Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 08-19-2012, 1:53 PM

Default Women's Forum

I know it's a mans world, I'm realistic... But I can still yell and stomp my feet! ... In the ladies forum.

Last edited by OliveCookieMonsta; 08-19-2012 at 3:03 PM..
Old 08-19-2012, 7:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Keep it down, I'm picking my nose and eating it

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.

Last edited by rkt88edmo; 08-19-2012 at 9:14 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveCookieMonsta View Post
I know it's a mans world, I'm realistic... But I can still yell and stomp my feet! ... In the ladies forum.
Right, but remember we have husband ears, mine works a lot like my shooting ears, I can selectively tune out the correct frequencies of speech so all I hear is white noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
Cleveland (from Family Guy/Cleveland Show) :"That's just nasty."
Old 08-22-2012, 2:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 08-22-2012, 2:40 PM
Veteran Member

OliveCookieMonsta, I saw your initial post before your edit. Don't remember what you posted (a complaint?). But did you edit your thought in reaction to what some guys wrote?

"Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
They've need to show that they can think at all;
Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden
Old 08-22-2012, 4:32 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

masameet, that's all we need: a Ladies Forum that alienates women....all because the guys can't contain themselves.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buy a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 08-22-2012, 4:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LdyApxr View Post
I noticed this in another thread. A guy was saying that all we women need to do is alert the mod with the little upside-down triangular mod alert and I was wondering "Why do the women have to be the ones to tell the men to behave themselves?" Why can't a man see the rudeness and report it instead of just dogpiling?
Because that's the same way that anyone on this forum reports something they found to be offensive to the moderators? I'm not going to be able to guess everything that might be offensive to asian people and report it, and I wouldn't expect everyone to guess what might be offensive to black people and report it. If you don't like something, there's a mechanism to alert the moderators to it. Pretty simple really. Your post makes it sound as if I mentioned that as some sort of "button for ladies to click" or something.

edit: It's actually the same button that Kestryll told you to hit. The mods are people, with 8 million something posts, they can't be expected to read everything and everyone on this forum needs to point out issues to them. The report post button is how you do that.

Last edited by Merc1138; 08-22-2012 at 4:48 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 4:53 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
I noticed this in another thread. A guy was saying that all we women need to do is alert the mod with the little upside-down triangular mod alert and I was wondering "Why do the women have to be the ones to tell the men to behave themselves?" Why can't a man see the rudeness and report it instead of just dogpiling?
Maybe that was me.

Once again, you have inflated the issue. You can indeed alert a mod, and if you have an instance, or definition of dogpiling, post it.

If the female forum is going to be run by thin skinned misandrists, fine. Just figure out a way to keep it from the top of the new posts page.
Old 08-22-2012, 5:01 PM
Veteran Member

Why is it that we can't be supportive of women in the shooting sports?

This is their "general discussion" forum not The general "Off Topic" Forum.

Trying to use big words to call the ladies "Man haters" is out of line.
Old 08-22-2012, 5:06 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Who isn't? I have taught a lot of women to shoot. Some stuck with it, some have CCW's, some freaked out..........just like the men.

The difference between the average person and the persons who want to run the female forum is obvious.

To me, anyway.
Old 08-22-2012, 5:14 PM
9mm>.40
CGN Contributor

If its an issue why doesn't kes just grant access to that section to women only? No different then the man forum no one is supposed to know about...

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 08-22-2012, 5:45 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

monk, i know about it and was invited in by a now banned member. i've ventured in and read a bit. however, i've never posted there because i know it would be inappropriate and/or not appreciated.... i approve of that forum because it allows a lot of play w/o giving a bad image of gunowners to the public at large. however, my understanding is the same as Barbarossa's: the Ladies Forum as it stand now is our OT where we don't have to run the male humor gauntlet or put up with sexist comments, etc. if we participate in OT we pretty much know what we're getting into but will still call out certain things as not OK. also, there are men that post appropriately in the Ladies Forum and without OT attitude. they contribute rather than impose.

Mr K created the forum, set the rules and runs the forum.
any disagreement with Mr K and how he has set up and runs the Ladies Forum should be brought to his attention.

Ldy, some men do report things, more than one might think.

question: did anyone besides masameet read the original post?

the way i read the post as it sits right now is that Olive was celebrating being able to retreat to the Ladies Forum and away from that man's world....only to be greeted by a snot eater. Wash's post was akin to "shut up and go make a sandwich for me" just worded differently but meaning the same thing. some men think its funny; most women do not. i expect to see it in OT, i do not expect to see it here.

Barbarossa, i think men can be supportive of women in shooting sports. your post is proof of that.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buy a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 08-22-2012, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
however, my understanding is the same as Barbarossa's: the Ladies Forum as it stand now is our OT where we don't have to run the male humor gauntlet or put up with sexist comments, etc. if we participate in OT we pretty much know what we're getting into but will still call out certain things as not OK. also, there are men that post appropriately in the Ladies Forum and without OT attitude. they contribute rather than impose.
Same here.

Quote:
question: did anyone besides masameet read the original post?

the way i read the post as it sits right now is that Olive was celebrating being able to retreat to the Ladies Forum and away from that man's world....only to be greeted by a snot eater. Wash's post was akin to "shut up and go make a sandwich for me" just worded differently but meaning the same thing. some men think its funny; most women do not. i expect to see it in OT, i do not expect to see it here.
Again, I agree.

Quote:
Barbarossa, i think men can be supportive of women in shooting sports. your post is proof of that.
I consider myself lucky that I have a husband and friends that are very supportive of women shooting. (Almost all of the GFs and wives shoot). But, God bless the woman that comes onto this forum without knowing a soul because some areas are not very friendly to women.
Old 08-22-2012, 6:08 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRazz View Post
...............But, God bless the woman that comes onto this forum without knowing a soul because some areas are not very friendly to women.
amen, MrsRazz, amen.

Gun Control:
Old 08-22-2012, 6:14 PM
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
Just figure out a way to keep it from the top of the new posts page.
You're in luck! There is a very simple way to view the new posts of only the fora you're interested in.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ew&exclude=153

Bookmark the above and you won't be compelled to view posts from the Ladies Forum, but will be able to see all the other new posts. You can append any other forum you don't like by adding a comma and the number of the forum (which appears in the link when you mouseover the forum name in the index.)
Old 08-22-2012, 6:22 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

8bit, your post should be a stickie!

Gun Control:
Old 08-23-2012, 1:27 AM

Good Grief ! Yet another thread about men being ugly in the Ladie's Forum ! How many words of one syllable does it take ?

Just don't !
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-23-2012, 7:46 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Good Grief ! Yet another thread about men being ugly in the Ladie's Forum ! How many words of one syllable does it take ?

Just don't !

QFT.

Gun Control:
Old 08-28-2012, 9:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
I would hope that every one would have known that my original post before it was edited was said purely in jest.

As for picking my nose, guilty as charged but then it's target practice time, not eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Old 08-28-2012, 9:53 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Why can't a man see the rudeness and report it instead of just dogpiling?
Because when most men on the Internet start leg humping, only tossing a bucket of water on them will break their concentration.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oh Oh!!! I learned a new word today: misandrists

Hmm... nevermind, I think I like feminazi better. I'll stick with that, it suits me better.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So far, in my limited recent experience, reporting a post does diddly and squat. Not sure why I bothered to think it would.
Seriously reconsidering sticking around here, which is sad. When it's good, it's great. When it's not... well...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
學者, 羇客, 神戰士

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

This is their "general discussion" forum not The general "Off Topic" Forum.

Trying to use big words to call the ladies "Man haters" is out of line.
*facepalm*

It is because of the nonchalant attitudes like some of the responses in this thread (not you Barbarossa, I happen to agree with your stance) that we have such a hard time to invite females to join the forums.

As merc1138 has admitted, there are only a handful of mods (who are volunteers patrolling on their own time), and they can't respond to all requests in a timely manner. Which makes it even more critical that we monitor and behave ourselves.

While this is a privately owned forum, it is de facto publicly accessible. Anything and everything posted here are for all intents and purposes viewable by everyone on the internet. Until this sinks in, the knuckleheads will continue to help perpetuate the misogyny that stymies the effort towards making CGN a family friendly community.

If you are a guy reading this. . . seriously, for the love of all that is proper and just, take heed and think before you ruin the reputation for the rest of us other men by posting something misogynistic.

Last edited by Dark Paladin; 08-30-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 08-30-2012, 9:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
So far, in my limited recent experience, reporting a post does diddly and squat. Not sure why I bothered to think it would.
Seriously reconsidering sticking around here, which is sad. When it's good, it's great. When it's not... well...
I totally understand what you mean. Although I'm not going to leave and I urge you not to as well. We need vocal strong women to be here and the fact that you are here says that you are both these things.

All of my interests and even my career are in extremely male dominated areas (I'm one of two females in my field where I work which is over 1600 people) so I'm used to the ignorance and often take pride in cutting them down to size by calling them out for their ignorance. It does thicken your skin but at the same time, you shouldn't have to stand for any discrimination or blatant misogynistic statements.

While males are not necessarily dominating shooting sports anymore (looking at stats for female gun owners and female shooters) we are not a vocal majority by far.
And when you get a bunch of boys together, it tends to often turn into an e-peen contest... because they get to hide behind their glowy little screens.This is not an excuse by any means. But it does explain a lot.

It's funny because I get a lot of 'bro' and 'man' when I'm on the forums. In fact, in organizing the Addax lower group buy, I would say that at least a dozen have referred to me as man or bro in the last week.
I don't correct them because it's funny to me. One day they'll read a forum post like this and then hopefully feel silly because of their ASSumptions that all active members are men and not a 5'5" chick that started shooting competitively at age 12.

Forums bring out the worst in boys (and I say 'boys' intentionally... anyone making these comments are clearly not men and most likely less manly than even the most feminine women here).
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 08-30-2012, 9:37 PM
(╯o)╯︵ ┻━┻
CGN Contributor

You guys, men, need to stop making trouble in here. :screwy:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-02-2012, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitnintendo View Post
You're in luck! There is a very simple way to view the new posts of only the fora you're interested in.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ew&exclude=153

Bookmark the above and you won't be compelled to view posts from the Ladies Forum, but will be able to see all the other new posts. You can append any other forum you don't like by adding a comma and the number of the forum (which appears in the link when you mouseover the forum name in the index.)
Yayy! Stickie time !
Old 09-02-2012, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
Raven, the point of reporting a post is that it DELETES it from a thread, not that it punishes the poster.

Getting rid of dreck, hateing, racism is a public service.

For instance, I reacted strongly to certain pictures, and objected. They are now thoroughly gone, thank god and Kestryl.
Old 09-02-2012, 3:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Uh, some of us do.
Old 09-02-2012, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
masameet, that's all we need: a Ladies Forum that alienates women....all because the guys can't contain themselves.
Wait what? Sitting on property working on reloading, or on me guns is alienating????

Wheres my antennae?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

translate please.....been a long day onequickshift and been playing Gears of War so my mind isn't fathoming your writing....

Gun Control:
Old 09-02-2012, 11:26 PM

OP,

What did James Brown say in the 70's?

" It's a man's world, a man's world. But it wouldn't be nothin', nothin' without a woman or a girl ".