Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 09-24-2012, 9:32 AM

Kinda like Iraqi Army and Iraqi Police that killed our own people. I don't think people really hear how often that stuff goes on because counters what people want to hear. Spent a lot of time pulling IED schrapnel and bullets out of our people at the FRSS on my first deployment. They were our U.S. forces that were victims of the so called Iraqi police and military force we put into place.
On my second sandbox deployment 5 years later, they had one of those relabeled Iraqi Army terrorists giving us some speech in formation and I refused to salute him. I'm looking around at these people in formation, 90% of them hadnt deployed there yet and certainly werent around to see what the "friendly" Iraqi Army and Iraqi Police did to our people again and again. How quickly people forget.
I remember the first time I was there, they werent trusted anymore than the POW's were. The second time I went everyone was holding hands in lala land thinking the mother****ers could be trusted. Things like what happened in this article are why, even though in the spirit of the mission it is good to be on civil terms, it is a deadly mistake to to truely trust them when they are in your house.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
No, too high tech for these 'people'.
Bring back decimation.
Take a village and have them line up along a road, every man woman and child.
Then kill every tenth 'person'. Let the villagers clean up and then just leave.
If there is another attack, do it again.

These 'people' do not hold the same things to be true that we do. They only understand strength.
We are either going to be stronger, and demonstrate it, or we will be seen as weak and ripe for attacking.

I personally volunteer for one of the decimation squads. Im feelin glassy black HMMWV's...
That sounds like Nazi Germany to me.

Besides, it would do no good. There may be divisions within the Afghan people, but they are united against one thing: outsiders.

Best just to leave them alone. And definitely stop training them and supplying them with arms. It seems the US hasn't learned this lesson, we keep training and arming nations and eventually they turn on us.
Old 09-24-2012, 1:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfearl View Post
I am currently on Camp Leatherneck. I was on watch when that whole fiasco went down. I was watching Helo shooting those bad guys via drones and whatnot. Pretty crazy night.
I'm here on Camp Leatherneck too and I also watched the entire thing unfold. It was crazy!!! I was up on a tower and had a good "birds-eye view" of everything.

RIP to those that lost their life that night.... well, not the terrorist!
Old 09-24-2012, 3:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappy View Post
I'm here on Camp Leatherneck too and I also watched the entire thing unfold. It was crazy!!! I was up on a tower and had a good "birds-eye view" of everything.

RIP to those that lost their life that night.... well, not the terrorist!
Were you not allowed to shoot? Tj said the birds were doing all the shooting so I'm curious if they told you guys to just hang tight?
Old 09-24-2012, 3:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah, Im hearing from several eyewitnesses/participants that the guys on the ground either werent allowed to engage and/or ran and hid for cover, whats the deal?
Old 09-24-2012, 3:52 PM

From what my squadronmates have said, The LtCol grabbed the XO, jumped in a vehicle and headed for the hangar (usually a clamshell cloth hangar))

The Commanding Officer formed up the Marines who were on night crew and organized teams to react. The CO and Sgt Atwell (Marine Aviation Logistics Sergeant) were caught in some type of explosion and that's what killed them.

The Marines returned fire (from what i'm being told) and basically "herded" the insurgents away from the hangar, where they were lit up by Close Air Support. CAS would have been hueys, cobras and UAVs.

THIS is why i'm uneasy around those people. I spent a year in Bagram Afgh, and a few months in Al Asad, Iraq, and i never trusted them. Rightfully so, it seems.
Old 09-24-2012, 3:55 PM

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/battl...W1jI4.facebook

Official Statement from the Public Affairs Officer
Old 09-26-2012, 2:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Were you not allowed to shoot? Tj said the birds were doing all the shooting so I'm curious if they told you guys to just hang tight?
I am no longer active duty.... I'm a contractor. It states in my contract that I am not allowed to have a weapon. It really sucks!! That's tough knowing that there is fighting going on within eyesight and not being able to go help and assist!

I was briefed last night by one of the forensics people here about what happened and how it went down. I will not discuss what happened because the investigation is still ongoing.
Old 09-26-2012, 3:17 AM

Fox news had a video released by the Taliban showing the planning and whatnot.

NRA Life Member...Are you?!?!

Can't wait to be DEEP SEA!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson 1787

Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
I am no longer active duty.... I'm a contractor. It states in my contract that I am not allowed to have a weapon. It really sucks!! That's tough knowing that there is fighting going on within eyesight and not being able to go help and assist!

I was briefed last night by one of the forensics people here about what happened and how it went down. I will not discuss what happened because the investigation is still ongoing.
Yeah its sad when your life isnt worth the Corporate insurance payment to these companies. Every time I look down on my LOA and see that weapons authorized block I get kinda pissed. If my company finds out you even touched a weapon its immediate termination. But they will damn well send you to some sketchy *** places.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
And definitely stop training them and supplying them with arms. It seems the US hasn't learned this lesson, we keep training and arming nations and eventually they turn on us.
Didn't it start that way with helping them with the Russians
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
Didn't it start that way with helping them with the Russians
The population doesn't think about this. They only think about the "feel good" aspects of going to third world countries.

If we went to a fully "declared" war, even if we decimated the country and won the war, we'd end up paying the opposition for the "damage we caused." Because that's how our people think now.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:

Wow that sucks man. Kudos to you, I don't know if I could do that. Stay safe brother.
Old 09-30-2012, 5:23 AM

The locals do our laundry at the base im at. It is done on base but if you dont Itemize and turn it in as bulk, if something is missing its on you. Whether is be a uniform or pt shirt/shorts its your problem.

People look at me funny (counting all my dirty/stinky laundry) when I itemize but I get everything back or I could file a claim and have a papertrail to be reimbursed and turn over to OSI if uniforms suddenly went MIA.
Old 09-30-2012, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanksbeamen View Post
The locals do our laundry at the base im at. It is done on base but if you dont Itemize and turn it in as bulk, if something is missing its on you. Whether is be a uniform or pt shirt/shorts its your problem.

People look at me funny (counting all my dirty/stinky laundry) when I itemize but I get everything back or I could file a claim and have a papertrail to be reimbursed and turn over to OSI if uniforms suddenly went MIA.
Bagram 2002-2003, we had locals working in our chowhall. One night i was given the night off but told to still show up for PT in the morning.

Went to dinner with the day crew guys, had pizza, burgers and chicken wings. Every single person who had the burgers was at sick call for vomiting/diarrhea. It was later found that the locals had introduced strychnine into our food, but it was only enough to incapacitate and not enough to kill.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sound similar to the Japanese internment camp?
How to you engage the locals then?
This is more of a religious war to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'd also limit them to non security roles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
No, too high tech for these 'people'.
Bring back decimation.
Take a village and have them line up along a road, every man woman and child.
Then kill every tenth 'person'. Let the villagers clean up and then just leave.
If there is another attack, do it again.

These 'people' do not hold the same things to be true that we do. They only understand strength.
We are either going to be stronger, and demonstrate it, or we will be seen as weak and ripe for attacking.

I personally volunteer for one of the decimation squads. Im feelin glassy black HMMWV's...
Isn't that what the Nazi's did.............
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM

If these people won't help themselves it's time to leave.....
Old 10-01-2012, 1:31 AM

I flew out from that same airfield 30 min before the attack. Crazy to think about it now that im home.