|Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Concealed Carry Saves Lives!
THIS IS MY OLD LIST. MY NEW LIST CAN BE FOUND LINKED IN MY SIG LINE AND HERE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=858390
In NONE of these cases did the LTCer (License to Carry) know ahead of time they'd be facing a deadly confrontation and thus could NOT have articulated CA's required "Good Cause" for getting a CCW (concealed carry weapon) permit. (Ironically, not a single one of them was a jewelry dealer or a coin/precious metals dealer -- two work categories that are often considered at heightened risk and have "Good Cause" to get a CCW by restrictive issuance sheriffs in major urban counties. But several of them were pizza delivery drivers.)
I've included stories w/off-duty or retired LEOs since they're pretty much equivalent to a LTCer -- no body armor, no radio, no partners, no backup, no rifle/shotgun, and usually no BUG or even a single extra magazine. I've also included two cases of Good Guys (GGs) Open Carrying (OCing), saving lives.
For news stories about guns being used for self-defense in public as well as when at home or work (which the national main stream media (MSM) ignores), see the NRA's Armed Citizen column and www.RationalityRebooted.com
Acc to the US GAO there were >8,000,000 LTC holders around the nation (2011 Dec 31):
Right-to-Carry laws as of 2012:
Ann Coulter discusses the only public policy proven to reduce school shootings:
"We Know How to Stop School Shootings"
Examples of LTCs saving lives (in chronological order):
1) 1983 Jan: IN; LTCer Samuel Hatcher stopped a bank robber who was grappling w/a deputy.
2) 1992 April: FL; LTCer Vincent McCarthy rescues an officer being beaten up by shooting BG in the leg.
3) 1992 Sept: San Fernando Valley, CA; just after midnight Saturday, 36 y.o. ex-pro boxer Randy Shields was dining at the Four 'N 20 restaurant when 2 masked & armed BGs entered, shot the ceiling, and demanded money. When they threatened to start shooting people to get money, LTCer Shields fired at them with his PPK/S .380, chasing them outside and hitting Terry Redd in the chest and back and Tyron Hill in the buttock. The BGs returned fire and when Shields ran dry after 6 shots, he ran back inside. The BGs and the driver, Michael Redd (all in their 20s), were arrested when they called for an ambulance. A bullet grazed Shield's thigh.
4) 1997 Oct 01: MS; Pearl High School Principal, LTCer Joel Myrick stops a school shooter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting
BG Luke Woodham
5) 2001 April: South Salinas, CA; While having dinner at a friend's, off-duty LEO Phil Nash heard a car crash into another car. He went out and saw the driver, 29 yo Adrian Castro, flee. Nash wanted to hold the suspect until police arrived, but the BG drew a 9mm HGN. Nash then fired his .40S&W HK USP once, hitting the BG COM. Castro died 2 wks later in the hospital. http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/.../packing-heat/
6) 2002 Jan 09: TN: off-duty LEOs Tracy Bridges and Mikael Gross, stop the Appalachian School of Law shooter Peter Odighizuwa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalac...f_Law_shooting
BG Peter Odighizuwa's picture at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/176500...83_suspect.jpg (ran into limit on # of pix per posting)
7) 2005 Feb 24: Tyler, TX; David Hernandez Arroyo, Sr, uses semiauto AK-47 to kill his ex-wife and attempted to kill many others, incl LEOs, at the Tyler Courthouse. LTCer Mark Allen Wilson engages him, but died. Wilson saved those who were near the ex-wife by intervening. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_c...empt_to_subdue
deceased BG David Hernandez Arroyo, Sr.
8) 2005 Aug 25: Albuquerque, NM; 72 y.o. LTCer Dew Moore shot and killed Felix Vigil who stabbed his ex-wife Joyce Cordova as she worked at the deli in Wal-Mart. The YouTube takes ~10 sec before the video starts and the audio and video are out of sync.
9) 2006 Feb 17: East Baton Rouge, LA; LTCer Perry Stevens, wearing a neck brace and walking w/a cane, saves LEO Brian Harrison's life by shooting George Temple -- a bodybuilder and boxer -- 4 times w/a .45 into the torso and then once to the head. Harrison had already shot Temple once in the gut w/a .40S&W.
LTCer Perry Stevens
deceased BG George Temple
10) 2007 Feb 13: UT; off-duty LEO Kenneth Hammond engaged Trolley Square mall shooter until SWAT arrived. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_Square_shooting
BG Suljo Talović's picture at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ut...ey_talovic.jpg
11) 2007 May 14: Bessemer, AL; LTCer Chris Chappell stops double murderer and bank robber from escaping. http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2...k-robbery.html
12) 2007 June 27: Plantation, FL; LTCer John Lovell bested two armed robbers at a Subway sandwich shop, killing one and hospitalizing the other. http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...obbery_070702/
13) 2007 Dec: Colorado Springs, CO; LTCer and ex-LEO Jeanne Assam, a volunteer security officer at New Life Church uses her gun to stop BG Matthew Murray, armed w/AR-15, from entering main building after he killed 1 and injured 3 in parking lot. BG had killed 2 and injured 1 ~12 hours earlier at a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) center in Arvada, CO.
LTCer Jeanne Assam
deceased BG Matthew Murray
14) 2007 Dec 27: Orlando, FL; 5 BGs try robbing 65 y.o. LTCer at gunpoint as he collects cash for parking at a church. LTCer pulls his gun out from his coat and fires. BGs flee.
15) 2007 Dec 31: Indianapolis, IN; a masked gunman holds up grocery store when 51 y.o. Charlie Merrell pulls out his LTC and holds BG for police. http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59503
16) 2008 Feb 06: Houston, TX; a gunman tries to rob a LTCer in a grocery parking lot ~10pm. LTCer draws, fires, and kills BG.
17) 2008 March 29: Des Moies, IO; ~10:30 pm, 38 y.o. pizza delivery man James William Spiers III, was lured by 18 y.o. Melanie Stout w/a order to deliver a pizza to a location where 19 y.o. Kenneth Jimmerson put a gun to his head. Spiers grabbed the BG's gun while simultaneously drawing and firing his own, hitting the BG multiple times. Jimmerson was arrested after he phoned for medical aid. http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/17948249.html
BG Kenneth Jimmerson and BGal Melanie Stout
18) 2008 April 26: Inglewood, CA; 2 armed BGs enter Sinkers Wines & Spirits, order customers to the floor and demand money. LTCer draws and 10 shots were exchanged, killing a BG. The other flees.
19) On or about 2008 June 16: Canton Township, MI; ~9am 54 y.o BG Joseph Webster hands a Comerica Bank teller a note saying he has a bomb, give him money. 39 y.o. LTCer Nabil Fawzi, a customer at the next counter, draws his 9mm Beretta and stops the robbery. BG did not have bomb or other weapon.
BG Joseph Webster
20) 2009 Jan 17: Glasgow, MT; LTCer Scott Billingsly shoots BG who killed EMT Melissa Greenhagen in Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital's parking lot. BG also injured Scott and Scott's wife, a RN who tried to give aid to the fallen EMT. http://www.kulr8.com/news/state/45434932.html
21) 2009 April 18: Columbia's Five Points, SC, ~11pm on a Sat night, BG Kayson Helms, of Edison, NJ, entered an AA meeting in an ACOA Club, pulled a .25 caliber HGN and said "Gimme what you got." LTCer pulls out his .32 acp Keltec and shoots BG in abdomen, chest and neck. BG flees ~100 ft, collapses, and dies. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=175162
deceased BG Kayson Helms
22) 2009 July 01: Burton, MI, masked BG w/SGN enters poker business by shooting open a locked door at 1 am. BG orders the 40 - 60 patrons on the floor. Retired Flint CoP Brad Barksdale confronts BG and kills him w/one shot to the chest. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=200005
23) 2009 July 11: Richmond, VA; ~1pm Saturday, 30 yo BG James Grooms III, enters the Golden Food Market holding a HGN, tells everyone to get on the floor, and immediately shoots the owner 2x as he stands behind the cash register. An Open Carrier waiting in line tells BG to drop his gun. BG shoots at OCer and OCer shoots back, hitting BG once in torso with his "replica 1875 Remington Army .45 Long Colt with a 7 1/2 inch barrel" as he dives for cover. BG runs to the back of the store then comes up various isles to shoot at OCer. When BG is in the open, OCer tries shooting him, but his trigger broke when he dove to the floor, so he thumb cocks it partially and releases the hammer manually, hitting the BG 2 more times. The BG's revolver is now empty so he charges the OCer, wrestling for each others' guns. The OCer hits BG 2x on the temple w/his HGN's barrel, so BG runs away, but collapses at door and dies in hospital.
24) 2009 Sept 25: Detroit, MI, 5:30 am on a Fri, a 43 y.o. woman is pumping gas when 2 BGs approach her and grab her purse. She drew her LTC and fired several rnds, striking one BG multiple times. He died at Harper Grace Hospital. Police spokesman John Roach: "They didn't realize she has a CCW, so she had a weapon of her own." http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=234513
25) 2009 Oct 11: Philadelphia, PA; ~midnight BG tries to pull off his 3rd armed robbery of the night by forcing the victim against a car and demanding money. Victim is LTCer who fires 7 or 8x killing the BG.
26) 2009 Oct 13: Jefferson City, MO; an armed assailant was shot by one of the people he was attempting to herd into a building housing law offices on East Capitol Ave. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=233862
27) 2009 Oct 21: Columbus, OH; 25 y.o. BG Wayne Winston barged into a motel room, brandished a HGN, ordered the 6 occupants onto the floor, and demanded jewelry & money. A 70 y.o. great-grandmother w/a LTC pulled her .357 mag. from her purse and shot him once in the chest, causing him to run from the room and die in the parking lot. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=234559
deceased BG Wayne Winston
Last edited by Paladin; 11-28-2013 at 3:24 AM..
28) 2009 Dec 30: Coeur D'Alene, ID; ~6:30am, a 17 y.o. BG walked up to rob Michelle Cornelsen, owner of Sunshine Espresso, in her stand. BG set his gun down and covered it w/his hand to hide it when a customer pulled up. That's when Michelle drew her LTC and ordered BG to leave. No shots were fired. A deputy nearby caught BG a few minutes later. http://www.kxly.com/news/22089081/detail.html
29) 2010 March 05: Memphis, TN; ~3:00pm a man with a knife ran through the parking lot of a Family Dollar store threatening customers. The BG chased a delivery driver and others. He tried to lunge his knife at a driver leaving the parking lot. The driver had a "gun permit", pulled his gun and shot the BG, killing him. http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=12094028
30) 2010 March 17: Columbus, OH; 27 y.o. LTCer Erik Tehoke pulled up to drive thru ATM ~1am. A BG approached his open driver's window and demanded money. Erik drew his HGN and refused. BG fled. "Tehoke pondered what would have happened if he had left his gun at home, like he almost did. 'The funny thing is I almost didn't take it with me that night,' he said. 'I'm happy I did.'"
31) 2010 April 01: Turley, OK; ~10pm homeowner Michael Lish entered his home through the back door. He heard a noise in the master bedroom and went to investigate. He was confronted by Mr. Billy Jean Tiffey, III, who was wielding Lish's sword. Lish told him to stop and drew his LTC. The BG did not stop so Lish shot him. The BG reached for his pocket so Lish shot him twice in the chest killing him. A .38 revolver was in the BG's pocket. He also had Lish's 9mm pistol as well as a stun gun and knife. The BG had a record of drug offenses and DUI. http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12246529
deceased BG Billy Jean Tiffey, III
32) 2010 April 12: Detroit, MI; LTCer Michael Farrow saw a suspicious man running from a bank. He ordered the BG to stop and get down. Police showed up and arrested 49 y.o. Robert Lee Chandler, a parolee with extensive criminal history, incl bank robbery.
33) 2010 April 26: Omaha, NB, at about 9:00pm in a Walgreens, a GG w/o a LTC but carrying concealed kills a masked BG, 18 y.o. Marquail Thomas -- armed w/a sawed-off Remington 870 shotgun -- by shooting him 4 times w/his .40 cal S&W semiauto pistol as the BG threatened a woman. GG then tackles a second BG, 17 y.o. Angelo Douglas, and holds him for police. News story w/video at: http://www.ketv.com/news/23275007/detail.html and 5 min video interview of GG's attorney w/details of the shoot at: http://www.ketv.com/video/23288954/index.html
deceased BG Marquail Thomas
BG Angelo Douglas picture at: http://thumbs.mugshots.com/gallery/i...69.140x140.jpg
34) 2010 May 02; FL, Palm Bay: LTCer Ruben Torres pulls gun on a bank robber who complies. http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...bber/1d09v6dqo
35) 2010 May 03; FL, Titusville: LTCer David is a bank customer who chases down and tackles 55 y.o. Michael Peterson who robbed Riverside Bank w/a knife. BG punched David in the head, so David pistol whipped BG w/his .357 revolver. http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...bber/1d09v6dqo
36) 2010 May 03: West Hollywood, CA, off-duty LA Sheriff's Deputy Clay Grant, Jr., while shopping in a Target store hears a commotion, draws his handgun and confronts 34 y.o. Layla Trawick holding butcher's knife in one hand and a carving knife in the other. She had stabbed 4 shoppers. He orders her to get on the floor, she runs away inside the store, he pursues her, confronts her again, and she complies. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100504/...rget_stabbings
BGal Layla Trawick
37) 2010 May 04: Hazelwood, MO; 59 y.o. LTCer John Wolf was walking in the evening darkness as a suspicious man was approached him. LTCer crossed the street, but 6'4" former HS football player 20 y.o. BG Christopher Holland Jr. then sneaked around behind him and stuck a .38 revolver into his neck and said multiple times he'll kill Wolf. As Wolf handed over his wallet he distracted BG by asking if he can have his license back. He then drew his Glock loaded w/.40 cal. hardball and told the BG to drop it. The BG raised his gun, so Wolf fired "a wall of bullets" at the BG, emptying his gun. He reloaded and watched as the BG fell, ran, stumbled, and died. BG was hit 2x in the back. BG's gun had fired 1x and misfired 3x. LTCer was unhurt.
deceased BG Christopher Holland Jr. picture at: http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...review-620.jpg
38) 2010 May 07: Winter Garden, FL; off-duty LEO is getting cash at an ATM at ~3am. A SUV quickly pulls up and out of the back door hops 18 y.o. BG Tommie Ward wearing a ski mask and holding a revolver and says to give him the money. LEO refuses, so BG opens fire. LEO seeks cover behind his minivan and returns fire, hitting BG 3x. BG drops his gun, gets back in car, and it speeds off. Nearby on-duty LEOs purse car, which crashes, and capture Tommie and 19 y.o. BG Patrick White. A third BG (18-19 y.o. black male) escapes. LEO is uninjured. http://www.wftv.com/news/news/victim...robbery/nJxZk/
wounded BG Tommie Ward
39) 2010 May 8 or 9; Mobile, AL; pizza delivery driver Bennett Dean, Jr, was making a delivery at night when a 16 - 20 y.o. BG w/a SGN appeared. When the BG looked away briefly, Dean dropped the pizza and drew his 9mm. The BG fled.
40) 2010 June 01; Palmetto Bay, FL; John Lee, father of 4 and LTCer, was approached by 3 BGs dressed in all black w/hoodies who demanded money but started shooting. Lee drew his Glock and fired back. Lee was hit 4x (hand, arm, and 2x in gut), but will recover. He believes they were planning on killing him since they did not hide their faces.
41) 2010 June 03: Colleton County, SC, a LTCer, his wife, and her mother were traveling at night in two cars. They pulled over when one car started having problems and called a towing service. Three BGs pull up, and one (David Jayquon Jakes, age 19), gets out w/a mask on and points a gun at one of the women and orders her around. The LTCer -- who was unseen as he had been behind one of the vehicles working on it -- orders the BGs to leave. Jakes turns w/gun to LTCer, so LTCer shoots him several times. Other BGs drag critically wounded Jakes back to car and fire as they drive away. They drop Jakes off at a hospital. News story and video at: http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12598387
BG David Jayquon Jakes
42) 2010 June 15: Mesquite, TX, ~midnight, an unknown man shows up at a poker party at an apartment. He flashes a gun and attempts to rob the players. "Lt. Bill Hedgpeth said 35-year-old Tracey Moore struggled with the suspect and was shot and killed. Another man at the party, 34-year-old Jerome Johnson, then fatally shot the gunman, 28-year-old Darvis Dervon Young. Hedgepeth said Johnson does have a concealed handgun license. A grand jury will decide whether he will face any charges." New story and video at: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/061...rty-police-say
deceased BG Darvis Dervon Young
43) 2010 June 30: Bartlett, TN, two 16 y.o. men tried robbing a 21 y.o. man (who works for a gun range). "The shootout occurred about 10 p.m. Wednesday at the Edgewater Apartments. . . . one of the suspects fired at the man during an attempted robbery. The victim, who was within 3 feet of one robber and about 10 from the other, fired five shots, four of them striking the would-be robbers." One BG was dead right there, and the other was taken to a local hospital. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...k-wrong-target
44) 2010 Sept 05: Chandler, AZ, at a party two gangstas pick a fight w/a LTCer and then draw on him. He kills them both. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=339717
45) 2010 Sept 22: Clearwater, FL, 83 y.o. LTCer Charles Place was attacked from behind in a restaurant parking lot in a robbery attempt. Charles, knocked to the ground, drew his .25 cal. semi and ordered the BG to leave him alone. Bryan Treloar, ran and was followed by a witness. Police caught up with him and charged him with attempted strong arm robbery. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7201060.story
BG Bryan Treloar and LTCer Charles Place
46) 2010 Sept 27: Charlotte, NC, a Pizza Hut driver who is attacked and pistol whipped in the restaurant uses his LTC to stop and kill Gregory James Hardy and Dauntrae Wallace, both 21 and both convicted felons. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=5049750
deceased BGs Gregory James Hardy and Dauntrae Wallace
47) 2010 Oct: Detroit's West Side, MI; BG tries carjacking a father and his family at a Citgo station. The father/LTCer and BG engage in a gunfight. LTCer gets shot in face and leg, BG dies right there.
Last edited by Paladin; 12-03-2013 at 6:52 PM..
48) 2010 Oct 18: Flint, MI; 3 BGs: 17 y.o. Willis Arrington, a Northwestern HS athlete, his 16 y.o. brother, and another 17 y.o. approach LTCer in his driveway. Willis, wearing a mask and carrying a gun, demands money. LTCer draws so BG fires. LTCer returns fire, emptying his 12 round handgun, hitting Willis 3x, killing him, and hitting the other two. The LTCer was only grazed by a bullet.
deceased BG Willis Arrington
49) Either 2010 Nov 26 or Dec 3: Nashville, TN, ~ 8:30 pm in the Arbors of Brentwood apartment complex, a Jet's Pizza driver was held up at gunpoint by 3 BGs. Driver uses his CCW to shoot and kill one of the BGs. Other 2 flee. Police believe shooting was in self-defense. (http://www.newschannel5.com/story/13...elivery-driver)
50) 2011 Jan 18: Las Vegas, NV; ~3:30 pm, 57 y.o. LTCer in Wal-Mart parking lot was physically attacked by BG attempting to rob him. LTCer draws and fires several times. BG flees. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011...#axzz2V2MZNoRS
51) 2011 Feb 21: Detroit, MI; ~ 10pm Papa's Pizza delivery driver gets called to deliver to what turns out to be a vacant house. 3 BGs are lying in wait and attack him. He shoots and kills 1 BG, 2 suspects are caught fleeing area. Pizza shop manager says that driver and many of their other drivers have concealed weapons permits.
52) 2011 May 8; Benton Harbor, MI: Jeremy Hoven, a Walgreens pharmacist, successfully uses his LTC'ed HGN to fight off 2 BGs armed w/HGNs. After an armed robbery at the same store 4 years earlier, Jeremy got a LTC. For his heroic act, Walgreens fired Jeremy for violating its "no weapons" and "non-escalation" policies.
Raw video here:
53) 2011 Aug 08: Detroit, MI; 42 y.o. LTCer Darrell Stansbury was filling up his SUV when a 19 y.o. man got in the driver's seat. When LTCer told him to get out, the BG motioned as if to draw a HGN. The LTCer shot the BG in the side. The BG raced away in the SUV, hit a tree a block away and rolled over. The BG died. The BG had a HGN on him.
54) 2011 Sept 07: North Philadelphia, PA; 21 y.o. Temple U. junior Robert Eells and his roommate step out of their off-campus apartment for a smoke ~1:45 am. A group of teens approach and pull out a gun and demand money. LTCer Eells refuses and gets shot in the stomach. Eells pulls out his gun and returns fire hitting the 15 y.o. in the back and leg. The other teens flee. Eells and the BG are expected to recover.
55) On or about 2011 Nov 19: Ocean Springs, MS; an elderly LTC woman is returning to her car in a Wal-Mart parking lot when a BG tries stealing her purse. She draws her handgun. The BG uses explicit language and leaves.
56) 2012 Jan 02: Florin, CA; ~10:30 am a LTCer was walking his dog in a park when an unleashed pit bulldog ran at them. The man, fearing for both his and his dog's safety, fired at the pit bull, killing it. The pit bull's owner confronted the LTCer. Police were called, but no arrest made. Police believe no crime was committed. http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archiv...orin-area.html
57) 2012 Jan 23, Spartanburg, SC: (news report starts 35 sec in) ~1am, 2 masked armed BGs do take-over robbery of a Waffle House ordering customers on the floor and employees into a back room. 23 y.o. LTCer and customer Justin Harrison -- who normally leaves his gun in his truck but decided to wear it -- draws his .45 Glock and orders them to wait for the police. BG Dante Williams, who turned 19 y.o. that day, aimed his Hi-Point 9mm at LTCer, who then shot and killed Dante. 29 y.o. BG Kenneth Jowan Craig, then struggles w/LTCer and escapes, but is captured later that day. LTCer will not face charges. http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...CLES/120129906
deceased BG Dante Lamont Williams and BG Kenneth Jowan Craig
58) 2012 Jan 30: Milwaukee, WI; ~7pm at an Aldi grocery store 2 BGs storm in w/at least 1 waving a SGN. Nazir Al-Mujaahid, a LTCer and customer, fires 6 or 7x, wounding 20 y.o. BG Dierre Cotton in the leg and grazing his head. Both BGs are arrested. Nazir won't face charges. Police believe the BGs are linked to a string of robberies. Ironically, Aldi's had 2 unarmed security guards and a "Weapons of any kind are prohibited" sign on the front door -- obviously neither stopped the BGs.
BGs Dierre Cotton and Edyon Hibbler
59) 2012 April 13: East Harlem, NY; ~11 am when a 23 y.o. Wyatt Rudolph -- a Bloods gang member wanted on warrants for 2 other shooting -- came running & shooting out of a pharmacy. Outside, he pointed his .32 H&R revolver at responding officers, but the gun did not fire. He fled across the street towards a BP station where retired NYPD Lt. Thomas Barnes, 48, was filling his SUV. Barnes crouched behind a parked car and fired 3x, hitting the BG in the head killing him. The BG's partner, who had given up first, escaped during the gunfight. They were robbing the Rx Center pharmacy of cash and drugs.
deceased BG Wyatt Rudolph
60) 2012 April 21, Macon, GA; ~2:00 am, while she was in her truck in her daughter's driveway after dropping off her grandson, 4'11" 57 y.o. grandmother Luisa ("Lulu") Campbell is shot at by Brenton Lance Spencer, 32, and Dantre Horatio Shivers, 35, during an attempted armed robbery. “I saw the guy in front of me, and I said, ‘Oh my God, there are two of them.’ I said I’m going to take one of them with me. That’s what was in my head.” She shot Spencer in the gut and he was caught. Shivers fled.
BGs Brenton Lance Spencer and Dantre Horatio Shivers
61) 2012 April 22, Aurora, CO: Kiarron Parker, 29, crashed his car in a church parking lot, and pulls out a gun. A man runs into church telling everyone to take cover. A woman, who's a RN and the mother of the pastor, goes outside to see what is happening and is killed. Off-duty LEO church member kills Parker.
deceased BG Kiarron Parker
62) 2012 April 26, Salt Lake City, UT: A man goes into a store and purchases a knife, then stabs two customers with it, one in the head and arms, and the other in the stomach. Before he could attack a 3rd person, a LTCer orders him to drop the knife and he complies. "Lt. Brian Purvis said, 'This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time.'"
63) 2012 June 24, Vallejo, CA: "A Vallejo man carrying a legal concealed weapon halted a reported robbery in progress at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Subway sandwich restaurant in the 600 block of Lewis Brown Road."
CGN discussion: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=588118
64) 2012 July 13; Marion Co., FL; 71 y.o. LTCer Samuel Williams drives off 19 y.o. Duwayne Henderson, armed with a handgun, and 19 y.o. Davis Dawkins, armed w/a metal baseball bat, during an attempted take-over robbery.
BGs Duwayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins
65) 2012 July 17: Columbus, OH; ~midnight, LTCer and Padova's Pizza driver attempts to deliver a pizza and two masked men wearing hoodies emerge from either side of the house and cock SGNs. LTCer draws and fires 5-6 shots on both. BGs flee. 1st BG, 20 y.o. Cortez Bradley, is caught a block away with wounds to his head and chest when relatives called 911. His 16 y.o cousin texted the family that he had been shot too.
66) 2012 Aug 27; Jacksonville, FL; ~9pm 2 armed BGs, 19 y.o. Aundre Campbell and 22 y.o. Rakeem Odoms, enter a Dollar General store store, hold a clerk and attempt to steal from a cash register. A 57 y.o grandpa LTCer customer pulls his gun and orders them to drop their guns (which turn out to be Airsofts). Odom does not, so LTCer shoots him 3x w/.45, killing him. Campbell flees, but a family member turns him in.
BG Aundre Campbell and deceased BG Rakeem Odems
Last edited by Paladin; 10-20-2013 at 6:16 PM..
67) 2012 Aug 28; San Antonio, TX; Terresa Barron files for divorce and a restraining order against her husband of 18 yrs, Roberto Barron on Aug 22nd. ~10am on the 28th, Terresa was dropping off their daughter when Roberto attacks her, stabbing her in the neck and chest. A bystander w/a LTC draws on the BG and orders him to stop. BG complies.
BG Roberto Barron
68) 2012 Sept 07: Beaumont, TX; ~10pm in Walgreens parking lot, 24 y.o. BG Brian Keith August approaches LTCer from behind, points SGN at his head and demands money. LTCer draws and fires once, hitting BG in the hip. BG flees. Police captured BG.
69) 2012 Oct 19: Milwaukee, WI: BGs Jovan Williams, 18, and Zaire J. Burris, 18 committed armed robbery of a LTCer who complied w/their demands. Williams had a gun against the LTCer's head. When Burris asked for the gun so he could kill the LTCer, the LTCer drew his weapon and shot at both of them, killing Burris. BG Williams was charged with "felony murder" in the death of BG Burris.
video: http://fox6now.com/2012/10/27/teen-c...rigger-on-gun/ (The GG is not being charged, killing is ruled self-defense.)
BG Jovan Williams
70) 2012 Nov 07: Detroit, MI; 2 masked BGs rushed into Adi Avdolli's Coney Island restaurant. The BG with a HGN shot Adi in the shoulder without even asking for money. A 51 y.o. LTCer who's a regular customer opens fire killing that BG. The other BG standing guard at the door fired his SGN grazing the LTCer. The LTCer fired 8 shots total. Evidence links the two BGs to an armed robbery of an AutoZone a hour earlier.
71) 2012 Nov 9: Sapulpa, OK: recent acquaintance 18 y.o. Brittany Sue Carter invites 28 y.o. LTCer Jose Cruz to her Economy Inn room, where 3 accomplices are hiding. When Jose enters, the accomplices emerge, pull a gun and attempt armed robbery. Cruz pulls his own gun and shoots two of them (Justin Marshall, 22, in the leg and LeeDell Kavon Jones, 18, in the abdomen, leg and foot). Brittany and Eric Joseph Courtaway, 21, drop off their injured accomplices at a hospital.
BGal Brittany Sue Carter
72) 2012 Nov 20: Houston, TX: ~10 pm in the parking lot of an apartment cmplx, Mitchell Deon Tucker, 20, Michael Ellis Jones, 23, and a 3rd black male -- 2 of whom were armed with pistols -- tried robbing two men. When the BGs realized the GGs didn't have much money on them and threatened to kill them, the victim who had a LTC pulled out his gun and shot Tucker and Jones. Tucker died a short time later and Jones was hospitalized with critical injuries. The 3rd suspect fled. Neither victim was hurt. The case will go to a grand jury.
73) 2012 Dec 3: Casper, WY: BG enters nail salon ~5:30 pm and asks employee if she wants to buy diamonds. When she says no, he pulls a HGN out of his coat pocket. A customer getting her nails done pulls a HGN out of her purse and the BG flees after seeing it. BG was "black, early 40s, more than 6-foot-4, about 250 pounds and very muscular," yet fled because of a woman with a gun. Handguns are called "equalizers" for a reason.
74) 2012 Dec 9: Lockland, OH: ~3pm Sunday, LTCer parks his car in alley by his workplace. 3 BGs attempt to rob a him at gunpoint. LTCer complies, but then draws his .40 Glock and shoots each one of them once (face, shoulder, lower leg). They flee, but are caught.
75) 2012 Dec 11: Clackamas, OR; 22 y.o. BG Jacob Tyler Roberts enters mall with AR-15 type rifle and proceeds to shoot shoppers, killing 2 and critically injuring a 3rd. When his rifle jams, 22 y.o. LTCer Nick Meli draws his Glock 22 and takes aim, but does not shoot because a shopper is behind the BG. The BG sees Meli aiming his gun at him and flees the area to commit suicide.
deceased BG Jacob Tyler Roberts
76) 2013 Jan 7: Columbus, OH; ~ 9pm 34 y.o. LTCer Kelby Smith was in his driveway with his 2 month old baby in a car carrier when a robber put a gun to his head. The BG took Smith's money but pointed his gun back at Smith and the baby as he left causing Smith to draw and fire his gun. The BG fled, but a man fitting his description soon arrived at a hospital w/a gun shot wound. Article & TV news report at:
77) 2013 Jan 24: Detroit, MI; ~11:30 am, great grandmother Ramona Taylor-Kamate, was riding a bus when a BG attacked her, trying to steal her purse. She fought back but none of the many men on the bus would help her. The BG fled w/her purse w/her hanging on to him. She believed he was reaching for a gun in his boot, so she pulled hers and fired at him 11x. Unknown whether she hit him. http://newsone.com/2164095/ramona-ta...amate-detroit/
78) 2013 Feb 01: Detroit, MI; ~7:30 pm 70 y.o. Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior HS girl's basketball coach (and reserve LEO), was escorting two players to their cars when he was approached by two BGs, one of whom drew a gun and grabbed the coach by his chain necklace. The coach then drew his own gun and shot both BGs, killing 16 y.o. Michael Scott and sending the 15 y.o. to the hospital. Both BGs were students at the HS.
deceased BG Michael Scott
79) 2013 Feb 01: Detroit, MI; in the evening near the 15,000 block of Grand River, just east of Greenfield, a BG attempted to rob an elderly man (LTCer), who shot and killed the BG. (This linked news story focuses primarily on incident #74 above, but mentions this incident towards the end.)
80) 2013 March 10: Ocala, FL; 81 y.o. James Stevens noticed he had been followed for ~20 min as he drove at night, so he stopped his truck in a field and grabbed his S&W revolver. Lonnie Lorenza Hollingsworth Jr., 28 y.o., stopped his car, got out and demanded "everything you got." Stevens fired 4 times, hitting Hollingsworth once in the abdomen. The BG was in critical condition. He has a long rap sheet.
BG Lonnie Lorenza Hollingsworth Jr.
81) 2013 March 12: West Allis, WI; ~4:00am LTCer Charlie Blackmore was driving home from work and saw a large man kicking a downed woman in her head and stomach. He stops and confronts the BG who comes at him, forcing him to draw on the man: "I mean I’ve already made it up in mind that if he came at me I was going to have to take him down and I told him that. I warned him multiple times not to come towards me because he was a big guy and I wasn’t playing around and he didn’t seem like he was playing around." Victim Kathy Sniecinski told Beckwith the BG was her ex-boyfriend, Kenneth Harris, who had been stalking her.
9-1-1 audio w/interview w/CoP and LTCer
the victim's story
LTCer Charlie Blackmore, victim Kathy Sniecinski, and her ex-bf BG Kenneth Harris
82) 2013 March 13: Jericho, NY; just before 10pm, a 66 yo retired LEO working as a cab driver was driving 41 yo BG Donald Canham in Jericho, N.Y. when the BG asked the cabbie how much money he was carrying and directed him to a parking lot. Suspicious, the cabbie parked and ran from the car while trying to call 911. The criminal gave chase, and repeatedly hit the cabbie with an object. The cabbie, authorized to carry as a former law enforcement officer, responded by drawing a pistol and firing at the robber, striking him in the leg. When police arrived, the criminal and the cab driver were taken to a local hospital; neither had life-threatening injuries.
83) 2013 April 08: Oroville, CA: ~3:30 am; LTCer Darin Fowler, victim of 15 burglaries of his Oroville, Calif. store, Air Cooled Unlimited, was sleeping behind his store to catch the thieves. He awoke at the sound of someone breaking thru his fence and drew down on him. BG Dillion Masterson complied with the business owner’s orders to stay put until police arrived. "'As soon as he saw the gun he was very compliant,' he said." Police later found several items from the previous burglaries at Dillion's home and arrested his roommate, Steven Rodrigues. Fowler said, “It was almost closure because now we can relax a little bit now and get back to work.”
BG Dillon Masterson
84) 2013 April 16: Fort Worth, TX; time: afternoon. BG Desmond Paige (age 20 and was on parole after recently serving time for violent crime), used a Craigslist ad to lure a victim for robbery. Victim was a LTCer and drew and fired his gun when attacked. LTCer was shot in hand and arm. BG was shot in chest multiple times and died on scene.
deceased BG Desmond Page pic here: http://mi-cache.legacy.com/legacy/im...h=180&option=1
Last edited by Paladin; 10-19-2013 at 8:44 PM..
85) 2013 April 29: Yuma, AZ; ~ 7pm; Angel Estrada, 21, and his brother approached their victim as he stood in front of a family member's mobile home in the Desert Palms Mobile Home Park. Prosecutor Katz: "They demanded his wallet, when he didn’t comply, they demanded his wallet again. It was at that point that they brandished a weapon and (the victim), himself a gun owner, took out his own .45-caliber weapon. Refusing to be a victim, he fired and struck one of the assailants in the neck." The suspects fled the scene. The victim was not shot and was not injured. The Estradas and Jesus Bernal-Rivas (age 19, the get away driver), were all captured at a local hospital.
BGs Angel Estrada and Jesus Bernal-Rivas
86) 2013 April 30: Oceanside, CA; ~8:30pm; two transients got into a fight near the Rodeway Inn at state Route 76 and Coast Highway. One transient, Bruce Eric Hunt, 52, pulled a large knife and stabbed the other. A LTCer stopped the fight and proned out the BG until LE arrived while witnesses from a nearby restaurant aided the victim. Unfortunately, the victim died of his wounds.
BG Bruce Eric Hunt
87) 2013 May 27: North Houston, TX; in the early morning, robbers break into ACE Cash Express store and wait for employees to arrive. They arrive, but since the safe is on a timer, they could not open it, so BGs flee, but not before one of them is shot by an employee's husband who was in the parking lot.
88) 2013 May 29: Lansing, MI; just before 5pm, 28 yo LTCer was waiting at a bus stop for his daughter to be dropped off. 17 yo Marvell Weaver, riding in a van w/3 friends, targeted him for the "Knock out game," but using a stun gun. Weaver walked pass the LTCer, turned and pressed the stun gun against the LTCer's chest multiple times. It did not discharge despite it working earlier. LTCer thinks he's been stabbed, draws and fires his .40 S&W 1x at BG as he flees. BG gets shot in the buttocks, runs across the street and drops to the ground when his leg goes numb. "'I’m sorry, please don’t kill me, I don’t know why I did that, I’m high you know, I just wanna go home,' the teen told the man who had just shot him."
wounded BG Marvell Weaver
89) 2013 June 05: Youngstown, OH; nighttime, 23 yo LTCer David Ferguson was inside South Avenue Gas Mart when he heard his cousin calling for him from outside the store. LTCer came out and saw two men inside his car, and a third with a gun outside the vehicle firing at Ferguson’s cousin who was crawling on the ground. LTCer drew his 9mm pistol and firing 5x at the carjackers and BGs returned fire and fled. LTCer suffered non-life-threatening wound in his arm and his cousin in his leg.
90) 2013 June 22: Atlanta, GA; ~5:30am, shoppers were waiting outside Wish clothing store in Atlanta, Ga. to purchase a new model of $180 Lebron James sneakers, when a man drew a gun and attempted to rob them. One of the customers, a LTCer, drew his gun and shot the BG killing him. Taylor White, a witness said, “He really stood up for all of us.... I salute the homie that did that.” Police said they will not press charges against the LTCer.
91) 2013 June 26: Mount Pleasant, SC; ~7:20pm two armed robbers entered a Kangaroo convenience store and demanded money from the clerk. Despite the clerk complying with the demand, Markel Jovan Wright fired at the employee while leaving, grazing his arm. A LTCer passerby drew his pistol and confronted the robbers. Deion Watson surrendered. Wright fled but was captured by U.S. Marshals the next day.
LE believes the duo is responsible for a rash of convenience store robberies in the Mount Pleasant area.
BGs Markel Jovan Wright and Deion Watson
92) 2013 July 18: Alameda, CA; ~10:30pm Thursday at the Bonfare Market convenience store, an off-duty 20 yr LEO & SWAT team member was reading a magazine when 2 armed & masked BGs enter the store. Fearing for his and two employees' safety, the LEO drew & fired, killing Laroy Brown, 42, and wounding Marc Traylor, 41, who fled but showed up at a local hospital with a bullet wound. Suspected getaway driver, 41 yo Elbert McBride, was later arrested. All had priors.
93) 2013 July 20: Northeast El Paso, TX; Saturday, ~3:45am, Trevaill Deonte Chacon, 21, and an accomplice used their car to force a 50 yo man driving a black-and-yellow 2010 Camaro to stop. They then got out, one armed a/a gun, and ordered the driver and his 17 yo female passenger out of the car in an attempted carjacking. The driver, a LTCer, threw his car keys away, drew and fired. The BGs fled, but crashed their car. Police caught Chacon running from the scene.
94) 2013 July 29: Cleveland, OH; ~12:30am Monday morning, as 26 yo LTCer Timothy Peak and a woman got into his car in his driveway, 2 masked men wearing gloves approached his car: 23 yo Waymone Williams, armed with a HGN and another man armed w/a crowbar. Williams hit Peak on the head w/his HGN and tried to pull him out of the car, so Peak grabbed a HGN from his car and opened fire, striking Williams multiple times in the torso. Williams fired once, missing Peak, and died right there. Williams was on parole for illegally carrying a concealed handgun. The other BG got away w/the woman's purse.
deceased BG Waymone Williams
95) 2013 Aug 02: Columbus, TX; 2 BGs, 20 yo Jordan Kutach and his brother 21 yo Preston Kutach, broke into a house and held a man, a reserve deputy, at gunpoint. When his wife, a bank employee, arrived home, they forced the couple to drive back to the bank, open the vault, and give them money. As they were driving away from the bank ~7:30pm, the husband drew his HGN and shot both BGs, killing Preston and critically injuring Jordan.
deceased BG Preson Kutach and critically injured BG Jordan Kutach
96) 2013 Aug 03: Lexington, KY; ~9pm an employee of a Marathon gas station confronted 45 yo James Bloom, who was urinating on the side of the building. The BG drew a knife, used racial slurs, and moved towards the employee. The employee, a LTCer, drew his pistol and firing a warning shot into the air, causing the BG to jump and stab himself, requiring medical attention at a nearby hospital. The LTCer wasn't charged; the BG was cited and released.
97) 2013 Aug 08: Houston, TX; ~4am a woman and her family were dining at a Denny’s when a group of six men armed with guns attempted to rob her husband while she was in the restroom. When the woman, a LTCer, exited the restroom and spotted the hold-up, she drew a pistol and exchanged gunfire with the criminals, causing them to flee. The victim’s brother said “Self-defense saved my brother’s life.”
98) 2013 Aug 21: Houston, TX; ~10pm a LTCer was walking to his apartment when he was attacked & bitten by a pit bull dog that had escaped a tenant's apartment. He shot the dog, the dog survived and was taken by its owner to a vet. The LTCer was sent by ambulance to a hospital.
99) 2013 Aug 23: Melbourne, FL; just before midnight, Friday, just after a delivery 54 yo Domino's pizza delivery driver Bryon Park was counting his cash in a Days Inn hotel parking lot when he was approached by 32 yo Fredrick Kelly Jr. armed w/a knife. Kelly demanded the money and threatened to kill Park. Park drew his HGN and fired once, killing Kelly right there. "Investigators said Kelly had a lengthy violent criminal history, which included armed robbery, false imprisonment and aggravated battery."
deceased BG Fredrick Kelly Jr.
100) 2013 Aug 24: Wilmington, NC; a woman was walking to her car when a man she didn't know sneaked up behind her and hit her in the head with a hammer. Police said the BG told the victim he had a gun. A witness fired shots at the BG who then took her purse and fled in a vehicle. The woman was taken to the hospital.
101) 2013 Sept 04: Indianapolis, IN; ~11:30 pm, LTCer Keri Bird came home and parked her car in her driveway. As she got out, she noticed 4 young men, 1 of whom smiled and approached her. He drew a gun and told her to give him her car keys. Keri did, but then drew a HGN out of her car's console and pointed it at him. He said "Oh s---!" and ran and the rest scattered.
Last edited by Paladin; 10-19-2013 at 8:45 PM..
102) 2013 Sept 16: Houston, TX; ~10:30pm on a Sunday 4 people returned from a wake. Three had entered a home, but 1 was still in the driveway and was ambushed by a masked gunman demanding money. The victim shouted "Don't shoot me!" to alert the others. One who is a retired federal agent heard it, returned outside and the two exchanged gunfire (4-5 shots total), hitting the BG in the leg and buttocks. The BG fled in a waiting getaway car, but a suspect matching his description w/2 gunshot wounds showed up at a local hospital.
103) 2013 Sept 18: Ionia, MI; ~6:45pm two men got into a road rage incident. The car in front pulled into a car wash and driver James Pullum, 43, got out, leaving his wife and MIL inside. The car behind also pulled in and driver Robert Taylor, 56, got out and opened fire. Pullum returned fire. They were both LTCers and both died. Who was a BG and who, if any, was a GG is unclear. Investigation ongoing.
104) 2013 Sept 21: Nairobi, Kenya; an estimated 13 Muslim al-Shabaab terrorists attack the Westgate Mall with hand grenades and full-auto AK-47s (real "assault rifles"). They torture, mutilate and murder over 60 civilians, specifically targeting "Westerners" (that's PC code for Whites). In the midst of that, a few law-abiding residents with guns are able to rescue several hundred shoppers. This required some to engage in firefights with the terrorists. Although this occurred outside of the US, this example is worth noting since I believe terrorist attacks like this on "soft targets" will be coming to America.
Note well this ex-Royal Marine (face blurred in pic below, thus thought to be ex-SAS/SBS) is appendix inside the waistband (A-IWB)(in front of his right hip), carrying his gun, a spare magazine is printing in his pant's left front pocket, a barely visible black clip, probably of a folding lockblade knife, is on the outer edge of his right front pant's pocket, and how he's wearing blue jeans with shoes suitable for fight or flight. You can read the horrors he saved these people from at:
105) 2013 Sept 21: Denver, CO; on Sat. morning a suspected bank robber pointed a gun at an off-duty LEO who fired 3x times, killing the BG inside a U.S. Bank branch.
106) 2013 Sept 23: St. Louis, MO; Monday, ~11:15pm after jogging, a 36 yo off-duty deputy and a 23 yo woman friend were walking in Forest Park when a young man walked slowly pass them. The LEO, suspicious, put his duty .40 cal. by his side. As they turned a corner, they were confronted by that man and 2 other BGs: 1 showing a handgun and 2 making it appear they had HGNs in their clothes (all wore hoodies and dark clothes). 20 yo BG Robinson said, "Don't make me kill you." The deputy announced he was a LEO and opened fire. 18 yo Nash was shot 3x in lower abdomen and died. Robinson was shot in the neck and in guarded but stable condition. 20 yo Hunter was shot in his buttocks and was in critical, but stable condition. Nash had not fired his gun. The LEO and woman were unhurt. Both Hunter and Robinson were charged w/second-degree murder (felony murder), attempted robbery, first-degree robbery and armed criminal action.
deceased BG Antonio D. Nash picture at: http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...review-620.jpg
injured BG Jamaal D. Robinson picture at: http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...review-620.jpg
critically injured BG Joshua Hunter picture at: http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...review-620.jpg
107) 2013 Sept 24: Maple Valley, WA; just after midnight, 27 y.o. BG Blake Moore, driving a stolen Honda w/his girlfriend (arrested at the scene on an outstanding burglary warrant), was attempting to break into a pickup truck parked on the street by the owner's house when the owner came out to walk his dog. A confrontation ensued, guns were drawn, many shots exchanged and the owner, a former Marine and LTCer, killed the BG. The BG used a .45 while the LTCer used a 9mm. LE believed the shooting justified.
deceased BG Blake Moore's picture in TV news report video at link above
108) 2013 Sept 26: New Orleans, LA; ~9pm, Thurs, a man and a woman were walking to a car in a residential neighborhood when approached by 3 BGs, at least 2 of whom were armed. The BGs told the victims to get on the ground. The man, who was Openly Carrying, pushed the woman to the ground to get her out of harm's way as he drew his HGN and fired 2 warning shots. The 3 BGs fled. Evidence led police to arrest 18 yo Aaron Smith and 17 yo Hakeem Carter on two counts of attempted armed robbery. Police are looking for the 3rd BG, an African-American male with a tall build and thin long dreadlocks with bleached tips.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...s_thwarte.html (note how these last 2 reports censor race from the police's description of the 3rd BG whereas the 1st two articles give the suspect's entire description)
BGs Aaron Smith and Hakeem Carter
109) 2013 Oct 03: Independence, MO; ~4pm BGal Stephanie M. Mickelson, 41, and BG Michael A. Swatosh, 34, were stripping a farmhouse of its copper wiring when the son of the owner came home, spotted the BGs hiding in bushes, and ordered them to stop. They fled in a vehicle, trying to run him down in the process. He shot 2x at the vehicle, one shot breaking a window and hitting the BGal. BG dropped her off at a hospital, but LEOs spotted the car racing away, pursued it, BG crashed and was apprehended. Both charged w/1 count of 1st degree burglary.
BG Michael Swatosh's and injured BGal Stephanie Mickelson's pictures at: http://batescountynewswire.blogspot....8_archive.html
110) 2013 Oct 05: Phoenix, AZ: ~10pm Saturday, GG (security guard) came home, saw lights on in his home, grabbed a HGN he keeps in his truck, entered the already opened side door, and was confronted by a burglar, 22 y.o. Aaron Fisher, in his bedroom. GG fired 1x, killing the BG. Fisher had a record of burglary and selling stolen goods. (This is another example of why you should EDC: you never know when you'll come home and find a BG there.)
deceased BG Aaron Fisher
111) 2013 Oct 06: Hattiesburg, MS; early Sunday morning, GG stopped at a stop sign and was confronted by two BGs on foot who attempt to rob him. GG shot both BGs, killing 21 yo John Donaldson. Other BG is expected to live. No charges filed against GG, but it will be presented to a grand jury.
112) 2013 Oct 09: Concord, NC; ~9 am Monday, Gary Spencer and his wife, both LTCers, went to a bank after dropping their son off at school. Gary waited in their vehicle while his wife made a deposit. About a minute later, Gary noticed a skinny white man and stocky black man wrestling in front of the bank. He then heard the crackling sound of a stun gun and realized they were fighting over a red money bag (containing $5,000 the victim had withdrawn). He got his wife's Kel-Tec .380 out of her purse, chambered a round as he ran to the fight, and called out "stop, I have a gun." The suspect put the stun gun down and ran to his getaway vehicle. Witnesses got the license plate (car was stolen). Suspect is described as a "black male, about 5 feet 7, in his mid-30s with a stocky build." Gary said "a gun can change the whole thing around" since, according to the article, "the suspect was a large man, and it would have been hard to bring him down with brute strength."
Incidents to be added:
In EVERY case, the LTCer did NOT know they'd need a gun that day. There was no specific threat they could articulate to an issuing authority to justify having to carry a handgun that day. In other words, the sheriffs of CA's major urban counties believe they had no "Good Cause" for carrying a handgun the very day they needed it. Plus, since the LTCer themselves didn't know they'd need to carry that day, this shows the importance of EDCing (Every Day Carrying), even if it is only a .380 or a small .38 in a pocket holster. Carrying a gun is like putting on a seat belt, bicycle or skiing helmet, or a life jacket: you hope you'll never need it, but if you do, there's really no substitute.
Notes to self: add info re. (1) # shots fired by LTCer, if known; (2) need for reloads; (3) guns malfxning; (4) note # of LTCers who "won" vs "lost" the confrontation. (5) Add more details from original articles/videos before the links die. (6) Did fight involve H2H combat? (7) Did BGs stand their ground and fight back, or shoot as they fled, or merely flee? (8) Was LTCer charged or convicted of any crime? (9) Distance of confrontation/shots?
Last edited by Paladin; 11-27-2013 at 1:36 PM..
Could not agree more. There are times when I consider not carrying because of inconvenience or something but I always think to myself, could this be the day I need it. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Life could hang in the balance or that of my family. So I carry at ALL times possible. No excuses.
I'm in the process of pursuing a CCW...perhaps this thread will help to get my wife on board with the decision. At this point, she's not 100% behind it.
~Illegitimi non carborundum
~Know guns, know peace. No guns, no peace.
I spent a LOT of time this weekend tracking down almost 20 more incidents, so the total is now 80!
Added a bunch of links, pix of BGs, and YouTubes to give CGNers a better idea of what happens in real life vs theory.
You will note that in NONE of these cases did the fears the antis promote occur (e.g., BG will disarm you; BG will use your gun against you; you will hit innocent people; your bullet will go thru BG and hit innocent people).
Also, IIRC, in none of the new incidents did the LTCer have a reason to think they'd need their HGN that day, which just drives home the point of the need to carry, at least something, every day.
Share this list with friends or family who say they've never heard about LTCers in the news, or that you'll never need a gun and are paranoid (or worse), if you want carry one.
Last edited by Paladin; 11-28-2013 at 3:15 AM..
Thank you for compiling the list. These are good.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up.
Great write up ! Only if the main stream media news could talk about this. I'd be referring back to this to those who argue gun control
WTS: Mossberg RARE Bullpup / 930 SPX / SUREFIRE 500 / Vepr AK74 20" fluted DMR
WTS:NiB coated XDS 45 CCW, M&P Shield, (Inland Empire)
FS: Saiga Vepr 12 barrel shroud / PSL 1911 pink carbon grip / G3 Cetme MP5 lower
WTS: Plate carrier load bearing / BLACKHAWK Load-Out Bag Wheeled / SIG rifle bag 36"
WTS: 7n6 5.45x39 spam cans / Crates IE area Riverside San Bernardino
Giving this a bump since I'm now up to 95 LTC incidents.
Since I ran into the limit on # of pictures per post, I've switched a couple from displaying the image of the BG/s to having a link to the image.
Pass this along to family, friends, and coworkers who say carrying is paranoid or stupid because they never hear about people who carry ever using their guns to protect lives.
Post this link on other forums/websites so that other Good Guys/Gals will be motivated to fight for Right to Carry and then get their permits and actually carry. The more LTCers there are, the safer we all will be.
If you ever need the link to this thread, it is in my sig line. Feel free to add it to your sig line too.
Last edited by Paladin; 08-31-2013 at 3:54 PM..
If you are saying this because there are so many black male BGs, I have listed ALL the CCW incidents I have come across and gotten pix of the BGs for as many as I could find on the web. I have not selected for incidents w/black male BGs, nor selected against incidents w/non-black male BGs. The BGs are who the BGs are and should not be surprising if you've thoroughly familiarized yourself with the stunning facts presented in the first 23 minutes of:
As a matter of fact, since I've been bumping into this forum's software's limit for # of images per posting, I've had to remove images of BGs and just provide links. If you click thru the links to pictures of BGs, in almost all of those cases you'll see I've removed images of black males. I figure if the TV show COPS practices reverse racism to make minorities look better (and whites look worse?), so should I.... http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/cops-w...v-preview-wdn/
Last edited by Paladin; 10-18-2013 at 10:48 PM..
You just gave all of us 100 rounds of ammunition to use against anti-2A ignorance. Thank you sir.
I will be linking your thread to many of my liberal-progressive friends. You will be responsible for many, many heads exploding.
I had included it because I wanted to honestly say that I included every CCW incident that I heard of, but now I see that incident confuses the issue. The purpose behind my list is to show folks when CCWers (and off-duty/retired LEOs and even a couple of OCers), used guns to save lives. It is not intended to show whether CCWers are more or less law-abiding/criminally oriented than either the general public or LEOs. My list was for folks to use in figuring out what they think they should carry given what has happened when CCWers in the past saved lives.
Last edited by Paladin; 10-20-2013 at 6:24 PM..