Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:02 PM

Default Purchasing Off Roster Firearms while in Service

I read the sticky but it seems to be catered more to out of state service members that are stationed in California. I was a California resident but then joined and was stationed in other states where I bought a few firearms that are off roster. Now that my contract is up and I am moving back, do I need to pay the 19 bucks and register them? I've always filed taxes as a California resident and maintained my drivers license. Do I just ensure long guns are featureless and all firearms have <10 round mags and call it good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla gorilla View Post
It is ok you don't need friends you have calguns
Old 02-24-2017, 1:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsTCP View Post
I read the sticky but it seems to be catered more to out of state service members that are stationed in California. I was a California resident but then joined and was stationed in other states where I bought a few firearms that are off roster. Now that my contract is up and I am moving back, do I need to pay the 19 bucks and register them? I've always filed taxes as a California resident and maintained my drivers license. Do I just ensure long guns are featureless and all firearms have <10 round mags and call it good?
No.

You're confusing the "Personal Firearm Importer" process contained in Penal Code section 27560 with the out of state acquisition process contained in section 27585. They're not the same.

You kept your California residency (as California defines the term) while on active duty.

The DOJ report and $19.00 fee only applies to new residents, which you are not.

You need to follow the PC 27585 process.
Old 02-25-2017, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
No.

You're confusing the "Personal Firearm Importer" process contained in Penal Code section 27560 with the out of state acquisition process contained in section 27585. They're not the same.

You kept your California residency (as California defines the term) while on active duty.

The DOJ report and $19.00 fee only applies to new residents, which you are not.

You need to follow the PC 27585 process.
As a SELLER is an Active Duty military member required to show orders to SELL a pistol to a California resident in a PPT? Got turned down at an FFL today. Another FFL wanted prof of residency. People need to get their **** together.
Old 02-25-2017, 7:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapchop7 View Post
As a SELLER is an Active Duty military member required to show orders to SELL a pistol to a California resident in a PPT? Got turned down at an FFL today. Another FFL wanted prof of residency. People need to get their **** together.
If you are active duty military, stationed in California on PCS orders, then those orders are proof of residency.