Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2012, 9:46 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default .45ACP 230gr FMJ Reman. $280/1000rds+Free Shipping CA,NV,UT

***Out Of Stock***

http://www.jackrossammo.com/.45-Auto...ED.html?page=1

Chris emailed me friday to tell me he had these back in stock and will only be selling what he has in stock. No advanced orders. He said they've moved into a new warehouse and he scored a deal on 10 loaders and 5 processors so maybe things will start moving along. I know some of you are still waiting for 9mm orders and I asked how they're doing but haven't heard back from him but I'd suspect it's the same as it's been, he's working his way through them. With all this new equiptment hopefully that will soon all be a thing of the past.

Oh and for people not in the free shipping states the shipping is a flat $12.50 to anywhere else.

Last edited by WeldonHunter; 05-27-2012 at 9:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2012, 8:51 PM
gant's Avatar
gant gant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Solano County
Posts: 1,442
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

pft screw that, i heard way to many post about him people saying that he'll have orders ready every month but yet nothing

charges as soon as you order then doesnt ship for months
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2012, 9:12 PM
gawker gawker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 448
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Well, if I don't receive an email with tracking in another 2 days, then I will say you are correct.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2012, 9:30 PM
Malmon Malmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

Amazing how the OP can still post this without getting embarrassed. No shame at all.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmon View Post
Amazing how the OP can still post this without getting embarrassed. No shame at all.
You're right I'm not ashamed. Nothing amazing about that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-23-2012, 7:31 AM
Ezekiel2000's Avatar
Ezekiel2000 Ezekiel2000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburg, CA
Posts: 711
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

The proper thing for Chris/Jack Ross to do would be to take care of the customers they already have in line. Get the orders out for those who have already paid and have been waiting patiently rather than trying to start new business and ignore those others. The time spent boxing up these new .45 sales could have been spent getting out those multiple month old 9mm orders.

Extremely poor business all around.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2012, 2:39 PM
WWDHD? WWDHD? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alameda County
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

That's enough info for me. I'll pass.
__________________
NRA & CRPA member
semi-docile tax payer
amateur survivalist

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-23-2012, 5:26 PM
Solidux's Avatar
Solidux Solidux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 637
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

There was a post on slickguns about Jack Ross being the ponzi scheme of ammo:

-Take money for ammo you don't have
-Create a huge loglist of people that gave you money and you provide no product
-Slowly trickle ammo to the first couple hundred people that paid and get a base of people who are willing to say "I received ammo" (they are on order #700. Some on ar15 are order number 1800. Took Feb to May to get to 700)
-Stop production of ammo to blame "machines, people, ...everything" while using upfronted money to expand and use for other things
-Fire a worker to cut more costs and make backlog worse. Doing so frees up more money for jackross
-If a customer requests money back, take forever (2+ months) to even try. Hope customer is too lazy to chargeback. Hope customer accepts a "check" that will never arrive. Hope customer ultimately forgets
-Wait a couple more months while still using money interest free and blatantly uncaring
-Email some guy about new machines and new buildings (every other week)
-Have guy post deal to repeat step 1
-Repeat

Last edited by Solidux; 05-23-2012 at 5:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-23-2012, 6:46 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
There was a post on slickguns about Jack Ross being the ponzi scheme of ammo:

-Take money for ammo you don't have
-Create a huge loglist of people that gave you money and you provide no product
-Slowly trickle ammo to the first couple hundred people that paid and get a base of people who are willing to say "I received ammo" (they are on order #700. Some on ar15 are order number 1800. Took Feb to May to get to 700)
-Stop production of ammo to blame "machines, people, ...everything" while using upfronted money to expand and use for other things
-Fire a worker to cut more costs and make backlog worse. Doing so frees up more money for jackross
-If a customer requests money back, take forever (2+ months) to even try. Hope customer is too lazy to chargeback. Hope customer accepts a "check" that will never arrive. Hope customer ultimately forgets
-Wait a couple more months while still using money interest free and blatantly uncaring
-Email some guy about new machines and new buildings (every other week)
-Have guy post deal to repeat step 1
-Repeat
Just set the record straight he didn't email me and ask me to post anything. I post what I want to post. For a while I've been trying to find good deals on ammo and I post about a lot of places. Yeah he's had some problems but ponzi scheme, come on.

Last edited by WeldonHunter; 05-23-2012 at 7:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2012, 7:31 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 10,043
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldonHunter View Post
Just set the record straight he didn't email me and ask me to post anything. I post what I want to post. For a while I've been trying to find good deals on ammo and I post about a lot of places. Yeah he's had some problems but ponzi scheme, come on.
I've followed several of your threads and appreciate the heads-up on deals... I've purchased a couple times from your notifications... but the Jack Ross thing just has way too many people with bad experiences (currently and ongoing)... that's very hard to overcome.

Having that been said - please continue to notifications! (it really is appreciated) People can research to determine if they want to buy.
__________________

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
My Simple Life of FREEDOM feels good in My Soul... Good luck CGN Brothers
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-23-2012, 7:46 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I've followed several of your threads and appreciate the heads-up on deals... I've purchased a couple times from your notifications... but the Jack Ross thing just has way too many people with bad experiences (currently and ongoing)... that's very hard to overcome.

Having that been said - please continue to notifications! (it really is appreciated) People can research to determine if they want to buy.
Thanks for that. This is my reason for doing this. I'm the same as you all. I like a good deal and when I see one I share it. I'm not ashamed as suggested I should be and I'm not doing this because someone asks me to. No one does. He has good prices and though I've posted he got new equiptment in the past it was only one machine and one post. I thought it was a positive sign. Now getting 15 new machines increasing his equiptment to 12 loaders and 6 processors I figured he has to be able to catch up now. If you've noticed I've been mostly quite about Jack Ross for a while now because I've been waiting like others for him to get caught up. The bottom line is if he can get things caught up now and keep his prices somewhere near where they are it'll benifit the whole shooting community and that's why I do this. It ain't money that's for sure, because I do this voluntarily. I love ammo and the sport.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-23-2012, 9:12 PM
user65 user65 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 182
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
There was a post on slickguns about Jack Ross being the ponzi scheme of ammo:

-Take money for ammo you don't have
-Create a huge loglist of people that gave you money and you provide no product
-Slowly trickle ammo to the first couple hundred people that paid and get a base of people who are willing to say "I received ammo" (they are on order #700. Some on ar15 are order number 1800. Took Feb to May to get to 700)
-Stop production of ammo to blame "machines, people, ...everything" while using upfronted money to expand and use for other things
-Fire a worker to cut more costs and make backlog worse. Doing so frees up more money for jackross
-If a customer requests money back, take forever (2+ months) to even try. Hope customer is too lazy to chargeback. Hope customer accepts a "check" that will never arrive. Hope customer ultimately forgets
-Wait a couple more months while still using money interest free and blatantly uncaring
-Email some guy about new machines and new buildings (every other week)
-Have guy post deal to repeat step 1
-Repeat
Weldon is the man. He posts way too many deals from different companies to be under the hand of Jack Ross or any other company out there. If you're upset about a mans business practice, leave it at that. You should really look at a users posts before saying such things.

Keep up the good work WeldonHunter, you find some of the best stuff out there and like LBDamned, I look forward to your future posts.
__________________
Good luck, stay safe, and keep em pointed in a safe direction.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-24-2012, 8:50 AM
Malmon Malmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

Well maybe I assumed too much, I thought as fellow gun enthusiasts we tend to watch out for each other. If somebody keeps on promoting a company with poor business practice, then he is just as liable, maybe not legally but still complicit.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-24-2012, 9:04 AM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmon View Post
Well maybe I assumed too much, I thought as fellow gun enthusiasts we tend to watch out for each other. If somebody keeps on promoting a company with poor business practice, then he is just as liable, maybe not legally but still complicit.
I do look out for fellow gun enthusiasts. Look at the posts I make. They're on the whole posts to tell people about deals on ammo of which this is one. I'm the one that alerted the forums about Freedom Munitions. The first time. This guy is trying to help the shooting community and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's not ripping people off. It's no ponzi scheme. Believe it or not some people are willing to wait to get a deal on ammo. I think in the long run he'll get things caught up. I'm hoping the addition of new equiptment in such a large way will be the turning point for him. He still has the best prices on a lot of popular calibers and in todays ammo panick that's what a lot of people are looking for regaurdless of the wait.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Solidux's Avatar
Solidux Solidux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 637
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by user65 View Post
Weldon is the man. He posts way too many deals from different companies to be under the hand of Jack Ross or any other company out there. If you're upset about a mans business practice, leave it at that. You should really look at a users posts before saying such things.

Keep up the good work WeldonHunter, you find some of the best stuff out there and like LBDamned, I look forward to your future posts.

I agree. Weldonhunter is a great guy. It's just this deal/company is real bad.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 AM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
I agree. Weldonhunter is a great guy. It's just this deal/company is real bad.
Thanks for that. Believe it or not my main concern is for the users of the forum. The company has problems, you won't get an arguement with that. This deal has yet to be proven to be a bad deal. The 9mm has been a fiasco for sure and I've told him if he doesn't get it worked out it will be almost to much to overcome. Any good that comes from a great price will be overshadowed by the wait people have had to deal with. I emailed him and told him about these recent posts last night and he actually thanked me for the help and support but added I don't need to put myself through the abuse for him. I told him I'm not a fair weather friend and added I hope he's getting caught up. He sent a reply saying he's at the shop to the displeasure of his wife processing brass as he sent the reply. I know a lot of you have put up with a long wait and if he can't get things back on track now with 8 employees and all the new equiptment I don't know what to think. I don't give up on people easily and Chris is actually a good guy. He told me last night when he returned from Iraq in Nov. he was the only one making ammo and had only 2 machines.

Last edited by WeldonHunter; 05-24-2012 at 2:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Solidux's Avatar
Solidux Solidux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 637
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

It wouldnt be half as bad if he didnt charge up front. If he charged upon shipping. Waiting is absolutely no problem
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
It wouldnt be half as bad if he didnt charge up front. If he charged upon shipping. Waiting is absolutely no problem
Hopefully that won't matter soon. Time will tell and the market will be judge and jury.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-24-2012, 2:11 PM
r1ghtw1ng r1ghtw1ng is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 1,471
iTrader: 205 / 100%
Default

Thanks for posting this deal and others, Weldon. It is now sold out, which leads me to believe they were selling stocked/finished product. I don't have even have a .45 YET, and I ordered a case after having a positive experience with my 9mm order.

Hmm, I wonder if I will find my S&W M&P45 before my order comes in... who knows?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-24-2012, 2:24 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ghtw1ng View Post
Thanks for posting this deal and others, Weldon. It is now sold out, which leads me to believe they were selling stocked/finished product. I don't have even have a .45 YET, and I ordered a case after having a positive experience with my 9mm order.

Hmm, I wonder if I will find my S&W M&P45 before my order comes in... who knows?
HA!!! I did the same thing last year. I was ordering a bunch of stuff from SGAmmo and my neighbor had just got Kimber 1911 and needed some .45ACP. I got him a case to help him save on shipping and picked up a case myself. I don't even own anything in .45acp yet either. It was such a good price I figured one of my other shooting buddies might need some down the road. That or I might when I get something that uses it. So I'm not the only one that buys ammo for guns I don't even have yet.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-24-2012, 8:51 PM
Ezekiel2000's Avatar
Ezekiel2000 Ezekiel2000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pittsburg, CA
Posts: 711
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

To put it out there with no history of the background of the company? I think it's wrong. Maybe some people don't mind that they have been waiting MONTHS and have heard multiple different excuses during that time...maybe they don't mind waiting AGAIN to see the next excuse in line isn't going to pan out either. Still, a new user should be warned of the history of this company because they might come in fresh not knowing that this company has a history of over promising and under (NOT) delivering.

Give them all of the info to make the choice on their own...and it's not an attack against you as a person Weldon, but it is an attack against Jack Ross/Chris. Takes some nerve to expect people to keep buying into his stuff when he can't keep his word.

How quickly people forget the Freakshow and TMJ Trading scandals...both folks just like this who took peoples money and delivered ammo to a few, and ripped off a lot more, never to deliver anything.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-24-2012, 8:55 PM
Dirtbikindad393's Avatar
Dirtbikindad393 Dirtbikindad393 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Komifornia
Posts: 975
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

I trust Weldonhunter and went on and bought the 45 from JR. So I will be your guinea pig. I got a confirming email like you all did but Weldonhunter says that the 45 is in stock so we will see. I will post up my experience with JR and the 45 as it happens. Weldonhunter keep doing what your doing we all appreciate it and I hope to get in on future deals that you post.

DBD393
__________________
NRA Life Member
GSSF Member
Front Sight Guardian Member

Have a family issue need to sell off my Front Sight Diamond Memberships to raise money.
PM if you have thought about buying one.

I don't regret burning some bridges. I regret that some people weren't on those bridges when I burnt them!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-24-2012, 9:17 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel2000 View Post
To put it out there with no history of the background of the company? I think it's wrong. Maybe some people don't mind that they have been waiting MONTHS and have heard multiple different excuses during that time...maybe they don't mind waiting AGAIN to see the next excuse in line isn't going to pan out either. Still, a new user should be warned of the history of this company because they might come in fresh not knowing that this company has a history of over promising and under (NOT) delivering.

Give them all of the info to make the choice on their own...and it's not an attack against you as a person Weldon, but it is an attack against Jack Ross/Chris. Takes some nerve to expect people to keep buying into his stuff when he can't keep his word.

How quickly people forget the Freakshow and TMJ Trading scandals...both folks just like this who took peoples money and delivered ammo to a few, and ripped off a lot more, never to deliver anything.
I agree with a lot of what you say here, believe me I'm torn too but he is delivering ammo. It's just been slow coming. I offer no excuses but updates as I find them out. Bottom line he isn't ripping anyone off and to compare him to people that have is not fair. In some cases it was somewhat personal because some have insinuated I'm posting this stuff on his behalf. I'm not. I'm posting it on my own and the users here. My main motivation is to help people find good prices on ammo and I guess I'm a bit over optimistic that he's getting things worked out. In the long run if he can get things caught up and keep his prices even near what they are now everyone here will benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbikindad393 View Post
I trust Weldonhunter and went on and bought the 45 from JR. So I will be your guinea pig. I got a confirming email like you all did but Weldonhunter says that the 45 is in stock so we will see. I will post up my experience with JR and the 45 as it happens. Weldonhunter keep doing what your doing we all appreciate it and I hope to get in on future deals that you post.

DBD393
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll tell you what I saw tonight. He's "out of stocked" the .45ACP reman and the 9mm reman. He said he was going to do that when he sold all of the .45 he had and I guess maybe just maybe he's doing it with the 9mm to get caught up. I've been emailing with him over the last few nights telling him what's been going on. He's actually been at the shop by himself making ammo and I'm getting replies from his cell. I guess that's what it is because it says sent from Tapatalk or something like that. I don't do that cell crap so I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-24-2012, 9:38 PM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I just want to set the record straight on something. I do not work for any of these guys. I'm a guy like the rest of you that loves a good deal. From anyone. I have my favorites and have bought from quite a few places. I spend most of my free time looking through vendors sites looking for deals on ammo and firearms. I collect mil-surps and most places don't even sell what I use. I actually have fun doing it believe it or not. Living in the sticks there's not much to do at night except go out to see what the dog is chasing now. Usually deer, foxes or coons. Being in the country there's no place to find ammo really and that's how I got into this. Looking for deals on ammo that were better than almost $40 a box for 44Mag at the Wal-Mart 30 miles away. If you look on the main page of gun-deals on any given day there's mostly deals I've added or updated that day. Sometimes pages of them. My point is I'm not doing this for any one vendor though I know a lot of them. Sam at SGAmmo is a good friend now as well as Bryan at AIM. Dan from Dansammo.us emails with me every other night. Fred at Military Shooters, Rudy at Freedom Munitions and the list goes on. I've talked to or emailed with them a lot asking about their products or just to shoot the breeze and see how business is. I do it because I love shooting and I love my second ammendment rights even more. The more people that can shoot at decent prices the better chance we have of retaining them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Solidux's Avatar
Solidux Solidux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 637
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I was blown away when i saw your ad in reddit. Hipster
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-25-2012, 6:58 AM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 10,043
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

^^^ link?
__________________

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
My Simple Life of FREEDOM feels good in My Soul... Good luck CGN Brothers
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-25-2012, 7:17 AM
WeldonHunter WeldonHunter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
I was blown away when i saw your ad in reddit. Hipster
What ad is that?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-25-2012, 4:25 PM
gawker gawker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 448
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Got my FedEx tracking for order #19xx on 1 case of 45 ACP today via FED-EX. Order placed last Fri/Sat.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-25-2012, 9:51 PM
keenkeen keenkeen is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,708
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

I have ordered 9mm, .40 S&W, and 45acp from Jack Ross in the last six months. I have re-ordered 3 times total.

Great Ammo and slow shipping, that's it.


All this other talk about "pozni schemes" and poor business practices is just a load...I have always gotten what I ordered.

I have spoken with Chris twice on the phone and he is a good guy and I will continue to order from him in the future.
__________________
Quote:
"But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-26-2012, 7:59 AM
Malmon Malmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

Not being able to deliver on the promised date is poor business practice.
Charging your credit card on order date and not on delivery date is poor business practice.
Not responding to emails or answering phone calls is poor business practice.

Most people like to be treated with respect and do not tolerate poor busness practice, while some people don't mind taking it in the a... to save a few bucks. Everybody is different.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-26-2012, 8:05 AM
Malmon Malmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

The positive thing about this company is it responds to complaints posted on this board and did compensate a ruined barrel caused by its product.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-26-2012, 8:52 AM
Mike718 Mike718 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 96
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

If you don't like how he manage his business, don't buy from him. More ammo for me, with less wait time!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-26-2012, 9:07 AM
Malmon Malmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

Believe me I won't, not until he catches up and able to deliver in a timely manner. Hopefully soon.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-26-2012, 11:47 AM
sfhondapilot sfhondapilot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 415 and 530
Posts: 622
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmon View Post
Believe me I won't, not until he catches up and able to deliver in a timely manner. Hopefully soon.
+1

The wait is not the issue. At issue is the fact that we are paying in advance for a product with an indefinite delivery date.
__________________
David
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 10,043
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

at least he's listing as "out of stock" now (.45 anyway)... so I guess the charging before shipping isn't an issue now (unless you can still order even though it's out-of-stock?)
__________________

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
My Simple Life of FREEDOM feels good in My Soul... Good luck CGN Brothers
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-26-2012, 4:43 PM
keenkeen keenkeen is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,708
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

What it with all the complaining about "paying in advance"...if you can't afford to pay for the ammo and wait for it to arrive (2 to 3 months) than don't order from them.

You people act like it's ruining you financially when he charges your credit card and then takes time to ship.

If your finances are that razor tight perhaps it's time for a new budget.

But hey, everybody is different.
__________________
Quote:
"But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-26-2012, 5:35 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 10,043
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
What it with all the complaining about "paying in advance"...if you can't afford to pay for the ammo and wait for it to arrive (2 to 3 months) than don't order from them.

You people act like it's ruining you financially when he charges your credit card and then takes time to ship.

If your finances are that razor tight perhaps it's time for a new budget.

But hey, everybody is different.
that makes absolutely no sense... if someone "couldn't afford it" what difference does it make if they get the ammo tomorrow or two months from now.

Most people don't expect to pay for something (anything) and receive it months later... why would anyone be expected to do that?

The main issue is that no other retailer/vendor (that I know of) charges you now and provides merchandise months later. If product isn't in stock, it's charged when it becomes available (just plain common sense really).
__________________

-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCloud9 View Post
We're screwed. The left was fooled by Obama and the right is being fooled by Trump.
My Simple Life of FREEDOM feels good in My Soul... Good luck CGN Brothers
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-26-2012, 8:57 PM
keenkeen keenkeen is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,708
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
that makes absolutely no sense... if someone "couldn't afford it" what difference does it make if they get the ammo tomorrow or two months from now.

Most people don't expect to pay for something (anything) and receive it months later... why would anyone be expected to do that?

The main issue is that no other retailer/vendor (that I know of) charges you now and provides merchandise months later. If product isn't in stock, it's charged when it becomes available (just plain common sense really).
Don't like it, don't order from them. Just plain common sense really.
__________________
Quote:
"But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-26-2012, 9:10 PM
Malmon Malmon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 1,151
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
What it with all the complaining about "paying in advance"...if you can't afford to pay for the ammo and wait for it to arrive (2 to 3 months) than don't order from them.

You people act like it's ruining you financially when he charges your credit card and then takes time to ship.

If your finances are that razor tight perhaps it's time for a new budget.

But hey, everybody is different.
In that case, give this company access to your bank account and let them withdraw at will so your future orders are paid. You will always need to order ammo in the future anyway and this company will eventually deliver it right? Based on your logic, it would be stupid of you not to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-26-2012, 9:26 PM
Solidux's Avatar
Solidux Solidux is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 637
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
Don't like it, don't order from them. Just plain common sense really.
It's never disclosed like that.

You guys are trying to be the "cool pants club" kids and putting input into situations you dont know about.

When I ordered, the website SPECIFICALLY said "orders made before april will ship mid april."

^ that never happened. Then I was told 3 weeks, then 6 weeks and etc etc etc.


This isnt black and white as "if you dont like it dont order." Its more like someone advertised their services and didnt deliver upon it.

If they stated anywhere "orders will take 2-3 months to process and you will be charged upon clicking checkout." A lot of us wouldnt have made that mistake. Hell, this would have been a lot more tolerable if they sent an email out "sorry but your ammo will take 9 more weeks." Instead I keep getting 2 word replies whenever I email. It's to the point where I think they just CTRL-V the "6 weeks" because i noticed 2 spaces before the 6 (computer programmer)

Last edited by Solidux; 05-26-2012 at 9:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.