Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 10-31-2012, 8:59 AM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.
Default Private personal notes in User CP or Profile

Hi all,

Wondered if there was a way to keep/ save personal notes in the User CP?

I was going through my PM's to delete some and realized I'd like to save some notes about people who've helped me over my course of time here or just keep some notes about things I'd like to remember.

Easy enough to save the PM's, but thought it'd be cool to have a text block or something where I could type some personal notes that only I could read.

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché
Old 10-31-2012, 1:50 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
Hi all,

Wondered if there was a way to keep/ save personal notes in the User CP?

I was going through my PM's to delete some and realized I'd like to save some notes about people who've helped me over my course of time here or just keep some notes about things I'd like to remember.

Easy enough to save the PM's, but thought it'd be cool to have a text block or something where I could type some personal notes that only I could read.
you can create folders to organize... then forward the individual PMs to yourself with the notes you want.

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
I'm outa here!!! Less than two week countdown - See Ya CA (you slimeball of a state)... Good luck CGN Brothers
Old 10-31-2012, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

copy/paste them to your notepad and save it on your computer
Old 10-31-2012, 5:16 PM

At the bottom line, right, of your Message screen (Sent or Received) there is a drop down meunu for "Selected Messages" that allows you to save selected messages as XML, CSV or Text. (click "Move to Folder...")

My method: Select your message (check box at far right) and select "Move to Folder ..." "Download as Text" and I save it to a file on my desktop.

There is also the option at the far bottom, right, to save all messages as XML, CSV or Text - you can use this after you purge unwanted messages to keep a backup.
Old 11-01-2012, 9:54 AM

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Thanks. I'd like to have something within Calguns so the option to Edit folders in my profile may work.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Sure - that's another option. I've created several folders for specific areas of interest & moved messages to keep similar items grouped.

I think, however, these messages still count toward you're total allowed within CGN.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
Sure - that's another option. I've created several folders for specific areas of interest & moved messages to keep similar items grouped.

I think, however, these messages still count toward you're total allowed within CGN.
I think you're right. Luckily, the Contributor status affords me quite a few more PM's (something like 65,000 and change). It's not so much a space issue, it's more of a convenience thing.

Thanks for the input.