Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2012, 2:36 PM
BradleyAbrams's Avatar
BradleyAbrams BradleyAbrams is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The House of the Rising Sun
Posts: 421
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default What do you all use as shooting Glasses..?

Mine are about done.

I was wondering if there was some general consensus here at Cal-Guns on what would be a "good" pair of Shooting Glasses...

FWIW, I prefer Amber or Yellow lenses and a Light frame.

Titanium frame maybe..?


I look forward to your suggestions..


TIA




-
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2012, 2:48 PM
Curley Red Curley Red is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posts: 1,737
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2012, 2:50 PM
barbasol's Avatar
barbasol barbasol is offline
Senior Mumbler
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 954
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

I use my normal daily wear glasses
__________________
Free Loan Modification Review and Short Sale Info for any Calgunners in Socal. PM me for details
15% commission rebate and 5% donation to Calguns Foundation for any closed home sale by a Calgunner or referral. PM for details*subject to lender approval
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-01-2012, 3:02 PM
XVIga_Rob's Avatar
XVIga_Rob XVIga_Rob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 916
Posts: 1,807
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My brother from another mother..... I like the avatar!!

I just use my Oakley's (polarized black irridium). I really don't care for indoor ranges....If I must, a pair of clear saftey glasses.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-01-2012, 3:30 PM
Gryff's Avatar
Gryff Gryff is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 11,479
iTrader: 57 / 98%
Default

I'm a huge fan of Rudy Project Rydons. Expensive, but great quality and optics.

For lens color, I use dark brown for bright days, a red tint for overcast (really brings out the viisibility of the targets), and for clear indoor/night. Actually haven't used amber to any great degree.
__________________
My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

Last edited by Gryff; 08-01-2012 at 3:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-01-2012, 3:36 PM
m98's Avatar
m98 m98 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PRK CenTRal
Posts: 4,048
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Safety glasses are for wussies. I just close my eyes.
__________________
"Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-01-2012, 3:53 PM
JDPhx501's Avatar
JDPhx501 JDPhx501 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 816
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

ESS suppressors with the lens with the red tint, helps me see the targets better, heh.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-01-2012, 3:59 PM
Camsnappersc's Avatar
Camsnappersc Camsnappersc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spokane Valley Wa.
Posts: 533
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

I have a pair of Oakley Radars with clear vented range lenses.
Best I've used to date
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-01-2012, 4:02 PM
HskrVern's Avatar
HskrVern HskrVern is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salina, Utah
Posts: 802
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Being a bit dorkish I have a few of these from my Navy days. And yeah I get made fun of a lot.....


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-01-2012, 4:38 PM
TacticalPlinker's Avatar
TacticalPlinker TacticalPlinker is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 2,584
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I just use my cheap $10 sun glasses when outside, or my old regular glasses when indoors.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-01-2012, 4:52 PM
Mr. Gillious's Avatar
Mr. Gillious Mr. Gillious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 650
Posts: 1,559
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-01-2012, 5:10 PM
digitalelf's Avatar
digitalelf digitalelf is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A magical forest of silicon!
Posts: 113
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I use ESS ICE...

My choice of lens color depends upon how bright it is outside (I rarely go to indoor ranges and if I do, I use a clear lens)...
__________________
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed
to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-01-2012, 5:29 PM
mexicancolt1's Avatar
mexicancolt1 mexicancolt1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norwalk, California
Posts: 159
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
__________________
"God made Man, Colt made them equals"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-01-2012, 5:34 PM
WootSauce's Avatar
WootSauce WootSauce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SB County
Posts: 292
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/product/sawfly/

Best pair I ever had, so good in fact im buying another soon. They have every color lens under the sun, even photochromic ("transitions"), and the lenses interchange. They also sell an anti-fog wipe and actually works. While shooting USPSA my glasses never fog which is a huge deal to me. Recommended to me by my friend who used them in the Army. Yes, they are expensive, but IMHO they are more than worth the money if youre looking for a really good pair.
__________________
Everything I say is probably wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr_223 View Post
dude, its a pump-action..You can put a live weasel or hollowed d**do on the barrel and it would be legal...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-01-2012, 5:37 PM
tradecraft tradecraft is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,903
iTrader: 266 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
Since I'm rather attached to my eyes, I use ESS Crossbows with a bronze lense.

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-01-2012, 5:38 PM
Ubermcoupe's Avatar
Ubermcoupe Ubermcoupe is offline
🇺🇸 Jack-Booted Gov Thug
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code 798
Posts: 14,711
iTrader: 64 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

OP, I use these when I am shooting in the shade or its cloudy outside


But I tend to stay away from yellow/amber shades when in direct sun and instead use a a pair with light tint:

Impact and scratch resistant and wide enough to cover the whole eye area.
They’re also relatively inexpensive compared to other glasses i’ve used before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun


I’m also guessing he recommends not wearing ear protection, you know, to get used to the noise guns make incase you actually got in gun fight...

If you value your eyes you should always use protection when operating machinery, especially things that could blind you should an accident happen.
Unless i’ve completely mis understood your post, I disagree.
__________________
Hauoli Makahiki Hou


-------

Last edited by Ubermcoupe; 08-01-2012 at 5:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-01-2012, 5:52 PM
WootSauce's Avatar
WootSauce WootSauce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SB County
Posts: 292
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
Take this advice for what it's worth to you, but while shooting USPSA I have been hit IN THE FACE with shrapnel from ricochet off steel targets (little added info before everyone starts arguing about this; Yes the steel was USPSA legal distance away it was just angled funny so me and one other RO got hit with shrapnel) and debris from rounds hitting near the top of the berm from the adjacent shooting areas. There's a very good reason that eye protection is mandatory at almost all (I can't think of any ranges where it isn't) ranges.

That being said, when shooting precision rifle at very very long ranges (like 800 plus yards) your glasses can interfere with your sight picture very very slightly because you are looking through an additional lens. This is also not as much of a problem with higher end glasses that offer better optics. There are ways to work with this that I wont get into here.

Are you shooting 1000 yards with a precision rifle? Guessing no. So should you always wear glasses? YES EDIT: Should you wear glasses when shooting 1000 yards with presision rifle? Also yes.
__________________
Everything I say is probably wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr_223 View Post
dude, its a pump-action..You can put a live weasel or hollowed d**do on the barrel and it would be legal...

Last edited by WootSauce; 08-01-2012 at 6:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-01-2012, 6:41 PM
sniper5 sniper5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 723
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Regular prescription glasses for shotgun and pistol and these for rifle:http://www.10pt9.com/Gear/Shooting-G...ames-p147.html
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-01-2012, 7:31 PM
BigFatGuy's Avatar
BigFatGuy BigFatGuy is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Compton, CA
Posts: 2,586
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
How is "left-eye" doing these days, anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-01-2012, 7:44 PM
Kappy's Avatar
Kappy Kappy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sutter Co.
Posts: 5,314
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
Anything else your BIL tells you is now immediately suspect.

Only people who like being able to see wear glasses while shooting.

Now... If I were out in the world and a bad guy came after me, I wouldn't stop to put eye protection on to eliminate the threat, but I've come to respect them at the range.

OP, I use a pair I got from Lowes. 3M cost me $10. They're solid and are clear. I also use my regular Fossil sunglasses.
__________________
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-01-2012, 7:49 PM
Gryff's Avatar
Gryff Gryff is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 11,479
iTrader: 57 / 98%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
Sorry, I like my eyesight too much to listen to your brother-in-law. BTW, does he work in a gun store during his off-time?
__________________
My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-01-2012, 7:58 PM
voiceofreason's Avatar
voiceofreason voiceofreason is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,782
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

I like Oakleys with clear lenses in almost all conditions.

I was at an indoor range when the a**clowns 2 lanes to my left shot the metal target hanger with (what I'd guess to be) a 7.62x39 round that sent shrapnel ricocheting into my arm from close range.

Eyes are extremely delicate and expensive/difficult to repair at best.

Eye protection and ear protection mandatory if possible.

I believe in ballistic protection for vital organs as well personally.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-01-2012, 8:22 PM
RandyD's Avatar
RandyD RandyD is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La Jolla, California
Posts: 5,423
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootSauce View Post
Take this advice for what it's worth to you, but while shooting USPSA I have been hit IN THE FACE with shrapnel from ricochet off steel targets (little added info before everyone starts arguing about this; Yes the steel was USPSA legal distance away it was just angled funny so me and one other RO got hit with shrapnel) and debris from rounds hitting near the top of the berm from the adjacent shooting areas. There's a very good reason that eye protection is mandatory at almost all (I can't think of any ranges where it isn't) ranges.

That being said, when shooting precision rifle at very very long ranges (like 800 plus yards) your glasses can interfere with your sight picture very very slightly because you are looking through an additional lens. This is also not as much of a problem with higher end glasses that offer better optics. There are ways to work with this that I wont get into here.

Are you shooting 1000 yards with a precision rifle? Guessing no. So should you always wear glasses? YES EDIT: Should you wear glasses when shooting 1000 yards with presision rifle? Also yes.
Good explanation! I shoot precision rifles and high power matches and always wear eye protection. I once saw a shooter fire a rifle and get a face full of hot gas causing him to drop his rifle. It happens, so error on the side of safety.

I use Oakley sunglasses for outside and have another set of Oakley's with clear lenses for use inside or use in overcast weather.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Javi's Avatar
Javi Javi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,548
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I wear Revision sawfly's that I bought from an airman on eBay. Really wanted them because they have a rx lens insert that goes in them. These are on sale on Gearhog right now:
Numa-"Flash" for $35 before shipping.

http://www.gearhog.com/?rf=303691

They look slick and they should have some different lenses for sale.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v0s View Post
My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,168
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Oakleys
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-02-2012, 6:18 AM
duckman1's Avatar
duckman1 duckman1 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,018
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I have a pair of the Smith with the switch lenses for low light. I usually wear my WileyX glasses for daytime.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-02-2012, 1:16 PM
Twiggz's Avatar
Twiggz Twiggz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 242
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Oakley half jackets with the shooter orange lenses. I've been hit in the arm, hand and shin with lead splash back. I always have my saftey glasses on when I'm shooting.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-02-2012, 2:45 PM
DisturbedAle's Avatar
DisturbedAle DisturbedAle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SGV/LA
Posts: 1,464
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

I wear my Oakleys and believe in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
Do not listen to this, wear Oakley or ESS Products as they offer HDO - High Definition Optics which does not distort vision. Look at golfers who play for Millions of Dollars, all wearing Oakleys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootSauce View Post
Take this advice for what it's worth to you, but while shooting USPSA I have been hit IN THE FACE with shrapnel from ricochet off steel targets (little added info before everyone starts arguing about this; Yes the steel was USPSA legal distance away it was just angled funny so me and one other RO got hit with shrapnel) and debris from rounds hitting near the top of the berm from the adjacent shooting areas. There's a very good reason that eye protection is mandatory at almost all (I can't think of any ranges where it isn't) ranges.

That being said, when shooting precision rifle at very very long ranges (like 800 plus yards) your glasses can interfere with your sight picture very very slightly because you are looking through an additional lens. This is also not as much of a problem with higher end glasses that offer better optics. There are ways to work with this that I wont get into here.

Are you shooting 1000 yards with a precision rifle? Guessing no. So should you always wear glasses? YES EDIT: Should you wear glasses when shooting 1000 yards with presision rifle? Also yes.
This man is right.
__________________
"Glorification comes from the journey, not the outcome" - Phil Jackson
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-02-2012, 3:31 PM
BradleyAbrams's Avatar
BradleyAbrams BradleyAbrams is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The House of the Rising Sun
Posts: 421
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Thank you all...I am very protective of my eyes, because I suffered Optic Nerve damage in early childhhod.. My Right eye is physicaly OK, but the image which gets transmitted to my brain via the Optic Nerve is all FUBAR'd.. Solid, straight lines look like slowly moving "Esses" to me; sort of like the Mirage you see on far away pavement in a Hot Day..

This is the reason why I have Always worn the best eye protection available when the situation may present a clear danger to the loss of my vision.

I simply cannot afford to lose my " Good" eye; and none of my three Shar-Peis makes for a Good Seeing-Eye Dog..

My everyday sunglasses are Ray Ban Aviators RB 3026, but I like to have "Application-Specific" eyewear for certain situations, such as Snow Skiing and Shooting. I'm not a "Fashionista" by any means, but I Do regard Protective Eyewear as a Tool.

And as such, I believe that certain activities require the correct tool -

For example, the Ray Ban Aviators are a fine piece of eye protection, but if you wear them snow-skiing, and wipe out on the way down Cornice at Mammoth, your Aviators are going to get mangled beyond repair (not to mention the risk of a glass shard in your cornea )...

Same applies to Shooting Glasses for me..

I have had the same pair of these for over 20 years now. They lasted this long because immediately after I'm done shooting for the Day, they go back in their case.

However, as I wrote in my OP, the passing years have affected the lens to the point that they are now due for retirement..Hence my request for opinions / recommendations on the subject..

And -Yah, I'm a bit OCD about certain items I choose for personal safety, and shooting Glasses is but one example.

My Second Stage SCUBA Regulator is another. Ditto for my Motorcycle Helmet.

And I do not Sky Dive; but I can Guaran-effin-tee You that if I did take it up as a Sport, then My Personal Parachute would join the list.

Anyhow, thanks to all for your words.

I will look into the Oakleys and ESS offerings.

Cheers !


-

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-02-2012, 4:17 PM
Gryff's Avatar
Gryff Gryff is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 11,479
iTrader: 57 / 98%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyAbrams View Post
This is the reason why I have Always worn the best eye protection available when the situation may present a clear danger to the loss of my vision.

I simply cannot afford to lose my " Good" eye; and none of my three Shar-Peis makes for a Good Seeing-Eye Dog..

My everyday sunglasses are Ray Ban Aviators RB 3026, but I like to have "Application-Specific" eyewear for certain situations, such as Snow Skiing and Shooting. I'm not a "Fashionista" by any means, but I Do regard Protective Eyewear as a Tool.

And as such, I believe that certain activities require the correct tool
Whatever you choose, I recommend that they have straight arms rather than the traditional kind that curve down behind the ear. The reason is that straight arms allow you to take them off/put on much easier while wearing ear protection. Not a huge issue, just a convenience thing.
__________________
My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-02-2012, 4:35 PM
leocrrnz leocrrnz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 147
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I'm currently using revisions but I'm about to purchase the ess crossbow suppressors to see if they really fit better under my ear protection.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-02-2012, 4:51 PM
TKM's Avatar
TKM TKM is offline
I AM THE MAJORITY!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Where the Ritalin and the Aripiprazole play.
Posts: 8,223
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicancolt1 View Post
I was told by my brother-in-law (a cop) that you should not use glasses. That it interupts your line of vision. He's an expert marksman. I do however wear a cap outside in the sun
Does Mr. Marksman also make bacon naked?
__________________
The race war is being fought between two small, angry, violent groups of white people.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-02-2012, 5:44 PM
tradecraft tradecraft is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,903
iTrader: 266 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocrrnz View Post
I'm currently using revisions but I'm about to purchase the ess crossbow suppressors to see if they really fit better under my ear protection.
I tried the Suppressors and they worked great under earmuffs but once I started moving with just plugs, they would slide right off.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-02-2012, 6:11 PM
NSR500 NSR500 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Houston & SF Bay Area
Posts: 19,542
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Oakley Gascans with Black Polarized.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-02-2012, 6:23 PM
morfeeis's Avatar
morfeeis morfeeis is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Freeman in Mesa AZ
Posts: 7,607
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyAbrams View Post
Mine are about done.

I was wondering if there was some general consensus here at Cal-Guns on what would be a "good" pair of Shooting Glasses...

FWIW, I prefer Amber or Yellow lenses and a Light frame.

Titanium frame maybe..?


I look forward to your suggestions..


TIA




-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i01

Been using these for a while. thy'er great, so great in fact my brother walked away with
mine last time we went shooting.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayn Rand View Post
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-02-2012, 6:44 PM
cal3gunner's Avatar
cal3gunner cal3gunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Always wear eye protection. I shoot a lot of steel targets and have been hit with many bullet frags over the years.

I had custom built glasses made. They are my daily glasses that I wear everyday. Titanium arms and Trivex lenses. I have one nick in them from a frag hitting them. The Trivex is supposed to be the best for prescription lenses and be ballistic proof.

My last pair of glasses had polycarbanate or however you spell it lenses. They got nicked and scratched easier but were "bullet resistant"

When I wear contacts, I use 5.11 wrap around ballistic sunglasses.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-02-2012, 7:06 PM
DRM6000's Avatar
DRM6000 DRM6000 is offline
Junior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,460
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

I use a pair of Rudy Project Rydons. They have mild correction and photochromic lenses.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-02-2012, 7:28 PM
leocrrnz leocrrnz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 147
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
I tried the Suppressors and they worked great under earmuffs but once I started moving with just plugs, they would slide right off.
good thing the package I'm looking at comes with a standard frame too
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-02-2012, 7:53 PM
Javi's Avatar
Javi Javi is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,548
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocrrnz View Post
I'm currently using revisions but I'm about to purchase the ess crossbow suppressors to see if they really fit better under my ear protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocrrnz View Post
good thing the package I'm looking at comes with a standard frame too
Yeah, $100 for the crossfire & suppressor frame + smoke & clear lenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
I tried the Suppressors and they worked great under earmuffs but once I started moving with just plugs, they would slide right off.
I've never seen these, thanks! Really interested. I haven't shot with my Revisions in a while so I'll have to see if it does break the seal of my earmuffs. I believe they did but am not 100% My Revisions fog up pretty bad at the indoor range I usually go to. Their ventilation isn't all that great but wish Revision sawfly lenses were fog proof. Although I've gotten used to changing lenses on the Sawfly, the ESS supressor/Crossfire looks super easy to change out. Anyone know if their CDI sunglasses work well with ear protection?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v0s View Post
My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 AM
twohi2play's Avatar
twohi2play twohi2play is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 368
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I purchased ESS Crossbow glasses on ebay for a decent price.
__________________
The less you give a damn the happier you will be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:21 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.