Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM

Thanks for pointing me to the correct page. I read it. Someone responded to them already and I agree.
WWIII, invasion from multiple countries. Yes, I have seen that in movies as well. When that scenario comes true, do you plan on linking up with other civilians to create a militia unit or do you plan on hunkering down at our property?

I completely agree preparing is very wise. I wish more Americans did so. Being prepared and well skilled and honed for realistic scenarios vs. SHTF is what I guess my rant was about.
I am glad you have prepared yourself. Unfortunately, the forefathers have a lot they are laughing and crying about right now.

Last edited by elfstone; 10-12-2012 at 12:53 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstone View Post
Wouldn't you stockpile the BEST ammo and gun to completely minimize to the lowest possibility of misfires/problems? Why ask about steel case then.
I do what I can within the means that I have. I'm not made of money. Any amount of prepping is better than NO prepping. Just doing a little bit already puts you ahead of the majority of Americans.

Last edited by AbsoluteTruth; 10-12-2012 at 1:01 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks for pointing me to the correct page. I read it. Someone responded to them already and I agree.
WWIII, invasion from multiple countries. Yes, I have seen that in movies as well. When that scenario comes true, do you plan on linking up with other civilians to create a militia unit or do you plan on hunkering down at our property?

I completely agree preparing is very wise. I wish more Americans did so. Being prepared and well skilled and honed for realistic scenarios vs. SHTF is what I guess my rant was about.
I am glad you have prepared yourself. The forefathers have a lot they are laughing and crying about right now.
You may have seen WWIII and the invasion of countries in movies but it can be seen in history. Just because we are America does not mean we are impenetrable. I don't know if I would link up with civilians or not most likely but my preps are more towards living off the land in the wilderness. I wouldn't hold up at home because then you would be trapped. A simple swat team and you would most likely be done. Not including countless looters. Yes the forefathers would be crying for sure. Thanks for understanding I am not one of those unrealistic zombie SHTFers haha...

Last edited by AbsoluteTruth; 10-12-2012 at 1:09 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 1:36 AM

I personally think OP is on wrong path...

If you really believe in using weapon in SHTF, you should be spending time and money on training, not on what rifle or ammo.

say, if your last longer than your AR and forced to use an AK instead, do you know how to?
what about a mossberg? a Ruger Scout? a crossbow?

======
about an invasion, it's highly unlikely if you studied some logistic topic before

to operate an invasion army in US, one must have a extremely huge resource to maintain a supply route between both country while defeating US and our allies Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard from cutting this supply line.

Even the peak of Soviet power, they had ability to maintain at most a few divisions on US mainland even if they could defeat USN/AF and NATO at first place.
Of Course, a few divisions would be no match against defending US/Canadian forces.

Had WWIII happened, and both USN and USAF were defeated.
I would still not worry about what rifle I need, since most of us would certainly being drafted into military, using whatever they issued to us.

The only time I could see myself using my own rifle against enemy soldier would be US regular forces were complete defeated, and we were down to home guard/Volkssturm style militia as the last line of defense.
(and we would use nukes if that happens)

Last edited by Lugiahua; 10-12-2012 at 1:49 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
I personally think OP is on wrong path...

If you really believe in using weapon in SHTF, you should be spending time and money on training, not what rifle or ammo to own.

say, if your last longer than your AR and forced to use an AK instead, do you know how to?
what about a mossberg? a Ruger Scout? a crossbow?

======
about an invasion, it's highly unlikely if you studied some logistic topic before

to operate an invasion army in US, one must have a extremely huge resource to maintain a supply route between both country while defeating US and our allies Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard from cutting this supply line.

Even the peak of Soviet power, they had ability to maintain at most a few divisions on US mainland even if they could defeat USN/AF and NATO at first place.
Of Course, a few divisions would be no match against defending US/Canadian forces.

Had WWIII happened, and both USN and USAF were defeated.
I would still not worry about what rifle I need, since most of us would certainly being drafted into military, using whatever they issued to us.

The only time I could see myself using my own rifle against enemy soldier would be US regular forces were complete defeated, and we were down to home guard/Volkssturm style militia as the last line of defense.
You can't train very easily without a rifle. And any professional tactical carbine training in my area is over 600$ for a two day class not including ammo. My brother I live with has a Remington 870 and a Mosin yes I know how to use them. I used to own a Ruger 10/22 before I sold it to buy an AR. I also own a Sig. I also know how to use an Ak.

Yes it would be hard to supply an invading army against our military. But what I'm talking about as a high possibility is martial law. Which are military would be enforcing along with NATO troops. Also much of our military are oversees. Our own troops participated in gun confiscation during Hurricane Katrina so what makes you think they wouldn't do it again.

Much of our military jets are being replaced by unmanned drones which they are making autonomous. It is one of the elites plans. If the military bases in Hawaii were taken out it would cause the military grid to go black as far as I know. Their are over 800 fema camps inside the US that are all empty with barbed wire facing in. These camps will be used if the economy crashes or if there were a terrorist attack on the US causing martial law. Dissenters and political dissidence would be picked up and brought to these camps. During martial law the constitution is voided.

The elites of the US are the ones that want this from my studies, you have to remember our country has been taken over. We basically have mobsters running right now. They have been working toward a New World Order for hundreds of years. A new world order is a "one world government." That is the goal of the United Nations. They eventually want the whole world into a one world government where are constitution doesn't exist any more. Look this up. I'm am a follower of bible prophesy and in the bible there will be a one world government but the nations of the world must be brought to their lowest point ever so the one world government can rise from its ashes. Look all over the middle east country by country are being brought to ashes. Its all in the bible and I've been studying it for the past three years extensively.

Last edited by AbsoluteTruth; 10-12-2012 at 2:28 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 5:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteTruth View Post
Much of our military jets are being replaced by unmanned drones which they are making autonomous. It is one of the elites plans. If the military bases in Hawaii were taken out it would cause the military grid to go black as far as I know. Their are over 800 fema camps inside the US that are all empty with barbed wire facing in. These camps will be used if the economy crashes or if there were a terrorist attack on the US causing martial law. Dissenters and political dissidence would be picked up and brought to these camps. During martial law the constitution is voided.

The elites of the US are the ones that want this from my studies, you have to remember our country has been taken over. We basically have mobsters running right now. They have been working toward a New World Order for hundreds of years. A new world order is a "one world government." That is the goal of the United Nations. They eventually want the whole world into a one world government where are constitution doesn't exist any more. Look this up. I'm am a follower of bible prophesy and in the bible there will be a one world government but the nations of the world must be brought to their lowest point ever so the one world government can rise from its ashes. Look all over the middle east country by country are being brought to ashes. Its all in the bible and I've been studying it for the past three years extensively.
All right, put down the bong and step away from the computer! (Especially infowars.com)

The FEMA camps have been discussed in the "Off topic" forum, you can post about SHTF over there.
Old 10-12-2012, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
You just have to secure it, either with a lock and/or a safe.
No, you don't.
"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory" Jeff Cooper

كافر
Old 10-12-2012, 8:34 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So wait is it ILLEGAL to not have a lock on your gun or a safe? If you can't answer this I would like someone to chime in as well. If thats the case i personally think that's bull...just my opinion. Some people like to keep guns in multiple different areas of the house hidden. That way whatever happens they are always near a gun...
Again keep in mind that this is California guys. The pressure to follow laws and obey the police state and protect the childreen and the trees is ON THE GUN OWNER, not the criminal that steals your weapon. Look guys, even if there was no legal obligation to lock up your gun wouldn't you want to do that anyway? I don't know about you guys but I don't want anyone grabbing my guns, and I don't want my guns hitting the streets-what do stolen guns end up doing? Yeah, not going to the range for target practice for sure. What if that stolen gun wound up in the hands of a minor? Here's a thread that tried to cover the subject: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=423799

From what I gather you are NOT required to use a safe but it's responsible gun ownership which makes it a requirement to me...

Last edited by myk; 10-12-2012 at 8:46 AM..
Old 10-12-2012, 8:55 AM

Quote:
snip

Uhhh, boy...

Come on, dude. Your opinion is your opinion, but stop pushing it on us in a rifle forum.

The Bible told you to buy an AR-15 with a Forward Assist because the Elites are buying drones to take out military bases in Hawaii to "cause the whole military to go black" to declare martial law (by the way, who will be enforcing said martial law when the armed forces go "black"?) to throw us into FEMA camps so they can Scrooge McDuck-it into champagne and moneybaths and you expect us to take you seriously because you watch some f*cking YOUTUBE VIDEOS?

How unbelievably arrogant are you? Every member of this forum has an opinion, and a large majority of them make a strong point of keeping up on issues domestic and global. I for one have been studying geopolitics, international news, comparative religion, foreign policy, and (admittedly limited bits of) economics, to try to keep abreast of the constantly changing geopolitical landscape. You may say you do too, but making LUDICROUS assumptions like "the UN wants a one world government" makes me wonder what exactly you're studying.

Economic imperialism has shown itself to be DRASTICALLY more effective a form of rule than that which mandates by force. If I can get you terrified for your livelihood but keep you just content enough to keep working and buying, I'm doing an effective job of ruling. Shooting you isn't necessary at that point. So blathering on about drone strikes and bible prophecies is all well and good, but stop treating this forum like your God-damned soapbox, because it isn't. Freedom of speech is one thing, but we're not a bunch of goddamned misguided children who want to listen to the ravings a guy who can't even ****-ing spell or use terms like "Habeas Corpus".

/rant.
Old 10-12-2012, 9:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
Uhhh, boy...

Come on, dude. Your opinion is your opinion, but stop pushing it on us in a rifle forum.

The Bible told you to buy an AR-15 with a Forward Assist because the Elites are buying drones to take out military bases in Hawaii to "cause the whole military to go black" to declare martial law (by the way, who will be enforcing said martial law when the armed forces go "black"?) to throw us into FEMA camps so they can Scrooge McDuck-it into champagne and moneybaths and you expect us to take you seriously because you watch some f*cking YOUTUBE VIDEOS?

How unbelievably arrogant are you? Every member of this forum has an opinion, and a large majority of them make a strong point of keeping up on issues domestic and global. I for one have been studying geopolitics, international news, comparative religion, foreign policy, and (admittedly limited bits of) economics, to try to keep abreast of the constantly changing geopolitical landscape. You may say you do too, but making LUDICROUS assumptions like "the UN wants a one world government" makes me wonder what exactly you're studying.

Economic imperialism has shown itself to be DRASTICALLY more effective a form of rule than that which mandates by force. If I can get you terrified for your livelihood but keep you just content enough to keep working and buying, I'm doing an effective job of ruling. Shooting you isn't necessary at that point. So blathering on about drone strikes and bible prophecies is all well and good, but stop treating this forum like your God-damned soapbox, because it isn't. Freedom of speech is one thing, but we're not a bunch of goddamned misguided children who want to listen to the ravings a guy who can't even ****-ing spell or use terms like "Habeas Corpus".

/rant.
Thank you for that. It was much needed.

OP, stop jumping over a dollar to save a dime. If its an uber reliable rifle you seek, then spend the few extra hundred dollars it takes to get one and be happy.

The cost of the rifle will soon be over shadowed by costs to run it if you are at all serious about shooting and becoming proficient with your rifle.

Good luck, have fun, and if you want to learn solid basic marksmanship fundamentals, sign up door an Appleseed weekend. Welcome to the AR club. The more the merrier.
Old 10-13-2012, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Uhhh, boy...

/rant.

Hey I never said that Hawaii was going to be attacked causing the military to go black. It was just a possible scenario. I'm not saying that is going to happen. If it did happen I'm not saying martial law would follow. If that scenario happened I was trying to say it would be easier for other countries to invade. Do I think this is going to happen? probably not, but its a scenario, that's all. And about the fema camps I personally believe that they would only be used during an economic collapse after martial law gets put in place because of mass rioting. I believe an economic collapse would be much more plausible which I stated earlier in page three of this thread. Here is what my research and understanding of the Federal Reserve Bank has lead me too. This is what I posted earlier.

Quote:
Just look at the economy as long as the Federal Reserve bank is in power we will sink deeper into debt. I'm not talking about the 16-17 trillion we are in. The world is in over 1 QUADRILLION that's one thousand trillion dollars of derivative debt to the federal reserve bank.

The federal reserve gets countries into so much debt through derivatives that its impossible to get out of. Derivatives are basically interest on money they loan out to banks and countries. You know all the banks that got bailed out? Guess who bailed them out. The federal reserve bank. When banks BORROW money from the federal reserve and are charged interest on every dollar. The federal reserve prints the money out of thin air then LOANS it out.

Right now as far as I know governments pay 10 dollars for every dollar they borrow. Which I might add has gotten THE WORLD into OVER a quadrillion which is one thousand trillion dollars of derivatives. As far as I know the federal reserve says the United States owes 600 trillion dollars of derivatives. Our government backs them and lays the debt on the backs of the American people, when its not the peoples debt in the first place.It is a debt spiral that is designed to go on perpetually. When the federal reserve prints money out of thin air inflation occurs. The U.S. dollar has lost 96.2 percent of its value since 1900. Almost all of that decline has happened since the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. As long as the Federal Reserve bank keeps printing money the more the dollar will decline in value.

You can't just print money out of thin air forever. And when the dollar does fall and hyper inflation occurs there is going to be complete chaos in this country that people deserve to be warned about. Imagine living in a major city when it all comes down and the economy collapses. We have between 50 and 100 million people on food stamps in this country. If they stopped getting those you can COUNT on those cities burning within 3 days. Which will result in martial law with troops on the street to "keep the peace." And the military's idea of "keeping the peace" will result in gun confiscation

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...entral-banking

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ederal-reserve
If I come off arrogant than I'm sorry I do not intend to come off that way. You and others may follow a lot of news but where you get your news is very important. If you only get your news from the "mainstream media" like CNN, FOX, MSNBC ect. ect. than I'm sorry to say most are not getting the "real" news. All of those mainstream media outlets are owned by incredibly rich people that don't have Americans best interest at heart. I want you and everyone to ask yourself a question if you listen to these places for the majority of your news. This is the question. "Why do I listen to the mainstream media when at every turn they try and demonize guns and the second amendment?" Ask yourself that. Why do they all demonize guns? The majority of Americans are listening to people including men covered in make-up reading off a teleprompter. Have you ever wondered why the majority of the media only talks about a handful of talking points. Almost all of the media pushes war propaganda.

You say I make "LUDICROUS assumptions like "the UN wants a one world government" makes me wonder what exactly you're studying."

Well I'll let you know right now I'm not make an "assumption" that was the real reason the UN was created you can look this up. If you don't believe me then you can listen to George Bush Senior say it straight from the horses mouth.

Here is Clinton saying it.

Here is Gordan Brown saying it.

Here is Henry Kissinger saying that obama can bring a new world order

So am I really that ludicrous and am I really making "assumptions?"

You say "makes me wonder what exactly you're studying." Well When I'm not following world politics, ancient civilizations, religions of the world and the bible in depth. I am studying various "secret societies" and their hidden doctrines. Yes secret societies do exist and have been around for thousands of years passing down esoteric information kept from the mass populace. And yes many of our presidents have been in these secret societies. This is where the doctrine of the new world order or "one world government" comes from. You don't believe me that presidents have been in secret societies? Well check this out. Remember Bush and Karry? yes they were both part of the same secret society called "Skull and Bones." What does that mean? Well it was rigged. You got to pick between 2 people in the same secret society. heres proof.

I have only scratched the surface. I am not trying to stand on a soapbox. People came to MY thread and started making fun of me. So I do what anyone would do and defend myself with what I know. If you don't like it don't come to my thread. Its not that big a deal. People don't have to read it if they don't want to. I'm not trying to be mean.

Last edited by AbsoluteTruth; 10-14-2012 at 12:35 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 1:23 AM
then there's classified.
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: You know that line of dare-devils going 70 in the fast lane? I'm behind them, gorram it!
Thumbs down

"So I do what anyone would do and defend myself with what I know"

Do crazy people know that they are crazy?

Dude, you are nuttier than squirrel turds.

We still get stranger things than you in our breakfast cereal.

Get back to us when you perfect your tactical wheelbarrow.

It’s actually kind of beautiful that in America a large group of people known for owning guns are only feared because they vote.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison
Old 10-13-2012, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
"So I do what anyone would do and defend myself with what I know"

Do crazy people know that they are crazy?

Dude, you are nuttier than squirrel turds.

We still get stranger things than you in our breakfast cereal.

Get back to us when you perfect your tactical wheelbarrow.
I hope everyone has learned something from what what just said. If you can't disprove the message, attack the messenger. Its funny even though what I've just said is backed up you still can't or don't want to comprehend it. Even when multiple presidents say it.

You should contemplate hard on this next quote.
"condemnation before investigation is the height of ignorance"-Albert Einstein

How about you investigate what I've said before you condemn me

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” Mark Twain
Old 10-13-2012, 3:41 AM

It is hard to disprove crazy message.
"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory" Jeff Cooper

كافر
Old 10-13-2012, 8:58 AM

Some people need to bone up on what is really going on.

Are you guys even serious?

Absolute Truth, I'm with you on some of it. The government is and has been prepping for a civil war. The UN is and has been trying to convince our government that its citizens shouldn't be armed . Several countries have already complied. All you have to do is type UN into google and click on the first thing that pops up.

The small arms treaty is the first step in a very big plan.
Old 10-13-2012, 9:01 AM

CYA
Old 10-13-2012, 9:49 AM

Default A different perspective.

I am not the world's expert but I do have a number of ARs and LR 308s and I do engineering design for a living. I have never seen any difference in the design or an AR or LR 308 that would make one rifle able to use steel case ammo and another not. Many rifle manufacturers recommend that you do not use steel case ammo, and I personally would never use it in any gun. The issue with steel case ammo is that the polymer coating can melt in the chamber and fuse to the chamber wall. It won't happen if you shoot slow enough to keep the chamber cool,or if you ensure that you never leave a case in a hot chamber for more than a second. The other problem with much of the steel case ammo is that ithas powder that generates huge amounts of soot which tends to gunk up your rifle.

To be clear, any AR will shoot steel case ammo. The only things that a manufacturer could do to make it's AR more reliable with steelcase ammo would be to over gas (oversize gas port), or possibly make an oversize (loose) chamber. Both of these solutions are hardly what I would call improvements, and are likely to hurt accuracy and possibly durability. The AK is overgassed and has loose tolerances in every part of it's action so that it will operate with crappy ammo and while filled with dirt, but the AK gives up accuracy for reliability. I have several generic, inexpensive ARs. All of them shoot anything I put in them, and the bull barrel AR shoots 0.5moa 10 shot groups. Don't assume that paying more gets you reliability or accuracy. Paying more is likely to get you better finish, extra features, and better qc but assuming they didn't make a mistake building your rifle it is likely to be as reliable, and as able touse steel case ammo as any other AR.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 AM

During an SHTF event you would most likely be stuck in traffic with all the other "wilderness" leaving people. A much better event would be preparing for a big earthquake. Do you have any experience living off the land?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 AM

I can't help but to recall
when my dad was in college back in 60s, there were already people running around claiming government was preparing a civil war/government high up was infiltrated by the communists and collaborating with Soviet Unions.

I am not saying that we should trust government.
But claiming government is deploying military against us by a few Army/Marine trucks running on I-5 is quite ridiculous IMO
Old 10-13-2012, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter556 View Post
During an SHTF event you would most likely be stuck in traffic with all the other "wilderness" leaving people. A much better event would be preparing for a big earthquake. Do you have any experience living off the land?
That is a possibility but there are many signs to watch for that can help you get out in time if you had too. Lets take an economic collapse which would be followed by martial law for example. You can watch Europe and if the Euro falls then you can estimate that the dollar will fall around 2 weeks later. At least that's what most top economist say. That right there gives you two weeks to get out of where ever you are. Sense the majority of the public do not know this, they will continue life as usual. Yes I have experience living off the land. I have backpacked the whole Washington coast and much more.
Old 10-13-2012, 6:34 PM

Where is this weapon at, i wanna see what you ended up with. You got an AK huh?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Calguns Addict

I think you'll be completely happy with your decision!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 PM

Continuing to say a future gun of yours is an M4 to make it sound cooler in your mind is ONE of the reasons its hard to take you seriously.

Repeatedly posting Youtube clips is another. (anyone can edit and paste clips in YouTube to say what they want. Yes both political parties have done it from the start.) It seems to me you get 100% of your data from video clips alone. Posting a video of Palmetto to show you will be more satisfied...

Quote:
Uhhh, boy...

/rant.
+1 on the first part. I tried
THOUGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomisntfree View Post
Absolute Truth, I'm with you on some of it. The government is and has been prepping for a civil war. The UN is and has been trying to convince our government that its citizens shouldn't be armed . Several countries have already complied. All you have to do is type UN into google and click on the first thing that pops up.

There are pieces in place that should get every citizen concerned and keep their government in check. Like I have said, all govts. want to keep the masses placid and drinking the cool-aid of media as it is very easy to control and manipulate.
But going on a huge stretch to spew out all these gonna happens and SHTF and all that.. There are many many steps to go thru before we need to prep for living off the land and be living out a few TV shows fantasies.
What I said earlier, it is better motivation to be prepared for more realistic scenarios and just enjoying and growing your skills on your guns instead of SHTF crap. And that is good that you are getting prepared, wherever the motivation started.
Oh and as the Bible clearly points out, EU will be present somehow in the end.

Last edited by elfstone; 10-13-2012 at 11:29 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Continuing to say a future gun of yours is an M4 to make it sound cooler in your mind is ONE of the reasons its hard to take you seriously.

Repeatedly posting Youtube clips is another. (anyone can edit and paste clips in YouTube to say what they want. Yes both political parties have done it from the start.) It seems to me you get 100% of your data from video clips alone. Posting a video of Palmetto to show you will be more satisfied...

+1 on the first part. I tried
THOUGH

There are pieces in place that should get every citizen concerned and keep their government in check. Like I have said, all govts. want to keep the masses placid and drinking the cool-aid of media as it is very easy to control and manipulate.
But going on a huge stretch to spew out all these gonna happens and SHTF and all that.. There are many many steps to go thru before we need to prep for living off the land and be living out a few TV shows fantasies.
What I said earlier, it is better motivation to be prepared for more realistic scenarios and just enjoying and growing your skills on your guns instead of SHTF crap. And that is good that you are getting prepared, wherever the motivation started.
Oh and as the Bible clearly points out, EU will be present somehow in the end.

You say ONE of the reasons you can't take me seriously is because I call it an M4 huh. Who cares! Sorry I call it what Palmetto State Armory calls it, you gonna go call THEM and complain to em? No you're not your gonna continue to pick out petty little things that I say in hopes of destroying my credibility to onlookers.

You say "It seems to me you get 100% of your data from video clips alone." That's funny because I posted 2 news articles under my post about the Federal Reserve Bank in the post where I have a few video clips. So you're wrong there. Sorry if you didn't take the time to go read them. Which is one of the main reasons I like video clips. They are straight to the point. I can post up news articles until I go blue in the face but none of that helps if people are too lazy to read them. Video clips are much faster.

Its funny you agreeing with "electric." Why? Because he took what I said out of context. You say "I tried" after you agree with him. That's funny, you didn't do anything you just talked **** in your original post. At least I give people respect.

Those video clips completely disproved what "electric" was saying. Yes I could have pulled up news articles doing the same thing or quotes. But it wouldn't have had the same effect than having our past president say it to his FACE.

"electric" said I was "making LUDICROUS assumptions like "the UN wants a one world government" makes me wonder what exactly you're studying."

He said this because I said the UN was founded to create "A New World Order" which means "one world government." Which I might add is in the bible.
So I posted THIS! to prove it because he said it was "LUDICROUS"

See how that's quick and to the point proving him wrong? Its straight from Bush's mouth. "electric" thought I was just "making it up." lol

You say I'm "going on a huge stretch to spew out all these gonna happens and SHTF." I find that funny too, because if you really read my post with the multiple videos in it you would see its not much of a "stretch" at all. I was mainly talking about an "economic collapse" due to the Private Federal Reserve Bank printing money out of thin air which destroys the value of our dollar. Which I might add was one of Ron Paul's main campaign focus's. Ending the Fed.

To say that an economic collapse and weakening of the dollar is not a "realistic scenario" just shows that you don't have a firm grasp on derivative dept and where money is derived from. I really urge you to go read what I wrote above, when I quoted myself. You can even go read the two articles I posted with it in links that backed me up sense you don't like videos.

Oh and I never said that the EU wouldn't be present. I was talking about the Euro collapsing which is ALL over the news. If the Euro collapsed there would still be an EU it would just be extreme poverty, starvation and rioting. Like I said countries have to be brought to their knees before a "New World Order" can emerge from the ashes.

Oh and if I'm prepared to live off the wild I think I'll be prepared for anything that's the whole point.

Last edited by AbsoluteTruth; 10-14-2012 at 1:40 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 1:06 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomisntfree View Post
Some people need to bone up on what is really going on.

Are you guys even serious?

Thanks for the support you're right man. Department of Homeland Security has bought over 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition just this year alone. If I'm not mistaken over 200 million are hollow points. Those aren't used for target practice

Also look up the UN's "Agenda 21" Hope you like the Hunger Games movie.
Old 10-14-2012, 1:43 AM

Steel cased ammo can cause problems because it is coated with a lacquer or polymer to prevent corrosion. When the rifle is shot fast enough it becomes hot, which cooks the coating off in the chamber (just pick up a fired round immediately and see how long you can hold it, which will explain how hot they get). The oxidized coating will build up in the chamber, mix with powder residue and cause cases to stick in the chamber or eventually not chamber and jam the gun. A good chamber cleaning with a suitable solvent and chamber brush is needed to remove the coating. I have run SKS and AK-47's with steel cased Chinese ammo with no problems, but I don't popcorn full magazines for the hell of it. Shoot it at a reasonable pace and clean the chamber every session and it should work fine.

Then there is a higher quality of steel cased ammo: http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/22470 50 rounds for $20 ain't too bad. It may be cheaper at other online retail sources.

Then there is this brass cased ammo: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-2106#Reviews This stuff is $6.39 a box/20 or $63.90 per 100. With shipping added still a good deal.

Like all things, with ammo you get what you pay for.

Manufacturers always warn about such things to lessen their liability. My Colt M-4 manual states, in big bold type: "CAUTION: USE ONLY CLEAN, DRY ORIGINAL HIGH QUALITY COMMERCIALLY MANUFACTURED AMMUNITION IN GOOD CONDITION which is appropriate to the caliber of your firearm. We do not recommend the use of remanufactured of hand loaded ammunition because it may severely damage your rifle." Nearly every manufacturer of all types of firearms makes the same statement about reloads and handloads.

Yet I only shoot handloaded ammunition. There is no sense in my purchasing a high end Colt H-Bar Elite M-4 and running factory garbage through it, the cartridges have to be tailored to the rifle for best accuracy (although I have 50 years of handloading experience to back me up). So, the steel cased ammunition, especially the better quality brands, should not pose a problem as long as you don't go hog wild with rapid fire and keep things clean.

Now go forth and obliterate those targets.

Last edited by Wrangler John; 10-14-2012 at 1:46 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 2:43 AM

Quote:
You say ONE of the reasons you can't take me seriously is because I call it an M4 huh. Who cares! Sorry I call it what Palmetto State Armory calls it, you gonna go call THEM and complain to em? No you're not your gonna continue to pick out petty little things that I say in hopes of destroying my credibility to onlookers.

You say "It seems to me you get 100% of your data from video clips alone." That's funny because I posted 2 news articles under my post about the Federal Reserve Bank in the post where I have a few video clips. So you're wrong there. Sorry if you didn't take the time to go read them. Which is one of the main reasons I like video clips. They are straight to the point. I can post up news articles until I go blue in the face but none of that helps if people are too lazy to read them. Video clips are much faster.

Its funny you agreeing with "electric." Why? Because he took what I said out of context. You say "I tried" after you agree with him. That's funny, you didn't do anything you just talked **** in your original post. At least I give people respect.

Those video clips completely disproved what "electric" was saying. Yes I could have pulled up news articles doing the same thing or quotes. But it wouldn't have had the same effect than having our past president say it to his FACE.

"electric" said I was "making LUDICROUS assumptions like "the UN wants a one world government" makes me wonder what exactly you're studying."

He said this because I said the UN was founded to create "A New World Order" which means "one world government." Which I might add is in the bible.
So I posted THIS! to prove it because he said it was "LUDICROUS"

See how that's quick and to the point proving him wrong? Its straight from Bush's mouth. "electric" thought I was just "making it up." lol

You say I'm "going on a huge stretch to spew out all these gonna happens and SHTF." I find that funny too, because if you really read my post with the multiple videos in it you would see its not much of a "stretch" at all. I was mainly talking about an "economic collapse" due to the Private Federal Reserve Bank printing money out of thin air which destroys the value of our dollar. Which I might add was one of Ron Paul's main campaign focus's. Ending the Fed.

To say that an economic collapse and weakening of the dollar is not a "realistic scenario" just shows that you don't have a firm grasp on derivative dept and where money is derived from. I really urge you to go read what I wrote above, when I quoted myself. You can even go read the two articles I posted with it in links that backed me up sense you don't like videos.

Oh and I never said that the EU wouldn't be present. I was talking about the Euro collapsing which is ALL over the news. If the Euro collapsed there would still be an EU it would just be extreme poverty, starvation and rioting. Like I said countries have to be brought to their knees before a "New World Order" can emerge from the ashes.

Oh and if I'm prepared to live off the wild I think I'll be prepared for anything that's the whole point.
I'm sorry, but using a 30 second sound bite instead of a credible, verifiable, and most importantly CONTEXT-GROUNDED piece of evidence does absolutely nothing to strengthen your point. First of all - do you really think a President is going to announce his plans for global domination in a televised interview? Second of all - do you really think buying an AR-15 is going to help in the face of a natural disaster or a currency upheaval? You should be stockpiling food, and learning skills. Thirdly, do you really think anybody here is actually disagreeing with you about the simple fact that a man should be prepared for the worst? Because that's the most ludicrous supposition of all.

Nobody is saying that a citizen should not be skeptical of his government. But there's a VAST difference between skepticism and fantasy. The inference that there is a global conspiracy wherein people of all creeds and colors come together to oppress the Freedom-loving, Bible-reading American is patently ludicrous. Yes, there is an overarching plan of the superrich to oppress people, but it's already in place.

If you believe it is in the interest of the people in power to trigger a geopolitical collapse with the intent to throw us into FEMA camps, and more disturbingly, that the Bible (a work of fiction, written by mortals) predicted the entire thing, you are a fool. That is all. The burden of proof does not fall on the skeptics, it falls on your shoulders as a believer in some "Absolute Truth" you've established in your own fantasy-ridden mind.

I know it's an awesome idea to think that you'll be the last holdout of a Free America, fighting government drones with an M4gery alongside your red-blooded compatriots. Believe me, I've had similar fantasies - standing up for what you believe in in a macho fantasy where you shoot faceless enemies to protect the ideals of the true American utopia. But the distinction is I know they're fantasies that I use to justify doing all the cool manly sh-it that we're doing. You don't need an excuse to buy a gun.

I have an awesome time preparing for disasters. Taking classes, shooting guns, learning to find potable water, figuring out methods of egress from a hostile overrun city, being able to take care of others who haven't taken the time to find out what to do if things go horribly wrong... They're all fun, validating experiences that one can both enrich oneself with and actually use to feel like a badass.

That's enough for the most of us. Obtaining second hand information that's been compiled by conspiracy theorists to justify said already-awesome activities is just delusion, pure and simple.

I don't know what your deal is, man... But I don't like it. At all.

Last edited by Inquirer; 10-14-2012 at 2:45 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 6:16 AM

^^^****ting all over this guy make you feel better?

This guy is no different than 94% of preppers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.

Last edited by SocomM4; 10-14-2012 at 6:18 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 7:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post
for $730 you would have been better off buying an M&P 15 Sport or a DPMS Oracle
or 7 mosin nagants.
Old 10-14-2012, 9:43 AM

I'm sorry to say this but a single AR15 and an 870 shotgun isn't going to save you against 100 or more trained killers. You will most likely be dead before you can reload your next magazine. Be realistic and prepare for stuff you can actually survive. If the government was out to push their all out "one world government" conspiracy, they would do it and you would lose. The government is too powerful.

Back then when our founding fathers stood up against the British it was a fair fight. Both sides were equally as armed. What are you going to do against drones, bombers, and tanks? Prepare yourself for home defense or some natural disaster instead of some conspiracy because I am sorry to say this but the chances of you surviving some sort of NWO scenario are pretty slim. The government is just too powerful for you to take on with a single rifle. Now if you simply plan on dying like a free man, well that's something else and completely possible.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

You really should have gotten an AK74 and 5k rounds of Russian Surplus for it. Take a couple carbine classes and practice. IF TSHTF there are going to be PLENTY of AR type rifles around if you're worried about NATO ammo and mag compatibility.

That's my $.02... And it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
Old 10-14-2012, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocomM4 View Post
^^^****ting all over this guy make you feel better?

This guy is no different than 94% of preppers.
Yeah, well, he should take it to some ridiculous SHTF forum. This one is getting overrun by this kind of crap.
Old 10-14-2012, 3:17 PM

Inquirer...OP started out with a legit question of feeding steel cases threw the rifle he bought. He didn't turn this to a SHTF thread. Others focusing on why he was worried about steel cases turned it in to this. You need to jump them for crapping on his thread, not the OP.
Old 10-14-2012, 4:15 PM

The only way to prepare for SHTF is to make lots of fat friends. They serve as great escape mechanisms when you're running from danger, and they're self transporting meat sources when you're not.

The trick is to not be the slowest in your group.

-W
Old 10-14-2012, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquirer View Post
Yeah, well, he should take it to some ridiculous SHTF forum. This one is getting overrun by this kind of crap.
Yeah, well , we're pretty well stocked on judgmental condescending posts as well.
Point being, whatever reason short of murder he has for joining the Ar club , I'm all for.
As should you be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.

Last edited by SocomM4; 10-14-2012 at 5:28 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 7:45 PM

Smile steel 223 ammo

Just got back today from wegc. I have a Del-Ton echo moe. I was nervouse about steel ammo too. But, i found some Tula ammo for 4 bucks a box. So what the heck. Shot about 150 rounds through it. Not one failure,,not even a hickup. Was a little dirtier, but I clean my weapon every time I shoot.. I say go for it. Keep the expensive stuff for shf time, but for plinking, no problem.
Old 10-14-2012, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisefordrene View Post
Just got back today from wegc. I have a Del-Ton echo moe. I was nervouse about steel ammo too. But, i found some Tula ammo for 4 bucks a box. So what the heck. Shot about 150 rounds through it. Not one failure,,not even a hickup. Was a little dirtier, but I clean my weapon every time I shoot.. I say go for it. Keep the expensive stuff for shf time, but for plinking, no problem.
That's the spirit! (You happened to pick a rather 'colorful' thread for your first post, LOL!)

Welcome to calguns.
Old 10-14-2012, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

8 pages? I guess I'll pad my Post count as well.
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 10-14-2012, 9:42 PM

i can count to potatoe
Old 10-15-2012, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquirer View Post
I'm sorry, but using a 30 second sound bite instead of a credible, verifiable, and most importantly CONTEXT-GROUNDED piece of evidence does absolutely nothing to strengthen your point. First of all - do you really think a President is going to announce his plans for global domination in a televised interview? Second of all - do you really think buying an AR-15 is going to help in the face of a natural disaster or a currency upheaval? You should be stockpiling food, and learning skills. Thirdly, do you really think anybody here is actually disagreeing with you about the simple fact that a man should be prepared for the worst? Because that's the most ludicrous supposition of all.

Nobody is saying that a citizen should not be skeptical of his government. But there's a VAST difference between skepticism and fantasy. The inference that there is a global conspiracy wherein people of all creeds and colors come together to oppress the Freedom-loving, Bible-reading American is patently ludicrous. Yes, there is an overarching plan of the superrich to oppress people, but it's already in place.

If you believe it is in the interest of the people in power to trigger a geopolitical collapse with the intent to throw us into FEMA camps, and more disturbingly, that the Bible (a work of fiction, written by mortals) predicted the entire thing, you are a fool. That is all. The burden of proof does not fall on the skeptics, it falls on your shoulders as a believer in some "Absolute Truth" you've established in your own fantasy-ridden mind.

I know it's an awesome idea to think that you'll be the last holdout of a Free America, fighting government drones with an M4gery alongside your red-blooded compatriots. Believe me, I've had similar fantasies - standing up for what you believe in in a macho fantasy where you shoot faceless enemies to protect the ideals of the true American utopia. But the distinction is I know they're fantasies that I use to justify doing all the cool manly sh-it that we're doing. You don't need an excuse to buy a gun.

I have an awesome time preparing for disasters. Taking classes, shooting guns, learning to find potable water, figuring out methods of egress from a hostile overrun city, being able to take care of others who haven't taken the time to find out what to do if things go horribly wrong... They're all fun, validating experiences that one can both enrich oneself with and actually use to feel like a badass.

That's enough for the most of us. Obtaining second hand information that's been compiled by conspiracy theorists to justify said already-awesome activities is just delusion, pure and simple.

I don't know what your deal is, man... But I don't like it. At all.

You say its not credible to use that soundbite. I say yes it is, within the context that I was using it. Bush says that the goal of the UN's founders was to set up a "New World Order." Doesn't get more clear than that.

Yes we should be skeptical of our government but to say what I have set before you is "fantasy" means that it is something that I want to take place. No I don't want those things to take place. This is not about me at all. I'm trying to warn people.

You say "The inference that there is a global conspiracy wherein people of all creeds and colors come together to oppress the Freedom-loving, Bible reading American is patently ludicrous." Well I do not think it is ludicrous because I can prove it. Also all throughout the bible it speaks of it. I believe the bible. You say "the Bible (a work of fiction, written by mortals)" I say "a book of truth written by men influenced by the Holy Spirit of God."

Well I'll give you a little bit of my background of why I believe the bible. Around 4 years ago I wasn't Christian and I was searching for "The Truth." I stumbled upon what is known as "New Age" teachings and philosophies. I started learning about the "third eye" and many other things. I was extremely fascinated by the "Occult." I began learning pagan meditation techniques and various other "occult" activities. I got into witchcraft which at the time I wasn't aware that was what it was, because it was veiled in the "New Age" term. Long story short I experienced MANY supernatural experiences that completely defied my understanding of physics and reality. I stayed in that for about a year while I was researching ancient "Mystery Schools" which stemmed from Babylon. I started studying secret societies because of their supposed vast knowledge of the "occult" and their secrecy. Toward the end I was contemplating joining the Freemasons secret society but never ended up doing it, thank God. I had met a Christian that explained biblically what I was doing was wrong and that I was actually doing "witchcraft." I then started studying these secret societies and found out their inner "Luciferian" doctrines. And at that point I realized what I had done. I repented to Jesus Christ and threw out all that I "thought" I knew and started fresh with the bible. I began studying the bible for 8-10 hours a day for about 3 months. And then in my living room I finally believed Jesus is God, died for my sins and rose on the third day. I believed it 100% and then at that moment I was filled with the most love I had ever felt in my entire life! I started to cry from joy because I couldn't contain it. I never knew what it was like to cry from pure joy until that moment. I realized at that moment Jesus Christ sent his Holy Spirit to live inside me which is his temple. Our body is the temple of God. I realized from that, that Jesus Christ is God. It was the most amazing experience of my entire life. That is a basic summery of my testimony.

I do believe that its in the "interest of the people in power to trigger a geopolitical collapse with the intent to throw us into FEMA camps" as you put it. Why you ask? Well first off these peoples "interest" are different than the average persons. These peoples interest is to kill, steal and destroy. From all of their writings they explain that the earth is "over populated" I'm sure you've heard the term "overpopulation."

And sense you want "credible, verifiable, and most importantly CONTEXT-GROUNDED pieces of evidence" here are some quotes from just SOME of these evil bastards which fall under the scientific name of eugenicist.

- Glayde Whitney, Reproduction Technology for a New Eugenics, paper for The Galton Institute conference Man and Society in the New Millennium, September 1999

"There is NO DENYING the natural world would be a better place without people – ALL people! Not a selective bunch. Get it straight."

-Rebecca Calisi, student of Eric Pianka

"In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it."

- Theodore Roosevelt to Charles B. Davenport,January 3, 1913, Charles B. Davenport Papers, Department of Genetics, Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.

"I wish very much that the wrong people could be prevented entirely from breeding; and when the evil nature of these people is sufficiently flagrant, this should be done. Criminals should be sterilized and feebleminded persons forbidden to leave offspring behind them… The emphasis should be laid on getting desirable people to breed…"

- Sir Julian Huxley, UNESCO: Its Purpose and Its Philosophy.

“I do not pretend that birth control is the only way in which population can be kept from increasing… War… has hitherto been disappointing in this respect, but perhaps bacteriological war may prove more effective. If a Black Death could be spread throughout the world once in every generation survivors could procreate freely without making the world too full… The state of affairs might be somewhat unpleasant, but what of that? Really high-minded people are indifferent to happiness, especially other people’s… There are three ways of securing a society that shall be stable as regards population. The first is that of birth control, the second that of infanticide or really destructive wars, and the third that of general misery except for a powerful minority…”

-MARGARET SANGER QUOTES, Founder of the Birth Control League (which later became Planned Parenthood)

"No woman shall have the legal right to bear a child… without a permit for parenthood."

- Margaret Sanger (founder of Planned Parenthood) in her proposed The American Baby Code, intended to become law.

"The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."

- Margaret Sanger (editor). The Woman Rebel, Volume I, Number 1. Reprinted in Woman and the New Race. New York: Brentanos Publishers, 1922.

"Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race."

- Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12.

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population.
and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

-Margaret Sanger’s December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255 Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton,Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon’s Woman’s Body, Woman’s Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.

"Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need … We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock."

- Margaret Sanger, April 1933 Birth Control Review.

"Eugenics is … the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems."

-Prince Philip

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

-Ted Turner founder of CNN

"A 95 percent decline from present [population] levels would be ideal"

I believe God has called me to be a "Watchmen." Which is a biblical term used for someone that would watch on the wall of a city for an approaching army. If the Watchmen saw the enemy approaching it was his duty to warn the people and to wake up the defenses if they were sleeping so they would not be slaughtered. The bible says if I see the sword coming upon the land then I must warn the people. In the bible God says that if I don't warn and the people die because of it then their blood he will require at my hand. I believe I'm doing what I'm called to do. The bible warns of a world government in the end times. The nations will be gathered together and there will be a world government and then it will get handed to the "Antichrist." That is the full agenda of these people. To create a world government so they can hand it over to the Antichrist. Then the Antichrist will get the majority of humanity into worshiping him as God.

Last edited by AbsoluteTruth; 10-15-2012 at 3:54 AM..