Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 05-01-2007, 7:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Talking Howdy!

Just wanted to say Hi! I found this forum through another forum while searching for gun stuff. I live in Orange County. Been shooting as long as I can remember... I own a small arsenal, which grows little by little each year. Going to pick up my new Bushmaster top load Carbon 15 on Friday (I know...I know... but this IS Kalifornia, and it was easily obtainable). My wife loves to go shooting with me, though we don't go as often as we'd like. There was actually a contingency on the Bushmaster, I could buy it as long as she got to shoot it first. Where do you guys shoot? We usually drive out to the middle of the Mojave and blaze away with the high power stuff... otherwise we just go to the local indoor ranges with the pistols.

Well, just wanted to say Hi before I posted anything else on this board. I hope to learn a thing or two, you all seem pretty wise about this stuff.

PS. Anyone know a good place to pick up some synthetic pearlescent grips for a Ruger NEW MODEL Vaquero?

-Bryan
Old 05-01-2007, 7:26 PM

Welcome to Calguns
Old 05-01-2007, 7:32 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to Calguns! I used to be an OC type myself. Glad to have you & your wife join our little online community.

As to the grips, the first two places I thought to check:

MidwayUSA Grips, but no Pearl for NV

Ajax Pearlite Grips @ Brownells

I'm sure there's other options out there, check around with the online shops a bit.
Old 05-01-2007, 8:56 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome to the board.
Old 05-01-2007, 9:06 PM
Veteran Member

welcome to the board

you`ll find answers to your questions here,if not ask a fellow member.
Old 05-02-2007, 2:05 AM
Janitors assistant

Welcome!

I have had good luck with AJAX grips on my cowboy guns.
Old 05-02-2007, 8:21 AM

Welcome to Calguns!
Old 05-02-2007, 9:04 AM

Welcome to Calguns.

I predict that within two months time, you will mill out that carbon 15's mag well and install a Prince50 mag lock . I prefer Bullet Buttons on my builds, but I hear that the carbon receiver is too fragile to pound in a BB.

By the way, you have just began your downward spiral into Black Rifle Addiction. It's kind of like heroin but more expensive and habit forming .
Old 05-02-2007, 2:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks guys!
Old 05-02-2007, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
Welcome to Calguns.

I predict that within two months time, you will mill out that carbon 15's mag well and install a Prince50 mag lock . I prefer Bullet Buttons on my builds, but I hear that the carbon receiver is too fragile to pound in a BB.

By the way, you have just began your downward spiral into Black Rifle Addiction. It's kind of like heroin but more expensive and habit forming .
Heh It all started with my Mini14. I had CA-Legal plans for it then Turners goes and sends me their sale ad with the Carbon15 on it.... Now, I read all about the OLL and stuff, but with my horrendously bad luck I've stayed away, not wanting to be made an example of like some others I've read about. I figure if Turners can advertise and sell it than that should minimize my harassment a bit (hoping anyway...). I've read good and bad things about it... I just want it to last me until I leave this state for somewhere that believes a little more in freedom.

Hehe, what happened with the AR is a number of years ago I went to a local shop and they had a Bushmaster XM15 16" and a Beretta 92FS stainless with night sights. I wanted both but could only afford one... they were the same price. I figured since I lived up the street from the Riverside Magnum Range, I would shoot the Beretta a lot more.... as it turns out, the Bushmaster was banned less than a year later.... and today I can still buy as many Berettas as I want! So once I saw the add for the Carbon15 I told myself "I ain't making THAT mistake again" and ran out and grabbed it. I will chalk it up as my overpriced intro into the "black rifle" realm and it will have to tide me over until I leave PRK. I just need to find a good source for ammo. I only have a few hundred rounds of .223 that I got for my Mini14 but I suspect I will burn through that the first time I take out the AR

-Bryan
Old 05-02-2007, 5:09 PM
hardkore909

Welcome. Im new here too and left arfcom since there are too many rude and unhelpful people there.
Old 05-02-2007, 5:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardkore909 View Post
Welcome. Im new here too and left arfcom since there are too many rude and unhelpful people there.
Hey wait, you're saying we aren't rude and unhelpful enough? Geez, we're trying... Kestryll's been sending the moderators to insensitivity training, but we apparently aren't crusty enough yet...
Old 05-02-2007, 6:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardkore909 View Post
I'm not familliar with arfcom... I don't usually join in on too many forums because it usually just degrades into petty bash fests with everyone knowing everything anything and anything you own sucks while what others have is the best ever etc. BUT, poking around this forum folks seem, well, normal (haha no insult! normal to me ) ...so far anyway. I'm also on the harmonycentral forums (heh, got an ignorant anti-gunner vs. gun enthusiast thread going.....in the AMP forum, go figure hehe )

-Bryan
Old 05-02-2007, 8:04 PM
Well used Member
CGN Contributor

Smile Welcome to Calguns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
I'm not familliar with arfcom... I don't usually join in on too many forums because it usually just degrades into petty bash fests with everyone knowing everything anything and anything you own sucks while what others have is the best ever etc.
Give it time, the night is young. Fortunately, it seldom gets to that point on Calguns. The members tend to police themselves and the Admin/Mods are quick to squash the nonsense. We prefer to discuss our common interest in firearms. I would rather spend my time expanding my knowledge base, and helping others to expand theirs, than feed the trolls. Besides, everyone knows that the best gun in the world is the one in your hand when the SHTF.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."--Plato
Old 05-02-2007, 9:14 PM
Calguns Addict

welcome..
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome. I'm sure that you will find this to be a very helpful forum.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
Old 05-03-2007, 7:57 PM
Calguns Addict

And one more welcome.