Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 5:09 PM

Default Thumbs up at Reseda

I know Turner's always seems to get knocked for their customer service, and I have had my share of bad experiences there, but I would like to acknowledge the great service provided by thier employee Vincent. Not only did he provide wonderful service and personal experience, but also admonished some idiots who felt the need to put thier fingers on the trigger and barrel sweep while checking out an AR. Gun safety should be our number one priority as owners and dealers. We certainly don't need another reason for rights as gun owners to be reduced.
Old 05-17-2012, 8:14 PM
Veteran Member

What makes you think those people were "idiots"? Just because they had their fingers on the triggers?

They could be new to the sport and most new people do that. It is the responsibility of the staff to make sure the guns are safe and unloaded before showing them to customers. You can only really expect them to demonstrate safety proficiency after attaining an HSC and doing the safety demo. With long guns, I only expect that people know or should know all the safety precautions at the time of purchasing one.
Old 05-17-2012, 8:43 PM

The reason that I called the two gentlemen idiots was that they were told to keep their fingers off the trigger before being handed the rifle, and twice while they were handling the rifle. Since this was a long gun, no HSC or safety demo was necessary. Vincent did the proper chamber check and a brief synopsis on proper handling of the AR in front of these guys. I understand that new shooters do not always understand firearm etiquette, but it would seem common sense to me not to point any firearm, loaded or not, at any other patrons in the store. They broke both rule #1 and rule #2 of firearm safety. Anyway, they were picking up a Remington 870 and were looking at the S&P 15 sport as an in case zombies attack gun.