Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 09-30-2017, 9:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Question What is required for the Placer county CCW classes/string of fire?

Buddy living in Placer county asked what the course of fire is for the Placer County concealed carry classes.

I think he asked me because I'm one of the gun guys he knows, when we served in the Marines together. But I don't live in CA anymore and my google-fu is weak....

Can someone shed some light on it for us, please?

Thank you in advanced.

MODS: Cross-posting in General Gun section also, due to more traffic and faster response time. please delete/merge once answers are determined. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2017, 3:39 PM

Have him go online for his county or just call and find out.
Old 09-30-2017, 4:02 PM
☆☆ More Cowbell ☆☆
CGN Contributor

The Sheriff lets the trainers submit their own courses and approves them if they are sufficient.

So every trainer is going to have a different shooting requirement in Placer County. There is no specific standard.

For Placer County CCW quals, I have been to some instructors that use shot timers and are hard core about reloads, shot placement etc. I have been to others that are much more casual. The main thing for all of them is demonstrating safe handling at all times.

I really like Best Handgun Training in Lincoln, and also Conseale in Yuba City. Neither of them expect you to be a world class shooter, and they will work with new shooters on their stance and firing grip etc.

http://www.besthandguntraining.com

http://www.conseale.com/

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 09-30-2017 at 4:08 PM..
Old 09-30-2017, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
The Sheriff lets the trainers submit their own courses and approves them if they are sufficient.

So every trainer is going to have a different shooting requirement in Placer County. There is no specific standard.

For Placer County CCW quals, I have been to some instructors that use shot timers and are hard core about reloads, shot placement etc. I have been to others that are much more casual. The main thing for all of them is demonstrating safe handling at all times.

I really like Best Handgun Training in Lincoln, and also Conseale in Yuba City. Neither of them expect you to be a world class shooter, and they will work with new shooters on their stance and firing grip etc.

http://www.besthandguntraining.com

http://www.conseale.com/
I second the Best Handgun Training in Lincoln.