Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 06-24-2012, 9:32 AM

Default Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1

Picked up my SP1 Sporting, 12 ga, 30" barrel yesterday and really tickled. Got an all-day skeet clinic in a week and really looking forward to breaking this in. Some shots below.

I bought this from Pacific Sporting Arms, and can't say enough great things about the shop and folks there. I learned a lot from John Herkowitz as he checked out fit and corrected my mounting approach. Here's a pic from one of the shop's area; far wall is where my SP1 use to be.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Nice!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Not a Mod
CGN Contributor

First of all, a beauty. ....

Where is Pacific Sporting Arms?

Where are you going to shoot skeet?

(inquiring minds want to know).
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post
First of all, a beauty. ....

Where is Pacific Sporting Arms?

Where are you going to shoot skeet?

(inquiring minds want to know).
In Azusa: http://pacificsportingarms.com/

Nice gun! Aside from, you know, not having any money..I'm kind of torn whether to go with the Silver Pigeon 1 or get a beretta semi-auto. How much, op? I'm guessing the sporting differs from the field with no automatic safety and it starts at 30" barrels?
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Not a Mod
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
In Azusa: http://pacificsportingarms.com/

Nice gun! Aside from, you know, not having any money..I'm kind of torn whether to go with the Silver Pigeon 1 or get a beretta semi-auto. How much, op? I'm guessing the sporting differs from the field with no automatic safety and it starts at 30" barrels?
Wow, what a store.. If I were going skeet shooting in that area, seems like Oak Tree Gun club would be the ideal place to go.... (Caveat, I am not a shotgun guy, just because I really don't have a nearby place to shoot...).

CONGRATS!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 6:25 AM

I've been shooting at Triple B Clays, and been wanting to check out Prado Olympic Shooting Park.

I was going back/forth between the SP1 Sporting and the A400 Xcel Sporting. The o/u seemed so much more well made. Though I've been hearing great things about the A400 and how it shoots, I didn't care for the cheap 'faux' wood grain stock. I also wanting a little change up from my existing semi auto pistols and AR's.

Yes, sporting models have no auto safety, which is what you want. 30" barrels for o/u, a 28" in a semi is comparable due to the extended length of the receiver.

Last edited by Jubz; 06-26-2012 at 6:28 AM..
Old 06-26-2012, 1:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubz View Post
I've been shooting at Triple B Clays, and been wanting to check out Prado Olympic Shooting Park.

I was going back/forth between the SP1 Sporting and the A400 Xcel Sporting. The o/u seemed so much more well made. Though I've been hearing great things about the A400 and how it shoots, I didn't care for the cheap 'faux' wood grain stock. I also wanting a little change up from my existing semi auto pistols and AR's.

Yes, sporting models have no auto safety, which is what you want. 30" barrels for o/u, a 28" in a semi is comparable due to the extended length of the receiver.
For me it's SP1, A400 Xcel Sporting(Wish it had the nice green receiver like the "light"), or the 391 sporting in 20g. I don't mind X-tra grain at all but prefer something non-rubber. What were they selling the Silver pigeon for? I want to go Pacific just to see which of the 3 fit the best but I sort of don't want to waste their time as hardly have any money.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
For me it's SP1, A400 Xcel Sporting(Wish it had the nice green receiver like the "light"), or the 391 sporting in 20g. I don't mind X-tra grain at all but prefer something non-rubber. What were they selling the Silver pigeon for? I want to go Pacific just to see which of the 3 fit the best but I sort of don't want to waste their time as hardly have any money.
PSA sells the SP1 for $1948. You'll definitely want to check out their shop if not just to peruse and marvel at their setup, it's really impressive.
Old 06-27-2012, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

that gun is so gorgeous

the parentals asked me what I want for a graduation gift and I said one of these

this exact gun
SPI 30" tubes in 12gauge
Old 07-03-2012, 6:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just purchased the same shotgun yesterday. What a beauty. I need to sell my Extrema 2 but I am in no hurry. You can never have too many.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Awesome, have actually been recommending this in a 32" model to a buddy who's going to get his first shotgun - I wonder if I've seen you at Prado