Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-04-2012, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute2Shoot View Post
hi sakiri well i don't have anywhere near DD's but it's not the actual boobs themselves...it is by where your ribs meet your shoulders that is where it hurts...which makes me wonder if u are really a girl....since most girls would kno that! It's not like i'm the only girl who has had this problem.. It is not the breast tissue per-say that is sore....

So maybe big boobs make it better to shoot a shotgun and i'm just not 'blessed' in that way! LOL!

and for all those who say i'm not shooting the 'proper' shotgun....i don't own one and have only ever shot my friends' ones before.....and I would NEVER buy a shotgun, because IMO, it is really a pointless gun. I mean of course it would kill somebody but it isn't really 'accurate' like how an AR is or a 1911!
I've been carrying these huge things since I was around 16(I Swear to God they inflated overnight ) and have had no issues with shotguns. I *did* have issues with the bf's .223 but the stock is just too long. I'm 5'4" and have to really pay attention to what I'm trying to shoot.

Your ribs never actually meet your shoulders. The bone up top that meets your shoulder that goes across the front of you along the top there is actually your collarbone, or clavicle. Your ribs sit lower.

When I'm shouldering a shotgun or rifle I have the butt of the stock in the muscle above the breast, and below the clavicle. If you point your elbow at a 90 degree angle and lift your arm straight up in front of you so your upper arm is at a 90 degree from your body, the butt sits right up next to your bicep in that big fat, flat chest muscle. If it sits on a bone, you can crack your clavicle or dislocate your shoulder if it's too far off to the side.

To fit a shotgun, you want to put the butt of the stock in the crook of your arm at the elbow and reach around with your fingers to the trigger guard. If you can comfortably put your finger in the trigger guard and pull it without moving your wrist, it fits. If your wrist is bent, it's too small, and if you have to stretch, it's too long.

Both can be rectified easily.

Yes, the recoil can bruise that muscle if you're not used to it or using a gun that isn't fit too well. I found that out the hard way. I found at least its an easy spot to put ice on and doesn't interfere with other stuff with that arm(I'm right hand dominant and shoot on my right shoulder). It can take a bit of practice.
Old 09-04-2012, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakiri View Post
As a female with a DD/E chest
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cute2Shoot View Post
hi sakiri well i don't have anywhere near DD's

So maybe big boobs make it better to shoot a shotgun and i'm just not 'blessed' in that way! LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakiri View Post
I've been carrying these huge things since I was around 16(I Swear to God they inflated overnight
Well congratulations to you Sakiri, and don't worry 2cute, you're young. Yours may still come in......wait....Why are women discussing their breasts on Calguns? What forum did I stumble into?

I breastfed two kids, so although my husband and I like to consider mine 'pert' for what they've been through, if I'm going to be asked to whip 'em out anytime soon, I think I'd better hand in my calguns membership now.

Last edited by babe; 09-04-2012 at 6:03 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 6:27 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

ok, i know i said i don't like pink....but i so love babe's avatar!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 09-23-2012, 6:13 PM

2Cute, but you need a shotgun to participate in 3-gun matches. Let me tell you, those are great. So, you might want to reconsider a shotgun purchase. Selecting a stock to help take up some recoil is very important. And a red dot won't hurt. (I know, I know, not pure, if you put a red dot on it.)
Old 09-24-2012, 6:22 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not sure that this was brought up yet, but if you get a basic 12 gauge reloader, like a 600 Jr, there are very light, low recoil recipes for shells that you could make up yourself. With the proper powder, shot, wad combination, you could turn that 870 into nearly a pop gun. You can load ammo with shot loads as low as 3/4 oz @ 1150-1200 fps which is in the realm of 28 gauge ballistics.

Once technique is learned, you could step up loads until she gets to a point of regular target loads and then you can choose to sell the press or continue to load your own ammo.
Old 09-24-2012, 8:26 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

interesting.
for those that don't "load" ourselves, sargenv, can such low recoil shells be purchased? obviously, i don't know much re shotguns but i too am considering a purchase......

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 09-24-2012, 9:56 AM

You don't 'aim' a shotgun, you point it. (so it can't really be 'pointless' )

And the LEOs who carry them don't think they are useless. They're not for accuracy, they're for takedown power.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharxbyte View Post

At first I thought that was a boney gal hahahaa
Old 09-24-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onequickshift View Post
At first I thought that was a boney gal hahahaa
Oh, fer petesake, it's an AIR rifle ! Looking all tactical. Scope and all. I AM rolling on the floor laughing.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-24-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Old 09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

air rifles can kill. seriously. they can take down big game. probably next on the list to be regulated, permitted, taxed, etc.

Gun Control:
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
The first thing to do is to get the gun fit to her. If the LOP is too long for her, she will never be able to shoulder it properly and will experience excessive perceived recoil.
X2
My wife is barely 5'2" with boots on, and dd's. She used to get beat up shooting slugs. She tried my 870 with the Enidine stock and it made shooting tolerable. Shortened the LOP up to where it felt too short, and now loves it. She says shortening the LOP made more of a difference then the hydro buffer.
Old 09-25-2012, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

I've seen low recoil shotgun ammo made up for cowboy action shooters.. the data on the box claimed 1 ounce of 8's at 980 fps. They are made by Winchester.. Occasionally you can also find light recoil 7/8 oz loads made by Winchester and I think Fiocchi.. International skeet loads are 7/8 oz but usually are in the 1350 fps range, which are still lighter feeling recoil wise, at least to me, than your regular 2 3/4 dram - 1 1/8 oz loads..
Old 09-26-2012, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
air rifles can kill. seriously. they can take down big game. probably next on the list to be regulated, permitted, taxed, etc.
Too late for LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.