Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 12-17-2011, 1:19 PM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by broclirobb View Post
Hello to everyone,

I just moved to cali and joined the forums! I have been around for about a year or so on AKfiles and have some decent feedback with the same screen name. Just want to introduce my self, and hope I can get some good info from these forums as well as contribute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groupnm View Post
Hello, I am a newbie looking forward to the forum. Hope to learn more about one of my favorite hobbies and collectibles.
E
Welcome Guys!

-------
Old 12-17-2011, 3:41 PM

Hello all! New here and hoping to learn and laugh with new friends. Looking to sell as well. . . Once I get everything figured out. So stay tuned! ;p
Old 12-18-2011, 9:14 AM

Default New from Los Angeles

Greetings. My name's Chris. Nice place you have here.

I've plinked (city boy - I'm a camper but not yet a hunter) a few times since the 1970's using friend's guns, but only just purchased my own firearms beginning last spring. I patronize the corner gun store, Martin B. Retting in Culver City, where I've purchased a CZ 527 Carbine chambered in 7.62 X 39. I also found a very clean, little used S&W Model 3000; a beautiful 12 ga pump shotgun (a clone of the 870) made by Howa. Additional barrels for it are difficult to locate. The factory-equipped barrel is a 30" full choke and is great for birdshot and clays, but I also wanted to shoot buckshot and then have a slug barrel and a short barrel.

So I "needed", see, that clean, used Wingmaster (28" barrel, integrated modified choke) that had just landed in the used rack and then I bought two additional barrels for it online; a 24" rifled slug barrel and an 18.5" security barrel. Both barrels are manufactured by Mossberg as 870 Replacement Barrels, made in Mexico using U.S. steel. I've not yet shot the rifled barrel because I'm unsure of the exact type of slug rounds that barrel requires. I have shot Winchester rilfed slugs through the security barrel, and, yeehaww! they hit hard. I shoot the carbine and both pump shotguns out at Angeles Shooting Ranges in Tujunga Cyn.

Glad to have found Calguns.net. Mark over at Retting suggested you folks.
Thanks for being here!

Last edited by 200Apples; 12-18-2011 at 9:18 AM..
Old 12-19-2011, 1:27 PM

Newbie here. love this forum. hope to learn new things on here. cheers!
Old 12-20-2011, 1:36 PM

Howdy. Just joined, looking forward to it. Not new to guns, and not really new to California I just don't spend much time here
Old 12-21-2011, 4:15 AM

Hello from SoCal! Nice forum! I have been finding links to this forum with every firearms related search I do on Google, and I have learned quite a bit as a result. Seems like a nice place to hang out and share ideas. I have been interested in firearms and shooting sports since I first learned how to properly handle firearms with my uncles 25 years ago. Nice to be here! Thanks!
Old 12-21-2011, 9:13 AM

Smile GTF (Gun tot'n Fisherman)

I am a new member and not from CA, but does that eliminate me from using Calgun? I grew up in SD, hunting and fishing, own many guns from an AR-15 to .22 pistols. I am a commercial salmon and tuna fisherman, fishing in CA, WA, and OR. My home port is Newport OR ,http://twofishersgourmetseafood.com/ and I am getting ready to retire to Pahrump, NV. I have a Family Diamond membership in FrontSight and am looking forward to getting more gun training after I move this fall. I am a retired 34 year Navy Master Chief Petty Officer now living in SeaTac Washington. I was the Mayor one term and the Deputy Mayor two terms, but lost the election this year and can’t wait to get out of town and enjoy my retirement. The liberals and progressives put me out of politics by hiring the “occupy group” to doorbell against me. They are also after our guns folks and that is why I have been an NRA member for over 40 years. Actually I paid for NRA life member today. I am also a life member for VFW.

Last edited by Fisherman; 12-21-2011 at 10:22 PM..
Old 12-21-2011, 9:52 PM

Hi everyone my names AJ I'm new to calguns forums... Used this site and its very helpful info to start my first AR build... Thanks for all the helpful info and I'm happy to be a member
Old 12-22-2011, 7:26 AM

Default Just Joined the Forum...What a Great Site!

I just joined the forum, and I am really impressed by it. I used to shoot recreationally with a handgun and just got my first ever two rifles before the stupid CA ban. Then my kids were born about a month after and I did not shoot at all until now since my kids are older now. Once I get back into it, I plan to expose them to responsible ownership and let them make up their own minds.

Well, I look forward to being part of the forum.

Cheers!

YMAN (aka Scott)
Old 12-24-2011, 8:09 AM

Default Thanks Calguns

Hello All, I have looked around here a bunch and now had to join due to the lawsuit just filed. I have always asked gun shop owners why I need to wait 10 days each time. I was always told it was a way for the state to make money. So thanks and I hope Calguns wins !!!

About me... Moved to Cali with the Navy a bunch of years ago. Raising a family in San Diego now. I used to shoot a bunch as a kid and now am getting back in to the sport. Looking to attend an Appleseed event in March. Thanks to the many people here answering questions.
Michael
Old 12-24-2011, 8:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyklGee View Post
Hello All, I have looked around here a bunch and now had to join due to the lawsuit just filed. I have always asked gun shop owners why I need to wait 10 days each time. I was always told it was a way for the state to make money. So thanks and I hope Calguns wins !!!

About me... Moved to Cali with the Navy a bunch of years ago. Raising a family in San Diego now. I used to shoot a bunch as a kid and now am getting back in to the sport. Looking to attend an Appleseed event in March. Thanks to the many people here answering questions.
Michael
Welcome MyklGee
Old 12-28-2011, 11:44 PM

Can anyone here tell me how to get a business listed and advertising on Calguns?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:36 AM

Post New from Sacramento

Just wanted to say hi to all members & I'm new to Calguns. I don't currently own a weapon (gun), but am looking to purchase my 1st (of several possibly).
I served 8 years in the US Army, with my last 4 under the Special Ops umbrella, and am now back home in CA.
So I'm very familiar with several different weapon systems, but I'm slowly learning the CA weapons laws & of all the bans & restrictions.
I'm just looking to really enjoy the weapon I personally buy, without feeling like I had to settle because of our state laws.

thanks in advance for any comments, questions or suggestions.
Old 12-30-2011, 6:11 PM

Hi All,
Been hanging in the shadows - reading and learning. Great site, lots of great information and discussions. I live in northern Cali. - Sonoma County. I presently own 2 Handguns - a 1991A1 Colt and a S&W Model 500 Revolver. I am working towards rounding out my beginning collection with an AR type rifle. Not really looking to put one together from parts but am looking at buying it complete up front - in spite of the kooky California restrictions I am looking at 3 model choices - The Colt M4, the Sig 516 Patrol or 716 Patrol or the FNH Scar 16S or 17S.
So I am new to the Rifle scene but have already gained alot of insight from the members of this forum.
Might as well ask if anybody has a favorite dealer in the Sonoma county area who might stock these models - From what I have learned they are being made as California Compliant with the dumbed down features.
Any insights to these choices are more than welcome.
Thanks for all the posts and discussions.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 PM

Default Hello from OC

Hi all

I hope you're enjoying your Holidays and getting ready for a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration. I just wanted to say HI and say that I'm looking forward to learning and participating in this forum. I just got my first firearm as a gift from my wife - H&K USP 9 and I'm looking into getting a rimfire rifle next (soon) for plinking.

Stay safe and enjoy the celebrations!
Old 01-01-2012, 9:15 PM

Default New here,

Hello all,

Found this site from a link on mods to make a 10/22 more user friendly. I've had mine since 1964, still works great. Looking forward to learning more about the 10/22 and other things here. Good shooting to all.

Al
Old 01-02-2012, 9:41 AM

Default New Guy

Lived in CA years ago then back to Oklahoma. Have been lurking and always find some good info here and decided to go ahead and sign up. Hope you guys do mind a Okie hanging around
Liberec
Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself! been lurking for awhile now, looking forward to posting, but mostly learning from the rest of the forum!
Old 01-04-2012, 5:43 PM

Hello all,
Just thought I would drop a line and introduce myself. I grew up shooting and hunting in south GA, but haven't been hunting in 12 years. I get my new Savage 7mm Rem Mag this saturday. I never thought 10 days could take so long or suck so bad. I have a 20ga pump and a 30-06 at my dads in GA, but needed something out here. Can't wait to get in some deer and hog hunting....

Matt
ROLL TIDE!!
Old 01-05-2012, 5:38 PM

just dropping in to say hello!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 PM

Default Another new person

Greetings Calgunners! I am joining especially to learn about local shotgun learning opportunities. Especially skeet, but it seems I have fun every time I make one go bang and then smell the smoke curling out of the breech. Wish I'd never picked one up, but now I'm hooked, so I expect I'll spend most of my time on the Shotgunning side of Calguns. Been very pleased so far to meet a lot of very warm and welcoming people, thanks for that!
Old 01-07-2012, 7:44 PM

Gun lover! Just wanna say "Howdy Folks"
Old 01-08-2012, 8:46 AM

Default Newbie

Just joined the forum. Ordered a Mossberg 590 A1...my first gun. I blame my boss, a real cowboy and fan of all firearms. I look forward to getting my gun and joining the shooting community.
Old 01-09-2012, 6:53 PM

Long time lurker, first time on here ...

I don't know why I didn't join sooner!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM

Default Another New One

In Morgan Hill always looking for a place to shoot
Old 01-10-2012, 6:45 PM

A few friends are on here told me to join. Just purchased my first AR lower. Can't wait to start the build.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 AM

New to the forum and shooting. I first shot a firearm last October. Looking forward to learning from the knowledgeable and responsible shooters on this forum.
Old 01-11-2012, 5:57 AM

Welcome to CalGuns.

Old 01-11-2012, 8:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hello, another new guy here. What a great site! I've been lurking for a little while and finally decided to join.
I've been shooting a variety of guns for over 30 years now.

Ok time to get off the computer and go put some rounds down range.

Thanks, Jamie
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM

Exclamation New guy!

Hi Calguns!

New to the forum and new to shooting as well. Have shot some rifles and pistol but never owned. Just recently got my HSC and am looking to purchase a semi auto pistol in the near future. Looking at either .40 or .45 caliber for my first gun, however I intend on shooting everything in between to see what suits me best. Have been reading some rave reviews on the SA XD series and am looking forward to firing some rounds through one.

Looking forward to sifting through the forums for any valuable info on the many topics posted...
Old 01-12-2012, 9:38 AM

Default New to forum, returning to gun upbringing

Hi All,
New to the forum and the SF Peninsula - Redwood City area. I was raised in Norcal and learned to shot my grandpa's .22 when I was 5 and a variety of guns on through my teens. Haven't shot in a loooong time, but now I'm married with kids and need to pass along my heritage. Down the road would like to get into reloading, at least for my shotgun.

Hoping to cover a basic pistol safety class with the wife in a few months, and start the kids in a few years.

Would like to connect with other enthusiasts in the RWC area - especially if you have a shooting spouse.

I work in the tech sector and have experience in web development, ecommerce, and leading programmers. Also grew up in the trades, so I can swing a hammer and sweat copper too!
Old 01-12-2012, 1:19 PM

Default New Member

Hello...My name is David and live in Citrus Heights, Ca.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 PM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome to Calguns !!!
Old 01-16-2012, 7:17 AM

Default New member

Wanted to drop a line and say hi from the newest member. Looking forward to communicating with all of you.

Just got all of the necessary doc's from Sac County for the CCW. Am taking Wes Lagomarsino's class in Feb. Can't wait!
Old 01-16-2012, 8:56 AM
--
CGN Contributor

Another new member here. First time buyer, really excited. I haven't even taken possession yet of my first gun and I'm already thinking about the next (next three, to be more precise LOL).
Old 01-16-2012, 9:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hello all new member interested in shotguns
Old 01-16-2012, 5:03 PM

Default New Member

Another New Member here. Looking forward to learning a thing or two about our Special State.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM

Hello from the latest FNG. Have been directed here so many times in the past from Google while searching for information I figured it was about time I join. I live in the Temecula area and enjoy shooting as a hobby, one carried over from previous career.

My home Armory includes a Springfield - TRP Operator 1911 (New as of Saturday), S&W MP15X, and a Walther .40 P99QA. For a project rifle I am looking to purchase & build-up a Springfield M1A over the next year.

Have a good 1
~BP

Last edited by LRSD11B; 01-17-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-17-2012, 11:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSD11B View Post
Hello from the latest FNG. Have been directed here so many times in the past from Google while searching for information I figured it was about time I join. I live in the Temecula area and enjoy shooting as a hobby, one carried over from previous career.

My home Armory includes a Springfield - TRP Operator 1911 (New as of Saturday), S&W MP15X, and a Walther .40 P99QA. For a project rifle I am looking to purchase & build-up a Springfield M1A over the next year.

Have a good 1
~BP

congratulations on your SA.

welcome to the forum.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:42 AM

Default good to be here

good morning to all. just joined a fw weeks ago. everyone seems to have a ton of information. hopefully one day i can help someone like so many of you do already!