Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 10-23-2016, 12:36 AM

Default Heads up! My employer is eyeing a very sizable ramp up for tech jobs in DFW.

My employer is engaged in negotiations for a contract to build/maintain a nationwide first responder cellular/optical network as a member of an industry consortium. I don't want to name names or get too specific just yet, as I'm not 100% sure what the legal/PR people have released for public disclosure, and don't want to let slip insider info that's not cleared yet.

What this means, if the consortium gets the contract (very likely is what I've heard, for what it's worth), is that our group (inside network management and inside remote technical support for optical, microwave and cellular backhaul and fronthaul infrastructure) will grow from approximately 30 people to somewhere between 200-300 in the course of a year or so. We plan to do so organically, i.e. hire a batch, get them trained, let them settle in and acclimate, then lather, rinse, repeat until we're staffed to where we need to be.

What does this mean to y'all? Simple: if you've got a background in telephony, data networking, IT, computer security, microwave, cellular or the like, chances are you've got the right background to fit the needs of the positions. Mega bonus if you've worked in long haul optical transport and are familiar with DWDM, SONET and Connection Oriented Ethernet, and have a Metro Ethernet Forum certification or any form of Juniper certification. Prior military service is also very desirable.

We invest heavily in initial training and continued technical growth, so if you've got a technical background in electronics/telecomm, but not in optical networking, don't count yourself out. I was in that exact situation, and they hired me, and I spent the first 5 months on the job either in equipment training classes or in the lab working with the tier 2 engineers learning the ropes. The technologies we support are pretty specific, and it's common for us and our competitors to have to train people on it since there are so few people with that background.

If you've worked in a central office, NOC or as a field technician at a telco or cellular carrier, we want to talk to you.
If you're separating from military service and worked on comm gear or avionics or some other technical specialty, we want to talk to you.
If you've worked in IT desktop support or in the server cages, or know routers, switches, bridges, load balancers, etcetera, we want to talk to you.
If you've worked in a technical field that has bits and pieces of any of the above, we want to talk to you.
If you're busting your hump to get technical certs, and are willing to learn on the fly and give your best effort to learn the job and do it to the best of your ability...
We want to talk to you!

Also, there's the added bonus that 1/2 or more of the TSEs are enthusiastic
practitioners of their 2nd Amendment rights, and into the shooting sports,
hunting and so on. We are located in Texas, after all.

I know the question on everyone's mind is "That's cool, but how much does it pay?", and that really depends on your skills set, experience in the field and a number of other factors such that I couldn't give you anything resembling an accurate answer. You'd need to discuss that with the manager interviewing you if they decide to move on your application. I can say that it's generally at/above the $60K mark, again, depending on your specific skills, etc.

If you're interested, please *EMAIL* me with your contact info, and a Microsoft Word formatted resume so I can forward it to my manager.

Full disclosure: We do refer applicants to one of several staffing agencies for an initial 6 month period as a contractor, then bring you on full time, assuming your performance is satisfactory. Also, I do get a monetary incentive for each person who hires on full time.

So what are you doing still sitting here? Get cracking and get those resumes to me!

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Old 10-23-2016, 8:52 PM

Sunday bump.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Old 11-06-2016, 6:06 PM

Interested, can you PM me your email please? Thanks
Old 11-07-2016, 1:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My guess you are talking about this

http://www.firstnet.gov/