Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 AM

Location: Wiser Owl Tactical is located at 6904 Miramar Rd, Unit 105, San Diego, CA 92114
Default New Gun Store SD Gun Launch Party

Come join us for our firearm launch party on August 25, 2012 from 10 am to 7 pm. We will be raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. We will also have food and refreshments and a Modern Warfare Game Tournament. If you RSVP for the event on facebook, you will get 3% off your firearm purchase!! We will still be running other specials throughout the day!

If you want to participate in the tournament, let us know in advance. Prizes will go to the winner!

info@wiserowl.com
Wiser Owl is new to San Diego and is looking to make a name for itself by providing the best customer service and great prices. Feel free to call us at 858-547-9999 with any questions or requests. Facebook is the best place to catch our newest inventory!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

So you guys are open today for business? I work down the street. Go to that Togos right there frequently
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 08-03-2012, 1:10 PM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Are you next to Cycle Sector?

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché
Old 08-03-2012, 1:11 PM

Awesome! I'm going to be out of town that weekend but good luck with the party!
Old 08-03-2012, 1:41 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't do facebook, but good luck with your party anyway.
Old 08-03-2012, 3:22 PM

Location: Wiser Owl Tactical is located at 6904 Miramar Rd, Unit 105, San Diego, CA 92114

We are currently open and selling tactical gear and apparel. However, we won't be selling guns until the 25th! We will be able to do special orders. Hours are Monday, Wednesday - Saturday 10 am to 7 pm and Sunday 12 pm to 5 pm. Closed on Tuesdays! If you mention that you saw this on Calguns, we will also give you the 3% discount. Military, Police, and EMS will always get a 5% discount on firearms. The 3% does not get applied to any other discount available. In addition, if you pay with cash we will give an addition 1% discount!!
Wiser Owl is new to San Diego and is looking to make a name for itself by providing the best customer service and great prices. Feel free to call us at 858-547-9999 with any questions or requests. Facebook is the best place to catch our newest inventory!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Will you be doing SSE?
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 PM

bleh

too many good shops too far south
Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 PM

I will definitely be their to show my support. I went in a couple of weeks ago and it was a cool shop. Glad to see you will finally be able to sell firearms. One question can I bring in a ringer (my kid) for the COD tournament.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-04-2012, 9:19 AM

ArkAngel, for SSE we are thinking about doing it. We have to consult with the distributors and our armorers to get their opinions and what we can do. We will do our best to accommodate anything you need or want in a timely manner.

DeCloak, of course your kid can play. However, the prize may be adjusted for age appropriateness.

As soon as we get the final DROS equipment (hopefully by Aug. 15), we will be able to place special orders for firearms/items. Firearms that are special ordered will receive an additional discount (availability may vary; may be long wait times).

Hope to see you here soon!

Last edited by Wiser Owl Tactical; 08-04-2012 at 9:21 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I shop on Miramar all the time.

You guys dog friendly? He's more a 1911 kinda dog but I've trained him not to chew up the boxy black tactical stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 08-10-2012, 1:39 PM

Love that a new gun store is opening in SD. Looks very nice.

A quick word about your website, however:

As a technical writer and editor, I have to say that you have some usability issues on the web page that are going to prevent customers from easily browsing for products.

Limiting the page to 12 items at a time when searching through your products is going to turn away a lot of internet customers. I just spent 5 minutes looking at your reloading components, and clicking through page after page to look at your inventory was frustrating, especially when you see there are 53 more pages in that prticular category.

I'm not sure who did your web store, but as a general rule you want customers to be able to view a large number of items at a time, not just 12. If the issue is page loading speed, you may want to crank down the size of the product images. Imagine walking into a brick and mortar store with many small rooms, and each one held only 12 products. Wouldn't you want your customers to see as many items as possible, so that something tickles their interest and they buy something?

Anyway, good luck with the store, and I know I'll be by at some point to browse in person.
Old 08-10-2012, 8:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Congrats!
Old 08-10-2012, 9:06 PM
Veteran Member

I can't make it on the 25th but I will stop by on Monday and bug you guys for a while I need some prices on parts for an AR Pistol that I'm working on.
Old 08-10-2012, 9:08 PM

I plan on stopping by sometime.
Old 08-17-2012, 9:55 AM

Default Store Gun Launch in San Diego

Hey everyone,

We just wanted to remind everybody that we here at Wiser Owl Firearm and Tactical are 1 week out from the gun launch party. We have hired on some gunsmiths, so we can pretty much do anything you need! Anybody who mentions seeing us on Calguns or likes us on facebook can receive a 3% discount off of a firearm sale. Specials will be going all day off of gear and ammo! We tried to price the ammo as cheap as possible so even without a discount it is cheap. We will be also raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. All of the profits from our WWP gear goes directly to the WWP! We will have free food and refreshments as well as a COD tournament in our lounge. We have a projector to play on so it should be fun. If you can beat me! Hope to see everyone next weekend!

We will put another reminder next Friday!

Last edited by Wiser Owl Tactical; 08-17-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 9:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Which COD? So I can start practicing

Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting

Quote:
We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
Quote:
Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz
Old 08-17-2012, 10:04 AM

I shall drop by
Old 08-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Location?

You guys setup with a lathe?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 AM

MW3 COD is the game of choice!!

Our gunsmiths would know more about what equipment they have and don't have. I am guessing probably not because that is a big piece of equipment that we can put on our wishlist at the moment. Still, I will pass the question along and see if they have access to it!

By the way the party is on August 25th from 10 am to 7 pm!
Old 08-17-2012, 5:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

thanks for the heads-up and info. good luck with your launch party, and your business.
Old 08-17-2012, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Cool deal sporto! Glad to see another LGS here in the S.D.! Can we buy ammo now? Any steel cased .223?
Old 08-18-2012, 9:15 AM

Yes ammo is available now!! We have steel cased .223 on order and we have brass 5.56 available now. We can also special order you anything you need!

Last edited by Wiser Owl Tactical; 08-18-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 PM

sunborder,

Thank you so much for the comments about the online store. We are still working on the layout and such. If you want something, please feel free to call me and I can find it for you. Otherwise, we should have the website working better soon! I am sorry you had a hard time navigating. I promise we are working on a fix!
Old 08-18-2012, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

^great, thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk🔫
Old 08-18-2012, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiser Owl Tactical View Post
sunborder,

Thank you so much for the comments about the online store. We are still working on the layout and such. If you want something, please feel free to call me and I can find it for you. Otherwise, we should have the website working better soon! I am sorry you had a hard time navigating. I promise we are working on a fix!
Will you sell mag kits and AK parts? That's all I buy on the internet.
Old 08-19-2012, 3:22 PM

Ford8N,

We should have a variety of those items on our website, depending upon availability, at any given time. However, we do not have any in stock at the store at this time. Please feel free to come by or message us any time if you ever want us to special order anything for you. Remember, if you see anything on our website and would like to bypass shipping costs, we can have it sent to the store for free for you to pick up. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 8:20 PM

My friend and I stopped by earlier today to check the store out. Selection was small, but I'm sure that will change with time. I walked away happy with a spyderco

Just wanted to welcome Brian and his store. It's refreshing to see new gunstores opening up. Good luck!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM

Thank you so much for stopping by the store! We appreciate you sharing your experience on Calguns, as well. Our selection will continue to grow over the next month, and remember that we are offering an additional discount on all firearms not in stock. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to better assist our customers. Thanks!

- Bryan and Casey Adamson
Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 AM

Default Wiser Owl Gun Store Launch Party Tomorrow!

I promise this is the last time we will mention the party. We just want to get the word out.

We will be having our gun launch party all day tomorrow from 10 am to 7 pm with 3% off all firearm sales. Additional discounts on ammo and gun accessories will also be going on all day. We will have a parking lot BBQ at 12 pm and a COD MW3 tournament at 1 pm or so. Prizes will be given to the winner(s). We will also be raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project and selling WWP gear. All proceeds go to the WWP. Please join us for some fun, music, food, and games!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Stopped by on Saturday with my wife. Casey and Bryan are great people and I'm sure their customer service will shine through! Selection was a little thin, but they're new and growing. Best of luck, guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRazz View Post
I don't wish to be known as a set of tits behind a gun.
Old 08-27-2012, 6:01 PM

We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported us on Saturday, especially those that provided helpful advice and encouragement. We also appreciate everyone who donated to the Wounded Warrior Project or purchased a WWP product. We count ourselves blessed to have had such nice people through our doors.

We will continue to build our inventory over the next couple of months to better satisfy our patrons. For now, we are offering a standing discount on all special order firearms and will be deeply discounting a different special order pistol or rifle daily. We are now able to offer gunsmith and paint services in-store, as well.

Again, thank you to everyone and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Old 08-27-2012, 6:02 PM

We would like to thank everyone that came out and supported us on Saturday, especially those that provided helpful advice and encouragement. We also appreciate everyone who donated to the Wounded Warrior Project or purchased a WWP product. We count ourselves blessed to have had such nice people through our doors.

We will continue to build our inventory over the next couple of months to better satisfy our patrons. For now, we are offering a standing discount on all special order firearms and will be deeply discounting a different special order pistol or rifle daily. We are now able to offer gunsmith and paint services in-store, as well.

Again, thank you to everyone and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Old 08-27-2012, 6:02 PM

Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Can you tell me how much you would charge for an out-of-state purchase/transfer?
Thank you!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 PM

Flintlock,

We charge $35 to cover the cost of DROS, as well as our payment processing fees and labor. We do not feel that it is necessary at this time to charge an additional fee to make it more costly for those who order from out-of-state sellers.

Our Calguns account should be upgraded by tomorrow to allow us to advertise our rates for gunsmith services, painting, transfer fees, and to post our discounts and specials.

Please let us know if there is anything else you might need from us. Thank you for your time!
Old 08-29-2012, 1:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Flintlock,

We charge $35 to cover the cost of DROS, as well as our payment processing fees and labor. We do not feel that it is necessary at this time to charge an additional fee to make it more costly for those who order from out-of-state sellers.

Our Calguns account should be upgraded by tomorrow to allow us to advertise our rates for gunsmith services, painting, transfer fees, and to post our discounts and specials.

Please let us know if there is anything else you might need from us. Thank you for your time!
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. $35 total, out-the-door (not counting sales tax) for DROS AND fees for an out of state transfer?

If so, that is the lowest in this half of the state.

Thank you!
Old 08-29-2012, 1:29 PM

Flintlock,

That's it, $35. As mentioned, we don't think we need to charge any extra "storage fees" at this time. We have enough room and find it unnecessary. However, if we have to pay anything upon delivery of the gun we will transfer that to the buyer. We don't foresee that though.

Any other questions, just let us know. We are working on getting the fee schedule/policies online for everyone to read. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2012, 1:49 PM

Wow, that's great news! Hope you can keep it at that price. I just paid $40 at a local competitor and I believe Parallax charges $45 for receivership of a transferred firearm.

Quote:
Flintlock,

That's it, $35. As mentioned, we don't think we need to charge any extra "storage fees" at this time. We have enough room and find it unnecessary. However, if we have to pay anything upon delivery of the gun we will transfer that to the buyer. We don't foresee that though.

Any other questions, just let us know. We are working on getting the fee schedule/policies online for everyone to read. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2012, 1:59 PM

Dammit i missed the bbq!!!!

Its good to see more shops in north county, hope to stop by soon