Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 07-21-2012, 5:28 PM

Default New Here

Hello forum,

I am in Northern Ca and am new to the forums and new to being a handgun owner. I'm new to almost everything regarding guns. I am in the midst of purchasing a Sig P238 and this will be what is on my CCW permit. Once I receive my Sig, I will do my 16 hour class then complete my permit.

I am more excited than I expected to be and 10 years ago I would have never thought I would be a gun owner or permitted to carry concealed. I am very serious and completely understand the huge responsibility involved with owning a weapon, which is why it's taken me so long to get to this point. I have promised myself and my hubby that i will be at the range often . There are many reasons why I am at this point now, primarily protection of myself and my children.

I am sure I will have many questions as time goes on. For now, Hello everyone!
Old 07-21-2012, 6:42 PM

Welcome
Old 07-21-2012, 7:36 PM

LdyApxr Well, first things first. Take your HSC test(I think it's $25). Rent different guns so you know what you like.

Apply for the CCW as soon as possible as it can take a wait. Where do you live? Hubby, son and I have a pretty wide variety of firearms and we generally shoot at Center Mass in Vacaville. If you're close, let us know.

Thank you and I am not too far. I've rented and shot several guns. I have already completed most of my CCW. The wait period is on for my sig. Hubby is well versed with firearms but it is new to me. I was always nervous around them, so I am overcoming that with experience and education.

Thank you very much for your reply. What do you firearms do you enjoy shooting?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacRN View Post
LdyApxr Well, first things first. Take your HSC test(I think it's $25). Rent different guns so you know what you like.

Apply for the CCW as soon as possible as it can take a wait. Where do you live? Hubby, son and I have a pretty wide variety of firearms and we generally shoot at Center Mass in Vacaville. If you're close, let us know.

Thank you and I am not too far. I've rented and shot several guns. I have already completed most of my CCW. The wait period is on for my sig. Hubby is well versed with firearms but it is new to me. I was always nervous around them, so I am overcoming that with experience and education.

Thank you very much for your reply. What do you firearms do you enjoy shooting?
Sorry to dip into the ladies' forum...

Something I've heard at my range frequently: Never let your husband, boyfriend, or father teach you how to shoot. Supposedly it always causes trouble and bad feelings.

When my wife grabs a gun, I have to shoot from the bench which is furthest away.

Good luck on your journey!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome
Old 07-22-2012, 7:30 AM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

welcome to calguns' Ladies Forum: as you can tell there are men that chime in here from time to time, too.

you've said something important that i think gets overlooked lots of times: gunownership IS a great responsibility. those that acknowledge that are, i think, the best of gun owners.

welcome!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 07-22-2012, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome, SacRN! And Congratulations on the CCW and your new SIG.

"Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
They've need to show that they can think at all;
Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Welcome. I also am from NorCal, but Upper NorCal if you are Sac. Just got my CCW, it wasn't that difficult, and I recently split sheets after 34 years so having my little friend along for the ride has been really reassuring.

I know that I haven't met anyone at any range that is rude. Everyone is cool. Of course you are carrying a loaded weapon... that might have something to do with the everyoness Miss Manners.

Welcome.

Teresa
Old 08-22-2012, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post

Something I've heard at my range frequently: Never let your husband, boyfriend, or father teach you how to shoot. Supposedly it always causes trouble and bad feelings.

When my wife grabs a gun, I have to shoot from the bench which is furthest away.

I totally agree. This is just asking for trouble, to let a SO teach you to shoot, drive, play golf, etc.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-23-2012, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post

We're not that way at all. DH has re-introduced me to shooting, helps me with my stance, shoots next to me and is often my range officer. We have a blast together.
Old 08-23-2012, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRazz View Post
We're not that way at all. DH has re-introduced me to shooting, helps me with my stance, shoots next to me and is often my range officer. We have a blast together.
Well, every marriage is different, SacRN. Do what you're comfortable with, but don't let him run you over. You probably wouldn't anyway....
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 08-23-2012, 8:08 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

never fear re MrRazz & MrsRazz: they are the exception to the rule!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt