Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:48 PM

i purchased a stripped lower last month and starting my build. what lower did you go with?
Old 01-18-2012, 7:25 PM

Calguns, Calguns this is Alpha 1-4. Radio check, over.
Old 01-19-2012, 5:11 PM

Just a 10/22 addict stopping in to say hello
Old 01-20-2012, 1:19 PM

Long Time lurker, finally decided to sign up.
Old 01-20-2012, 7:43 PM

good evening, mixer is the name...im the FNG just signing on, was referred to this site by a local gunsmith. Hope i find all the info im searching for, seems to be a kick but site....Hope u all are doing great, and looking forward to getting to know some of u.

SHOT TIME
Old 01-21-2012, 2:13 AM

Hi all from Southern Cali (Los Alamitos/Orange County). I've been lurking here for a short time. I thought it's about time to say hi. Hi.
Old 01-21-2012, 4:09 PM

I'm new and from the Fresno area.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 PM

From Santa Barbara. Been lurking for a couple days now and wow I already know this is my kinda place. Hunted with my dad since I was a kid but he was more practical while I look forward to expanding the armory. Looking forward to this.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member

I guess I forgot to come here.

I am Emdawg and I am from Santa Maria. I collect antiques.
Old 01-22-2012, 3:34 PM
CGN Contributor

Hi folks - I am moving to CA from WA and going though my safe generally thinning the crowd and occasionally selling "evil" toys like Beretta CX4 Storm (I hate this process!) , as well as studying CA firearms laws... they are weird.

I am so happy to have found calguns.net ! Awesome site and seems like a great collection of good people.
Old 01-22-2012, 5:23 PM

Greetings! Long time reader, first time poster here from Orange County. I'm some what new to shooting and collecting and I truly appreciate a site with as much info as CG.net has.
Old 01-23-2012, 3:43 PM

Default Newbie - Kinda

I'm not new to the list, but I have never posted before. The 5th of February I will be coming off a 10 year no guns ban by Kalifornia. I intend to build my collection back up again, so I will be using the "For Sale" part of the forum, a lot. BTW - What does it mean when you "bump" in the for sale area?
Mike
Old 01-24-2012, 1:52 PM

New to the site, first post !
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Default info seeker

long time lurker/reader, first post....

thinking about CRufflin...
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 AM

Hi O! New to this forum stop collecting snowboards and now starting a new hobbie thats a lil more useful
Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 AM

hello everyone, my names will but you can call me salt.
I'm not from California (Washington state) but your sight seemed like a cool gun community.
I'm a aircraft mechanic for Boeing, and i used to be a custom home builder, so i love to build things. I also love to draw, paint, and sculpt.
Recently my cousin got me interested in customizing my guns, right now I'm working on customizing my Mosin Nagant.

GUNS I OWN:
Mosin Nagant M91/30 - sporterized or rather in the process of being sporterized
FNH 57 - w/ green laser and silencer
Serbu Super Shorty/ Moss 500
Saiga 12 - converted
Henry lever action 22
LWRC REPR .308!!!
Crappy 22 rifle - gave it to a friend, i hated that gun. It was a marlin
Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 PM

Talking FNG reporting for duty.

Hi everyone! I'm another new guy here. I was directed to this great site by my local gun shop. I have always wanted to own a firearm and finally decided to commit to buying one. Was doing som research and trying to educate myself before I buy. That's what led me to the shop and ultimately here.
Thanks, and I apologize in advance if I end up asking som obvious questions
Chris
Old 01-25-2012, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrengineer View Post
I'm not new to the list, but I have never posted before. The 5th of February I will be coming off a 10 year no guns ban by Kalifornia. I intend to build my collection back up again, so I will be using the "For Sale" part of the forum, a lot. BTW - What does it mean when you "bump" in the for sale area?
Mike
When a post starts to get old it moves down the list as new posts are added. By proofing to the post it " bumps" it to the top of the list making it relevant again. Sometimes the person has nothing to say, but just wants to move it up so they type "bump".
HTH
Old 01-25-2012, 6:27 PM

New CalGun'er, glad to be here
Old 01-25-2012, 8:16 PM

Hi, all.
Been shooting off and on since I could a gun. Getting back to shooting more lately, a current member doing a FTF at turners in corona told me about cal guns.

I look forward to sharing...

Tim
Old 01-26-2012, 7:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Been reading this site for awhile and decided to join and throw my 2 cents in on occasion. I was born and raised in CA and it certainly isn't the state it once was. I do think Calguns has the right approach in trying to stem the loss of our rights and moving the ball forward in our favor, hence the reason for joining. Hopefully we all can make a positive contribution.

Cheers!
Old 01-27-2012, 1:38 PM

Default Howdy!

Hey everyone! My name is Jason and I'm new to CalGuns, and bought my first firearm about a year ago, a Remington 870 that i've set up for home defense. I bought my second gun a few weeks ago, a Daniel Defense M4V5 from riflegear.com. I haven't even gotten the chance to take it out yet! Hoping to soon. Looking forward to growing my hobby through knowledge gained by perusing and contributing to the forums!
Old 01-27-2012, 1:39 PM

Welcome on board!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2012, 4:51 PM

Default Hellsbain fellow victim of the PRK...

Hello there. I have been using this forum as a source for my research into many items I looked at getting in the past. Keep up the good work. I grew up shooting with my father and uncle. Both military men.

I however do not get the pleasure of discharging rounds responsibly anymore. Well not in a few years. I hope to rememdy this soon.

Thank you again for having this resource for people like myself.
Old 01-28-2012, 2:45 PM

Hello All. Not exactly new to CalGuns. I've been doing a lot research on CA gun laws, and this site keeps coming up. Looking to gain as much knowledge as I can through the many experts and "been there, done that" folks. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 01-28-2012, 3:14 PM

Question New member from Ventura County

Like what i've seen of ur site, got a big question I need some help with.

WHERE IS IT LEGAL TO SHOOT IN VC? Its been said, VC"VENTURA COUNTY" COME ON VACATION, LEAVE ON PROBATION, COME BACK FOR VIOLATION. With that in mind just lookin to blow off some rounds every now and again, but from what i've read there doesnt seem to be anywhere,
Old 01-30-2012, 8:18 PM

I dont know if this is an obvious answer or not, but can I be part of this forum even though I am not from CA? can I buy/sell/trade guns if I am not from CA?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 PM

I just joined Calguns! I've been roaming the forums for quite a while and decided it was time to join this awesome place. I have been enjoying collecting C&R guns for a while thanks to this site and now am looking forward to building an ak-74 rifle as well.
Old 01-31-2012, 8:16 AM

Hi from the High Desert. I live in the Antelope Valley and like to shoot in Rosamond (gotta love Kern County). I have some toys and want more. I'm prior 11B from the Five-O-Deuce. Now I'm a nasty girl. Hope to do some shootin' with some of ya soon!
Old 01-31-2012, 4:10 PM

Just set up my account on here, bought my first revolver 627 Taurus Tracker and this weekend me and my wife will be going to the range to break this puppy in. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more guns so I can get my collection going and I also am looking for one for my wife. So I hope I can find some good deals on here.
Old 01-31-2012, 7:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hi all, I am new here and just want to say hello to everyone before I got started.
Old 02-02-2012, 1:35 PM

Default greetings!

Hello everyone! Excellent forum to get involved in the fight to protect our rights to own and display wall art.
Old 02-02-2012, 2:20 PM

Default Checking In

Greetings all. Been reading this site for the year or so I have lived here and decided it was time to join the fray.

Moved out here for a job from the great state of Michigan. Been shooting and hunting for about 15 years now, shot my first Winchester .22 when I was 9 years old and have never looked back. Looking forward to being part of the group!
Old 02-02-2012, 2:29 PM
✯ Jr Government Man
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbain View Post
Hello there. I have been using this forum as a source for my research into many items I looked at getting in the past. Keep up the good work. I grew up shooting with my father and uncle. Both military men.

I however do not get the pleasure of discharging rounds responsibly anymore. Well not in a few years. I hope to rememdy this soon.

Thank you again for having this resource for people like myself.
That’s perfectly okay. Some us here are here for more than just shooting, like the community and to take a stand in CA for our civil rights (yours included). Welcome to CGN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlsadvc8 View Post
Hello All. Not exactly new to CalGuns. I've been doing a lot research on CA gun laws, and this site keeps coming up. Looking to gain as much knowledge as I can through the many experts and "been there, done that" folks. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Welcome to CGN advocate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroshortbus View Post
Like what i've seen of ur site, got a big question I need some help with.

WHERE IS IT LEGAL TO SHOOT IN VC? Its been said, VC"VENTURA COUNTY" COME ON VACATION, LEAVE ON PROBATION, COME BACK FOR VIOLATION. With that in mind just lookin to blow off some rounds every now and again, but from what i've read there doesnt seem to be anywhere,
Welcome to CGN! You may want to check out the Shoots, Meets, and Range Stories section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbking51 View Post
I dont know if this is an obvious answer or not, but can I be part of this forum even though I am not from CA? can I buy/sell/trade guns if I am not from CA?
Of course you can! One of the great things of this site is we encourage the knowledge and learning of the gun laws in CA, and having more folks out of state understand CA laws always helps the cause. Welcome to CGN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron707 View Post
I just joined Calguns! I've been roaming the forums for quite a while and decided it was time to join this awesome place. I have been enjoying collecting C&R guns for a while thanks to this site and now am looking forward to building an ak-74 rifle as well.
Awesome Aaron! Welcome to CGN. Be sure to check out the Curio/Relics section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylinzee View Post
Hi from the High Desert. I live in the Antelope Valley and like to shoot in Rosamond (gotta love Kern County). I have some toys and want more. I'm prior 11B from the Five-O-Deuce. Now I'm a nasty girl. Hope to do some shootin' with some of ya soon!
Jaylinzee, Welcome to CGN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1boiler View Post
Just set up my account on here, bought my first revolver 627 Taurus Tracker and this weekend me and my wife will be going to the range to break this puppy in. I'm looking forward to purchasing some more guns so I can get my collection going and I also am looking for one for my wife. So I hope I can find some good deals on here.
Welcome boiler! It’s cool that you get to shoot with your wife, I wish my came with me more often. Be sure to check out the market place for deals. More often than not there is one (or many) but you have to be quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer_man_38 View Post
Hi all, I am new here and just want to say hello to everyone before I got started.
Welcome Surfer man! Glad to have you on CGN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-stricted View Post
Hello everyone! Excellent forum to get involved in the fight to protect our rights to own and display wall art.
Welcome Cal! Be sure to check out the 2A section to keep up on ways to fight the good fight.

-------
Old 02-02-2012, 2:30 PM
✯ Jr Government Man
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE4800 View Post
Greetings all. Been reading this site for the year or so I have lived here and decided it was time to join the fray.

Moved out here for a job from the great state of Michigan. Been shooting and hunting for about 15 years now, shot my first Winchester .22 when I was 9 years old and have never looked back. Looking forward to being part of the group!
Welcome 4800, glad to have you aboard.

Be sure to check out the centerfire rifles section!

-------
Old 02-02-2012, 2:31 PM
✯ Jr Government Man
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason870 View Post
Hey everyone! My name is Jason and I'm new to CalGuns, and bought my first firearm about a year ago, a Remington 870 that i've set up for home defense. I bought my second gun a few weeks ago, a Daniel Defense M4V5 from riflegear.com. I haven't even gotten the chance to take it out yet! Hoping to soon. Looking forward to growing my hobby through knowledge gained by perusing and contributing to the forums!
Welcome Jason!

Riflegear is a great place and I myself am a Remington guy.

-------
Old 02-02-2012, 4:12 PM

Hi all,

New to your forum. Was born in the Bay Area, but the parental units moved us all up north when I just a wee one. Still just up the road from y'all in Orygun (where subguns are water-cooled). Interests are mostly current or recent martial small arms; seem to get a kick outta shotguns (punn intended) and am trying to learn more about their employment - kinda seems like a lost art.
Old 02-02-2012, 5:15 PM
✯ Jr Government Man
CGN Contributor

Ch139,

Welcome to CGN! I always have a special place for all Bay Area calgunners, current or not. Always good to have an out of state member also!

-------
Old 02-02-2012, 6:04 PM

greetings i am new to calguns and i just made my first two gun purchase a mossberg 500 combo and a xd40 full size.I got tired of shooting my friends guns and decided to get my own stuff and i am loving it so far kind of like a tatoo once u get one u cant stop. lol
Old 02-02-2012, 6:38 PM
✯ Jr Government Man
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6789olds View Post
greetings i am new to calguns and i just made my first two gun purchase a mossberg 500 combo and a xd40 full size.I got tired of shooting my friends guns and decided to get my own stuff and i am loving it so far kind of like a tatoo once u get one u cant stop. lol

Right on! Welcome to CGN olds. Always glad to have another Calgunner.

-------