Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 11-30-2012, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
"casting"...

So are they being made to the Ares letter or to the letter previously mentioned spec?
Ok, now you are getting to the point where you are just thread crapping. You really need to knock it off. You are not part of this GB. You have already made your feelings quite clear. And yet you keep coming back in here and trying to stir up trouble. Please stop. Or do we need to talk to the mods about your behavior? The head janitor here has a very low tolerance for bu!!$#!^. I don't think he would be amused by your antics. It is time to bow out gracefully and leave the rest of us alone.

-Mb
Old 11-30-2012, 3:42 PM
Calguns Addict

And this is what couch sent me as a pm:

"What I posted is a legitimate question. Are the Radius being made to how they previously showed or how they recently showed? Keep in mind their letter approves their old design but they stated they are making them differently to abide by another letter that wasn't written to them.

Do YOU know what Ares will finally unveil as their Rudius? Because it hasn't been defined ANYWHERE. Fact is, nothing has been clear and all of the Radius threads are a shot show with some info here, some info there, some info on FB, some info withheld, so yes you are correct, I am not in this very exact specific first calguns forum glbtrottr banana group buy however I am a part of this forum and the OTHER group buy is not closed nor dies it have all the info. So when you can find in the rules that unless you're part of a group buy you can't post in said group buy thread, pound sand. "

Well, I don't feel like pounding sand. I feel like letting people know that your behavior is poor, to say the least. And I still say that you are thread crapping. And you really should stop already. We got the fact that you have issues. But you really, really aren't contributing anything to this thread. And your posts are only here to poke fun at people. If you are so fed up with everything, why do you keep coming back here?

-Mb
Old 11-30-2012, 3:51 PM

im part of this group buy and i think that Couch brings up some valid points.

I am glad that there is now a ATF letter, and i also think that not publishing it completely is kinda suspect. However, i do realize that the Rudius is still not yet officially released, and Ares needs to keep a few things secret so other unscrupulous companies dont copy their designs.

If we can get more info before the official release then that would be great, if not, then i can wait. No biggie for me either way.
Old 11-30-2012, 4:00 PM

I believe is it entirely possible that the ATF used the term "casting" as just a default term for block of metal shaped like gun. I really think Couch is reading WAY in between those lines.

NRA Life Member...Are you?!?!

Can't wait to be DEEP SEA!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson 1787

Old 11-30-2012, 4:05 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfearl View Post
I believe is it entirely possible that the ATF used the term "casting" as just a default term for block of metal shaped like gun. I really think Couch is reading WAY in between those lines.
I agree BUT how hard would it be for Ares to just clear all this up???

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 11-30-2012, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
I agree BUT how hard would it be for Ares to just clear all this up???
Not hard, but im not too worried. I believe the post by AR-Tuma where he said "This is the final prototype" and had pics of it. I will be expecting to get that frame.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson 1787

Old 11-30-2012, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post

"What I posted is a legitimate question. Are the Radius being made to how they previously showed or how they recently showed? Keep in mind their letter approves their old design but they stated they are making them differently to abide by another letter that wasn't written to them.

Do YOU know what Ares will finally unveil as their Rudius? Because it hasn't been defined ANYWHERE. Fact is, nothing has been clear and all of the Radius threads are a shot show with some info here, some info there, some info on FB, some info withheld, so yes you are correct, I am not in this very exact specific first calguns forum glbtrottr banana group buy however I am a part of this forum and the OTHER group buy is not closed nor dies it have all the info. So when you can find in the rules that unless you're part of a group buy you can't post in said group buy thread, pound sand. "

Well, I don't feel like pounding sand. I feel like letting people know that your behavior is poor, to say the least. And I still say that you are thread crapping. And you really should stop already. We got the fact that you have issues. But you really, really aren't contributing anything to this thread. And your posts are only here to poke fun at people. If you are so fed up with everything, why do you keep coming back here?

-Mb
To be fair, I am wondering the same thing. There has been plenty of confusion, mostly from the lack of information. Personally, I have no idea what the frame I will be receiving looks like. I have seen pictures, but will it be that one? Or another, an earlier model?

Quote:
Not hard, but im not too worried. I believe the post by AR-Tuma where he said "This is the final prototype" and had pics of it. I will be expecting to get that frame.
That's what you're expecting, but do we really know what we are getting? So far at this point, all we really know is we are getting something, and that something has been approved.

Either way, it doesn't look like we'll know until we have product in hand. And either way, that product will be accompanied by a letter.
Old 11-30-2012, 4:26 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingerale View Post
To be fair, I am wondering the same thing. There has been plenty of confusion, mostly from the lack of information. Personally, I have no idea what the frame I will be receiving looks like. I have seen pictures, but will it be that one? Or another, an earlier model?

That's what you're expecting, but do we really know what we are getting? So far at this point, all we really know is we are getting something, and that something has been approved.
and as to whether or not those "somethings" are the same, we have no idea...

Quote:
Either way, it doesn't look like we'll know until we have product in hand. And either way, that product will be accompanied by a letter.
actually, AR_Tuma said a letter would NOT accompany each paperweight. which i don't quite understand. it's pretty much standard practice to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Tuma View Post
The approval letter can be viewed in person at our store however a copy of the letter will not be distributed.
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 11-30-2012, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Tuma View Post
This should be more than enough to "cover your butts"

Attachment 181994

Yes I would say it covers butts nicely. I thank you for posting it.

Craig
Old 11-30-2012, 4:56 PM
Calguns Addict

I am not objecting to him asking questions. I am objecting to him coming in and poking at the animals through the bars. Repeatedly. If you go back through this thread, he comes in, whines, beats dead horses, and generally makes a nuisance of himself without actually contributing anything useful. I believe the phrase "We heard you the first dozen times" applies here. I would expect that level of behavior over at Arf.com, not on a forum like this.

-Mb
Old 11-30-2012, 4:59 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post

-Mb
I took it to PM and you brought it back into the thread. Think about that for a second, you piss and moan about me posting in here so I took it to PRIVATE MESSAGES, then you bring it back into the PUBLIC forum. duh

As mentioned by others that are IN THIS GROUP BUY, they share the same concerns as I do. The other GP is NOT CLOSED and depending on how THIS GP pans out I may get into that buy so this one is extremely relevant to whether I give any money to Ares or not. Information is not shared across the forum into each and every one of those threads, so I'll post it where I see fit. If you have a problem with that, ignore me.
Old 11-30-2012, 5:07 PM

Quote:
I took it to PM and you brought it back into the thread. Think about that for a second, you piss and moan about me posting in here so I took it to PRIVATE MESSAGES, then you bring it back into the PUBLIC forum. duh

As mentioned by others that are IN THIS GROUP BUY, they share the same concerns as I do. The other GP is NOT CLOSED and depending on how THIS GP pans out I may get into that buy so this one is extremely relevant to whether I give any money to Ares or not. Information is not shared across the forum into each and every one of those threads, so I'll post it where I see fit. If you have a problem with that, ignore me.
I agree you do have the freedom to post where you see fit, but this GB is closed and you are not part of it. If you want to ask questions maybe you should stick to the other GB that you MAY join, or you could express your concerns in AR-Tuma's thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=638325&page=2. This will help to keep this GB on track and keep you from pissing everyone here off again for no reason.

Old 11-30-2012, 5:17 PM
CGN Contributor

I've posted in both of those threads, and haven't received answers to direct questions. Nor has anyone else.

No reason... right. What exactly is there to derail in this thread now that the group buy is closed and everyone is just sitting around waiting without answers?

Quote:
I agree you do have the freedom to post where you see fit, but this GB is closed and you are not part of it. If you want to ask questions maybe you should stick to the other GB that you MAY join, or you could express your concerns in AR-Tuma's thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=638325&page=2. This will help to keep this GB on track and keep you from pissing everyone here off again for no reason.
Old 11-30-2012, 5:22 PM

Quote:
I've posted in both of those threads, and haven't received answers to direct questions. Nor has anyone else.

No reason... right. What exactly is there to derail in this thread now that the group buy is closed and everyone is just sitting around waiting without answers?
I don't really understand how there are SOOOO many questions. An employee of ARES came here and posted pics specifically of the FINAL PROTOTYPE. It was very clear to me. That final prototype looked very close to the original Rudius that was sent to the ATF for approval 9 months ago. They changed the polymer grip because of input for this thread. I just really don't understand what possible questions you could have that have you so uncomfortable about buying one.

Old 11-30-2012, 5:24 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I don't really understand how there are SOOOO many questions. An employee of ARES came here and posted pics specifically of the FINAL PROTOTYPE. It was very clear to me. That final prototype looked very close to the original Rudius that was sent to the ATF for approval 9 months ago. They changed the polymer grip because of input for this thread. I just really don't understand what possible questions you could have that have you so uncomfortable about buying one.
You don't read do you.
Old 11-30-2012, 5:27 PM

I have read everything, I have been thinking this same thing about you for quite a while.

Old 11-30-2012, 5:37 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I have read everything, I have been thinking this same thing about you for quite a while.
1) What ATF Approval letter are the paperweights conforming to? The Ares letter that was approved after the paperweights were made or the letter they claimed to follow before theirs was approved?

2) If the latter, which ATF letter was this?

3) Why will no letter be supplied with the paperweights?

4) What operations are necessary to complete the final final, final version of the Rudius?

These are the questions I'm wanting to know, and they have not been answered. Others have asked the same and they have gone unanswered.

Can I make this any more clear?
Old 11-30-2012, 5:41 PM

They didn't just change the polymer grip from the original submission to those "final prototype" photos.

They also changed which holes are drilled etc.

Still has not been confirmed what operations are left to be completed with the various changes that have taken place since the first conception/wording that they use on their web page.

The photos they post contradict said description of what is left to complete.

I still don't think there have been problems, but really were waiting on ATF letter and have stalled since them. Not that I blame them, but I would have just stated that's what the hold up was
Old 11-30-2012, 5:45 PM

Quote:
1) What ATF Approval letter are the paperweights conforming to? The Ares letter that was approved after the paperweights were made or the letter they claimed to follow before theirs was approved?

2) If the latter, which ATF letter was this?

These were my questions. Maybe I'm a slow reader, but I thought I read that frames will conform to another letter that was previously approved, which led me to believe the design somehow changed. Because Ares design is original/proprietary. That's when a stink was made about Ares not have their own letter.

Now that they do, and have been posted. I will assume this is the new, Ares only letter. So are they going back to the Ares original design? That's what I'm confused about. But like I said, it looks like frames will be shipped soon, and we'll have some clear answers very soon. Either way, I'm not worried, this will sit around for a long time(until I go to SoCal).
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

The thing is you don't seem to actually want the answers. You want to come in, strut around and make fun of people. And I brought your PM out because you were telling me to pound sand. If you don't want PMs to go public, don't be obnoxious in them. If you don't have anything nice to say, perhaps you shouldn't say it at all.

-Mb
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 PM

Is it to late to join the group buy. If not count me in for 1.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 PM

Its way too late late to join in now. There is another GB that is going on that I think has not been closed yet. I am on my phone so I can't post a link at the moment.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkelly85 View Post
Is it to late to join the group buy. If not count me in for 1.
This is the one that is still open. Make sure you read the whole thread first if you have any questions.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...629599&page=11

Old 12-01-2012, 12:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
not sure why glbtrottr couldn't post that here... WTF???
WTH, there's another thread now? What's so hard about keeping all of the (limited) info in one damn thread?

Very glad this rigamarole is appearing to near it's end. I look forward to the final product. I completely don't understand the refusal to provide a complete copy of the letter. Hey, just a pdf on the site is fine by me, if printing them out is too much of a hassle/expense.
Old 12-01-2012, 4:05 AM

STOP BLOWING UP MY DAMN EMAIL. THESE BS INTERNET FIGHTS GO TO MY FREAKING PHONE.

Couch, we understand your concerns. I know you want to see an approval letter for these with specs and details or what not. Stop making such a big deal about it. I remember seeing your post on cncguns for your first "70% build" you got from a gun show. I'll even quote it for you ""70%" stainless investment casting with most of the holes already bored to size and the magwell finished." which by the way looked like all the holes were drilled but I could be wrong. I doubt you got an approval letter for that one but you bought it and finished it anyways. So really man enough is enough.

you other people, NO YOU CAN'T get in on this buy. Go to the other group buy. Same for everyone who's been asking to buy in someone's spot. The second group buy is only a few weeks behind.

This thread is driving me crazy. It should not take freaking 28 almost 29 pages of posts to do the following

Introduce product
Get at least 100 people in the buy
Collect the funds
Get product shipped to you.

There has been ZERO discussion about how these are done specifically. Nothing, nada, jack ****. That means the majority of this thread is b*tching at each other, complaining, whining.

Ares has the approval letter, I'm sure we can get a digital copy. We are so far off topic and everyone is measuring their internet dicks we get nowhere fast.
Old 12-01-2012, 7:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savs2k View Post
STOP BLOWING UP MY DAMN EMAIL. THESE BS INTERNET FIGHTS GO TO MY FREAKING PHONE.
I realize I'm not adding much constructively to this thread with this post, except to say, I finally had to unsubscribe and resubscribe with daily e-mail alerts instead of instant alerts. my e-mail alerts go to my phone too. It's become much more manageable doing this for both GB threads.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:21 AM
Calguns Addict

This thread is a tough thread because there were lots of questions to start. As has been previously stated, communication could have been better and has been hampered by health issues and some stuff outside of organizers controls. Some of it has been in organizers control.

I would like to see the full letter as there is no reason to not make it public. My concern is that is something is being redacted, why would that happen. The only other reason for it that I can think of is that it talks about another product that was sent at the same time that Ares doesn't want to release yet. I too noticed the word "casting" which concerned me. Perhaps the ATF is using that in a general sense as an unfinished paperweight. If so, that's fine.

I'm not worried about the delays. I have plenty of other stuff to work on and I haven't bought any parts yet for these. I knew there could be delays as this was a new product being brought to market. Communication could have been much better from all sources. In the end, I believe we will all get our frames. Maybe it is next week or maybe it is next month. No worries.

I'll close on this, the easiest way to end bickering, redundant questions, and rumors is to give complete and concise information. If that had or does happen, the questions and concerns will fade away and we will focus on build awesome 1911 type firearms. Keep in mind that perhaps some of those questions might have been answered in the previous 28 pages. If so, put those Q&A's in the first post so they are easy to find.
Old 12-01-2012, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Couch, we understand your concerns. I know you want to see an approval letter for these with specs and details or what not. Stop making such a big deal about it. I remember seeing your post on cncguns for your first "70% build" you got from a gun show. I'll even quote it for you ""70%" stainless investment casting with most of the holes already bored to size and the magwell finished." which by the way looked like all the holes were drilled but I could be wrong. I doubt you got an approval letter for that one but you bought it and finished it anyways. So really man enough is enough.

you other people, NO YOU CAN'T get in on this buy. Go to the other group buy. Same for everyone who's been asking to buy in someone's spot. The second group buy is only a few weeks behind.

This thread is driving me crazy. It should not take freaking 28 almost 29 pages of posts to do the following

Introduce product
Get at least 100 people in the buy
Collect the funds
Get product shipped to you.

There has been ZERO discussion about how these are done specifically. Nothing, nada, jack ****. That means the majority of this thread is b*tching at each other, complaining, whining.

Ares has the approval letter, I'm sure we can get a digital copy. We are so far off topic and everyone is measuring their internet dicks we get nowhere fast.
x2, agreed. Im probably like you that dont really give a ****. Looks like the major concerns are questions that at the end have to do with shipment date. People were told it can be a while and everyone that paid agreed to it. No need for rush. IF you are in a rush buy a built one.
Old 12-01-2012, 6:50 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Pro-tip: This here's what we call an "internet forum", a place where folks post and discuss their ideas, debate topics, and generally converse.
Blaming your lack of control over your own technology and media channels on the actions of others is fail. Don't want your "DAMN EMAIL" "BLOWING UP"? Turn off email alerts.
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:26 PM

5+ month thread. No email notification means no upates. Anything about relevant is all good. But people starting internet fights and trying to jump into a group buy that's been closed for months... first shipment should be ready to go now and I have no idea if were getting our jigs or not.. no tooling list. Other group buys for parts were not started... all I'm saying is if 1/10 post had to do with anythibg itd be nice. Not people fighting with couch all day its getting old
Old 12-01-2012, 9:08 PM
CGN Contributor

No email notification means check your User CP when convenient for you, like everyone else who frequents forums.

Anyone seen the jigs yet? I'd like to know what they are and how they function so I know if I should buy one along with my paperweights in GB#2
Old 12-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Couch.
I was thinking you had a mill . Why would you even need/want to spend $ on a jig?

Last edited by Guarddog13; 12-02-2012 at 12:52 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 1:32 AM

I wanted to say THANK YOU to Glbtrottr , Banana and Ares/Ar-tuma for this gb!! I know you guys/girl have had to deal with BIG TIME bull**** from some people and your heads must REALLY hurt by now!! Thanks again for all your work!!

Guarddog13

Last edited by Guarddog13; 12-02-2012 at 1:54 AM.. Reason: can't spell for sh&t
Old 12-03-2012, 6:20 PM

that would give me pages of missed post that won't get read. Kind of like how if you read the first post in this thread you'd see the jig and how the jig is designed and works. Since you know so much and all it should be a clear answer if you just looked at the given picture like I did. I mean I understand it decently well and you're obviously smarter then I am....

Quote:
No email notification means check your User CP when convenient for you, like everyone else who frequents forums.

Anyone seen the jigs yet? I'd like to know what they are and how they function so I know if I should buy one along with my paperweights in GB#2
Old 12-04-2012, 1:23 AM
CGN Contributor

You mean the preliminary renderings of the jig that may have changed multiple times like the Rudius?
Old 12-04-2012, 1:54 AM

If you tried using the jig in the format of the rendered photo they have posted and try to finish the frame that they have posted on their webpage, you would be left with two holes that are still not drilled....
Old 12-04-2012, 9:03 AM

So it's Dec 4... Anybody here got their paperweights from Ares already. Please give us a shout just to calm our nerves a little here. :-)
Old 12-04-2012, 9:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Anybody??

Anyone at all??

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Can anyone confirm what type of cut the rear tangs are? I remember someone saying it might be a .250 radius. Looking at the Ares video it looks like they're using a Wilson commander beavertail but on their website it kind of looks like they have the Wilson gov't beavertail on their high end kit photo from zooming into the tang's shape. Gah... Wish someone would just have these and confirm spec's already
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebo0t View Post
their high end kit photo from zooming in
Barrel link is also a #1 in the kit, which is undersize by .010" Start with the "standard" #3 link and adjust from there if necessary.