least a BA. They also love hiring lawyers.

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013
Old 10-18-2012, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed24-7 View Post
Congratulations on passing the phase 1 test. You might have a difficult time getting any help unless there are any calgunners who work for the FBI. I have been a LEO for 23 years for a very large departmment. I have had a fair amount of FBI contact and still do not know a lot about them. The FBI, as well some other federal law enforcement agencies tend to be quite biased against local law enforcement and not too interested in having conversations unless it benefits them in some way. I do know that the FBI is extremely picky and they tend to hire folks with at least a BA. They also love hiring lawyers.
Yeah, I'm hoping there's an agent that frequents calguns that could possibly offer some insight. I also have some family and friends that know agents, so I'll be able to speak with some of them. I have a J.D. degree so that should help make me competitive.
Old 10-18-2012, 3:03 PM

I would recommend not posting about your interest in secret govt organizations in public forums..kind of a breach of security?
Old 10-18-2012, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldraque View Post
I would recommend not posting about your interest in secret govt organizations in public forums..kind of a breach of security?
I'd have to disagree. I don't see how posting about interest in an agency comes even close to a breach of security. I'm inquiring into the hiring process which is detailed on the FBI website and I haven't asked anyone to reveal any information that they shouldn't.

Last edited by Catalyst81; 10-18-2012 at 4:11 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldraque View Post
LOL.....you watch too many movies my friend ;-)

There is nothing secret about the FBI. FBI is 1 step above local law enforcement on th food chain. You are thinking about the CIA and NSA

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013
Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 PM

like it was mentioned earlier, go to forums.officer.com and check under the law enforcement jobs tab. There are threads that are literally hundreds of pages long on all types of federal jobs, including the FBI. Good luck!
Old 10-26-2012, 3:09 PM

conrats! I had passed phase 1 a couple of years ago, but wasn't able to move on to phase 2 because I lacked the 2 year full time work experience.

The recruiter has been contacting me lately to get back in shape because they're trying to hire new SA in the spring.