Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 09-04-2011, 8:08 PM
Now in AZ
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-Steel-_ View Post
But I have no idea how to post it (or if video can be posted) I have it saved on my desktop and It only seems to play for me using VLC media player. It saved in .MOV format...anyone have any ideas?
Upload it to youtube? You will need to create an account there, but it is pretty easy to upload video and then all you need to do is link it or embed it here.
Old 09-04-2011, 8:13 PM

Ok I'll try youtube Thanks!...Just be forewarned it was dark,and we were pretty far down the line from most of the madness lol
Old 09-04-2011, 8:24 PM

Had a great time and want to thank the coordinators and everyone attending for a great and safe time!!!

Events like this give me great hope for us all!

Oooh Rah!

Old 09-04-2011, 8:54 PM

Default Here's the Link

To a short video of Mosin Madness 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSEHgUGTsw
Old 09-04-2011, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Thanks to Andrew for setting this up and the use of your jump box at the end of the day.

Retired, Mrlonewolf, Santamonica9, SeanCasey and any other RSO's I might have missed thank you!

Thanks to tmncali for the only guy with a BBQ and all the time you spent cooking for the pot luck, you saved the day. I was helping you cook off and on, sorry to have to bail on you when shooting started but my kids were up the hill on the line and I did not want them being up there alone. Glad I did because a guy that came late and did not hear the safety meeting started shooting an AK at a steel swining target about 60 or 70 feet out and a shard of a bullet hit my daughter in the leg, I pulled a small piece of copper out and it just looks like a bee sting today. I asked him to stop as soon as it happened and he was cool with it.

Thanks to XXINKXX for letting my kids and myself shoot his AR and thanks to Guitarmoto for the stripper clips for my SKS.

We had lots of fun and cant wait to do it again.
It was nice to meet you and your kids. Glad to hear your daughters leg is good. I remember you mentioning it had a burn. Thanks for orienting me on the swiss k31. Now I have an itch to go get one!
Old 09-04-2011, 9:10 PM

Safaridave, thanks for letting me get behind your psl. Ive been pricing those out so it was good to get my hands on one. Ill have to wait for christmas bonus but then I think ill have to plan ak and psl build. Ill have to pm you for prepping tips.
Old 09-04-2011, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7122 View Post
NOPE! It was all skill. Remember to shoot like a BOSS with the sling on the Trapezius.

Patriot Man, MercuryComet, STEEL, Retired, JWW, Guitarmoto, Full Clip, Comblock, Andrew, MrLonewolf, Yugo, SantaMonica9, Eat Dirt, PTO guy, and everyone who doubted me when we were playing fire jenga thank you for helping me, and showing me how to have a blast.
Good shot man! It was good to meet you and send some led downrange. Also I think I know a place you buy thay piece of your sks gas system you need. Ill check it out and let you know the web address.
Old 09-04-2011, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibanman View Post
1k rounds of 5.56 1k rounds of 22 500 rounds of 7.62x39 250 rounds 9mm 250 rounds 20g... 10,000 smiles thank you calguners for making it a spectacular outing again especially the fire jenga and midnight zombie hunter crew you know who you are.
You have me beat! 600 rounds of 762x39, 800 22lr,200 44mag, 150 40cal. Thanks a lot for the lift up the hill at the start of the day. Really helped out for the long day ahead of us. As soon as my sore shoulder and sore wallet heal from this shoot ill be doing this again!
Old 09-04-2011, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmoto View Post
You have me beat! 600 rounds of 762x39, 800 22lr,200 44mag, 150 40cal. Thanks a lot for the lift up the hill at the start of the day. Really helped out for the long day ahead of us. As soon as my sore shoulder and sore wallet heal from this shoot ill be doing this again!
Guitarmoto
You are very welcome for the lift. My only regret for this weekend was that the "tactical" buggy broke down as soon as we got there, I would have given many more a lift up the hill had it not. And walking 250+ yards each way to paint my steel SUCKED DONKEY BALLS! And as far a doing it again in a heart beat.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM
C3 Leader

Someone late last night asked if Chuck had a paypal so that he could get this shirts, but he never came back and picked them up.

I talked to Chuck and he has 6 shirts left, and he is going to sell those on here asap. So please, if your that person, shoot me a PM so I can have him set aside yours.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It was nice to meet you and your kids. Glad to hear your daughters leg is good. I remember you mentioning it had a burn. Thanks for orienting me on the swiss k31. Now I have an itch to go get one!
The burn was a little red mark she gave herself from hot .22 brass. She complained more about that than the little piece of copper that was sticking out below her knee that drew blood... LOL

Keep your eye out and you will find a deal on a K-31. There were a couple in the last 6 months in the for sale section here for good prices, the one you shot and the other one I have I found for $200 ea.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMendez View Post
Someone late last night asked if Chuck had a paypal so that he could get this shirts, but he never came back and picked them up.

I talked to Chuck and he has 6 shirts left, and he is going to sell those on here asap. So please, if your that person, shoot me a PM so I can have him set aside yours.
may have been me. forgot to grab a shirt though and i live a bit aways from chuckomatic i believe so we'd have to arrange shipping or something etc... if he has others interested in his xl to xxl shirts tell him to get rid of em. if he happens to be stuck with one or two in those sizes then he can pm me and we'll work it out. Thanks man! Had a great day and a great shoot! Good to meet you in person. Youre just as homely as your profile picture led me to believe. lol

Last edited by Guitarmoto; 09-04-2011 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
may have been me. forgot to grab a shirt though and i live a bit aways from chuckomatic i believe so we'd have to arrange shipping or something etc... if he has others interested in his xl to xxl shirts tell him to get rid of em. if he happens to be stuck with one or two in those sizes then he can pm me and we'll work it out. Thanks man! Had a great day and a great shoot! Good to meet you in person. Youre just as homely as your profile picture led me to believe. lol
I have 4 XL (3 grey, 1 black) and 2 Mediums (1 black, 1 grey) left! Who ever wants them shoot me a PM we can either meet up in the 91702 area or we can arrange for shipping And thank you to those who picked up their's at the shoot! It was a pleasure meeting all of you! Thank you to Ptoguy for allowing me to shoot off your 50 cal, man that thing had a nice kick, I loved it! And thank you Kylemurdoc for letting me get behind your rifle, what was it again? I think i want one! lol Thanks again Ladies and Gentlemen, until next time!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member

First thank you to Andrew and all that set this up. Mr Lonewolf it was nice meeting you. You are one cool cat.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone. I had an amazing time and met some of the coolist people I have met in years. Tommy , Todd, Mark and the rest of the guys. Thank you for the hospitality. It was awesome quoting movie lines, esp- Black Hawk down for the man with the loudest AR on the planet. Huh what are you saying? LOL. You know who you are. Thanks to all that cooked food. The dinner's were awesome. I think we had every dinner from a pre dinner to a after dinner -dinner! Also it was very nice how everyone was sharing their guns and gear. Made for a most enjoyable shooting time.

Just an over all great time. From dying in the heat to shooting till my finger hurt. The trash talking call the shot competition was hilarious. I would like to thank our spotter. Sitting around the camp fire discussing everything from movies, Computer programs to Glocks. All while being flown over by bats and being infiltrated by the Zombie yote population. Speaking Russian and making a certain someone laugh. It was great talking with you during the Zombie Yote watch. There was just so many good times I dont have the words to put it all on here and do it justice. Wanted to say good buy to the guys I hung out with but you were all knocked out in the toy hauler. I did not want to wake anyone up. I think (M) was loading his car but didnt see where he went.

Thanks again guys! I hope we all get to meet up and shoot again.

"I'm damned glad to be here..." — George Patton

Last edited by Napalm Bulldog; 09-05-2011 at 2:04 AM..
Old 09-04-2011, 11:49 PM
C3 Leader

Alright.

Allow me to first begin with we only had one single small incident the entire event. I talked to the parent of the person which had the issue, and it was not a big deal to him. I was pissed none the less.

SO BRADY FOLKS AND OTHER TROLLS READING THIS....I organized a shoot in the middle of the mother effin desert, with 130 people. Complete with Mosin Madness flames thru out the night, a midnight zombie hunt, camping, bump firing all kinds of rifles, alcohol and a movie.....and nobody required first aid.

The event went very well. I arrived at the spot just after 0730, and was surprised to see that there were already 40 other people there!!!!
As the morning went on, more and more CalGunners showed up, and we had to make special accommodations for the shooting line regarding safety. Several members brought walki talkis which helped a ton with communication. Literally, we could not have been as safe without them. I think they are now officially added to the RSO list.
A special thanks to Yugo and TMNCali for reserving my spot. Both of them also helped tremendously with other items thru out the event including batteries, a megaphone, random crap from Wal mart AFTER they arrived, cooking...just off the top of my head.

By 1100 we were having our safety briefing, and still had members showing up. During the briefing I counted just under 100 people.
Special thanks to retired, MrLoneWolf, SantaMonica9, FullClip, CSACannoneer and Sean Casey for helping with RSO detail. I could not have done it without them. We never had anyone going down range or shooting during any other time but during cease fires.

We broke for lunch between 1300-1400. The majority of the people who were eating with us in the pot luck, all participated, but I heard one or two people point out a few who didn't. There was PLENTY of food though, and only a tiny bit went to waste.
Someone brought a HUGE pack of meat. I don't know who it was, but thank you very much. Someone also brought 80 ears of corn, but unfortunately, we only had 1 BBQ, and we didn't have the time to cook it. I would have preferred everyone to gather around, and shoot the crap a little bit, but the heat, and having to deal with moving easy ups and chairs was probably more work then people wanted to do. I think next year, we should designate a spot with easy ups, tables and chairs early in the morning, so that we could all eat together. It is great time to plug the Appleseed, CGF and CGN stuff going on.

We broke for dinner at 1800. The crowd was starting to thin out, and we were back to shooting after only about 30 minutes.

At night fall, we brought out the Mosin Nagants. I believe we had 12 at one point on the line. I would really have liked to have had more then 20 though. Next year??

At night, we put the guns and ammo away, and busted out the margarita machine. Another member had made a MEAN Bloody Mary. Yugo some how managed to figure out the projector issue, and after about an hour, we were watching a movie. Most CalGunners were already in bed at that time, and we made the decision shortly after that to knock the hell out.

At 0130 or so in the morning, I am sleeping in my RV when I hear the sounds of zombie hunting again. It sounded like a barrage of people shooting at the same time. Man oh man did it scare the crap out of me. I peeked out my window to see someone looking around with a spot light. For a few seconds, I honestly believed it was the BLM rangers, checking on us. It happened to just be a few calgunners.

I woke up early, with intentions of shooting at 6 am. My alarm clock went off, and I rolled right back over. I got out of beds a few times in the morning, as CalGunners knocked on my RV to say goodbye. I didn't actually get out of the rv til about noon.

All in all, a great event. I am very thankful to everyone who made the drive. I had someone tell me, that they heard a family came all the way from NorCal!!!!
I do need to apologize for one thing. Thru out the day, I had at least 10 people attempted to ask me questions, or strike up a conversation with me, and I rudely walked off to deal with another issue. Obviously, my mind was a little chaotic and a lot was going on, BUT it was nothing personal.

I would seriously like to have that hump in the middle removed from the firing line. Maybe some die hard CalGunners can come up with shovels one of these days with me, to help make it a little more level. Anyone interested? We could get some shooting done too!

Best 3 parts of the event.

1.) Mosin Madness
2.) One of the CalGunners say to me "Wait, your really NOT gay?"
3.) The look my girlfriend gave to SantaMonica9 after a rude joke. Man, if you didn't see that face, consider yourself lucky.

Thank you all,
Andrew Mendez
Old 09-05-2011, 12:08 AM
C3 Leader

I am way to sleepy to upload pics tonight, but I did take some good ones.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am way to sleepy to upload pics tonight, but I did take some good ones.
Look forward to seeing the pics. I saw someone taking a lot of photos. Dont know wich member it was but hope they post the pics too. Interested in seeing how they turned out.

"I'm damned glad to be here..." — George Patton
Old 09-05-2011, 1:56 AM

Hey andrew my wife also heard fellow calgunners that to were toward my left cracking up manly jokes(in other words to the civilian females dirty jokes) so i had to reveal the mens secret that wen refereing to men as sexy females posing while shooting etc. Is just for kiks and laughs and not to not judge them as actual pervs.... Cus were not right..... :-p
Now let's try it again!"

Officer: "Soldier. Do you have change for a dollar?"

Soldier: "No, SIR!"
Old 09-05-2011, 6:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oooooppppps, I did forget one thing. When we left, I forgot to say goddbye to anyone. I was too tired and it was too late to worry about it. Anyway, forgive me for being rude and "GOODBYE!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forall View Post
I'd like to thank the guy who ranged out my targets. I'm not good with names but he was with the group to far right with the 2 "Ma Dueces"(sweet).

I'd like to thank the gentleman to my immediate right for using his staple gun. Also for the big nails to keep my pop-up shade(pun intended) from...you guessed it, popping up.

Yugo...that was a stand up thing you did by getting items for me and my bro from Wally World. Thanks again bro!!!

SeanCasey...I was one of those who had to move their stuff forward, safety is most important at these events so I understood. I only wanted to hurry and get it moved so we could get things started. A big thanks to all the RSO's for keeping everyone comfortable and safe.
If you're talking about the two little 1919s, that was intoforever and me. He had a rangefinder with him so, it could have been him. It was nice to meet you and your buddy "Imwithhim". There was so much going on that I never did get a chance to meet those two lovely ladies who accompanied you. Next time, make it a point to introduce them to me and I'll give them some trigger time on whatever weird stuff I happen to bring out.

Quote:
2.) One of the CalGunners say to me "Wait, your really NOT gay?"
It's OK Andrew. Many married men are really gay. Don't worry, we aren't going to judge you. You can wait until you're ready to come out of the closet on your own but, we all know the real score.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
Old 09-05-2011, 6:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

ONE VERY IMPORANT thing to remember is about posting pictures and/or videos anywhere on the internet. Be careful, while we all know that everything at the shoot was legal and safe, we don't want another BWO incident. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I know for a FACT that both LAPD and LASD have seen pictures and videos of legal items on FB and MS and somehow got warants to raid the homes of those who posted or were connected to these pictures. It has cost those involved time in jail (although inocent), firearms (just too expensive to get them back), being thrown out of college and labelled a "terrorist", etc. I know of at least one other case besides those we know about but, I am not at liberty to talk about it at this time. The CGF and top council both are fully aware of the ongoing case/investigation in question so, no worries there. Just be EXTREMELY careful of what you post and how it may look to some anti gun investigator as opposed to a well informed and knowledgeable LEO. I really don't ever want to have to attend another fund raising dinner like BWO's or Don A's.

Old 09-05-2011, 7:57 AM
CGSSA Specialist

After putting all my gear away / I only had time to clean 2 of my rifles
The rest is on todays list

Just wondering
---------------------------------------------------------
WHO did drive the most miles to get to this event ???

----------------------------------------------------------

I talked to some guys to the right of us ( Good People ) that were from Ventura

Tumbled BRASS For Sale

Just check my Long Running Thread : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=262832
Old 09-05-2011, 8:18 AM

Thnx to every one who helped organize this event. It was quite a blast, family enjoyed it. Next time I'm going to have to camp out and try some night shooting.
Old 09-05-2011, 8:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Great time, and many thanks to everyone who gifted me their brass. (It's all sorted and tumbling in batches!) I didn't meet everyone, but had a good time chatting with some of my neighbors down on the left side.

Let's do it again in November or December! We can bring out the Russkie rifles again for a "Winter War" edition of Mosin Madness!

Will absolutely be doing an overnight next time.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 09-05-2011, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Dirt View Post

Just wondering

Ventura county (moorpark,simi valley) for myself. 149 miles to lenwood. Not bad for a day of zombie annihilation! Thanks again for the ride in the rhino at night. That thing took those steep descents like a boss. Hope thst ammo can I gave you helped with your brass. Hard to see spent casings at night.
Old 09-05-2011, 9:00 AM
Calguns Addict

where the pics for fire jenga???????????
it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
PSN name= entwie_dumayla
"I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."

Old 09-05-2011, 9:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Question

Quote:
Just got back from the shoot a little while ago

GREAT Event .Thanks to All involved who helped
Wish my Rhino had worked better , But with all the summer heat , The battery was Shot and would not hold a charge
Here's a few pics I took

First a view from a hilltop :

Here's a targets view :

The Safety Meeting:

how big were the iron targets on the 500 yard hill to the right of the firing line?
it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
PSN name= entwie_dumayla
"I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."

Old 09-05-2011, 9:18 AM

Andrew
If you were scared out of your pj's from the zombie hunters shooting at at 1 am. You surely would have shat yourself if we went through with what we had planned for you, we were going to surround your sleeping ***** and yell out "GOING HOT" and then light of a butt load of m80's under your rv. But we thought since RETIRED was in there with you it might have given the poor man a heart attack. So we refrained only thanks to him.
Old 09-05-2011, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Fire jenga pics tonight
Old 09-05-2011, 9:19 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I'm horrible with names, but I think the New York guy took them with his phone.

Last edited by tmncali; 09-05-2011 at 10:52 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 9:23 AM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)

Quote:
Andrew
If you were scared out of your pj's from the zombie hunters shooting at at 1 am. You surely would have shat yourself if we went through with what we had planned for you, we were going to surround your sleeping ***** and yell out "GOING HOT" and then light of a butt load of m80's under your rv. But we thought since RETIRED was in there with you it might have given the poor man a heart attack. So we refrained only thanks to him.
True story !!!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
There was so much going on that I never did get a chance to meet those two lovely ladies who accompanied you. Next time, make it a point to introduce them to me and I'll give them some trigger time on whatever weird stuff I happen to bring out.
Will do...my wife did ask about those 1919s. I'm sure she would have loved to try one out. This was her third time behind the trigger and she's getting more comfortable with the idea of firearms and their recoil. My brother "imwithhim", lol...doesn't know it yet but has been given a handle by you and will soon be a member of calguns.

It was nice meeting and laughing with you. I look forward to seeing you at future events. Bless!

Last edited by 1forall; 09-05-2011 at 10:50 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Just wondering

I came from clovis ca. So it was a 4hr16mim drive not includong stops not sure of the exact mileage
Now let's try it again!"

Officer: "Soldier. Do you have change for a dollar?"

Soldier: "No, SIR!"
Old 09-05-2011, 11:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forall View Post
Will do...my wife did ask about those 1919s. I'm sure she would have loved to try one out. This was her third time behind the trigger and she's getting more comfortable with the idea of firearms and their recoil. My brother "imwithhim", lol...doesn't know it yet but has been given a handle by you and will soon be a member of calguns.

It was nice meeting and laughing with you. I look forward to seeing you at future events. Bless!
My wife can shoot but will never spend a whole day out shooting with me so, you're a lucky man.

Your brother introduced himself to me as "imwithhim" so, he did it to himself.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:21 AM

im turning into a zombie here @ the family labor day BBQ.... im SO tired from everything but it was SO worth it!

Mathew, I did see you packing up bright and early I got inspired. I went up to the range to do my cleaning, but when I came back down you had gone. Hopefully we can do the water cooler talk again. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Tommy, Todd and Brian - I didnt want to come wake u guys up at 3 am after Yugo, Tony and I finally burried the last red embers of the firewood jenga. Nor did I want to wake you up when I left in the morning. Thanks again for your hospitality.

things for next time:
- more megaphones for RSO and walkies
- bring recharger & extra chargable batteries for walkies/flashlights/ear pros/etc
- use heavy objects to keep your EZ-Up from flying away. I did see several spare tires, ammo cans and other heavy things that helped. My stack of rocks on the flimsy stakes didnt work
- bring extra PVC if/when it gets shot up

Thank you again to everyone that contributed in making this an awsome safe event. I second the Winter Zombie outing

Andrew, I hope you never get the look I got even through the darkness those eyes hurt.

Last edited by santamonica9; 09-06-2011 at 8:57 AM.. Reason: Thanks to TmnCali ...... Spelling - I did say I was tired :)
Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 PM
C3 Leader

One thing I forgot. I somehow lost the 50 cal bullet I had with me. Anyone know where it went?

Man, if you guys would have done that, I would have crapped my pants for sure. Someone came around 4 am and shook the RV, but I rolled back over and went to bed. No idea who it was.

Anyways, here goes the Mosin Madness pics. The pictures DO NOT do justice.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM
C3 Leader

Sunset:

Here is the line:

This was the late night crew:
Old 09-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Andrew
I never knew anyone shook the RV at 4am like Andrew said, so I may have slept right thru the m80 attack too. Thank you guys for thinking of my well being (Yeah, I know that wasn't the real reason, you guys just didn't want to have to dig the hole in the hard dirt in case I did have a heart attack.)
Old 09-05-2011, 12:41 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by santamonica9 View Post
im turning into a zombie here @ the family labor day BBQ.... im SO tired from everything but it was SO worth it!

Mathew, I did see you packing up bright and early I got inspired. I went up to the range to do my cleaning, but when I came back down you had gone. Hopefully we can do the water cooler talk again. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Tommy, Todd and Brian - I didnt want to come wake u guys up at 3 am after Yugo, Tony and I finally burried the last red embers of the firewood jenga. Nor did I want to wake you up when I left in the morning. Thanks again for your hospitality.

things for next time:
- more megaphones for RSO and walkies
- bring recharger & extra chargable batteries for walkies/flashlights/ear pros/etc
- use heavy objects to keep your EZ-Up from flying away. I did see several spare tires, ammo cans and other heavy things that helped. My stack of rocks on the flimsy steaks didnt work
- bring extra PVC if/when it gets shot up

Thank you again to everyone that contributed in making this an awsome safe event. I second the Winter Zombie outing

Andrew, I hope you never get the look I got even through the darkness those eyes hurt.

May want to try using Stakes, next time?
Old 09-05-2011, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1190 View Post
I think Bob7712 just got lucky with that steel plate . I tried it and i was hitting all around, within a couple inches. Myself, Yugo, and another member were trying to hit the damn thing.

Hey Patriot Man, are you the one with the Howa 308? Thanks for letting my little bro take a few shots with it. He loved it and now wants me to buy one lol. I must say though its very nice, very well done
No problem- Yes 308 Howa. Great bolt action gun
Old 09-05-2011, 2:22 PM

Finally got trailer unloaded was tired all day yesterday when i got home.NOw get to clean guns and start reloading for another trip.I am bad with names but the ones i met were all nice people.It was my first shoot most and hopefully i will get back into shooting more.

I use to go alot but in the last 10 years the hobby has kinda faded away i found out i need to get use to shooting my ar again use to be very good with it and iron sights my handgun skills are kinda slipping but they will come back.
Next time i will probably get there earlier cause waking up everyday at 5-5.30 am for work and doing the same to make this shoot on sat morning then with being out in warm weather took its toll and i hit the bed early may have been the beer and the bloody mary i made too.LOL after i dropped the radio off for the movie i went back and out i was.
oh and chp was out in full force sunday morning on way home saw way too many between 40 and victorville plane was even out near hodge road saw 4 pulled over and a couple more cruising in just that area.