Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Prado Shooting Range

I Went Out There Friday For The First Time.didnt Seem To Bad,but Kind Of Run Down.
Old 05-20-2007, 1:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Did you shoot shotguns or go to the pistol ranges? I like the shotgun area... the pistol area would be nice if the ROs weren't such super Nazis.

-Bryan
Old 05-20-2007, 2:47 PM

Default Prado Shooting Range

Sorry For Not Giving More Details.i Was At The Pistol Range.it Looked Like They Are Using The Place As A Storage Area,cars,car Parts, Empty Lockers That Looks Like They Havent Been Touched In Years.the Shooting Area I Was At,they Had Old Wooden Beams Stacked Up Along The Side Of The Range.the Ro Was Pretty Nice And Informative.there Was A Lot Of Police Officers There.i Didnt See The Whole Area.one Thing I Didnt Like Was The Distance To The Target Is Fixed.at A" Place To Shoot" Near ,near Magic Mountain You Can Move The Targets To Any Distance During Line Breaks.
Old 05-22-2007, 7:52 AM

All of those things are props for the IDPA matches that they have there. They RO's come up with some pretty interesting scenarios.
Old 05-24-2007, 6:38 PM
Veteran Member

I Used To Shoot IDPA Matches There A Few Years Ago. Havent Been In A While.

I Would Rather Deal With The Range Nazi's At Prado Than Some Of The Grammar Nazi's On Calguns.

Old 06-07-2007, 2:16 PM

Prado ownership need to invest some $$ back into the place --ie. bringing back long gun range, rehabbing pistol side -- the shotgun end seems okay for now.
I had heard rumor of a new facility in the area...I wonder if that is why Prado has not seen any improvements
Old 06-07-2007, 2:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Did Prado ever have a "long gun range" besides the rimfire range? I was under the assumption that the Prado facility was built for the 1984 Olympic Summer Games and those events were primarily air and rimfire.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
http://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 06-07-2007, 6:04 PM

Default Prado

There may be some hesitation to do major improvements there. Check out the attached file showing the pistol range in Feb, 2005. I shoot the Prado IPSC match there on the third Sunday of the month. It's a fun match. Jimmy and Dale may get grouchy every now and then but they are hardly Nazis. They just have some range safety rules that they have to enforce.

Later,
Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prado_flood_small.jpg (62.0 KB, 77 views)
Old 06-07-2007, 6:59 PM
Veteran Member

Nice looking fishing hole!

Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks View Post
There may be some hesitation to do major improvements there. Check out the attached file showing the pistol range in Feb, 2005. I shoot the Prado IPSC match there on the third Sunday of the month. It's a fun match. Jimmy and Dale may get grouchy every now and then but they are hardly Nazis. They just have some range safety rules that they have to enforce.

Later,
Chuck
Old 06-18-2007, 8:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
Did you shoot shotguns or go to the pistol ranges? I like the shotgun area... the pistol area would be nice if the ROs weren't such super Nazis.

-Bryan
This is why it's worth just going to the desert. Safety is number one, but sometimes all the rules and range BS can be a total drag, especially with range masters on power trips. In the desert, you can rapid fire and do whatever you want (within reason and safe gun handling of course) and there isn't some assclown on a PA system barking at you.