Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 11-10-2017, 8:46 PM

Default Colt Cadet 22? Or Colt 22 does anyone own one

Bout to buy a colt cadet for my 11yr old son to join me at the ranges and play battleship and grouping games at home... Does anyone have any experience with these guns how do they like to be ran wet dryer? ammo preference or any bulk any issues to keep an out for .....i know every gun is different but i also know there has only been a low number of round through it so id like to break it in properly and especially with the right ammo.. any help would be greatly appreciated!! Im new to the cal gun community and guns in general this is my first real year of hands on experience but everyone here has been awesome and informative so i figured id throw up a thread thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2017, 5:22 AM
Veteran Member

Put the coffee on.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...rchid=23107642
Old 11-11-2017, 5:42 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Had one with a longer barrel, full length rail and a red dot mounted. Regret selling it. Great shooter.

Never ran it wet. Put any type of ammo in it, but the better the quality the better it shoots. You wont be dissapointed with cheap bulk ammo tho.
Old 11-11-2017, 7:04 PM

Default thanks

thanks the few videos and threads about them are all positive and seem to be very accurate and nice pistol just wondering if there are any upgrades i can do due to it being a standard with only a barrel rail or non at all. most reviews say the stock sights are actually very decent but for my son adding a small red dot or something for him may be a better option and im thinkg conture if i go that route in time of course

thanks for the advice!