Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

good point, kerplow.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buy a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 09-09-2012, 4:46 AM

The first time I shot a pistol I was pretty good it was a glock 45. Then Later I shot my husbands Springfield 45 and was also good. Then for some reason for my first gun I got a 9 mm because that's what guys recommended. Big mistake. I wasn't very good with it and it just seemed too small. I guess I just like the bigger caliber guns and wanted a bigger bang for my buck. Needless to say I sold that thing quick and got a 45. I love it and am good with it too. Since then I've bought another 45, an sks, 3 12 gauges (all mossburg) , 45 long colt, 308 mossburg too...etc. The point I am getting like lots of others have said is that once you find what fits, you can get quite accurate.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Or is the only factor that counts its fit and feel to the exclusion of all others?
I chose a gun that fit my hands and was a caliber that I knew I comfortable with. It's a Bulgarian Makarov, which is not sexy and does not have an "Ohhhhh" factor. But, it's accurate, easy to care for and fits my hands like it was made for me.
Old 09-18-2012, 7:03 PM

My husband and I teach with Project Appleseed. We have both noticed that the women shooters in most cases tend to listen, ask questions and most importantly follow directions to the best of their ability. New men shooters listen and follow directions but rarely ask questions if they are not sure, I guess to not appear like a newb to other guys... I have to admit it took me a while and some frustration to begin shooting well, and i'll not out shoot my hubby, but i do out shoot others. I think we ladies take back what we learn at a class and use it, not just go back to the way we used to do it....

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-19-2012, 1:58 AM

It's because we aren't showing off to impress our spouse.
Old 09-19-2012, 7:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Honestly I think because women listen better and are softer with their hands, like can control it more then men. I've taken hughe youth groups to play paintball and airsoft and I kid you not, of the 4 times I've taken them, all girl team won 3 tournaments.

They are all novice and the girls did great because they listen to the coaches. The guys had a "ego" where they think they can go Rambo and win.

Anyways, my sisters (3 of them) and my wife can out shoot a lot of my friends. I'm proud of them.
Old 09-19-2012, 8:52 AM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

re the hands: is it that women can sense better through their hands and therefore understand the instructions re trigger pull, etc?

curious and perhaps something i can use myself when practicing.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buy a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 09-19-2012, 9:49 AM

It's all very simple. Women, have you ever pee'd on the seat? No? Me either. But I have seen many men pee on the seat and if they can't hit the water from 3ft, well then there is your answer...
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 PM

I think 3 feet is generous, maybe overly generous......

Back to topic: I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact the more boys play video games than girls, from childhood on? Wondering if video shoot-em-ups don't embed bad habits? Someone else comment? (I have no sons and am guessing).
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-19-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
It's all very simple. Women, have you ever pee'd on the seat? No? Me either. But I have seen many men pee on the seat and if they can't hit the water from 3ft, well then there is your answer...
We're too busy admiring the 'weapon' to take good aim!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM

LMAO Does anyone remember the old Nintendo Duck Hunt? I HATED that game and sometimes I would hit the screen with the gun. My sister laughs and says "So are you going to hit the perpetrator with your gun is you miss him?" LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM

I always thought that's what men said just to talk their women into shooting. LOL.
‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ ~ Jefferson

www.looserounds.com
www.facebook.com/kittycatkimchi
Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
I taught my boyfriend to shoot skeet/trap not long ago and he did very well.

His posture was terrible but once he addressed that, he was doing extremely well.

That said, one thing I would like to point out. Is that of all the men I've taught to shoot, they haven't seemed to be far behind the women on average for shots on target. If not too close to call. I've also taught way more men than women too so my sample set isn't too big.

But at the same time, they were being taught by a girl and didn't have to prove their 'manliness' and they all listened extremely well to suggestions and tips. I really think that's the key.
I think that helped a lot.
I think you will find that any guy who is willing to be taught to shoot by a female instructor has rock solid confidence in his own masculinity to start with.
Old 09-22-2012, 2:05 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't think I'd say women are better shots than men, or that men or better shots than women. In my experience, it's usually easier to teach women (and they usually take to it faster) than it is men. Women don't have that macho BS complex that some males that are new to shooting seem to have.

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.