Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymergist View Post
Cant say for sure, but I suspect it has something to do with the maker of the paperweight being involved with it being turned into a gun probably violates the ATF letter or other laws and becomes illegal manufacture. I just checked and found a reference to that in the cnc80.com thread where they are not allowed to do any finishing at the site they do the manufacturing.

This is a slightly educated guess, take it as that.
makes sense.

Considering the business and lines they have for AR build parties, I hope they get things sorted with the Rudiuses.

The Second Amendment will always be under attack, because it is the only veto held by the people.
TTAG -Sammy-
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
DST stopped build parties about the time they came out with their own 80% lower?
Things that make you go Hmmm?
KTord comes to mind and with all the "just bolt your paperweight in a jig and push a button" parties even being show on the news i only see bad things coming to the real builders .....
Old 03-02-2013, 6:15 PM

Quote:
DST stopped build parties about the time they came out with their own 80% lower?
I thought DST stopped selling their lowers recently
Old 03-02-2013, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Indeed. I would guess that if the ATF "suggested" that it would be a bad idea to do, and also not a good idea to talk about it that most logical people would listen....

But that is just a guess.
Old 03-02-2013, 7:31 PM

And we wait..

-joe
Old 03-03-2013, 8:29 AM

This is Mike from Ares Armor. Just to clear somethings up. Glb was told by Jeremy last Friday, mid morning about the new jig and grip. He was told the first frames we produced will be fixed with the new jig. It cannot be fixed by using the old jig. Glb was also told about the new grip. Jeremy told him they are doing the last final touches on the new grip and in 2 weeks it will be in production. Glb and Banana have the list for the GB. They told us they would get to us so we can get your frames out to you. That has yet to happen. Glb is putting the blame on us when we are doing our part. They are not doing theirs.

Here is the new jig for everyone to see

Rudius Jig-Basic.jpg

Thank you,
Mike
Old 03-03-2013, 8:47 AM
nulla lex prohibet
CGN Contributor

So can I trade my old jig for the new one? I haven't used it at all.
Old 03-03-2013, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psssniper View Post
So can I trade my old jig for the new one? I haven't used it at all.

As soon as we have them in we are allowing people to swap them out.
Old 03-03-2013, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon-Arms View Post
Wonder what this is about.
Glb is mistaken about the ATF shutting our build parties down. We are doing a lot of equipment repairs and maintenance in the building. That is why we are not running the build parties right now. We are looking to have everything up and running around the 2nd week of March.
Old 03-03-2013, 9:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Fantastic, thanks for the update! I take it you'll let us know when they're ready to be swapped?
Old 03-03-2013, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootHunter View Post
Fantastic, thanks for the update! I take it you'll let us know when they're ready to be swapped?
We will notify the GB coordinator when you are able to swap them out.
Old 03-03-2013, 9:14 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Tuma View Post
This is Mike from Ares Armor. Just to clear somethings up. Glb was told by Jeremy last Friday, mid morning about the new jig and grip. He was told the first frames we produced will be fixed with the new jig. It cannot be fixed by using the old jig. Glb was also told about the new grip. Jeremy told him they are doing the last final touches on the new grip and in 2 weeks it will be in production. Glb and Banana have the list for the GB. They told us they would get to us so we can get your frames out to you. That has yet to happen. Glb is putting the blame on us when we are doing our part. They are not doing theirs.

Here is the new jig for everyone to see

Thank you,
Mike
Thanks Mike for the update.
What is Ares' plan as far as proceeding from here?
Are you saying Glb and theBanana have the list and you don't?
Given the fact that you are both (Ares and the GB organizers) telling us different stories, what are the GB members that are still waiting on frames and jigs to do?
Simply wait patiently and hope for the best?
I know that typical GB rules are that GB members deal with only the GB organizers, not directly with the vendors.
But that seems to have fallen apart.

Best case scenario for me would be to get the frames I paid for (2) now, with old style grips, and then the jig and new grips when they are available.
Before you posted the jig update and other info here today, I posted a request that my jig be swapped for a frame and shipped immediately, which I would also accept as a second-best resolution (provided frames do not need to be "fixed" and that I get replacement grips later).

What we GB members need is regular, accurate, reliable communication from someone that really knows what is going on and is dedicated to making things right. It can be Ares or the GB organizers, but it has to be somebody.
Understand that we are nearly a year since payment and many folks are very frustrated that they are seeing Rudii pop up all over the place while we still don't have ours.
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 03-03-2013, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Thanks Mike for the update.
What is Ares' plan as far as proceeding from here?
Are you saying Glb and theBanana have the list and you don't?
Given the fact that you are both (Ares and the GB organizers) telling us different stories, what are the GB members that are still waiting on frames and jigs to do?
Simply wait patiently and hope for the best?
I know that typical GB rules are that GB members deal with only the GB organizers, not directly with the vendors.
But that seems to have fallen apart.

Best case scenario for me would be to get the frames I paid for (2) now, with old style grips, and then the jig and new grips when they are available.
Before you posted the jig update and other info here today, I posted a request that my jig be swapped for a frame and shipped immediately, which I would also accept as a second-best resolution (provided frames do not need to be "fixed" and that I get replacement grips later).

What we GB members need is regular, accurate, reliable communication from someone that really knows what is going on and is dedicated to making things right. It can be Ares or the GB organizers, but it has to be somebody.
Understand that we are nearly a year since payment and many folks are very frustrated that they are seeing Rudii pop up all over the place while we still don't have ours.
Your frames are at our shop. A couple weeks ago Glb put up on CGN that we have the list for the GB. When someone from the GB contacted me I took care of him through facebook. Glb that day put on our facebook thread that the list we have is inaccurate. We are waiting for the list from the coordinator and also the list that have the names of people that want to swap out the jigs for frames. Until this is provided to us by the GB coordinator we are at a stand still. Everything is being taken care of as far as our products go. I can assure you of that. GB coordinator's are who we are waiting on besides the products to finish your GB.
Old 03-03-2013, 9:47 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

PM sent to glbtrottr
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober
Hi glbtrottr-
I mentioned in the GB thread that I would like to have my jig swapped for a frame (for a total of 3) and all frames shipped ASAP.

Ares has now posted in the thread that they do not have a current accurate list for our GB, and also lack the info for who wants frames swapped for jigs.

Based on the new jig drawing posted in the thread I'd like to recant my jig/frame swap if possible and switch back to my original order, 2 frames and 1 jig.

Ship frames w/ old grips ASAP please. Ship jig and new grips when they become available.

Please send a current, accurate list to Ares IMMEDIATELY so that they can not continue to claim they do not have one.
Thank you for all your efforts on this GB.
-goober
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM

I still want to swap jig for frame, and get them sent out ASAP if possible.

Thank you
-joe
Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Can you confirm I am on the list? If so, please ship my 6 frames.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762shooter View Post
Can you confirm I am on the list? If so, please ship my 6 frames.
Ares Armor was told by the GB Coordinator we do not have the accurate list's. We need the list's from the GB Coordinator before we can ship out any frames.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM

I added frames to my original order and would like confirmation of my totals please. fugov08 I am sending you a pm, please respond.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM

Hey guys,
Mike let me use his CG account real quick to post an explanation as to why I stepped down.... There was a comment earlier about me running off to Mexico or something like that with all the companies money. I got a giggle out of that but its not the Case.

My resignation really wasn't supposed to be public information but since the cat got let out of the bag here we go:

I have been working at Ares since February of 2010 putting in on average 12-16 hour days, 7 days a week. I can count on one hand the number of days I have taken off from work during that time.

The main reason I resigned has nothing to do with Ares it has to do with me wanting to be able to spend time with my daughter. She lives about 10 hours away from me and I do not get a lot of time to go and see her.

My Ex-Wife has agreed to let me have her for an extended period of time coming up here pretty soon. so I needed to be able to have the time to get everything set up for her and have a slightly better schedule when she gets here.

In my resignation letter I cited health issues due to stress. This is what I was talking about. I needed the ability to have shorter hours so that I can focus more on my family.

I am STILL working at Ares. Just not as the CEO. As of now I am in an executive consultant position.

Mike is more than capable for what needs to be done and we have some really good **** going on here very soon!

Thanks

-Dimitri
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM

Mike, could you please check your emails regarding a build party issue? Need resolution to it, I sent it direct to your email address and titled it as such. Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainShooter View Post
I added frames to my original order and would like confirmation of my totals please. fugov08 I am sending you a pm, please respond.
I just sent you a pm
Old 03-03-2013, 1:14 PM
Pre-Banned
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thank you Mike and Dimitri for coming here and clearing up the situation publicly. We all appreciate it.
NRA Life Member

Old 03-03-2013, 1:26 PM

Fantastic!!!!

The Second Amendment will always be under attack, because it is the only veto held by the people.
TTAG -Sammy-
Old 03-03-2013, 2:36 PM

Glad to hear from Dimitri! Things are happening again, you got soon to be happy people and I hope all works out with your daughter. It's great to hear from the source and helps to ease a lot of minds. thanks guys over at Ares, and thanks to Mike and Dmitri.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-03-2013, 2:53 PM

Globetrotter,
Please get the updated list to Ares! I added frames to my order and they do not have my additional frames included on the list they have.
Thank you Mike for coming in here and clearing things up. It is very much appreciated!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM

Default Group buy #2

It's interesting that GB #2 has a date for their frames and I'm glad to see that Ares has finally post something here on this thread. I just hope this gets sorted out sooner rather than later, and we don't get left waiting on lists to be updated or handed over.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugov08 View Post
Your frames are at our shop. A couple weeks ago Glb put up on CGN that we have the list for the GB. When someone from the GB contacted me I took care of him through facebook. Glb that day put on our facebook thread that the list we have is inaccurate. We are waiting for the list from the coordinator and also the list that have the names of people that want to swap out the jigs for frames. Until this is provided to us by the GB coordinator we are at a stand still. Everything is being taken care of as far as our products go. I can assure you of that. GB coordinator's are who we are waiting on besides the products to finish your GB.
That someone was me. I received my paperweights in 2 days from posting. Like I said guys, Ares are great. They do what they say.
Old 03-04-2013, 7:03 AM

Tbanks for the updates.

Gb2 has a pickup date while gb1 does not?
Old 03-04-2013, 8:24 AM

Banana gave out her phone number to some of the group buy purchasers. If any of you read this thread, would you please pm me that phone number?
Old 03-04-2013, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut232 View Post
It's interesting that GB #2 has a date for their frames and I'm glad to see that Ares has finally post something here on this thread. I just hope this gets sorted out sooner rather than later, and we don't get left waiting on lists to be updated or handed over.
Organization will do wonders. I noticed that my received my frame from Ares directly which was interesting because my understanding was glb or banana was going to be sending them. Either way, Ares said that the only hold up is basically the order list. Pretty basic hold up if you ask me.
Old 03-04-2013, 4:32 PM
Super Moderator

Good to see that you guys are posting here, and that the new jigs are looking good.

What about the V1 -> V2 corrections? Will those be done on our paperweights, or will they at least be disclosed to us so that we can perform them ourselves? This is really the main thing I care about.
Old 03-04-2013, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammaton76 View Post
Good to see that you guys are posting here, and that the new jigs are looking good.

What about the V1 -> V2 corrections? Will those be done on our paperweights, or will they at least be disclosed to us so that we can perform them ourselves? This is really the main thing I care about.

With the new jig it will correct the issues with the frame.
Old 03-04-2013, 4:57 PM
Veteran Member

Guys,

We just got off the phone with Dimitri.

Ares is providing a list of things shipped already to us, and in turn, we will provide a list to Ares of all the people who need frames shipped , the jig to frame swaps, and the pickups.

There is obviously a lot going on that would be inappropriate to share on this thread, suffice it to say that Dimitri and us are working it out. He's a great guy, and we'll sort through it.

The fact of the matter is that not until THIS WEEK, as in TODAY, have I seen the drawing on the jig, which was posted on the group buy thread, though it was promised to me last Friday. Congratulations.

Additionally, the grip is not currently functional. When that will or won't happen is up to Ares. Hopefully that will happen soon. Regardless, the grip is currently not functional, i.e. the product is not yet complete.

The changes on the width of the frame were not addressed, so if you're confused about version one versus version two, they're all the same frame - no changes appear to have been made, which should clarify some confusion. Since no changes will be made to the frame, I guess Ares will be shipping the only version of frame ever made. Great.

There is a question of whether to wait for the frames to be shipped when the grips are complete. Some will want them now, some when it's right; I imagine that Dimitri would have Ares ship grips at no cost to everyone when they're finished, so I will guess the sooner we get everyone their version 1 frame the better off we will be by completing this group buy as soon as able.

Lastly, the jigs. By moving the goal post on the jig, some will want their jig now, some later, some not at all, which creates substantial work on our part since we also have to track who wants frames instead of jigs. We're happy to do that, but we do have a day job. So... we will work over the next few days and administer along with someone from Ares to try to get everyone their group buy material.

Quote:
Glb is mistaken about the ATF shutting our build parties down. We are doing a lot of equipment repairs and maintenance in the building. That is why we are not running the build parties right now. We are looking to have everything up and running around the 2nd week of March.
So go ahead and call me a liar then - please do.

If I'm lying, call me out. It's not like I was involved in helping with the ATF paperwork or anything.

And it's not like I haven't built 80% AR15 frames on that fully functional VF4 since either.

Onward.
Old 03-04-2013, 5:41 PM

If I'm lying, call me out. It's not like I was involved in helping with the ATF paperwork or anything.

And it's not like I haven't built 80% AR15 frames on that fully functional VF4 since either.

Onward.[/QUOTE]

temp95temp95taken95picture.jpg

temp95temp95taken95picture_2.jpg

temp95temp95taken95picture_3.jpg

temp95temp95taken95picture_4.jpg

temp95temp95taken95picture_5.jpg

Thought you guys may like to see some progress of the shop.
Old 03-04-2013, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

The metal shop looks like it's coming along - thank you for your non-answer reply.

Let us know when Jason Davis gets word from ATF that it is ok for the Metal Shop to resume operations completing frames.

Ill take a retraction from you anytime.

Meanwhile, Dimitri continues to work with us. Thanks again to all for your patience.
Old 03-04-2013, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbtrottr View Post
The metal shop looks like it's coming along - thank you for your non-answer reply.

Let us know when Jason Davis gets word from ATF that it is ok for the Metal Shop to resume operations completing frames.

Ill take a retraction from you anytime.

Meanwhile, Dimitri continues to work with us. Thanks again to all for your patience.
I would just appreciate a response from you glbtrottr! At least send ares the information that I have asked you to! A simple pm to Mike to confirm my order total since I added frames to the original order because he does not have that information! I have the original usps money order receipt and paypal statement verifying the amounts of money that I have sent to you. Having sent you and banana several pm's in the last 6 weeks with NO RESPONSE AT ALL is unacceptable and disappointing! I get it that you have to work. I work also, but have the respect and decency to return phone calls and emails regardless of importance. You volunteered to run this group buy!
Old 03-04-2013, 7:35 PM
Veteran Member

Mountain shooter,

I appreciate your participation in the group buy as well a your patience.

There has been lots of movement on the group buy list, as I stopped maintaining the list when Banana wet to work at Ares. We stopped taking orders since people continued adding, removing and changing things all around. To the extent that Ares has not been able to have final product delivered, I haven't focused on the list as much a the banana has since there had been no product to retire a list against.

The Banana thanks she may have replies to you; we are currently at a gun control event in LA, but will check back ASAP. As she mentioned she was on it, I thought it was addressed.

I will check with her tonight and cross ref your name with payment records (they are separate for safeguarding list purposes), and let you know in the next day or so.

Thank you.

Last edited by glbtrottr; 03-04-2013 at 7:42 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 8:54 PM
Pre-Banned

Quote:
With the new jig it will correct the issues with the frame.
Mike, will you please share the modifications that need to be done? Some of us don't have jigs, or even have them on order, because we are making them on mills. If something is out of spec with the frames that have already been shipped / will be shipped, we need to just know the details so that they can be addressed.
NRA Life Member

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Assuming that you guys get the list all done and such, I'm still willing to come up to Oceanside to do pickup (although shipping is fine with me too). I signed up for pickup to keep their costs down, and I don't see a need to make Ares change things over and spend money on shipping my items instead.

That having been said, if it makes it easier for you I'm fine with shipping too.
Old 03-05-2013, 1:25 PM

For those of you that are going to be cutting your Rudius without a jig or just want to know the actual cut dimensions.
Rudius cuts.jpg