Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 02-26-2013, 3:27 AM

Default show me your 3 gun AR

Thinking of building an AR. And was thinking why don't I gear it towards a 3 gun type rifle as I would like to do this in the future. The question of what do current Cali 3 gunners run when it comes to AR's came to mind, especially with the whole bullet button thing. So let me see what you 3 gunner's ARs look like.
Old 02-26-2013, 4:55 AM
Banned

What's a bullet button?

Old 02-26-2013, 5:42 AM

Limited rifle: Eagle Arms upper with 20" 1:9 5.56 Nato chambered heavy barrel upper grafted onto a 1986 vintage Colt HBAR lower with CGW custom offset pin. DPMS A2 rear peep sight and JP Rifles clamp-on globe style front sight with changeable inserts. Co-witnessed OKO red dot sight. Viking Tactics V-Tac sling. Shave-Top conversion (Carry handle and FSB milled off). CGW custom muzzle brake. CGW custom aluminum hand-guard. JP Rifles fire control system trigger kit.

Open rifle: 1990 vintage Armalite lower with JP Rifles fire control system trigger kit. JP Rifles .223 Wylde chambered CTR-02 upper with 4oz lo-mass operating system. 20" 1:8 stainless profiled barrel w/ adjustable gas block and "Tank Style" muzzle brake. Sierra adjustable butt plate. Falcon Ergo-Grip. JP Rifles TA-01 ACOG with JPoint hand-guard mounted red dot sight.

Last edited by GeoffLinder; 02-26-2013 at 5:50 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 8:00 AM

You can start on any quality lower, mine are made from CMMG, stock parts kit, I upgrade the mag release button with arradondo comp button, the triggers with CMC 3 pound single stage and a bad lever from magpul. Furniture is a personal choice, I like magpul. Uppers I like are VLTOR Milspec. Barrel, ultralite .625 mid length gas system (mid length is a softer shooting gas system vs carbine). PRI muzzle brake. My carbine, gas system is a long stroke TNW Ultralite piston system (long stroke creates less recoil than short stoke or stock carbine DI), sights are MI flip up rear, A2 front and a cowittness C-More aluminum railway red dot. Midlenth is setup with low profile aluminum gas block DI system, Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 and XS XTI tritium angle sights. That should give you enough info to make you dangerous.

www.isishootists.com
Old 02-26-2013, 8:30 AM
Calguns Addict

I shoot what I carry at work with the exception of my shotgun.