Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 05-07-2015, 7:04 PM

Default Freddie Gray's Rap Sheet--Check it out --

I had to put this out there folks for your review.

I am asking myself why the media has not been reporting on this?
Do you think there may be a trend here?
Do you think the 4 Month veteran Prosecutor may want to look at her Prosecutorial office???

Freddie Gray Arrest Record

Gray had a lengthy arrest record with convictions dating back until at least 2007, according to the Maryland Department of Justice. Not all of the arrests led to convictions, in many of the cases he pleaded guilty to one charge while the others were dropped. Exact details of when he spent time in prison were not immediately available. His arrest record includes at least 18 arrests:

March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
Old 05-07-2015, 7:35 PM

I thought he was a model citizen..No???
Old 05-07-2015, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro911 View Post
I thought he was a model citizen..No???
Haven't you been keeping up? Getting killed by the police or dying while in custody absolves you of all your previous sins/crimes, and you instantly become someone who was turning your life around, was planing on being a better parent, student, make a contribution to society, and whatever else someone can dream up.
Old 05-07-2015, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

"What does it matter anyway?"
Old 05-07-2015, 9:53 PM

Well it sure didn't take long for the race card to be thrown now did it ?

Let's throw the race card- that will make the police look bad because we all know that police are racists!

As for the UK Comparison - go sit down and have some tea while you and Pierce Morgan slap each other on the back and talk about the evils of guns in The U.S.

The audience you are attempting to sell your snake oil to simply ain't buying it.

Sorry commrades, the Lt. Is getting off the soapbox --

I'm sure glad
Old 05-07-2015, 10:46 PM

sfarchitect
Allow me to help you out since you obviously missed this prior to your visit here, you may want to read it and pay particular attention to #3 #4, and above all thanks for your support.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=171278
Old 05-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Disclaimer: Stupid civilian opinion here.

Gray's rap sheet is irrelevant. None of that justifies throwing him, bound, in the back of a van and driving in such a way as to inflict injury. Messages like this only serve to perpetuate the notion that Police Officers, in GENERAL, take the law into their own hands and mete out justice (which isn't the job of our Police Officers. Ya'll are Guardians...Protectors, not executioners). You're doing yourselves a massive disservice with stuff like this.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike82 View Post

Gray's rap sheet is irrelevant. None of that justifies throwing him, bound, in the back of a van and driving in such a way as to inflict injury. Messages like this only serve to perpetuate the notion that Police Officers, in GENERAL, take the law into their own hands and mete out justice (which isn't the job of our Police Officers. Ya'll are Guardians...Protectors, not executioners). You're doing yourselves a massive disservice with stuff like this.
Its irrelevant to the case, that is a legal issue.

What it is relevant to is the amount of focus, righteous indignation, racial tension, and violence surrounding this case. This case should be fairly and calmly investigated, without police, racial or political bias.

Seems to me this is not happening, his records help bring this all back to earth and reality. The cops were not out to hassle some innocent man. Maybe someone did cross the line, if so likely the black police driver after he entered the van. Everything else looks like nonsense.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Seems to me this is not happening, his records help bring this all back to earth and reality.
No. It absolutely doesn't.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

There has been no official explanation from the prosecution as to how they believe Mr Gray sustained his injuries. Comments like "driving in such a way as to inflict injury" and "Ya'll are Guardians...Protectors, not executioners" just tend to serve to perpetuate an accusation that has yet to be made by the prosecution and the impression that Police Officers, in GENERAL, take the law into their own hands and mete out justice. You are doing yourself and the public a massive disservice by spreading speculation like this.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 05-08-2015 at 12:46 AM..
Old 05-08-2015, 12:44 AM

Wait, but the news said the mean police picked a random black guy from the streets and murdered him. I thought he was on his way to church when the jack booted thugs killed him? You mean he has a lengthy criminal history of drug dealing and violence? This is so odd...........
Old 05-08-2015, 9:36 AM

Quote:
No. It absolutely doesn't.
For those that are emotionally invested in feeling persecuted, I suppose not.
Old 05-08-2015, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

^^^Another stupid civilian opinion here.

Gray's rap sheet shows that Gray was in and out of the system several times each year and had a clear disdain for authority. He was not only a career drug dealer, he had committed assault and destroyed property.

As Gray was in and out of custody, he probably developed a sense of what worked and how far he could go with LE. Anybody with an IQ above 10 could clearly see that Gray was pushing his luck with LE on a daily basis. Unfortunately for Gray, his luck ran out.

LE is a simple numbers game. They encounter thousands of losers on a daily basis. Most of these losers walk away relatively unscathed. Every once in awhile, LE encounters a special loser that ends up on the losing end of a game of wits. The odds are 1 in several thousand. Gray was that loser.

Did LE go too far in dealing with Gray? Maybe.

Did Gray contribute to his own demise? Yep.

Save your tears for someone a little more worthy than Gray. He played a stupid game. He lost.
Old 05-08-2015, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFord150 View Post
^^^Another stupid civilian opinion here.

Gray's rap sheet shows that Gray was in and out of the system several times each year and had a clear disdain for authority. He was not only a career drug dealer, he had committed assault and destroyed property.

As Gray was in and out of custody, he probably developed a sense of what worked and how far he could go with LE. Anybody with an IQ above 10 could clearly see that Gray was pushing his luck with LE on a daily basis. Unfortunately for Gray, his luck ran out.

LE is a simple numbers game. They encounter thousands of losers on a daily basis. Most of these losers walk away relatively unscathed. Every once in awhile, LE encounters a special loser that ends up on the losing end of a game of wits. The odds are 1 in several thousand. Gray was that loser.

Did LE go too far in dealing with Gray? Maybe.

Did Gray contribute to his own demise? Yep.

Save your tears for someone a little more worthy than Gray. He played a stupid game. He lost.

couldnt have been said better.
Old 05-08-2015, 4:40 PM

Quote:

Pretty simple, Mr. Gray is/was a thug, he put himself in harms way that faithful day. Law abiding citizens don't commit crimes, don't run when they see the police and aren't know by the police as a criminal as I'm sure Mr. Gray was.
Old 05-08-2015, 6:47 PM

I've said it once, I'll,say it again.....

Don't......commit.....crimes............... The police will leave you alone. We don't have time to bother with productive people because there are too many crooks to choose from.
Old 05-08-2015, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbuljake View Post
Pretty simple, Mr. Gray is/was a thug, he put himself in harms way that faithful day. Law abiding citizens don't commit crimes, don't run when they see the police and aren't know by the police as a criminal as I'm sure Mr. Gray was.
By doing what? As already expounded upon, the initial reason for detention was not justified. So what exactly did he do to put himself in harms way? Being black maybe???? Yes, he was a thug. Oh well. What did he do on that particular day that should have resulted in him being killed by the police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit74 View Post
I've said it once, I'll,say it again.....

Don't......commit.....crimes............... The police will leave you alone. We don't have time to bother with productive people because there are too many crooks to choose from.
On the actual day in question, what crime did he commit? Seems like the police found a reason (although unjustified) to bother him which resulted in his death by the police. No reason to beat a dead horse and I know that I'm not going to change your opinion (nor you mine) but your statement is not true in all cases. Being a criminal in the past countless times does not mean that on that particular day he had a right to be killed in police custody.
Old 05-08-2015, 7:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3223 View Post
By doing what? As already expounded upon, the initial reason for detention was not justified. So what exactly did he do to put himself in harms way? Being black maybe???? Yes, he was a thug. Oh well. What did he do on that particular day that should have resulted in him being killed by the police?

On the actual day in question, what crime did he commit? Seems like the police found a reason (although unjustified) to bother him which resulted in his death by the police. No reason to beat a dead horse and I know that I'm not going to change your opinion (nor you mine) but your statement is not true in all cases. Being a criminal in the past countless times does not mean that on that particular day he had a right to be killed in police custody.
The detention was unjustified? As expounded upon by who, an inexperienced state prosecutor that is botching the case? SCOTUS decided in Illinois v. Wardlow, No. 98-1036 that the man's presence in an area known for heavy narcotics trafficking, combined with his unprovoked flight, justified the police search. Sound familiar? And this doesn't even take into account any probation or parole restrictions that Mr. Gray may have been under.

The detention is most likely legal, the knife is most likely illegal under Baltimore city law which makes the arrest legal. The question remains as to how he died and the prosecution has not made any specific accusations about what happened and who supposedly did it public.
The prosecutor caved from the pressure of the lynch mob mentality instead of remaining professional and most likely will end up having to at a minimum, drop the charges against two of the officers that happen to be white, leaving one white officer and three black officers on the hook. It will be interesting to see how the lynch mob will react if this happens.

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 05-08-2015 at 7:30 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3223 View Post

Trickster summed it up pretty good. dave3223, it's apparent you're not a LEO, and thank goodness.

BTW, Interesting fact that when a police officer is murdered by someone like Mr. Gray, nobody, and I mean nobody protests in the streets or demands justice. It's a one sided coin and you're too blind to see it. Rant over!
Old 05-08-2015, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbuljake View Post
Trickster summed it up pretty good. dave3223, it's apparent you're not a LEO, and thank goodness.

BTW, Interesting fact that when a police officer is murdered by someone like Mr. Gray, nobody, and I mean nobody protests in the streets or demands justice. It's a one sided coin and you're too blind to see it. Rant over!
Double Concur - Pit Bul

FYI --Posted this in the Baltimore thread a bit ago:

Let's all just give a big high 5 to the Musician formerly known as "Prince". He has announced that he will be performing a benefit concert in Baltimore for Freddie Gray. He has asked all those in attendance to wear "Gray".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/video...d=ansVariety11

ATTN ON DECK PRINCE: "BRIAN MOORE NYPD - 25 YRS OLD -ASSASSINATED ON DUTY - PUTTING NARCOTICS DEALERS LIKE FREDDIE GREY IN JAIL"!!!!

Last edited by retired; 06-08-2015 at 4:50 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 8:35 PM

The rap sheet is listed to keep the "a certain group of people down" let's face it.

He could of committed murder in the past even so, in this Country you have the right to a fair trail and there is nothing that excuses his in custody death.

We have a race problem in this Country.

Triple

LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

LINK: 1911 Shootout: RIA vs Kimber vs DW's Valor

Last edited by TripleThreat; 06-04-2015 at 1:04 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 8:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
The rap sheet is listed to keep the "a certain group of people down" let's face it.

He could of committed murder in the pas even so, in this Country you have the right to a fair trail and there is nothing that excuses he's in custody death.

Triple
Yes we do, it's just too bad that so many people that belong to the race with the problem, refuse to acknowledge it and blames everyone else.

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-08-2015, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Yes we do, it's just too bad that so many people that belong to the race with the problem, refuse to acknowledge it and blames everyone else.
Spin doctor. Keep it classy.

Triple

Old 05-08-2015, 8:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Spin doctor. Keep it classy.

Triple
Keep it truthful. Sorry if the the truth and facts offend you but it is exactly that unwillingness to address the problem that prevents it from being solved.

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-08-2015, 8:52 PM

POINT OF ORDER:

Non LEOS - Please Read The Rules Before Posting!

Sticky Thread Sticky: READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING!
Kestryll

Simply put - If you have a question, Feel free to ask--You will get the answer--
If you want to lecture ---Take it somewhere else
Old 05-08-2015, 8:54 PM

Quote:

He could of committed murder in the pas even so, in this Country you have the right to a fair trail and there is nothing that excuses he's in custody death.

Triple
Haha...tell me a person's rap sheet and priors have no bearing on what they do.

Tell me that when a child rapist hangs out at your daughter's school....."But but but he is a child rapst!"

Well in this country you have a right to a fair trial.....

Previous contacts with the police in certain areas is more than enough for reasonable suspicion.

It has nothing to do with race. Why does it have to be racist? Would it have mattered if he was white?
Old 05-08-2015, 9:02 PM

FWIW, I am a LEO and I'm one of the few that see and understands both sides.

Triple

Old 05-08-2015, 9:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Triple
I worked with black LEO's that think OJ is innocent. They put color before common sense.
Old 05-08-2015, 9:11 PM

That knife cuts both ways.

Old 05-08-2015, 9:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Triple
So do you think that the initial contact, detention, and search of Mr Gray was lawful?

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-08-2015, 9:33 PM

The question I care about is do you think his broken neck was justified?

Most are willing to dismiss it because of Gray's race, after all it's a common occurrence today. Not sure if you're trying to be a trickster, but if that was your son, neighbor, brother etc., you would not be asking if the detention was justifiable, you'd ask was the in custody death justifiable.

Triple

Last edited by TripleThreat; 05-09-2015 at 12:00 AM..
Old 05-08-2015, 9:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The questions I care about is do you think his broken neck was justifiable?

Most are willing to dismiss it because Gray's race, after all it's a common occurrence today. If that was your son, neighbor, brother etc., you would not be asking if the detention was justifiable, you'd ask was the in custody death justifiable.

Triple
You think Gray was killed because he was black, when the accused officer is also black?

I will wait for all the evidence to come out, but the leaks so far do not look good for the prosecution.
Old 05-08-2015, 9:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
The questions I care about is do you think his broken neck was justifiable?

Most are willing to dismiss it because Gray's race, after all it's a common occurrence. If that was your son, neighbor, brother etc, you would not be asking if the detention was justifiable, you'd ask was the in custody death justifiable.

Triple
We don't know how his injuries occurred, but we do know what led up to the arrest so lets go one step at a time. Does the contact and detention appear to be legal?

As far as those dismissing his death, I have yet to see anyone dismissing it because of his race but instead point to his criminal activities. You are the one that injected his race into the equation.

And I expect family to not understand the legalities of the situation and let their emotions take over. But that is not how a professional LEO should operate, a professional LEO should be looking at all of the facts and evidence and not be ruled by emotions, that is how you determine how and what really happened and give the family what they deserve, the truth.

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Anyone catch the fact that according to a police spokesman, the prosecutor is related to Gray?

Conflict of interest maybe?

"Holy Crud, nothing seems to change on CalGuns.

LASD Retired
1978-2011

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
FPC Supporter
Old 05-09-2015, 11:56 AM

#onlyblacklivesmatter?

gb
Old 05-09-2015, 1:07 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Triple
Honest question....Are you a Peace Officer or a Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff?

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it
Old 05-09-2015, 1:58 PM

Quote:

Triple
I'm not what you would call a die hard cop. Was at one point, but I'd also be happy doing something else like working in the aviation industry or a motorcycle shop. I don't always side with the good old boys, such as what went down with the horse thief. They whooped his *** good, which was a departure from lawfulness in my view.

Having said that, you are oblivious to actual facts. It's as if you are looking through spectacles which only allow propaganda and CNN-facts through. Anything relevant is immediately refuted with slander and misinformed jibber-jabber.

Grey didn't deserve to die for his crimes in progress, but it's obvious to anyone with a broad spectrum view he was a participant in his demise. I am not convinced the LEs are the cause of his death, albeit they are involved parties.

I think when we see the real facts in court, we all have the right to pass judgement. But not until it all comes out.
Old 05-09-2015, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit74 View Post
I think when we see the real facts in court, we all have the right to pass judgement. But not until it all comes out.
Great comment. Just wish the keyboard commandos and Monday Morning Quarterbacks had the same mindset.

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it
Old 06-04-2015, 8:55 AM

We may not see what the evidence is.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/03/ma...grays-autopsy/

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-cont...3368088544.jpg

Marilyn Mosby Seeks Protective Order To Block Release Of Freddie Gray’s Autopsy.

Baltimore City state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby hopes to block the release of the autopsy of Freddie Gray and other documents related to the investigation into the 25-year-old’s April 19 death.

The protective order, filed Monday and reported by The Baltimore Sun, is raising accusations from an attorney for one of the six officers charged in the Gray case that Mosby’s request shows that the autopsy is her case.

Gray’s autopsy was released only to Mosby’s office, as required by state law. The Baltimore police department, which was conducting a parallel investigation at the same time Mosby’s investigators were conducting one of their own, was not provided the results of the autopsy.
Old 06-04-2015, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusweb View Post
We may not see what the evidence is.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/03/ma...grays-autopsy/

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-cont...3368088544.jpg

Marilyn Mosby Seeks Protective Order To Block Release Of Freddie Gray’s Autopsy.

Baltimore City state’s attorney Marilyn Mosby hopes to block the release of the autopsy of Freddie Gray and other documents related to the investigation into the 25-year-old’s April 19 death.

The protective order, filed Monday and reported by The Baltimore Sun, is raising accusations from an attorney for one of the six officers charged in the Gray case that Mosby’s request shows that the autopsy is her case.

Gray’s autopsy was released only to Mosby’s office, as required by state law. The Baltimore police department, which was conducting a parallel investigation at the same time Mosby’s investigators were conducting one of their own, was not provided the results of the autopsy.
I'm going to go with its more of a the facts contained don't jive with murder charges versus they are trying to protect the integrity (lol) of the investigation.
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.