Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 08-26-2012, 3:07 PM

Default SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic 08/26/12 level I

Hello Shooters, We had a very productive day at the clinic today with two returning shooters and seven first time attendees. We started with all the basics of gun fit, mount, and stance and then worked on the techniques needed to break birds. Everyone picked up pretty quickly on what we were asking them to do and now you guys need to remember "one step at a time", don't blend your set up together.

Not only did we shoot some doubles, we had all the shooters shoot sustained leads,as well as, come from behind shots. That was a first for the clinic. All in all, it was another great clinic and Coach and I would like to thank everyone for attending and putting in the effort to listen and learn. Thanks guys.

It was good to see Sigmarine back up north from down in San Diego with a couple of friends and back also from a little forced layoff from shooting, and shooting well to boot right from the start. Lastly, everybody keep up the good work and don't wait too long between clinics if you want to continue to improve.

Shooters

Williexcited
Sigmarine
Sigmarne (Friend)
RomPirate
Dvsdev
Desdev (Friend)
Hillbilly
Hillbilly (Friend)
Mydogsmonkey
Old 08-26-2012, 4:42 PM

I posted this in the other thread, but it bares repeating here for those who may miss the other one:

"Man guys that was an awesome Level 1 clinic today. Can't wait for the next one. I have been shooting (incorrectly) for years, and wondering why the birds, both clay and live, keep escaping me. Today I found out why. I recommend this class to anyone. It is very much worth it. My appreciation to everyone working hard to put them on."

Really...you owe it to yourself to do this if you have any interest in shotgunnimg sports and hunting. It is a huge value for a great class. I plan to continue them often.
Old 08-26-2012, 6:51 PM
Veteran Member

the clinic was great. learned tons and definitely going back. i know understand the game a bit and am confident in the chance that i might actually break the clays. thanks Don and Richard!
Old 08-26-2012, 7:27 PM

"Outstanding Job" to the shooters today!

Richard, thanks for the welcome back and kind words. Another great class with all shooter's showing great progress using the information and techniques you and coach teach. Also, thank you guys for the introduction to the come-from-behind shot which will help when we don't get a good visual on the bird coming out of the house. It showed us that there's no need to panic or rush because there's still plenty of time to catch up with the bird and use this technique to make the shot.

Looking forward to next week...Sig Marine
Old 08-26-2012, 7:32 PM

Hey guys, what a great day!

Here are the pics my brother took. If you need the slightly higher res picture(s), let me know and I'll email them to you

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...uns_8_26_2012/
Old 08-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

thanks for the pics!
Old 08-27-2012, 1:19 PM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Glad everyone had fun!! I miss going out with you guys.