Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 10-12-2012, 1:07 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default Retracted

Retracted

Last edited by DavidR310; 10-18-2012 at 5:09 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 1:34 AM
Calguns Addict

good vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 4:57 AM
Banned

It may or may not matter today but I would use an anonymous downloader or proxy and RIP that youtube video for later local viewing. Anytime you run flash or java you are giving up your "real" IP address. I believe the powers at be are keeping a list of everything we watch and do online for later consumption and who knows what.

Just an FYI to those who care.
Old 10-12-2012, 7:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The Machine Keeps Grinding.
Live Free or Die
Old 10-12-2012, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member

MainePrepper puts out some really nice stuff. Always enjoy his vids.
Old 10-12-2012, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
I believe the powers at be are keeping a list of everything we watch and do online for later consumption and who knows what.
He refers to that exact topic in the video.

NSA is building a 1 million square foot facility for data warehousing.

I don't know how much proxy servers are going to help. As an IT professional, I can tell you that unless you are a VERY skilled hacker, and are extremely proactive in hiding your digital footprint, if you are on the internet at all, you can be tracked.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Deplorable
CGN Contributor

I hear helicopters over head now that I've read this thread

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 10-12-2012, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtx2001 View Post
I hear helicopters over head now that I've read this thread
It's just a weather balloon.
Reminds me of this song.

Quote:
First thing I would do is jump to a conclusion without all the facts.

Last edited by Cactus_Tim; 10-12-2012 at 1:03 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 1:53 PM

Default I grew up in semi-military town with lots of Army/Navy brats in school.

There is a pervasive feeling that low pay and eating a lot of crap is worth it because "someday something will happen then we(military) will be in charge of everything".

They have fantasies about best the enemy in combat, but "the day" Martial Law is declared and a corporal out ranks even the civilian chief of police.

Similar to the "Miami Vice" syndrome seen in LEOs when drug seizure is used and they quickly start thinking in terms of looking to seizure big fancy rich man's toys, rather than 'keep kids off drugs' or whatever.

Both these problems are result of creation of 'warrior class' of people whose career is military or police.

I've been told by current serving service that "they would never go against Americans", but you only need a tiny number of military to 'take over' as long as the bulk of military still loyal to America is ordered out of the area, and they will follow those orders because they hadn't yet seen any real crimes against Americans, and in an emergency not obeying would be "desertion is wartime" and a real crime, not just "AWOL".
Old 10-12-2012, 2:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
There is a pervasive feeling that low pay and eating a lot of crap is worth it because "someday something will happen then we(military) will be in charge of everything".

They have fantasies about best the enemy in combat, but "the day" Martial Law is declared and a corporal out ranks even the civilian chief of police.

Similar to the "Miami Vice" syndrome seen in LEOs when drug seizure is used and they quickly start thinking in terms of looking to seizure big fancy rich man's toys, rather than 'keep kids off drugs' or whatever.

Both these problems are result of creation of 'warrior class' of people whose career is military or police.

I've been told by current serving service that "they would never go against Americans", but you only need a tiny number of military to 'take over' as long as the bulk of military still loyal to America is ordered out of the area, and they will follow those orders because they hadn't yet seen any real crimes against Americans, and in an emergency not obeying would be "desertion is wartime" and a real crime, not just "AWOL".
I wouldn't trust anybody not to go against the Americans. Just remember history. Though there may be the good there are mostly those that only follow orders. The only reason government has power is there are those employed by the government with guns that have little or no conscience.
Old 10-12-2012, 3:50 PM
Banned

Default Anonymity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taidaisher View Post
I don't know how much proxy servers are going to help. As an IT professional, I can tell you that unless you are a VERY skilled hacker, and are extremely proactive in hiding your digital footprint, if you are on the internet at all, you can be tracked.
This is correct. If you own or use a cell phone, or have a computer with internet access (including area WiFi) you are most definitely not anonymous, no matter how careful or clever you think you are.

The compound Bin Laden was staying in had no land line, no cell phones, and no internet access of any kind. Only reason he was able to remain hidden so long was these kind of extreme OPSEC practices.

Personally, I don't worry about it at all. I don't really care if the government monitors my online activity. If they do, that has got to be one of the most boring jobs of all time. Poor bast****.
Old 10-12-2012, 4:00 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't trust anybody not to go against the Americans. Just remember history. Though there may be the good there are mostly those that only follow orders. The only reason government has power is there are those employed by the government with guns that have little or no conscience.
Check out the milgram experiments sometime. Good, decent people performed electrical shocks on test subjects (to the point of unconsciousness) merely because a random guy in a labcoat with a clipboard told them to.

Other experiments have shown time and again that situations and authority tend to overwhelm people's basic good sense and decency time and again. Psychology 101 folks...

Add on top of that the conditioning to follow orders that boot camp/police academy/etc... use to get people to obey unconditionally. Add in espirit de corps, an emergency situation/WROL situation, and it's not surprising that people would follow unconscionable orders "normal folks" wouldn't even consider in "normal circumstances."

This doesn't make soldiers or cops evil, but it does make them vulnerable to being manipulated by unscrupulous leaders.
Old 10-12-2012, 4:10 PM

Default You only need a tiny number to "Do the dirty work" for few reasons.

1)most of the "Good Guys" will be 'carrying water' for them, and out of the loop as to what the trucks, fuel, etc is being used for.

2)other "Good Guys" will be used for keeping population separated into small enough groups for the fairly tiny number of "bad guys" to process.

3)Last but not least, the "Powers That Be" can find decent number of apolitical "bad guys" willing to do their bidding simply by pardoning convicts and handing them a uniform, badge and gun.

IIRC, this is how it done in USSR, when a tiny number of "Communists" put a huge high population empire with all sorts of national groups(Cossacks, etc) under their thumb.

I notice all that is never studied seriously in school or college: How "it happened" over there, and they instead present a somewhat farcical story about Hitler as some memorizing "Pied Piper" or something.
Old 10-12-2012, 7:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taidaisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calplinker View Post
This is correct. If you own or use a cell phone, or have a computer with internet access (including area WiFi) you are most definitely not anonymous, no matter how careful or clever you think you are.
I don't mean to minimize the risk, but both of these posts are largely incorrect.

Nothing more complex than an incognito browser over a VPN through an offshore proxy and it will take intergovernmental cooperation to accomplish the simplest of tasks against you.

I'm genuinely curious as to what anyone thinks is happening out there that makes everything so magically transparent. Is the crack to AES available with a purchase of 8 gallons or more at Chevron?
Old 10-12-2012, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
... Anytime you run flash or java you are giving up your "real" IP address. I believe the powers at be are keeping a list of everything we watch and do online for later consumption and who knows what...
There is a world, right around the corner, where where I'm important, and in fact am considered dangerous by some. In my world, "they" attempt to track my every move becaue they know how smart I am. They suspect that I'm planning The Rebellion, and I am. In it, I'll leap from rock to rock offing bad guys - a one-man army - eating wild plants and animals on the run, always one step ahead. People fear me, for I am a...

delusional "survivalist."

Last edited by kb58; 10-12-2012 at 7:32 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
I grew up in semi-military town with lots of Army/Navy brats in school.

I spent six years in the Army, and let me shed a little light on what most soldiers really fantasize about: Pu$$y.

Your average corporal doesn't even know what martial law means.
Old 10-12-2012, 7:53 PM

Anonymity Online - Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.

https://www.torproject.org/
Old 10-12-2012, 8:02 PM

pretty good video, obviously Hollywood and Call of Duty are NOT what real war is. However mocking "$1000 dollar scopes that arent zeroed" and then stating that everyone needs to buy an M4 and an ACOG is condescending.

there are many firearms besides the beloved AR-15 that are suitable.
Old 10-12-2012, 8:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldraque View Post
pretty good video, obviously Hollywood and Call of Duty are NOT what real war is. However mocking "$1000 dollar scopes that arent zeroed" and then stating that everyone needs to buy an M4 and an ACOG is condescending.

there are many firearms besides the beloved AR-15 that are suitable.
people like the M16 family of weapons due the availablitly of parts and ammo. they are everywhere. as for other weapons yes there are some that are just as good if not better. it is a matter of choice or familiararity of the weapon system.

you never know who you are up against if they have that type of weapon. they could be some prepper who thinks he's superman or an ex SF, or Infantry, or prior service guy who is quite proficient in that firearm. you never know. never underestimate your opponent.

the best thing really to do is if nobody knows you are there keep it that way. if are feeling like some COD guy go ahead and engage them you may live you may die. the person you are about to engage may not be alone or he might be. honestly you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calplinker View Post

The compound Bin Laden was staying in had no land line, no cell phones, and no internet access of any kind. Only reason he was able to remain hidden so long was these kind of extreme OPSEC practices.
it was all perfect for him until we got a source to give it all up. of course this all takes time and alot of luck on our part that the source is not found out. if so well ya know the source is killed. and lets not forget we had some of the best intel people on the job looking for Osama and that alone was no easy task. it is they who deserve the credit. the SEALS only carried out the last part of it. an important one no less. but consider the 1000's of man hours trying to find someone who did'nt want to be found. eventually he was.

oh and here we go again with the military coming to take over the US. i suggest you look up the UCMJ on unlawful orders and the geneva convention. it's there read it and learn. all US military personell are governed by those laws and must abide them.

now of course when or if the WROL is here it won't matter. there will be no government no official chain of command to worry about. i personally think if this happens most military personell will be wanting to get home their families to take care of them. that would be what i want to do is get home and hunker down for the long term or for as long as i can.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 10-12-2012 at 9:04 PM..