Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

View Poll Results: Have you signed or donated or sent this to a friend?
HELL YES I HAVE! 654 97.18%
There is "NO" Option if you are California Shooter? Just get it DONE! 19 2.82%
Voters: 673. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Mac7504's Avatar
Mac7504 Mac7504 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 749
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Can't believe sb1315 passed...hope Brown Will veto it..
__________________
http://www.superchevy.com/features/c...s/viewall.html

Before mods, and other goodies...
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 08-15-2012, 9:36 PM
D-FORCE D-FORCE is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Danville, CA (East Bay)
Posts: 35
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I called Vice Chair Diane Harkeys office this evening and was informed SB249 was chaired and off the table for the 2012 session. Are others hearing the same?
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 08-15-2012, 9:40 PM
Mac7504's Avatar
Mac7504 Mac7504 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 749
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-FORCE View Post
I called Vice Chair Diane Harkeys office this evening and was informed SB249 was chaired and off the table for the 2012 session. Are others hearing the same?
I read the same.
__________________
http://www.superchevy.com/features/c...s/viewall.html

Before mods, and other goodies...
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 08-15-2012, 9:42 PM
jetspeedz jetspeedz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SCV
Posts: 377
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

if this is the case and worst case scenario it does get passes it will not go into law until Jan 2014 I suspect?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

Clint Beyer, Clark Carbon Fiber Handguard, Mega Arms Billet GTR-3H Lower & Billet Upper &Mega Grip + trigger, Ace M4 SOCOM Stock, 1911 Cyliner & Slide Ultra II trigger kit ,EGW bushings & flgr conversion, Sightron III 10-50x60 & Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 Scope, Demon Tactical Quick Pin & Comp Brake, Young Manufacturing Inc National Match Bolt Carrier Chrome, American Defense Quick Disconnect Mount, Midwest Industries SS, JP Muzzle Brake,CMC Trigger
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 08-16-2012, 2:34 AM
pennys dad's Avatar
pennys dad pennys dad is offline
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 5,725
iTrader: 184 / 100%
Default

it is back on
__________________
Warmest Regards

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”

Last edited by pennys dad; 08-16-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 AM
pennys dad's Avatar
pennys dad pennys dad is offline
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 5,725
iTrader: 184 / 100%
Default

Community Action "Thursday" - Fight Back Against SB249
Use this link CALGUNS SB249 Page for Talking points to Fax (SB249)-Call-Email-Fax-Hit Them with everything

Lets Hammer them!

Community Action "Thursday" - Fight Back Against SB249
__________________
Warmest Regards

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 AM
oldironpants oldironpants is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CAtatonic State
Posts: 65
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It doesn't mean it's dead completely, just dead for this year. This from the SacBee:

Quote:

August 15, 2012

Leland Yee bill targeting military-style guns dies in committee


Legislation aimed at closing a legal "loophole" allowing owners of military-style guns to sidestep the state's assault weapons ban has died in the Assembly Appropriations Committee.

Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, said the appropriations committee has decided not to hear Senate Bill 249 on Thursday, when it must decide which bills reach the Assembly floor for a vote before lawmakers adjourn for the year Aug. 31.

SB 249 would ban devices that allow magazines of ammunition to be reloaded so quickly that semiautomatic firearms can be fired almost like assault weapons, releasing dozens of bullets within seconds, Yee said.

Yee's bill comes in the wake of mass murders in Colorado and Wisconsin that he says have generated momentum for a crackdown.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...#storylink=cpy

Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
jetspeedz jetspeedz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SCV
Posts: 377
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

This is a temporary win for the good guys.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

Clint Beyer, Clark Carbon Fiber Handguard, Mega Arms Billet GTR-3H Lower & Billet Upper &Mega Grip + trigger, Ace M4 SOCOM Stock, 1911 Cyliner & Slide Ultra II trigger kit ,EGW bushings & flgr conversion, Sightron III 10-50x60 & Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 Scope, Demon Tactical Quick Pin & Comp Brake, Young Manufacturing Inc National Match Bolt Carrier Chrome, American Defense Quick Disconnect Mount, Midwest Industries SS, JP Muzzle Brake,CMC Trigger
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 08-16-2012, 1:14 PM
GFRGFR GFRGFR is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I am seeing tweets that SB249 didn't get heard by the Appropriations committee and that it won't be heard now because they have closed all new business. I note that it is still listed on the list of hearings, although that may be because the list hasn't been updated.

Does anybody know for sure?

Also, can it be heard tomorrow?
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 08-16-2012, 1:29 PM
RoundEye's Avatar
RoundEye RoundEye is offline
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northridge
Posts: 2,644
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFRGFR View Post
I am seeing tweets that SB249 didn't get heard by the Appropriations committee and that it won't be heard now because they have closed all new business. I note that it is still listed on the list of hearings, although that may be because the list hasn't been updated.

Does anybody know for sure?

Also, can it be heard tomorrow?
My understanding is te Yee is in there with tr the committee chair lobbying to get it heard. Even if it doesn't get to the committee today it can always be brought to te senate floor by waiver between now and te end of the month when the legislative session ends.

Basically they're no rules!!!
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 08-16-2012, 2:21 PM
ST22's Avatar
ST22 ST22 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 213
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default The quote out of the SacBee

That quote out of the SacBee has got me a little pissed. a loophole to sidestep California's assault weapons ban?

The language seriously needs to be cleaned up when they speak like that. Unfortunate they can spin it that way to sound like an illegal action is being taken. Newpapers are good for one thing...and I'll leave it at that as I'm getting more worked up thinking about it again...
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 08-16-2012, 6:31 PM
Mac7504's Avatar
Mac7504 Mac7504 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 749
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Wow, just wow...No rules indeed.
__________________
http://www.superchevy.com/features/c...s/viewall.html

Before mods, and other goodies...
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:01 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prob View Post
It's nice that you're going to donate to help fight SB249, but let's be perfectly honest here, this problem exists precisely because of the products you market. How could anyone behind the research and development of this "tool" not figure out that it was going to come under fire? It is an obvious attempt to get around the bullet button rule that, up until now, had been pretty bullet proof. Now, because of the poor judgement of a few vendors who apparently don't have the foresight to see how their products affect the entire shooting community, we're all under fire.

How could you be so dense?

And before you accuse me of being a shill for the likes of Sen Yee, you need to know that I've been shooting and collecting guns long before most of the people who post on this forum were born. Do I like the bullet button? No. In fact I can't stand it, but were it not for the great guys behind Calguns, most of us would never have been able to even think about owning an AR15, an AK variant, or whatever it may happen to be that makes liberal democrats quake in their boots.

And then you guys came along to screw things up. So great, you're donating a pittance so we can fight one of the biggest legislative battles we've encountered in a long time. A fight that would never have come about were it not for you.

Thanks for nothing.
Been really busy lately and have not had a chance to review post till now so here it goes. I see my money is welcome but our product isn't. I see and understand your dilemma and I'm sorry you feel that our product (as well as others like mine) is the cause of the problem but to be honest, I just started this product aprox. 5 months ago and really did not see it causing this kind of problem. We always explain to our customers the proper use of our product and perhaps that’s not enough but in the end the use of our product is the responsibility of the owner just like owning a gun takes responsibility.

But to resort to name calling and slander for this type of product I think is a serious lack of professionalism. I came here with an open mind and really like what Calguns does for us and my intensions were not to cause problems. Poor judgment on the ramifications with the product we make perhaps, but intentionally trying to cause a problem, no. Perhaps your time and experience with firearms has made you a valiant gun owner but I hardly think it entitles you God of the Guns.

If our founding fathers felt as you do about a good fight then I guess this country would have never been founded and we would still be under British rule today. I hear, why fight they just do what they want… bla bla bla bla. But if we don’t fight who will? They continue to write legislation that continually removes our freedoms and people do nothing but stand by and say stupid things like, why vote it doesn’t matter anyway. I will continue to fight for what I believe in. I will not just lie down and let things progress into a socialistic society, but in the end if it happens to be that way, at least I know that I did my best to fight for what is right. SB249 is frivolous and is a waste of tax payers’ dollars (which we don’t have) and the committee’s time. There are many people out there that feel the same about SB249; from all walks of life; attorneys, law enforcement, military, and many others, are they wrong for wanting a more convenient way to release the magazine from THEIR AR15s’? We are those voices and it’s our job to speak out.

“Once voice can make a difference but, it takes many voices to make change.” -- James Pedregon.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:05 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esp1 View Post
What a pathetic attempt at self promotion. . still trying to make money off everyone. . . . .GET OFF OUR FORUM !
Lol, ya maybe I went to far with the link but I am still learning forum edicate. You dont like it, dont buy it.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:13 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6vmo View Post
$100 per gun show...what a crock.
lol, dont forget pins too. Well what do you want for a 2 man company with bills to pay and kids to feed? You sound like one of the people that think just cause a person has a business they are overwhelmingly rich. Well we're not, just trying to survive like everyone else in this world.

Besides all that I hardly dought Calguns will turn down our donations.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:17 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino View Post
I was thinking maybe we should create even more laws banning mental illness and any & all criminal activities along with SB249 - that will certainly stop the folks bent on doing hideous acts and make me feel really good too!. I am absolutely positive SB249 will stop the schizophrenics in their tracks and prevent them from acquiring illegal firearms and murder knowing that they are breaking yet another law.
Nice like the sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:18 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
. . . .

My bad...
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:24 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesb View Post
I wonder if it is possible to organize gun shops and individuals at gun ranges and gun shows to just have a laptop available for people to sign the online petition? I would imagine, though, most people would not want to be hassled either. Like most people try to avoid signing a petition outside stores.
Good idea about the laptop. But saddly enough your right about people avoiding petitions. My family and I will sign (after reading and researching) the issue if deemed appropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:32 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
In the worst case scenario of SB249 passing, if or when will it be appealed to the Supreme Court? This is serious folks. More has to be done to educate and inform gun-owners and non-gun owners of the impact of taking away yet another freedom. Other gun owners from different States think California is a joke and that a similar bill can't come to there State. I say, first they came for us, then they came for you.

This issue really needs to be brought before the National media in such away that all sides can examine and thoroughly discuss the impact of such a bill on the 2nd Amendment. Of course this whole idea of slowing a magazine swap out or restricting magazine capacity to save lives is ridicules to begin with. What about the first 10 rounds that go out? Better yet, most madmen bent on carrying out such destruction will most likely be carrying several weapons. SB249 is yet another emotional response to put a band- aid on societies ills.

With all that said, SB249 is a direct assault on the 2nd Amendment and should be put down in such ridicule that know one would dare try to pass something as so stupid and irresponsible in the first place.

Time is short people. Get involved. The fight is on now.
Well put, there is something else that needs to be addressed with the whole idea of the removal of the button and forcing a fix magazine. What happens when you get a jam with the rifle? Are you not suppose to release the mag so you can relieve the jam? (EDIT) Just saying, I would hate to have to gun fire while I am removing the pin to swing the barrel up to relieve the jam? As you said the who idea is for crap and should of never been passed to begin with. The fight to me seems to be made more complicated that is should be. I am no attorney but I think if I was presenting a defence for this it would be something like this, "Your honor, I would like to place a loaded gun here for observation. Over the course of 1 month let's see how many people it will hurt. No human interaction, just the weapon. Logic will show the old saying to be true and factual. "Guns don't kill people, it's people that kill people.""

Last edited by tacmag_pro; 08-16-2012 at 7:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 08-16-2012, 7:50 PM
jimmer46 jimmer46 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Bullet Button & Crime

Are there any statistics as to how many time a bullet button equipped rifle has been used in a crime?

If it is zero or almost zero, what was the pretext for banning it?
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 08-17-2012, 8:17 AM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PAULestine, USA
Posts: 3,822
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmag_pro View Post
Been really busy lately and have not had a chance to review post till now so here it goes. I see my money is welcome but our product isn't. I see and understand your dilemma and I'm sorry you feel that our product (as well as others like mine) is the cause of the problem but to be honest, I just started this product aprox. 5 months ago and really did not see it causing this kind of problem. We always explain to our customers the proper use of our product and perhaps that’s not enough but in the end the use of our product is the responsibility of the owner just like owning a gun takes responsibility.

But to resort to name calling and slander for this type of product I think is a serious lack of professionalism. I came here with an open mind and really like what Calguns does for us and my intensions were not to cause problems. Poor judgment on the ramifications with the product we make perhaps, but intentionally trying to cause a problem, no. Perhaps your time and experience with firearms has made you a valiant gun owner but I hardly think it entitles you God of the Guns.

If our founding fathers felt as you do about a good fight then I guess this country would have never been founded and we would still be under British rule today. I hear, why fight they just do what they want… bla bla bla bla. But if we don’t fight who will? They continue to write legislation that continually removes our freedoms and people do nothing but stand by and say stupid things like, why vote it doesn’t matter anyway. I will continue to fight for what I believe in. I will not just lie down and let things progress into a socialistic society, but in the end if it happens to be that way, at least I know that I did my best to fight for what is right. SB249 is frivolous and is a waste of tax payers’ dollars (which we don’t have) and the committee’s time. There are many people out there that feel the same about SB249; from all walks of life; attorneys, law enforcement, military, and many others, are they wrong for wanting a more convenient way to release the magazine from THEIR AR15s’? We are those voices and it’s our job to speak out.

“Once voice can make a difference but, it takes many voices to make change.” -- James Pedregon.
+1.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Whiterabbit Whiterabbit is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 5,768
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

I should report though it be late, that my EMAIL to my representative was responded to with a hand signed letter to my house. If they had the time and resources to do this for all their constituents, they probably didn't get all that much communication.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 AM
JNunez23's Avatar
JNunez23 JNunez23 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks
Posts: 2,785
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I'm am thankful for those who do speak up.
http://www.turners.com/engage/events...niff_sb249.php
Wow, that is a great letter. Too bad the people with actual leverage do not have the guts to do what Sheriff Sniff did.
__________________
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:54 AM
tacticalcity's Avatar
tacticalcity tacticalcity is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 8,813
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

So what happened with this? The "updated" info on the first post is outdated. Last I read this was supposed to be heard on the 18th of this month. It is now the 21st. So lots of noise leading upto now...then silence???
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
tacticalcity's Avatar
tacticalcity tacticalcity is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 8,813
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Guess I answered my own question...

Found a post where Kes is thanking everybody. No specifics, but the logical conclusion is SB249 is no longer a threat.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...87&postcount=1
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 08-21-2012, 2:00 PM
lear60man's Avatar
lear60man lear60man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Socal
Posts: 918
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post
Guess I answered my own question...

Found a post where Kes is thanking everybody. No specifics, but the logical conclusion is SB249 is no longer a threat.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...87&postcount=1
No longer a threat......this year. The consensus is that it will return next year unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 08-21-2012, 2:20 PM
geeknow geeknow is offline
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,163
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

My issue is, and always has been, with the folks at 'mag magnet' who, at EVERY gun show deceptively market their product.

How, you say?

Simple, by demonstrating their 'product' on featureless rifles (upon which no BB is required at all).

Here on CGN, most, if not all are savvy enough to understand the subtle (yet very significant) differences between 'featured' and 'featureless'.

To the 'average person' strolling the isles an AR is an AR.

As a steward of the 2A, I feel it my responsibility to promote the truth and to dispel FUD when encountered. Maybe it sound grandiose, but it's the truth.

When these same individuals REFUSE to attach their 'tool' to a featured rifle as part of their product demo, the ability to fall back on the 'it's the users responsibility' argument becomes null and void.

In that instant, they become part of the problem, and not the solution.

Further 'proof' of this comes by simple virtue of the fact that these same misled customers come to our shop with their mag magnets attached to the gun....and are summarily turned away, with very confused looks on their faces.

How can that possibly be, if the sales pitch is done in truth?

Put differently (and more succinctly), were the 'sales pitch' wrapped in the shroud of truth that they claim, we wouldnt see so much evidence of misuse.

I do everything in my power to educate these misguided souls, lest they find themselves in some seriously hot water...and Yee off our backs.

I understand that these "poor small-business owners" (sarcasm) have families to feed. I do too.

But I dont do it at the peril of the greater community.

I have several mirrors in my house. It's important to me that, when I look into them, I'm proud of what I see.

Stay safe, friends. Keep the mag magnet, and tools like it, far far away.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 08-21-2012, 2:33 PM
tacticalcity's Avatar
tacticalcity tacticalcity is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 8,813
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

The argument for the magnets being legal is just as strong as them being illegal. It has been hashed to death and doesn't need repeating here. Regardless of which camp you fall in from a legal perspective all we really have to say that are illegal is the opion of a DA and some LEOs, but a judge has not ruled on it. Until then is is a major gray area. I certainly don't want to be the test case. But until there is one it is neither legal nor illegal...just risky as hell. I personally don't use them...but I won't go so far as to say they are illegal. Not until a judge says so or the law is more clearly defined...neither of which I want to see happen because there is too great a chance the judge or legislature will over reach.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 08-21-2012 at 2:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 08-22-2012, 5:32 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Keeping it real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post
So what happened with this? The "updated" info on the first post is outdated. Last I read this was supposed to be heard on the 18th of this month. It is now the 21st. So lots of noise leading upto now...then silence???
It's been squashed for now but Sen. Yee stated in twitter that he was not done with the fight. I think on the other hand that he needs to stop wasting tax payer dollars on a matter that is not a problem. As far as I know people are not dieing in the streets because of our product or products like ours. Even understanding that concept is not their concern; it's disarming US. I have tweeted Sen. Yee, Why not ban alcohol or cigarettes, they kill tens of thousands yearly. But you wont why, cause they are not a threat to "the man's" power. Guns are the people's teeth and in the end will keep people in America from tyranny.

Others will try and say it's our (vendors that make this product and others like ours) fault this SB249 was written, but I say if it was not a magnetic tool they were *****ing about it would be something else. They don't care about how we use our guns even if we are following rules or not; they just want to get rid of guns, period. If it were not the bullet button it would be something else.

"If you think a theater filled with unarmed people against a lone gunman is scary, imagine a disarmed populace against a tyrannical government." - www.michiganconservatives.com

Attached is a letter I intercepted from a Riverside Sheriff, Stan Sniff. His letter is one of many I am sure that help with the fight for us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oppose_SB249_Letter-1.jpg (9.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Oppose_SB249_Letter-2.jpg (16.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Oppose_SB249_Letter-3.jpg (8.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by tacmag_pro; 08-22-2012 at 6:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 08-22-2012, 5:53 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post
My issue is, and always has been, with the folks at 'mag magnet' who, at EVERY gun show deceptively market their product.

How, you say?

Simple, by demonstrating their 'product' on featureless rifles (upon which no BB is required at all).

Here on CGN, most, if not all are savvy enough to understand the subtle (yet very significant) differences between 'featured' and 'featureless'.

To the 'average person' strolling the isles an AR is an AR.

As a steward of the 2A, I feel it my responsibility to promote the truth and to dispel FUD when encountered. Maybe it sound grandiose, but it's the truth.

When these same individuals REFUSE to attach their 'tool' to a featured rifle as part of their product demo, the ability to fall back on the 'it's the users responsibility' argument becomes null and void.

In that instant, they become part of the problem, and not the solution.

Further 'proof' of this comes by simple virtue of the fact that these same misled customers come to our shop with their mag magnets attached to the gun....and are summarily turned away, with very confused looks on their faces.

How can that possibly be, if the sales pitch is done in truth?

Put differently (and more succinctly), were the 'sales pitch' wrapped in the shroud of truth that they claim, we wouldnt see so much evidence of misuse.

I do everything in my power to educate these misguided souls, lest they find themselves in some seriously hot water...and Yee off our backs.

I understand that these "poor small-business owners" (sarcasm) have families to feed. I do too.

But I dont do it at the peril of the greater community.

I have several mirrors in my house. It's important to me that, when I look into them, I'm proud of what I see.

Stay safe, friends. Keep the mag magnet, and tools like it, far far away.
I definitely understand your response. I have not personally heard Mag Magnets pitch but, as far as TACMAG, we emphasis to our representatives about the proper education and use of our product to customers. We market our product with featured AR's and have had no problem with even LEO's who buy from us. Just this past show in Costa Mesa my wife was promoting while a LEO was standing right next to our booth, with confidence; no arrests made. I market our product with confidence that we are following the rules and do not promote in any way misuse of our product; leaving it to them to decide if buying it is right for them. We even have an older product that attaches to two magazines encase our magnetic tool is too much for them to remember to remove. I personally have had people say they would (by mistake) leave the tool on the weapon and would like the magazine ones instead; we even spell it out at our site. For the sake of people thinking I am promoting you can find our site on a previous post I made. Educating our customers is OUR responsibility in the proper use of our tool.

For the sake of reading out of context. I mentioned supporting a family with our product but want to add not breaking the law for a buck.

Last edited by tacmag_pro; 08-22-2012 at 6:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 08-22-2012, 5:56 PM
tacmag_pro tacmag_pro is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post
The argument for the magnets being legal is just as strong as them being illegal. It has been hashed to death and doesn't need repeating here. Regardless of which camp you fall in from a legal perspective all we really have to say that are illegal is the opion of a DA and some LEOs, but a judge has not ruled on it. Until then is is a major gray area. I certainly don't want to be the test case. But until there is one it is neither legal nor illegal...just risky as hell. I personally don't use them...but I won't go so far as to say they are illegal. Not until a judge says so or the law is more clearly defined...neither of which I want to see happen because there is too great a chance the judge or legislature will over reach.
In complete agreement with you on this. People will say "That's illegal" and to the contrary it is still a grey area as you mentioned. I also agree that until a judge makes a ruling on the specifics on this it's our (vendors of this product) responsibility to promote it with integrity and honesty about the proper use until the laws are changed that we can no longer use this type of product; don't give them fuel for their fire. Well said.

Last edited by tacmag_pro; 08-22-2012 at 6:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Gunwriter Gunwriter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 36
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Here on CGN, most, if not all are savvy enough to understand the subtle (yet very significant) differences between 'featured' and 'featureless'. (AR's)
Geeknow

Okay...I'll bite. What's the difference? I live in AZ.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 08-26-2012, 3:19 PM
cedew cedew is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 590
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

I'm a n00b, but I think that as long as you follow this flowchart, your gun is considered 'featureless' and is legal. However, if you deviate from the chart, your gun is 'featured', which is illegal. So, if this passed, it would change your weapon from featureless to featured and would turn you into a criminal overnight. It's funny to me because they think these laws are created with public safety in mind, but if this had passed, I'd just ditch the pistol grip and finally have a detachable magazine, which would make mag changes much easier during mass killings...assuming you were interested in complying with California gun laws while murdering people....
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 08-26-2012, 4:24 PM
stilly's Avatar
stilly stilly is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.
Posts: 9,618
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
I'm a n00b, but I think that as long as you follow this flowchart, your gun is considered 'featureless' and is legal. However, if you deviate from the chart, your gun is 'featured', which is illegal. So, if this passed, it would change your weapon from featureless to featured and would turn you into a criminal overnight. It's funny to me because they think these laws are created with public safety in mind, but if this had passed, I'd just ditch the pistol grip and finally have a detachable magazine, which would make mag changes much easier during mass killings...assuming you were interested in complying with California gun laws while murdering people....
Give them an inch and they take a whole mile. They got their stupid little BAN and we found a way around it and did all of the work to get a lot of things done and go back to our lives while *****ing about the STUPID law that was passed. Now they want to ban even THIS and the way that we have come to start living. F-them. F-them in the ear till they bleed. Stupid laws NEED TO STOP BEING PASSED, PERIOD. And then stupid people need to stop being elected. I really want to get Yee and DeLeon OUT of office when their time is up. I hope we can all band together and make it happen. It aint just a matter of strike and counter strike when what they strike is my way of life and the MAIN reason why I shoot. I HATE that stupid AWB of 2000. I lost 14 guns in 2001 because of it and I only got back 7. I nearly escaped being a felon because of those *******s that passed that damn law. Yeah, I was a member of the NRA and I followed the one group that chanted to resist to registration BS because they were gonna show up and confiscate your stuff when the time came. Anyways, they showed up and confiscated things despite that. So I am all butt hurt and I will go honey badger on those *******s that try to pass this stuff. JMHO...
__________________
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...


Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 08-26-2012, 4:29 PM
cedew cedew is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 590
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Hahahaaaa, enough with the sugar coating!!

'People' really showed up at your house to take your guns?? I cannot even begin to imagine what that would feel like. Good on you for not being in prison right now.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 08-27-2012, 8:18 AM
the86d's Avatar
the86d the86d is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pinko-occupied ObamaDerkaderkastan
Posts: 5,894
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Give them an inch and they take a whole mile. They got their stupid little BAN and we found a way around it and did all of the work to get a lot of things done and go back to our lives while *****ing about the STUPID law that was passed. Now they want to ban even THIS and the way that we have come to start living. F-them. F-them in the ear till they bleed. Stupid laws NEED TO STOP BEING PASSED, PERIOD. And then stupid people need to stop being elected. I really want to get Yee and DeLeon OUT of office when their time is up. I hope we can all band together and make it happen. It aint just a matter of strike and counter strike when what they strike is my way of life and the MAIN reason why I shoot. I HATE that stupid AWB of 2000. I lost 14 guns in 2001 because of it and I only got back 7. I nearly escaped being a felon because of those *******s that passed that damn law. Yeah, I was a member of the NRA and I followed the one group that chanted to resist to registration BS because they were gonna show up and confiscate your stuff when the time came. Anyways, they showed up and confiscated things despite that. So I am all butt hurt and I will go honey badger on those *******s that try to pass this stuff. JMHO...
Thank you!
__________________
"That's what governments are for - get in a man's way." - Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 08-28-2012, 2:38 PM
mif_slim's Avatar
mif_slim mif_slim is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fresh-Snow
Posts: 9,466
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Back in 2000 there was no Calguns, Internet was just out and still being tweeked. Not a lot of people were into the Internet thing (I mean there were but not as easy as today). The AW ban took place and it couldnt be heard as easily today. I bet if we had what we had today, the AW ban could of been shot down too.

Thanks for all of those who took part in the recent attack on 2A and thanks to Calguns and all the organizations that stood to fight for our rights.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottmituns View Post
It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 09-05-2012, 2:01 PM
dmmikhail dmmikhail is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Davis, Ca
Posts: 43
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
I'm a n00b, but I think that as long as you follow this flowchart, your gun is considered 'featureless' and is legal. However, if you deviate from the chart, your gun is 'featured', which is illegal. So, if this passed, it would change your weapon from featureless to featured and would turn you into a criminal overnight. It's funny to me because they think these laws are created with public safety in mind, but if this had passed, I'd just ditch the pistol grip and finally have a detachable magazine, which would make mag changes much easier during mass killings...assuming you were interested in complying with California gun laws while murdering people....
heres the thing though, this whole bill started out under the pretense of banning the magmagnet, because having one on your bullet button constitutes an unregistered AW, however, most of us saw through the facade and realized the real target was the bullet button itself. The bill in its original form was not only vague enough to allow the new definition to be added later on, it was also completely unnecessary as everyone in the community knows placing a magmagnet or any other device into your bullet button to facilitate quick reloads makes the weapon an unregistered AW. The objective of this bill was to greatly reduce the number of black rifles in the state and in that, it would have succeeded. how many people do you think would actually go out and purchase a featureless AR or other modern military semi auto? half the fun of having an AR is in the collapsible stock, pistol grip, flash hider, and all the other "militaryesqe" features. take those away, and all you have is a clumsy, uncomfortable, and ugly political statement.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 09-05-2012, 2:07 PM
dmmikhail dmmikhail is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Davis, Ca
Posts: 43
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Give them an inch and they take a whole mile. They got their stupid little BAN and we found a way around it and did all of the work to get a lot of things done and go back to our lives while *****ing about the STUPID law that was passed. Now they want to ban even THIS and the way that we have come to start living. F-them. F-them in the ear till they bleed. Stupid laws NEED TO STOP BEING PASSED, PERIOD. And then stupid people need to stop being elected. I really want to get Yee and DeLeon OUT of office when their time is up. I hope we can all band together and make it happen. It aint just a matter of strike and counter strike when what they strike is my way of life and the MAIN reason why I shoot. I HATE that stupid AWB of 2000. I lost 14 guns in 2001 because of it and I only got back 7. I nearly escaped being a felon because of those *******s that passed that damn law. Yeah, I was a member of the NRA and I followed the one group that chanted to resist to registration BS because they were gonna show up and confiscate your stuff when the time came. Anyways, they showed up and confiscated things despite that. So I am all butt hurt and I will go honey badger on those *******s that try to pass this stuff. JMHO...
I am with you 100% but how exactly do you expect to get yee and deleon out of office? they come from the two most anti gun areas in the state. If anything, their failures against the calgun community will make them heros and martyrs in their hometowns and all but guarantee them reelection.
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 09-13-2012, 2:32 AM
stilly's Avatar
stilly stilly is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.
Posts: 9,618
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

We KEEL dem!

Nono, oh **** now I am on the blue list!

That is what PACS are for. Political Action Committees (sp). You know it is sad that even with the online dictionaries I would rather (SP) a word then go look it up...

We give what we can and help how we can to groups that place ads AGAINST those two and hopefully also help an opponent look better at what they do rather then these two. If I could engineer a commercial and get it on the air that just talks about how they HATE Americans that have freedom and how they want to take YOUR right to defend your house and person away then That is what I could do. Yeah folks in their area need some 3 am entries done on them braveheart style to scare them out of their nasty voting habits I have no doubt but I am wondering if a you tube campaign that goes after them could also have an impact. ANYONE can do that. The trick is to make it viral. So maybe get Yee talking and make the sound garbled enough to where you need subtitles and make them say what you want. LoL. I should not be posting right now but I AM answering yer question. Really the thing to do is to find their house and start protesting where they live, kick their garbage cans over, piss on their lawns and make them turn brown, run a bus through their 6' high wrought iron gate, throw rocks at their windows, spray defoliars on their trees, hey stop me when I go too far... But in all honestly, the best way is to probably help OTHERS get the word out and if you can participate in a negative campaign then DO IT. That is how THEY get into office and stay their, you can NOT win in politics by being nice and playing fair and honestly. You HAVE to sling mud and you HAVE to get dirty at some time and if WE as gun owners sit back and think we can politely educate and vote our way then we are JUST as bad as those fools in england that elected reps and then the reps banned all of their guns. The sad part about that is that nobody gave a damn really until they banned foxhunting, THEN they rioted... LoL. Do I have that right?



__________________
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...


Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire

Last edited by stilly; 09-13-2012 at 2:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.