Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009, 5:10 PM
Veteran Member

Default Had a great time......

Was just awesome to meet everyone and talk guns. I was pleasantly suprised to meet a ton of people who have never heard of Calguns....and better yet...people who had no idea what we do. Alot of people were eager to ask questions regarding OLL legality when you engaged them in conversation.

Once again...very nice to meet my fellow brothers and sister's ( Calgunners)

Here's some pics I took real quick before the "Camera Nazi" told me to stop the photo's.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisO View Post
.......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.
Old 11-08-2009, 7:44 PM

I had a chance to stop by today and would like to offer a tip of the hat to all the volunteers there! Nicely done!

It was organized, friendly, knowledgeable and approachable to the folks passing by. Dragonfly and Ladyliss did a great job of acknowledging me and starting a conversation as I stuck my nose in around the table looking at the literature.
Old 11-08-2009, 7:45 PM
In Memoriam

I stopped by the calguns booth yesterday and today mostly to troll them that was until someone recognized me. I had to spend the whole weekend watching my booth though but I passed out lots of flyers and directed lots of people to the booth. And made some money on top of it all.
Old 11-08-2009, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckshootist View Post
I stopped by the calguns booth yesterday and today mostly to troll them that was until someone recognized me. I had to spend the whole weekend watching my booth though but I passed out lots of flyers and directed lots of people to the booth. And made some money on top of it all.
right on!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 7:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckshootist View Post
Good to meet you....thanks for stoppin by.

Quote:
I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
Quote:
Old 11-08-2009, 7:58 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll introduce myself next time I see him. I've spotted him at neal's in burlingame and Gunter's.

He kinda puts a hole in your "tattoos will look silly when you're older" theory .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post

[BTW Which coffee shop - Brentwood Bowl in SSF? He hits Gunther's in SSF a bit too.]
Old 11-08-2009, 9:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfried View Post
I'll introduce myself next time I see him. I've spotted
him at Neal's in Burlingame and Gunter's.
I've not been to Neal's (I believe it's the old Ben's cafe though??) I'll hve to ask Phil about it. I trust his opinion of diners

Phil also helps ensure the coffee pot at Tabor's Guns is emptied

Phil, friends and I customarily do T-Day and Xmas morning breafkast at Gunther's, though I won't make the T-day brkfst this year.

And we usu hit Celia's on Peninsula Ave San Mateo after we do a shoot at Jackson Arms, and Brentwood Bowl cafe before heading to the Cow Palace show.

Quote:
He kinda puts a hole in your "tattoos will look silly when you're older" theory .
Bwaah! Phil's definition of formal wear is the good leather vest and a new T-shirt with advertising for ammo or racing fuel.

Still waiting to see his bike get put together.

Oh - ask Phil if he's ever been in a biker bar with a buddy in a 3-piece suit I'm probably the only one that's ever gone into the (now closed) Rio in San Bruno after the symphony. I was looked at strangely until they saw I was Phil's friend.

Honestly, the guy should run for mayor. He knows a ton of folks, he's very nice and polite and even-tempered.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 11-09-2009, 7:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Was nice to stop by the booth and talk to calgunners. Also nice to see them out in force to spread the true facts. As always nice to put the names with faces. Bwiese nice to meet you in person you have always given solid advice.
Mon-Fri 10-7 Sat 10-5 925-447-4743/510-470-3859
PROVIDING THE LARGEST SELECTION OF BLACK RIFLES IN THE TRI VALLEY /EAST BAY AREA.
MAGAZINE LOCKs AK/SAIGA 12/vz58 more to come . http://www.shop.solartactical.com/pr...&categoryId=20
DEALERS email us at sales@solartactical.com for pricing.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Yesterday was my first time working the Calguns booth. I enjoyed meeting fellow Calgunners and having some faces to put with the handles. It was great to be able to spread the word and do a bit to kill FUD!
"Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Big props to Dragonfly for running the booth. As usual it was a pleasure.

I'd like to note one thing, though. It came to my attention that a particular vendor who was originally adjacent to us complained to the Show organizers about the CGN booth.

At a previous show, this vendor had approached me about the legality of his product. After a little research and some consultation with some other (smarter) folks, we told him that it was most likely legal. Show attendees also asked us about his product (his table was next to us) and we were able to recite the applicable statute to demonstrate legality.

This vendor also benefitted from proximity to the CGN table. Visitors to our table were able to look left and see his products. Quite a few walked over to chat with him. I'm pretty sure that the CGN booth boosted his sales.

So - I was pretty suprised when I was informed that this same vendor who'd been so solicitous and eager for our opinion decided that the CGN was a distraction and wanted us moved away from his table. Apparently CGN was "stealing his customers". Attention to our table was also preventing customers from seeing his product.

Amazing, eh?

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
Apparently CGN was "stealing his customers". Attention to our table was also preventing customers from seeing his product.

Amazing, eh?
If his customers are getting "stolen" by a booth that is selling nothing except hats, stickers, and OLL books, I think he has much bigger issues than CGN

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Raggedy Edge of the Verse, Fremont, California Republic

Looks like a great time! I really wish I could have come by this weekend to show support but life got in the way..Sick kids and wife...

I still have my blue Calguns shirt from the October show, if you need me for the next show..
Old 11-09-2009, 6:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Looks like a first-class event run by Dragonfly. Thanks to all the Calguns volunteers who spent their Saturday and/or Sunday educating those who might otherwise have set out into the world of CA guns without the family and support that we have here. California will one day be free and gun friendly, and you are all making that happen. Bravo!

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-09-2009, 6:47 PM
Banned

It was great seeing you guys Sunday. Someone at the booth asked me if I had heard of Calguns.net. I said "yes."

I was soooooooo tempted to say "no."

Glad the Firing Line reprints were a popular item. I know Red was giving away a lot of them too.
Old 11-09-2009, 7:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So - where'd the lucite donation boxes get off to?

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 11-09-2009, 9:44 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry I couldn't make the show (and the volunteer opportunity) -- I had prior work obligations this time around. Look forward to pitching in next time.

Keep up the great work!!!

--Neill
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 AM

i stopped by saturday with my g/f and picked up a few flowcharts, nice booth! ill be sure to try to help next time.
Old 11-13-2009, 7:56 PM

Weird, I was there with a friend of mine and did not see the booth. We both gave cash to the NRA on the way in and my friend was telling me about calguns which prompted me to join this site several days later but I some how missed the booth.
Old 11-13-2009, 8:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The booth was to the right against the wall as you entered the building - Good to have you aboard -
Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon1965 View Post
The booth was to the right against the wall as you entered the building - Good to have you aboard -
How about a round of e-applause and thanks for Saigon's generous donation of mouth-watering hand-made burritos from his restaurant in Dublin (Taqueria Azteca, 7155 Amador Plaza Rd, Dublin, CA). If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and grab some of the best Mexican food around (and I mean that- I tend to grab lunch there at least once a week and it's fantastic every time).

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
How about a round of e-applause and thanks for Saigon's generous donation of mouth-watering hand-made burritos from his restaurant in Dublin (Taqueria Azteca, 7155 Amador Plaza Rd, Dublin, CA). If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and grab some of the best Mexican food around (and I mean that- I tend to grab lunch there at least once a week and it's fantastic every time).

Looks like I know where I'm going next time I'm coming back from panoche.
Old 11-14-2009, 5:53 AM

Quote:
I totally agree with wildhawker, and i also usually make it there for lunch at least one a week.
Old 11-14-2009, 8:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I gotta stop in there sometime.....I totally missed out on the burrito's....I worked Sunday.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2009, 1:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen - I sure wish that I can make it out to the show both days to feed everyone - Work gets in the way quite a bit - Until the next show -
Old 11-14-2009, 4:34 PM

Here's to the burrito guy - thanks saigon ...
Old 11-14-2009, 5:05 PM
Calguns Addict

I had a really good time.

Last show I volunteered a rifle for display, this time I was behind the booth.

I had a great time, spent too much and talked to a lot of calgunners and hopefully future calgunners.

The Burritos were good, highly recommended.

The guy selling the safes, what can we do about that?

It was funny actually. He had set up on our table, then he complained and we got moved...

On the good side, two tables worked out pretty well, last time one table just had too much overflow. I could understand why he was upset but like others have said, he's got bigger problems than being next to our booth.
Old 11-14-2009, 6:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
I had a really good time.

Last show I volunteered a rifle for display, this time I was behind the booth.

I had a great time, spent too much and talked to a lot of calgunners and hopefully future calgunners.

The Burritos were good, highly recommended.

The guy selling the safes, what can we do about that?

It was funny actually. He had set up on our table, then he complained and we got moved...

On the good side, two tables worked out pretty well, last time one table just had too much overflow. I could understand why he was upset but like others have said, he's got bigger problems than being next to our booth.
Eff him!

Last show I made an effort to make sure that we were good neighbors. Pulled overflow people from our table who were crowding his, talked to him about legality, let him know that we were there to answer questions, etc....

And even after he'd pulled his "panties in a wad" trip - he STILL sent prospective customers to our booth to confirm that his product was a legal way to transport a pistol. What chutzpah.

I'd like for him to offer an apology to Dragonfly for being a D***. Then, I'll THINK about being nice to him.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 11-14-2009, 7:52 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: San Diego, National Socialist Democratic Republic of Facistfornia

CalGuns reserved 2 tables ,and I personally confirmed with X-Roads a few days before the show.
We were assigned tables W-42 and W-43. Tables are like politicians,when you buy 'em they are supposed to stay bought.

-Abraham Lincoln,1862
=======================================
"Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
- Benjamin Franklin -1775

Last edited by bplvr; 11-14-2009 at 7:54 PM..
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon1965 View Post
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen - I sure wish that I can make it out to the show both days to feed everyone - Work gets in the way quite a bit - Until the next show -
i think i might have talked to you about the double rifle case. did you pick one up?
Old 11-15-2009, 4:43 PM

are there any plans in the works for a booth at the OC Fairgrounds (Costa Mesa) Crossroads shows? i would be happy to help! my So-Cal Beltfed Shooters set-up/booth could be adapted easily!

i now see an old thread from July that there was a booth at OC. be happy to help out next time around!

www.1919bmg.com TM

Last edited by iRIGHTi; 11-15-2009 at 4:48 PM..
Old 11-15-2009, 6:35 PM

We are falling back to re-group with a lot of new show goodies for the 2010 season.The next CM show we will do is March 27 & 28. Order your Blue Polo now from gunsR4.us to avoid the stampede later ,and sign up for what day and shift you want as soon as the thread is posted. Have a good time at the booth and welcome to the 2A fight.

-Abraham Lincoln,1862
Old 01-23-2010, 12:12 PM

Default Cal Guns Gun Show Booth...Cow Palace March 13 & 14, 2010

Event: Cow Palace Gun Show {one 8 foot table} .. TABLE 43 {wall} re-confirmed 3/8/10
Date: March 13 & 14,2010
Time: Saturday 9-5 / Sunday 9-4
Venue Info: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com
Regional Coordinator: bplvr
** Crew **
Event Coordinator :......... Purple K
Volunteers: 4 / shift

Saturday..am 9-1...Purple K {Y}.....acorn556 {Y}.......trendkill {Y}......ladyliss {Y}... CLOSED
Saturday..pm 1-5...Purple K {Y}.....acorn556 {Y}.......trendkill {Y}......ladyliss {Y}... CLOSED

Sunday...am 9-1...Purple K {Y}..windowseat {Y}...........osis32 {Y}.....haiedras {Y}......CLOSED
Sunday...pm 1-4...Purple K {Y}..windowseat {Y} ........davidoff {Y}....{....?....}

If you want to volunteer at the booth please respond with which DAY and which SHIFT you prefer ..
.................................................. ...and if you have a CALGUNS POLO SHIRT

CalGuns Polo Shirts are available from: www.gunsr4.us Yes, you can pay for your Polo with GUNPAL.

If you want to order CalGuns business cards with your "login" to hand out,order them from: www.tinyurl.com/calgun

-Abraham Lincoln,1862

Last edited by bplvr; 03-10-2010 at 2:51 PM.. Reason: updated Sunday pm
Old 01-23-2010, 2:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN ContributorCGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'll take Saturday all day. Yes, I already have a polo shirt. I'll bring an AR for display.

Last edited by Purple K; 01-23-2010 at 3:48 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 3:09 PM

I think I can do Saturday as well. I can order a polo and a hat. What do we do? Just spread the wonderful word that is Calguns?
Old 01-23-2010, 3:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn556 View Post
I think I can do Saturday as well. I can order a polo and a hat. What do we do? Just spread the wonderful word that is Calguns?
Mostly just answering questions. Spreading the word..... Knowledge is power.

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson.
"a system of licensing the right of
self-defense, which doesn’t recognize self-defense as “good cause”
Don Kilmer
Old 01-23-2010, 6:35 PM

Default CalGuns Gun Show Booth ,CalExpo ,Sacto March 6&7,2010

Event: Sacramento Gun Show
Date : March 6 & 7 2010
Location: California State Fairgrounds ..............Table Paid For ! Yur on Gunnies!
1600 Exposition Blvd.
Sacramento ,Ca.
Time: Saturday 9-5 , Sunday 9-4
Venue info: http://www.calexpo.com
Regional Coordinator: bplvr
** Crew **
Event Coordinator: Lateralus
Volunteers :.. 3 / shift
Saturday ..am.9-1..lateralus {Y}...arteeel {Y} ....WW2buff..{Y}...CLOSED
Saturday ..pm.1-5..lateralus {Y}...arteeel {Y} ..lonegunman {Y}...CLOSED
================================================== ======
Sunday.....am.9-1..lateralus {Y}...purple K {Y}...Sierratangofoxtrot {Y}...CLOSED
Sunday.....pm.1-4..lateralus {Y}...purple K {Y}...norcalmama{Y}....chrisw {Y}....[CLOSED]
If you want to volunteer at the booth please respond with which DAY and SHIFT you prefer and if you have a CALGUNS Polo Shirt

CalGuns Polo Shirts are available at: www.gunsr4.us ... Yes, they take GUNPAL !

If you want to order CalGuns business cards with your 'login" to hand out,order them from; www.tinyurl.com/calgun

-Abraham Lincoln,1862

Last edited by bplvr; 03-05-2010 at 3:00 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 6:56 PM

Can't I just drop by and say hello and donate instead??? sorry being an smartarse....
Old 01-23-2010, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushem2000 View Post
Can't I just drop by and say hello and donate instead??? sorry being an smartarse....

Of course you can stop by ,drop a C-note in the donation box,get one of the last OLL books, and meet the other Gunnies.

-Abraham Lincoln,1862

Last edited by bplvr; 01-23-2010 at 7:33 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 7:06 PM
Janitors assistant

Saturday. More than likely.
Old 01-23-2010, 8:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Saturday all day. Yes, I have a polo.

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson.
"a system of licensing the right of
self-defense, which doesn’t recognize self-defense as “good cause”
Don Kilmer