Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 08-15-2012, 3:25 PM

Default I Have a Couple Questions.

I can't really make out some of the Prohibiting Categories on the DOJ website to own a firearm here in California, Will a Misdemeanor of PC 12020 (A) (1) Poss/Sale of Nunchaku prevent me from owning a firearm in California.

Also my 2nd Question is, What do you guys think about the RIA 1911, is it a good buy for the price, it will be my first 1911 and I basically just want to start out simple and maybe later upgrade to something nicer.

Last edited by Gun_Owner_901; 08-15-2012 at 3:51 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 4:01 PM
Calguns Addict

The RIA is a great gun for the price.

If you don't know if you can own or buy a gun fill out this form and let the state tell you.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd...s/pfecapp.pdf?

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Old 08-15-2012, 4:16 PM

Ok thanks, I have another question, I have never failed a DROS before but I haven't bought a firearm in over 2 years now but if I were to go into my local dealer and attempt to buy a firearm and the DROS were to fail, what happens then, do I my money back, or do the police get involved at that point, can I be arrested for failing a DROS. thanks again for helping me out here.
Old 08-15-2012, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Owner_901 View Post
Ok thanks, I have another question, I have never failed a DROS before but I haven't bought a firearm in over 2 years now but if I were to go into my local dealer and attempt to buy a firearm and the DROS were to fail, what happens then, do I my money back, or do the police get involved at that point, can I be arrested for failing a DROS. thanks again for helping me out here.
Actually, we've traced your IP address....just stay there, we'll be right over...
Old 08-15-2012, 5:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Owner_901 View Post
I dont think you can be arrested if your deneid cus you havent broke any laws and if you fail dros you will get your money back minus dros fees and maybe a restocking fee of 10-20% or more depends on the store

so I would just fill out the form providded in the link and spend 19$ instead of 59 + $ being denied at the dros

also the RIA 1911 is good for the price
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 08-15-2012, 5:24 PM

lol Thanks a Bunch guys, You've been very helpful, feel free to lock or close this thread.