Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 06-13-2012, 6:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Apex Tactical's prototype Glock Extractor

So for the past 2 years, some 9mm Glocks have had erratic ejection and bad extraction in both the 3rd and 4th Generation 9mm's. for the 4th Gen Glock they first replaced the RSA (Recoil Spring Assembly) which was coming apart and too heavy for the 9mm's, late last year they issued a "voluntary exchange" of the ejector which helped some but not everyone. Many people on various forums believe the newest MIM extractor's with a dip are the culprit yet Glock denies it. People have experimented with various combinations of factory and aftermarket parts with different degrees of success. Well Randy Lee of Apex Tactical Specialties has discussed his reasoning of the ejection/extraction problems here:
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92447

So for over 6 months, Randy and ATS have been doing R&D on a solution. If all goes well this weekend, Derek of thepackingrat.net and I will be recording the before and after results. Until then, the package is sealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post

Tim Lau of 10-8 Training's testing below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-8 View Post
Yes, we are testing Apex's extractor and initial results are extremely positive.

Check out our video comparing the Apex Glock extractor and a factory one here:

http://www.youtube.com/v/GYsHuLC0Kyg

Tim Lau
10-8 Consulting, LLC
http://www.10-8consulting.com

Last edited by Shenaniguns; 07-23-2012 at 5:33 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 8:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I didn't realize 3rd gen 9mm Glocks had ejection or extraction problems. How widespread is it?

I only have 2 9mm Glocks - G34 and G26, and neither one of them has extraction or ejection issues. They're both stock.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 06-13-2012, 9:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Like I said, some 2010 and up Glock 9mm's have problems. If yours does not then you're fine.
This is what happens in extreme cases:
http://pistol-training.com/archives/4553
Old 06-13-2012, 9:09 PM

Mine ejects strangely every once and a while. I am curious to see how it goes.

After upgrading the extractor on my 10/22, I feel like the glock could use it as well.
-Spikes RRA, Magpul, Delton,Troy, BCM AR-15
Old 06-13-2012, 9:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Like I said, some 2010 and up Glock 9mm's have problems. If yours does not then you're fine.
This is what happens in extreme cases:
http://pistol-training.com/archives/4553
My G26 is older, but my G34 is from 2010. It's a bit concerning, as I'm about to get another G34
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 06-13-2012, 9:56 PM

why not simply advertise this as a new after market part rather than highlight an over discussed problem that has already been resolved a long time ago by switching out the ejector?

Bruce Lee

Last edited by sirgiles; 06-13-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 9:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Alright, you have my attention!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgiles View Post
why not simply advertise this simply as a new after market part rather than highlight an over discussed problem that has already been resolved a long time ago by switching out the ejector?
Maybe because just simply replacing the ejector isn't fixing all the issues. If you have nothing constructive to add, may I suggest you back away from this thread.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

My Gen 4 17 has all the latest revisions when I bought it in March 12. It ran flawlessly for about 4k rounds. Now I'm at about 5k rounds and have been experiencing erratic ejection but it still runs flawlessly minus the brass bouncing off the lid of my hat every now and then. I'm waiting for this extractor.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Maybe because just simply replacing the ejector isn't fixing all the issues. If you have nothing constructive to add, may I suggest you back away from this thread.
not a maybe. i am merely stating a fact. this is a perceived solution for an already resolved problem.

cheap solution:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1402990
Hah!

Bruce Lee

Last edited by sirgiles; 06-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: added a link.
Old 06-14-2012, 4:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
why not simply advertise this as a new after market part rather than highlight an over discussed problem that has already been resolved a long time ago by switching out the ejector?

Well sir, I have all the current Glock parts including the #30274 ejector since my gun was made less than 3 months ago and still have erratic ejection and cases ejected at my face. This is to fix both.

Last edited by Shenaniguns; 06-14-2012 at 4:29 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 4:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post

It isn't and I have a feeling he's trying to troll me since our last encounter, he's just going to look like a fool.
Old 06-14-2012, 4:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
not a maybe. i am merely stating a fact. this is a perceived solution for an already resolved problem.

cheap solution:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1402990
Hah!

Yeah I'm in that thread, and I chalk this up to, "People have experimented with various combinations of factory and aftermarket parts with different degrees of success."

I also have a White sound H.R.E.D. which makes the ejection stronger but the occasional ejection at the noggin is also just that, the Lone Wolf Extractor sent to me was the wrong one so I have no idea what it will do.

Your perceived facts are bogus again since 3/4 Flat still sent his Glocks back to be repaired, got them back and supposedly 1 still do not run correctly. That is what he said as of this last week on Sigforum. That guy is all over the map and probably not the best to use as an example.

His post from today 06/14/12

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...3520070672/p/4
Quote:
Originally posted by 3/4Flap:
Quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
Mostly over my head, high angle. Its consistant, and predictable. I ordered some Wincester Nato but havent try it yet.

No more left.
Well, sounds like you have your fix.

Have you shot both hands, strong and weak, various two-hand holds and positions?

I know of far, far too many people who have spent far too much time messing with recent-production Glock pistols trying to get them right.
I was one of them, and had a fix going till it didn't...

Kudos to you for your patience and technical creativity. And thanks for posting your saga here.

Sam, do you have problematic Gen 4's? If so we can meet up at TGR one day and slap the kit into your gun to see what happens

Last edited by Shenaniguns; 06-14-2012 at 8:11 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Well sir, I have all the current Glock parts including the #30274 ejector since my gun was made less than 3 months ago and still have erratic ejection and cases ejected at my face. This is to fix both.
my apologies for sounding like a troll. i posted a link for a simple solution to ejector problems above. if you wanna spend more money, that is your prerogative. as for the previous encounter, its a public forum in a private site.

Bruce Lee

Last edited by sirgiles; 06-14-2012 at 8:07 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 8:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
my apologies for sounding like a troll. i posted a link for a simple solution to ejector problems above. if you wanna spend more money, that is your prerogative. as for the previous encounter, its a public forum in a private site.

Your supposed simple solution does not work for everyone, it's not consistent across the board... Did you even read that thread? And quit calling things 'fact' that are not.
Old 06-14-2012, 9:32 AM

If you ask me, this is a classic extractor tension / ejector geometry problem that has been solved by the 1911 crowd long ago.

Just curious, what will your tests involve? I think I read somewhere that Randy used WWB for something like 90% of his testing. How many other people have been privy to these tweaks and products and have vouched personally?

If testing does not involve multiple problem guns, running multiple rounds from various manufacturers, it is inconclusive and all you have is a data point.

It would be very interesting to compare the extractor from Apex against the home-brewed inexpensive gunsmith solution mentioned above by Dave Nowlin in GlockTalk, rather than discrediting Dave's work because "it hasn't worked for everybody". Just because the solution does not work for everybody doesn't mean there is a high percentage of success.

If APEX has the solution, lets see them do some comparisions across multiple baselined guns and compare their success rate directly against other methods. This is the data I would be interested in before I void my Glock warranty to have the slide milled out and dish out money for a part that might work.

If the Apex solution is truly superior, lets see some real side by side comparisons against other methods...rather than cross referencing uncontrolled data from multiple web forums.

Just my .02. I'm interested in the outcome.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
My G26 is older, but my G34 is from 2010. It's a bit concerning, as I'm about to get another G34
Well, the other side of the equation is I have Gen 3 Glock 17 from June 2011 that has the old version ejector and extractor that's been giving some people problems and it has been just fine. See that's the problem, some people have the problem and some don't. And there isn't a round count where the problem occurs. Sometimes it occurs immediately and sometimes it doesn't occur until 5000 rounds or more. Sometimes it never occurs. IMHO, this is why Glock is having such a difficult time resolving the problem. I think that it's worth mentioning that if you're getting constant brass to face, you probably have a problem; however, if the gun is ejecting one to brim of your hat every 500 rounds, I doubt I would worry about it.

Also, I remember seeing a post, I believe on M4, where someone said that the Glock 19, no matter what generation, has always had a somewhat erratic ejection pattern and the Gen 4 parts just made it worse.

Personally, I think if you want one, get it. If you have problems, send it back to Glock for repair. If you continue to have problems after that, send it to Apex or buy the Apex parts and install.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederic View Post

If you ask me, this is a classic extractor tension / ejector geometry problem that has been solved by the 1911 crowd long ago.

Just curious, what will your tests involve? I think I read somewhere that Randy used WWB for something like 90% of his testing. How many other people have been privy to these tweaks and products and have vouched personally?

If testing does not involve multiple problem guns, running multiple rounds from various manufacturers, it is inconclusive and all you have is a data point.

It would be very interesting to compare the extractor from Apex against the home-brewed inexpensive gunsmith solution mentioned above by Dave Nowlin in GlockTalk, rather than discrediting Dave's work because "it hasn't worked for everybody". Just because the solution does not work for everybody doesn't mean there is a high percentage of success.

If APEX has the solution, lets see them do some comparisions across multiple baselined guns and compare their success rate directly against other methods. This is the data I would be interested in before I void my Glock warranty to have the slide milled out and dish out money for a part that might work.

If the Apex solution is truly superior, lets see some real side by side comparisons against other methods...rather than cross referencing uncontrolled data from multiple web forums.

Just my .02. I'm interested in the outcome.
1. What does 1911's have to do with this?

2. There are 2 other public testers with various configurations besides what they are doing in house:
Magsz http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97513
Pittwm http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/3520070672

3. I have not tried WWB yet which has a shallow rim and tends to cause problems for some 9mm M&P's as well. Here are my previous logs:

Quote:
Moved away from Glock for 2 years, now I'm back with a new Glock 19 Gen 4 that I picked up today. Those in the know are aware of the ejection and extraction problems with the 2010 and up Glock 9mm's and had already changed a few Recoil Spring Assemblys and ejector, unfortunately the current MIM extractor seems to be the main culprit so far. Apex Tactical is releasing an extractor kit soon and I hope to have my hands on one soon.
My short range trip resulted in 6/100 cases ejected at my head or face, disappointing but I know it will be corrected. (Using Winchester Super X 147gr)

Quote:
200 rounds of 147gr Winchester Super X with 1 to the face and 1 to the head.
100 rounds of Magtech 115gr with tons of erratic ejection and a few cases to my face.

Sights are working pretty well but I need to dry fire this thing as I'm not use to a heavy and creepy trigger anymore lol.
Quote:
H.R.E.D. installed today and the Lone Wolf Extractor didn't fit so I think the wrong one was sent. Ejection is definitely more forceful and only one case came back at my face.

Finished off the last 150 rounds of the Winchester Super-X subsonic -1 case to the face.
50 rounds of Sellier and Bellot: Hot ammo and it is the most accurate practice ammo I've shot, the gun loved it and I had no cases to the face.
The bottom of my bag had some loose ammo and I shot some old 147 Ranger SXT and 124gr HST +P. The 25 yard/75 foot groups were to the left so I need to bump the rear sight a bit, but unsupported off hand were as good as what I shot with my Les Baer Once the bugs are worked out and I get use to shooting Glocks again, I'm really really going to like this gun!

4. If you have the time to do the elaborate test that you want, knock yourself out I'm not stopping ya. I'm not knocking Nowlin's method... I never brought it up but since it was brought up that it worked as a fact I had a problem with that since the Thread Starter of that topic had problems later but posted it elsewhere.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
1. What does 1911's have to do with this?
Really? I am saying the erratic ejection woes that Gen 3/4 Glock owners have aren't unique to them, and it would behoove the community to observe how the problem was solved elsewhere. In this case, you want your extractor to have a decent hold on the case rim to prevent FTE and also for CONSISTENT ejection. This seems to be what Apex and the guys and GT are both offering.

Once ejection is consistent, ejector tuning decides where the round gets kicked out. I personally believe a better ejector that kicks the case out a desired path along with an extractor mod is the answer. Not cutting the ejection port down to "get it out of the way". I never like hearing "void your warranty" is part of the solution either, and I don't know of many people that do.

This is my guess as to why the issue persisted for so long. The solution was not to simply drop-in replacement parts as Glock owners have been able to do for so long to get things working again. In this case, even replacement parts are out of spec and troubleshooting needed to be done.

Quote:
4. If you have the time to do the elaborate test that you want, knock yourself out I'm not stopping ya. I'm not knocking Nowlin's method... I never brought it up but since it was brought up that it worked as a fact I had a problem with that since the Thread Starter of that topic had problems later but posted it elsewhere.
I personally have nothing more than curiosity invested. My G35 has served me flawlessly as all of my guns do after I take them apart and make them right.

Seeing the Apex part prove itself head on amongst the competition is something I would like. This doesn't sound unreasonable since a void warranty is a concern with the Apex route.
Old 06-14-2012, 1:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederic View Post
Really? I am saying the erratic ejection woes that Gen 3/4 Glock owners have aren't unique to them, and it would behoove the community to observe how the problem was solved elsewhere. In this case, you want your extractor to have a decent hold on the case rim to prevent FTE and also for CONSISTENT ejection. This seems to be what Apex and the guys and GT are both offering.

Once ejection is consistent, ejector tuning decides where the round gets kicked out. I personally believe a better ejector that kicks the case out a desired path along with an extractor mod is the answer. Not cutting the ejection port down to "get it out of the way". I never like hearing "void your warranty" is part of the solution either, and I don't know of many people that do.

This is my guess as to why the issue persisted for so long. The solution was not to simply drop-in replacement parts as Glock owners have been able to do for so long to get things working again. In this case, even replacement parts are out of spec and troubleshooting needed to be done.

I personally have nothing more than curiosity invested. My G35 has served me flawlessly as all of my guns do after I take them apart and make them right.

Seeing the Apex part prove itself head on amongst the competition is something I would like. This doesn't sound unreasonable since a void warranty is a concern with the Apex route.

What I am offering is a before and after approach of drop in parts and the results will be recorded. I am NOT having the ejection port lowered for this video, others chose to have it done after Glock was unable to remedy the problem and wanted a working gun now! This is my 8th Glock, my 3rd G19 and the only one that has had ejection problems so often. No warranty will be voided with the parts I am using as I can install the factory parts at any time.

Again, why are you bringing 1911's into this again? It is NOT relevant here as there has been many guns with extraction and ejection problems, so don't put words in my mouth saying that the problem is unique. Is there a dozen smiths that can fix these problems for a 1911? Yes
That is not the case with the Glock's problems right now.
Do you chase them around and tell them who the first gunsmith was to fix it? If you don't like what's in this thread or the possible solution than pound sand, I do not care. Others like myself are interested in this solution and willing to see the results. If you want to do a comparison than feel free and post the results, I don't have the time to do so. All I'm doing is trying to fix my gun, whether you want to watch is up to you.

BTW, lowering the ejection port is a service provided by many top gunsmiths, I assume they do it for a reason

Harrison Custom
#204 and 205 http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Services.aspx?cid=2
Heirloom Precision
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=196856
"The slide was bordered, ejection port lowered and flared, the mag-well beveled, and true to the retro theme a custom grip safety was shaped and blended to the aluminum frame to give just the right meld of old school look and modern user friendliness."

All you have is curiosity and a .40 cal that runs, so maybe this isn't the right topic for you.

Last edited by Shenaniguns; 06-14-2012 at 1:17 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 4:05 PM

My 3rd-gen glock 19 bought in 2010 with the 336 extractor regularly ejects to 6 o'clock, at least one out of ten times. Hits me in the top of the head or in the forehead. Good thing I'm always wearing eye protection at the range!
Yellowfin: The 2A in its true intent of what it protects can be summed up in one word: parity. Self defense means self defense from ANYTHING, and parity is being on level playing field with whatever threat may be.
Old 06-14-2012, 4:10 PM
Banned

Shenaniguns, do you have a pic of the Apex compared to the stock extactor? What is different?
Old 06-14-2012, 5:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yeah I'm in that thread, and I chalk this up to, "People have experimented with various combinations of factory and aftermarket parts with different degrees of success."

I also have a White sound H.R.E.D. which makes the ejection stronger but the occasional ejection at the noggin is also just that, the Lone Wolf Extractor sent to me was the wrong one so I have no idea what it will do.

Your perceived facts are bogus again since 3/4 Flat still sent his Glocks back to be repaired, got them back and supposedly 1 still do not run correctly. That is what he said as of this last week on Sigforum. That guy is all over the map and probably not the best to use as an example.

His post from today 06/14/12

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...3520070672/p/4

Sam, do you have problematic Gen 4's? If so we can meet up at TGR one day and slap the kit into your gun to see what happens
I don't have a problematic Gen4 G19 but I may like to pick one up if Apex can fix them.
Old 06-14-2012, 5:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLander51 View Post
Shenaniguns, do you have a pic of the Apex compared to the stock extactor? What is different?

From the m4c link above:

We will be offering the slide milling and extractor replacement in the near future. I don't have a price yet, but the turn around time should be fairly quick. We are moving to a location where we will have more room and greater machining capabilities. I'm pretty sure that it would be the warranty on the slide that would be voided, however if Glock requires that you send in the whole gun for warranty assessment, they might say it voids their warranty in its entirety.

I think the emergence of the issues later in service life can be attributed to wear on the extractor contact surfaces and perhaps even a "set" of the extractor depressor spring. Although it is comparing apples to oranges, MIM extractors were tried on 1911s, but virtually every manufacturer I know now uses a machined bar stock extractor (with the exception of those variants sold with non 1911 type spring loaded extractors).

All of the MIM extractors I have ever seen show rounded edges of the claw. From experience, the claws that engage the brass need sharp shoulders to prevent the claw from ramping over the case head during extraction. I am old school, so I really prefer a well machined extractor as it is a high stress component...

-Randy

Hi All,

The extractors are in process. They will be A-2 tool steel and Melonite treated to match in color and increase surface hardness.
At the moment, we are also having a new extractor depressor spring fabricated to match the extractor- and should be included in the kit.

-Randy

So the summary is that they are either machined or EDM wired A2 tool steel, melonite treated with sharp shoulders.

The current extractors are MIM, pretty rounded where it should not be and the QC of them are all over the place... Some are sticky and some come out freely.
Old 06-14-2012, 5:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I don't have a problematic Gen4 G19 but I may like to pick one up if Apex can fix them.

After you shoot mine, you may buy a few
Old 06-14-2012, 5:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Stolen from another site:

http://www.firearmstrainingandtactic...ead.php?t=1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
With all of the recent attention that the Glock extractors have been getting in the recent production Gen 3 and 4 guns, I decided to look at the difference between the current production 9mm Glock extractor (from an RTF 19, prefix PDD, test fire date Feb 9th, 2010 - this is marked the "Gen 4" extractor in all pictures below as others are doing the same on other forums) and an older Glock extractor (OD Green Gen 3 17, NLG prefix, not sure of test fire date yet - this is marked "Gen 3" in all pictures below)
The current production Glock extractor has been showed in detail compared to the Lone Wolf extractor, which is supposedly based on one of Glocks older extractors. There seem to be some significant differences between the Lone Wolf and the older Gen 3 extractor shown here, though.

You can clearly see a molding seam on both extractors, with wear occuring on the Gen 3 extractor outside the seam on the bottom, and inside the seam on the top...with the OPPOSITE wear pattern on the Gen 4 (wear inside the seam on the bottom, and outside the seam on top).

All other parts of the extractor look identical. The claws are both parallel cut, not slanted like on the Lone Wolf:

Old 06-14-2012, 5:30 PM
Calguns Addict

continued...

The LCI bump looks to be identical as well:

Both have the stepped "cut" on the inside top edge of the extractor, which the Lone Wolf does not have:

The cone shaped piece at the rear of the extractor which the piece pivots about on, also looks identical in angle.
So, these are clearly different extractors, but so is the Lone Wolf.
Hopefully other folks will post up some detailed pics of their older Gen 3 9mm extractors as well. Perhaps the sample shown above is an "in-between" version, and there are Glock extractors more closely following the lines of the Lone Wolf extractor
Old 06-14-2012, 7:13 PM
Patient@GunAddictWard
CGN Contributor

Very helpful information, didnt notice this on my G17. Might have to watch out for it though! Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 7:20 PM

After reading this, I am happy I held onto my gen 2 G17. No issues with that bad boy so far and approaching 2500 rounds
Old 06-14-2012, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONIC View Post
After reading this, I am happy I held onto my gen 2 G17. No issues with that bad boy so far and approaching 2500 rounds
I have 500+ more rounds through my GEN 4 G17, and have had zero issues as well. I would really like to have a GEN 2 though.

Hopefully Apex has the issue figured out for the GEN 4's that are experiencing problems.
Old 06-14-2012, 7:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
I have 500+ more rounds through my GEN 4 G17, and have had zero issues as well. I would really like to have a GEN 2 though.

Hopefully Apex has the issue figured out for the GEN 4's that are experiencing problems.

The thing is... Some 2010 and up Glock 9mm's are fine, some have minor problems from the start, some have major problems from the start and others have developed problems a few thousand rounds in.
Old 06-14-2012, 7:59 PM

Quote:
The thing is... Some 2010 and up Glock 9mm's are fine, some have minor problems from the start, some have major problems from the start and others have developed problems a few thousand rounds in.
That's what I've read on GT (and here) for the last year or so. I'm at a little over 3000rds, and will hit 4000 by the end of the month, so I guess I'll find out soon which one I have. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that you're having issues with your GEN 4 G19, I was really hoping you'd get a winner.
Old 06-14-2012, 8:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead9 View Post
That's what I've read on GT (and here) for the last year or so. I'm at a little over 3000rds, and will hit 4000 by the end of the month, so I guess I'll find out soon which one I have. I'm genuinely sorry to hear that you're having issues with your GEN 4 G19, I was really hoping you'd get a winner.
Thanks, I'm hoping the solution is in my hands
Old 06-14-2012, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

This is some good info Shenaniguns I didn't experience any issues until about 4k rounds in and I bought the LWD extractor and it didn't change anything. For a data point I've been shooting 115 speer lawman almost exclusively. I have a feeling Apex won't be able to make these extractors fast enough. I hope I can get one of these almost as soon as they announce their release. If the extractor swap doesn't work I guess I'll have to send it in to get the ejection port flared.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
After you shoot mine, you may buy a few
So that's an offer to shoot your ammo all day? I accept!
Old 06-15-2012, 3:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
So that's an offer to shoot your ammo all day? I accept!
Haha
Old 06-15-2012, 8:15 AM

Quote:
What I
All you have is curiosity and a .40 cal that runs, so maybe this isn't the right topic for you.
You're right. Now I know exactly where not to look in case my the extractor for my G35 goes downhill.
Old 06-15-2012, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

I replaced the extractor in my G19 3rd Gen with the extractor from my G30 3rd Gen.

The ejection problems I was having have gone away. All cases eject in a nice arc at around 4 o'clock or so.

What I noticed is that the extractor from the G30 held the case firmly against the breech face when installed in the G19.

With the stock G19 extractor installed in the G19, I noticed the case was not held firmly against the breech face. There is a considerable amount of play between the case and the breech face.

I plan on buying a G30 extractor to replace the one I put in the G19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995
Old 06-15-2012, 2:29 PM
Calguns Addict

I tried that with my G19 previously and it does actually hold it pretty good.
Old 06-17-2012, 9:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Apex's extractor kit may take a bit longer to come out since I had problems with it causing my striker block to stick. On a good note, the extraction was more consistent overall even with it sticking.

This is the reason pre-production testing on various firearms is a good thing.