Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-18-2012, 3:17 AM

Default .223 & .308 BLANKS???

Does anyone know where I can buy a small quantity of original factory/military .223 and .308 blanks in the L.A./S. Cal area???

I am in need of enough for a 21 gun salute for a small private funeral/dedication service that the family of a late friend/shooting buddy of mine is having on the 26th of this month.

FYI, it's for one of our fellow CALGUNS brothers, MARK MANNING, who recently passed away after fighting a long battle with cancer for the past few years. I can't remember exactly, but his screen name was something like "TEN X", "TEN RING", "X RING", or something similar. He lived in the L.A. area and used to work at Northridge International surplus a number of years ago. He was one of our shooting buddies, and very knowledgeable about firearms. He will be missed!!!
THANK YOU,
Vic

Last edited by m2hbvic; 05-20-2012 at 11:45 AM..
Old 05-18-2012, 6:48 AM

PSA is known for relatively quick ship times. My condolences sir.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...s-per-box.html
Old 05-18-2012, 9:29 AM

Thank you, DETER, for the info and condolences. I'll give them a try. Might have to go with a combination of .223/.308/.30-06 for the 21 gun salute because of logistics, as far as how many rifles we can muster up that use one common caliber. If not, then it'll end up being a combination of AR-15's, M1A's, M1 Garands, etc. for the salute.
Old 05-18-2012, 9:35 AM

I have some 5.56 blanks that I don't use. I don't know how many I have, but I have at least 21. If you want them, you can have them. I am in the Inland Empire, but my roommate works in Fullerton.
Old 05-18-2012, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

Check out ammoman.com I Know this is way too much for what you need it for but you could see if any calgunners want to split the case with you. Plus you could always use it to practice with if you dont want to dry fire practice.
http://www.ammoman.com/p/63/223-blanks
Old 05-18-2012, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

I have plenty original USGI blanks in 5.56 and 7.62. How many do you need? These must ship UPS or Fedex (ORM-D) so you pick up the shipping and they are yours. You can pay online to the shipper and arrange a pickup at my address. I'll box them up and have them ready for pickup if that works for you.
Ken
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Careful using PSA right now, they are great but they're also backed up with orders from the Mother's Day free shipping.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hbvic View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy a small quantity of original factory/military .223 and .308 blanks in the L.A./S. Cal area???

I am in need of enough for a 21 gun salute for a small private funeral/dedication service that the family of a late friend/shooting buddy of mine is having on the 26th of this month.
THANK YOU,
Vic
I have some on hand from my Army days..I'm sure they still will go bang. I will check to see how many I have. You can have them. I am in the Los Angeles area.

Dave
Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 PM

Sorry for your loss. Awesome for you to put together this kind of tribute.

One quick thought - almost nothing fouls up an AR style rifle (pun intended) worse than shooting blanks through it.

If it were me, and I had a "nice" AR and a "budget" AR, I'd run blanks through the "budget" rifle and then clean the crap out of it afterward.
Old 05-18-2012, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedabizness View Post
Sorry for your loss. Awesome for you to put together this kind of tribute.

One quick thought - almost nothing fouls up an AR style rifle (pun intended) worse than shooting blanks through it.

If it were me, and I had a "nice" AR and a "budget" AR, I'd run blanks through the "budget" rifle and then clean the crap out of it afterward.
While you are absolutely correct about blanks, in this case there is no blank adaptor and the gas tube won't be pushing back that dirty gas in to the combustion area. It shouldn't be a big deal...I had honor guard duty before and it didn't get my rifle that much more dirty. Now with the blank adaptor...man I would rather go "bang" vocally than shoot my rifle with those blanks.

Dave
Old 05-19-2012, 1:21 AM

Thanks guys, for all the helpful replies! DAVE07997S, I sent you a private message in reply to your offer since you're the closest to me.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Hey DAVE07997S, and everyone else. Cancel the search for blank ammo. The friends/family made some changes to the funeral/memorial service and they all want a 21-gun salute done with the .50 BMG rifle instead. I guess they want to honor him with a bigger bang. Besides, he loved firing the .50 and he was an armorer in the U.S. Army, so I guess it stands to reason why, and we're all for honoring the families wishes and what he wanted in his will. He wanted his ashes spread out on the private shooting range that he loved to go camping/shooting on at his cousin's property in the Tehachapi mountains. We'll definitely honor his wishes by having a big get-together shoot/BBQ with all his family/friends, and then we'll have a ceremony in his honor and spread his ashes on the range.