Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 11-10-2012, 4:08 PM

It's not that no one cares but there isnt much we can do at this point but hope on the 15th some one gets ahold of each of us via pm... I'm sure it's gonna be ok and I'm just hoping the banana is doing well, it's the 10th so I'll give until the 15th to hear from someone.
Old 11-10-2012, 4:09 PM

Yes I believe ares has been paid in full
Old 11-10-2012, 4:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I sent PM's to both globetrotter and banana a few days ago, no response (not surprised since they still haven't logged in since early Oct.) and I just sent an email off to the address (I think banana's) provided for the PayPal from way back when they were accepting that. Included a link to this post so hopefully that one makes it through, it hasn't kicked back yet - so it appears to still be valid - I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
Old 11-10-2012, 5:49 PM

I've sent email two weeks ago with no response. Normally I would be ok but with all three of the original leaders missing and not even logged in for a month. . Its very uneasy. honestly we won't be able to get these on time as it is even if we hand over the buy to someone else. Money was included in our payments for who needed shipping and I believe we hit over the 150 paperweight mark with about half to be shipped.

I do hope banana is ok. She said she had no one to hand this over to. Simply put since shes been gone for so long its obvious shes not well enough to finish this gb. Someone down south needs to take this gb over. Id be willing to split gas with someone up north to take a day trip and pick these up however my 2 seater is not big enough to bring back these.

I don't even know if that's an option because we gave the 3 original leaders our money so they could buy them on our behalf.

I just hope someone can step up and reach banana so we can step up and complete this gb. No company will let that much product just sit around for months taking up space. Lets make something happen here guys so banana can focus on recovering if shes indeed still not well
Old 11-10-2012, 5:55 PM

Also as vader pointed out ares had increased the cost to 175 per rudius. The second group by is the last 125 pricing since ares has agreed to honor their price of 125. A lot of the people in the second group buy are in depending of completion of this original group buy.
Old 11-10-2012, 5:58 PM

I agree, sav where are you located?
Old 11-10-2012, 6:00 PM

I'm going to be in SoCal in about week and a half. I can volunteer pick them up and ship them out but that won't really work as I'm not the person who the funds were paid to. There is probably $1500 in shipping fees. Also, I highly doubt Ares would just let anyone walks on up and say I'll take over.

EDIT: Also, I don't have the master list of who joined later, addresses etc. I think only Banana has all the info to complete this. :/

Last edited by rebo0t; 11-10-2012 at 6:03 PM..
Old 11-10-2012, 6:03 PM

I'm in san jose. If it came down to it I'm ready to go anyday if someone had a car large enough to bring back norcals half. We do have a list of who paid with how many paperweights and jig and who needed shipping. The only problem is technically banana bought everything. We can't really take over the buy without her ok but she and the others can't be reached.
Old 11-10-2012, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Agreed (with your last point reboot), Ares might have additional contact info for them though has anyone tried that route? I know the did give out a phone number according to one of banana's posts, but I checked all my Pm's and couldn't find one.
Old 11-10-2012, 6:11 PM

There was mention some people here had facebook of one of the leaders when they recieved hands on their rudius before the redesign of the grip. It would be a good place to start while we try to figure this out. That is if anyone has it.
Old 11-10-2012, 6:13 PM

I'm in Stockton, if it came down to it I could go as well.
Old 11-10-2012, 6:14 PM

Ares is really hard to get a hold of as is. It would be a miricle if someone got a hold of them. They're good people who are busy. They were already helping us out with this gb. Lets keep cgn on their good side for future bussiness. We can't bug them much for something that went wrong in our side.
Old 11-10-2012, 6:16 PM

Sounds good mr. I just need a 24 hour heads up if it came down to it. We still would need someone from socal to step up as well and would probably meet up down there. At least were making progress on a back up plan
Old 11-10-2012, 6:18 PM

If we have to go I have a week off after the 15th =)
Old 11-10-2012, 6:48 PM

Has anybody besides the group buy coordinators confirmed with ares that our payment is with them?
Old 11-10-2012, 7:07 PM

Moutain, it was confirmed mid august that ares had been paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbtrottr View Post
Sorry lads.
Horribly busy.
Working with my boss.

A comment on this thread - please be patient with me.

Couch, the amount of garbage I've had to deal with regarding this group buy is...a ton.

Thankfully, even as a function of your specific comment, which is a genuine concern on the ATF letter, I've also received some nice and helpful comments I've not yet had a chance to reply to yet.

I don't work for you. I owe you no explanations.

To remind:

I'm a facilitator in a group buy on an exciting upcoming product.

Exciting: over 200 pieces purchased / reserved. Upcoming: everyone knows it's in development.

I'm not a vendor.

I don't want to be a vendor.

I successfully facilitated providing money to a vendor on a group buy.

I did not design the product. I didn't allude that I did. The product completion is not my responsibility. That's Ares.

I offered to organize the group buy of paperweights, and have countless hours along with banana and foxxy getting this done. I paid them. The first milestone is complete.

I'm excited and will remain so until I deliver these. I welcome anyone's help.

I will continue to invest time on this until it's complete.

Everyone assumes and accepts that as an 80% frame, that it's new and some risk is assumed...in particular because we'll have to build it ourselves, and not every frame will be perfect.

Everyone isn't in "deep s*it." Most all of the adults who put in their money accept most of the fact that there's some risk involved. Their risk is being out money. What's their risk? You don't know what you're talking about. Your posting is CONDESCENDING.

Quit sensationalizing the issue. We're gunnies. I will not release anything to anyone if there's legal risk in it. I've stated it.

No one here paid $25k. *I DID*. I'm on the hook to all these people to satisfy the delivery of their product needs as stated. GRATIS. Everyone is at stake from 100-1000 bucks. That's it.

To re-state answers already provided, ARES HAS BEEN PAID.

Other Calgunners were PRESENT when this was done, happened to be there un-advised and un-invited. Lucky for us.

Your ATF question is legitimate. YOUR BATF LETTER QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED. I'm waiting for answers from Dimitri. I spoke with Jeremy on the issue again today. I'm waiting for a call from Dimitri.

ARES is selling PRODUCT and taking half deposits on product pending delivery.

Welcome to the world of innovation. I'm expecting they will get an approval as appropriate.

As a group buy, they took our deposit as payment in full if we purchased greater than a given amount / quantity of frames. The amount we paid in deposit covers the balance owed based on quantity.

Ares has no product liability given presently that the product they promised to deliver isn't due for several more months - publicly stated and accepted as a condition of providing payment.

Do you have an issue with that? If the participants in the group buy do, I'm sure they can gladly take it to ATF. I can't imagine anyone would. No one has brought it up to me so far. Are you part of this group buy?

If you are not part of this group buy or want to be by expressing interest rather than throwing stones and thread crapping, you don't have a dog in this fight. Out of respect for all of the participants in this group buy who are clearly less intelligent than you, please refrain from posting negative crap on their rose-colored thread.

As some very kind and competent people have pointed out over IM (thank you!), the legality and frame configuration of the KTO frame bears ZERO BEARING on the legality of the ARES frame. Couch, you're not BATF. Your concerns are appreciated and noted, and will be addressed.

Abrading the issue while perpetuating fear mongering in my thread is not welcome.

Want to be helpful? MAN UP. I have.

If the 80% issue is so pressing for you that it's burning your biscuits on a group buy I don't think you're a part of (I haven't checked - I don't think you are), then feel free to try to insert yourself between Ares and ATF to facilitate the granting of said letter if it hasn't already been issued. Understand, you'd be accountable to all these players for answers. Wanna step up?

If crap were to go sideways, I'd gladly ask them for a refund IN TOTAL and go through the brutal process of refunding. I don't want that.

Unless you have something helpful to add, please be mindful of additions to this thread.

To all others who have paid for in excess of 200 pieces of material from Ares, as always, your questions are welcomed and your concerns will continue to be forwarded or addressed. The same applies to all others with a genuine interest on this product and group buy.

Thank you.
Old 11-10-2012, 7:12 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainShooter View Post
Has anybody besides the group buy coordinators confirmed with ares that our payment is with them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by savs2k View Post
Moutain, it was confirmed mid august that ares had been paid.
he asked if anybody other that glbtrottr had confirmed it. For instance, if Ares had mentioned on the forum, or to someone who visited their store, that the GB was paid for.

The reason for the question is to make sure that they actually paid the money to Ares and didn't run off with the money.

I'm not saying they did, but I can see how people would have concerns with the lack of contact.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 11-10-2012, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
he asked if anybody other that glbtrottr had confirmed it. For instance, if Ares had mentioned on the forum, or to someone who visited their store, that the GB was paid for.

The reason for the question is to make sure that they actually paid the money to Ares and didn't run off with the money.

I'm not saying they did, but I can see how people would have concerns with the lack of contact.
understood. If that quote was read, somewhere in it stated that other calgun members were they to witness it even though they were not invited. I don't know who they are but there were other people besides the three leaders that witness the payment.

I have also gone through the entire thread from page one to the last page and just finished. Banana was said she was sick 9/10. Made one post 9/11 and her last post was 10/12. Banana is probably still sick and I wish her the best. I think it would be easier trying to reach glbtrottr at this point. It was stated a while back that some of us do have a phone number to reach them as well as email. Since to my knowledge no one has got a response via pm or email, anyone with a phone number please give a call or text to one of the leaders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbtrottr View Post
2 calls into Dimitri and Jeremy to meet and provide Cashier's checks, left messages, including today...and have spoken to Ares about picking up the 2 frames in the last week. Feel free to check with Ares if you're curious or paranoid. We live in Huntington, and we're not simply going to "mail" a check or walk down the street.

When we drew the cashier's checks (one accumulating money orders, and a regular check for paypal), not only did we draw for the entire amount, but we also put in some of our own money for a couple of checks that never arrived - namely to cover people in the service on deployment, at our expense. Ares has also been informed of the number of frames and jigs to be set aside by my conversation with Dmitri.

If you have nothing helpful to say, promote the group buy, or help our participants, please stop the threadcrapping.

Our email or phone number has been provided to nearly all participants; we're not at the service of the detractors. Be kind, stay positive, and enjoy the group buy.

We're looking forward to people receiving their frames once manufactured - thank you!
Old 11-10-2012, 7:31 PM

Hope all is well with banana and we can get this GB moving again, but yeah i'm starting to get concerned considering the other group is saying their paperweights are a go and the hundred or so people in this GB have heard nothing at all.

I think I was the last one to get in when the GB reopened.
Old 11-10-2012, 7:31 PM

If the group buy coordinators are unresponsive in the next few days, it may be in the best interest for one of the other group buy participants to head over or call ares and verify that they do indeed have complete payment received. I would think that if ares accepted such a substantial payment that they would have the contact information for the banana and globetrotter on file. At least it would be somewhere to start and would probably relieve some of the unknowns.
Old 11-10-2012, 7:38 PM

I live in San Diego if I can help let me know. I've been to the shop a few times.
Old 11-10-2012, 8:01 PM
Calguns Addict

If the banana is sick, I hope she gets well soon.

As much as I would like my paperweights right away, I can wait as long as she isn't on her death bed.

So get well soon banana and every one else have some sympathy and patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Old 11-10-2012, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

I would like to let it be known that ARES HAS BEEN PAID. I feel it is very unfair in these accusations for us not to hear the leaders side for whatever reason that may be. I am running the second group buy and have it confirmed from ARES that the first buy has been PAID FOR and the frames are COMPLETE. Ithink the only delay is with the jigs. The only issue at hand is date of pickup. Ares stated a nov. 15th release date. They mighr be waiting until then. Lets be patient. We all knew the amount of time this would take. The date of release hasnt been reached and we are already getting upset and pointing fingers. Banana and globe might just be waiting for the go ahead from ares. Lets do the same. I understand how the leaders feel. I can't log on without two dozen stupid questions. "can i get colored grips? Is it hard to do? How much will it cost? How much is a frame? Whats a frame? Whats a jig?" seriously? lets be civil. I am as excited as you are.
Old 11-10-2012, 8:02 PM

Anyone PMed AR-Tuma to possibly confirm payment? His brother lives in Chico, possible drop off location for northstate members of the group buy?
Old 11-10-2012, 8:06 PM

You guys must have posted at the exact same time
Old 11-10-2012, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiferronald View Post
I would like to let it be known that ARES HAS BEEN PAID. I feel it is very unfair in these accusations for us not to hear the leaders side for whatever reason that may be. I am running the second group buy and have it confirmed from ARES that the first buy has been PAID FOR and the frames are COMPLETE. Ithink the only delay is with the jigs. The only issue at hand is date of pickup. Ares stated a nov. 15th release date. They mighr be waiting until then. Lets be patient. We all knew the amount of time this would take. The date of release hasnt been reached and we are already getting upset and pointing fingers. Banana and globe might just be waiting for the go ahead from ares. Lets do the same. I understand how the leaders feel. I can't log on without two dozen stupid questions. "can i get colored grips? Is it hard to do? How much will it cost? How much is a frame? Whats a frame? Whats a jig?" seriously? lets be civil. I am as excited as you are.
Thanks for the reassurance... the silence from the leaders has people on edge. If illness is the reason we do need to be understanding. I for one am not worried about getting the frames immediately, but if there is a need for us to help finish it off that is reasonable. I too have put together large buys and understand they are like herding cats, but communication is a must.
Old 11-10-2012, 8:32 PM
nulla lex prohibet
CGN Contributor

Everything's gonna be okay, take a deep breath, let it out slowly and remain calm.

Like fiferronald said the constant questions are driving him nuts and I imagine that glbtrottr and the banana feel the same way. It is a HUGE task running a group buy and not one that I would ever try mostly because of the knuckleheads that would be badgering me night and day with retarded questions and I have no patience. My take on groups buys is that when you getting a heck of a deal like we are, you pay your money on time, sit back, don't badger the GB coordinator and don't badger the manufacturer. I have complete faith and trust in glbtrottr and the banana.

Old 11-10-2012, 9:15 PM

I will keep this short and sweet. We HAVE BEEN PAID for this group buy.
Old 11-10-2012, 9:20 PM

Thank you.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Tuma View Post
I will keep this short and sweet. We HAVE BEEN PAID for this group buy.
got BATFE declaration letter?
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 11-11-2012, 8:21 AM

Trying not to add to the noise, but I am part of the second round (sorry to the original group if the reopening has caused any issues). It sounds like the orig group is documented, paid, and will be sorted out at some point (not to minimize any concerns about the present situation). I paid for 2 frames by money order to be picked up in Oceanside order and never got any confirmation of payment and order, and based on the comments by The Banana about the problem with Chase, and the timing going silent, I am assuming there is a better than 50% chance the second round never happened. I paid my coin and took my chance, I know (though I do have faith in the intentions and integrity involved, life happens). It does not look like the posted conformation list was ever updated with anyone in the second round.

So my questions are:
- Has anyone in the second round of this buy received conformation at any point?
- AR-Tuma, do you know if the second round was paid? (sorry to bug you)

I am in San Diego and work (Field service) takes me to the Carlsbad/Oceanside area pretty regularly, If I can be of assistance with picking up and/or packing/shipping, or anything else to help sort things out, I am happy to help (Even if my order never made it).

To The Banana: I sincerely hope you are doing better, unrelated to the buy. Lyme sucks pretty bad.
Old 11-11-2012, 8:35 AM

There wouldn't be constant questions if the organizers would simply post status.

If the organizers are too sick to handle this, they need to hand off tasks.

I live in San Jose. I would happily act as a pickup point, or ship things out if I had the frames. I'll be going south after Christmas and can get frames if they are still south then.

I'm ready to help. Who else is ready to help?
Old 11-11-2012, 9:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That everyone is offering to help, is nice, but at the end of the day, we still need to coordinate with the original people. Does anyone have the aforementioned phone number (that people were provided with)?

Until we coordinate with them, arrange a hand-off, etc. we're pretty dead in the water.

And to all the "take a breath" comments, I think we're a little past that. I don't think it's out of line to be a little concerned at this point. If we had heard ANYTHING from the original folks in the last month, that would have gone a long way towards easing the nerves that are now showing through.
Old 11-11-2012, 2:46 PM

this is like SHTF lol!
Old 11-12-2012, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymergist View Post
Trying not to add to the noise, but I am part of the second round (sorry to the original group if the reopening has caused any issues). It sounds like the orig group is documented, paid, and will be sorted out at some point (not to minimize any concerns about the present situation). I paid for 2 frames by money order to be picked up in Oceanside order and never got any confirmation of payment and order, and based on the comments by The Banana about the problem with Chase, and the timing going silent, I am assuming there is a better than 50% chance the second round never happened. I paid my coin and took my chance, I know (though I do have faith in the intentions and integrity involved, life happens). It does not look like the posted conformation list was ever updated with anyone in the second round.

So my questions are:
- Has anyone in the second round of this buy received conformation at any point?
- AR-Tuma, do you know if the second round was paid? (sorry to bug you)

I am in San Diego and work (Field service) takes me to the Carlsbad/Oceanside area pretty regularly, If I can be of assistance with picking up and/or packing/shipping, or anything else to help sort things out, I am happy to help (Even if my order never made it).

To The Banana: I sincerely hope you are doing better, unrelated to the buy. Lyme sucks pretty bad.
I live in the San Diego area also, between SD and Oceanside. I am in the first group buy, and got another one when she reopened it. I asked the question many times of her as to where the second round was posted, was the initial list going to be updated, or was it going to be a separate list. All I got was a PM saying that she got my money and I was paid for. At this point I am waiting just like everyone else. Since I live close to Oceanside I can help with distribution if needed, however I don't want to get into shipping the product, but I can help with local distribution. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM

We are in contact with the GB organizers. Everyone chill out. We are on schedule. The metric S*$% of emails and phone calls with everyone pulling their hair out doesn't make meeting Thursdays release as simple as we are trying to make it.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM

Thank you, we appreciate your assistance!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Tuma View Post
We are in contact with the GB organizers. Everyone chill out. We are on schedule. The metric S*$% of emails and phone calls with everyone pulling their hair out doesn't make meeting Thursdays release as simple as we are trying to make it.
Thank you for the up-date, this is all we were looking for.

You would not be getting all those calls and e-mails if you would have posted something (anything) earlier.

I'm a vendor and I know how crazy the questions can get.
It's part of the business if you don't like it get out.
We don't need to be told to chill out, we just need an update now and then.

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the update, AR-Tuma. 1000% agree with Vader, complain to them about all the calls/emails.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM

The "chill out" comment was meant at my attempt of a soothing and joking reassurance lol. Tone of course is lost when it is written.