Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 07-03-2012, 6:18 PM

Default Remington 1903-A3 Sporter

This is my one and only hunting rifle, my grandpa's 03-A3. He was not issued this; he was a Navy medic during WWII and he bought this from the military before being discharged. He used it once or twice to hunt deer and would take it to the range sometimes but otherwise it sat in a closet for over forty years. My grandpa passed away and my uncle got it. My uncle isn't into hunting or shooting and had no use for it, so when I became obsessed with big game hunting he happily handed it down to me. I have brought it up to hunting specs with the additions of a strap, era-appropriate cheek rest, recoil pad, scope mount, and Nikon camo scope. Nothing was drilled for the scope mount so I easily bring it back to original specs anytime I want. I also got a bayonet and bayonet mount but can't for the life of me get the front sight small pin out, so the bayonet will have to wait for the time being. Here she is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-03 02.37.47.jpg (92.8 KB, 96 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 4:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Nice, keep it in the family!
Old 07-05-2012, 6:43 AM
Veteran Member

I believe you will have to graft some wood to the front of the stock to attach the bayonet lug. If done right it will be almost undetectable.