Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 08-30-2012, 3:33 PM

Default Saw this today and it infuriated me.

So this was linked on my FB wall this morning and the lady's got a point. The statements made in the articles she linked are infuriating to no end.

http://rebeccaguns.com/2012/07/27/wo...exual-assault/

In short, apparently we need to educate ourselves to be overly paranoid and not wear our hair certain ways, never ever ever go anywhere alone, stare people down that are making drinks and stay inside at night. Because rape is one of things you can't prevent.

These articles this woman linked even went so far as to insinuating that people would not believe us and just go on about "Why bother learning to defend yourself? Itís not going to work and everyone is going to think you are a lying, boozing slut anyway."

I think this article is a good read, myself. She's calling out the vast majority of stupid ignorance that people are trying to get us to believe, that women don't need guns, they won't help in any cases of sexual assault, and that we should just close our eyes and wait for it to be over.

Yeah, I think not. I'd rather take the chance of preventing it. If he's armed, there's a chance he's going to shoot you anyways, I'd rather risk it and defend myself first. If I'm going down, I want to go down fighting.

Screw stupid people. It's infuriating that apparently women are supposed to just sit back and be victims. Gah.

Off to read something that infuriates me less. Maybe. I get angry when men tell me what I should need or want, and this woman makes me proud that at least SOMEONE isn't agreeing with them for a change.
Old 08-30-2012, 4:18 PM
CGN Contributor

Education is certainly a part of it, but me being allowed to carry a gun ought to be, too. Don't get rid of one because you have the other.
Old 08-30-2012, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
Education is certainly a part of it, but me being allowed to carry a gun ought to be, too. Don't get rid of one because you have the other.
Exactly.

Just listening to that poor woman rant on about how stupid people can be in the assumption that guns won't fix it infuriated me.

No, it won't "fix" it. NOTHING will "fix" it. If I could fix stupidity, foolishness, and every other negative flaw in humanity to "fix" this, I'd be God. I'm not, so I need to work with the tools provided.

Firearms just happen to be a tool available to Americans.

And I still believe women have greater push in the "self defense" area simply because of the stereotype that we're weak targets. Not to say that men don't have this as merit, but I'll tell you, I would think twice of trying to rip off or attack some big burly man that looks like he could bench press an F350.

Also read an article that's kinda old yesterday about Pink Pistols - arming gays. Was an interesting read, especially considering that they're also often a target for harassment and such.

I hate humanity sometimes.
Old 08-31-2012, 1:09 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakiri View Post
I would think twice of trying to rip off or attack some big burly man that looks like he could bench press an F350.
To lighten the mood a little bit...

If you happen to see a big burly man that looks like he could bench press an F350, send him my way. I like men with muscles, especially if they like guns.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
To lighten the mood a little bit...

If you happen to see a big burly man that looks like he could bench press an F350, send him my way. I like men with muscles, especially if they like guns.
Lol!