Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 08-28-2011, 4:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.JOE View Post
Been a registered member since 09/07. This is my very first post and just really wanted to thank Calguns and all the members for sharing knowledge. I've had many questions in the past and found answers here without asking. Have learned plenty, Thank you.

nice knowing you're here!
Old 09-01-2011, 7:54 PM

Hello everyone! I am new to CalGuns, but I've been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was in the single digits. My husband actually introduced me to the site. I recently purchased my first hand gun after seeing first hand that Oakland sucks. (I work in the middle of the ghetto). I generally prefer to live, so I'm going to protect myself. Also, going to the shooting range is fun, and now I get to practice my skills with my own gun. If you shoot in Vacaville or Richmond, make way for the little blonde girl. That's me
Old 09-01-2011, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychadelica19 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to CalGuns, but I've been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was in the single digits. My husband actually introduced me to the site. I recently purchased my first hand gun after seeing first hand that Oakland sucks. (I work in the middle of the ghetto). I generally prefer to live, so I'm going to protect myself. Also, going to the shooting range is fun, and now I get to practice my skills with my own gun. If you shoot in Vacaville or Richmond, make way for the little blonde girl. That's me
Welcome!!
Old 09-03-2011, 2:26 PM

Kestryl, this is not a reply, but a question. For a prospective "personal handgun importer" (per California State definition), what can one do with handguns which are not included on California's "roster of handguns certified for sale," other than surrender them to the state, e.g., sell them to the state? Can one retain them? [I am referring to handguns which are legal to purchase and possess in states other than California and possibly Massachusetts. I realize magazines must comply with California's magazine capacity restriction.] I cannot find an answer on the state website. Thank you.
Old 09-03-2011, 2:30 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Roster does not apply to guns you already own that you bring with you when you move into CA. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtoknow View Post
Kestryl, this is not a reply, but a question. For a prospective "personal handgun importer" (per California State definition), what can one do with handguns which are not included on California's "roster of handguns certified for sale," other than surrender them to the state, e.g., sell them to the state? Can one retain them? [I am referring to handguns which are legal to purchase and possess in states other than California and possibly Massachusetts. I realize magazines must comply with California's magazine capacity restriction.] I cannot find an answer on the state website. Thank you.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 PM

I have referrenced things on this site and used it to gather info and knowledge, today I was down at one of the local gunshops and the I was talking to him about trying to sell a few of my guns and he recommended I sign up and give it a go here, so here I am...LOL

My Love of cars and guns have almost made me move out of this state, but I just love the weather so Im gonna stick it out as long as I can!
Old 09-04-2011, 9:36 AM

Hey Everyone, New to guns. Got pointed to this site by a friend. Looking to get an AR. Sure I'll find ALOT of good info here.
Old 09-04-2011, 9:20 PM

Hi everyone. New to posting on Calguns. I've lurked for a number of years, but didn't register until recently. I just purchased my second hand gun and my wife purchased her first. I'd like to get involved with an organization that supports freedom and personal liberties rather than takes them away so here I am. Hopefully I'll be able to get more involved and attend some of the events.
Old 09-06-2011, 7:50 AM

Hello, Calgunners! I had lurked around here several years back. A renewed interest in the firearms world has brought me back! Name's Mike and I am in the San Diego area. A sincere Thank you to each and every person that has contributed to this wonderful forum. The amount of information that is contained herein is simply awesome!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Hey everyone! My name's Chris and I'm an animator from Burbank. New to the site and currently sweating through my first DROS on a Marlin 795.
Old 09-08-2011, 2:43 AM

New to Claguns. Referred by a buddy. I recently ETS'd from the Army after 14yrs and I am looking to build my War Locker. Here to meet with like minded folks and to seek advice and wisdom from those that have been doing this longer than I have.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Default hello

Hey i'm new here and just thought i'd do my first post.

I just bought my first hand gun last month, a Ruger SR9 and i've already put close to 1000 rounds through it. i'm definitely enjoying it. I am currently wanting to buy another gun and wanting to get the MSAR STG-E4 or even the AK74 Bullpup. any opinions. i'm sure there are forums on these.

well hope to here some opinions about this or i'm sure i'll learn alot from this site.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:24 PM

Hello, I have visited the site numerous time through Google searches and decided to finally become a member.

I am also getting into Cowboy Style shooting - and this place seems to have a crowd of them!

I am a retired EOD Technician & former member of the US Army and teach explosives handling & manufacture of explosives as a Civilian member of the US Army in Utah (Dugway).

Cheers!

~Will

Last edited by Willie-D; 09-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-09-2011, 5:22 PM

Greetings EVERYONE!!!
My names is Bakhos I am new here sorry i haven't uploaded an avatar picture yet...
I heard of your forum from a good friend last night at bike night in santa ana of orange county .. Honestly i am here to sell my weapons BUT i plan on learning from the threads and maybe i will change my mind.. thank you all for listening..
Old 09-10-2011, 7:05 AM

Default Another Newbie

Greetings everyone,

Thanks to DJ for sending me to this forum. I am a newbie and am currently trying to learn all the codes "bump, etc.". When I find a list I'll print them out and try to bring myself up to speed as quickly as possible. I realize since I'm new there is a hazing period so go ahead and start.

50nny
Old 09-10-2011, 6:32 PM

Hi,

Founds this site from a friend. Fulltime LEO trying to make it to retirement without getting shot, stabbed or killed. Live in Socal Kalifornia. Personal views are I hate the bullet button, Gangsters carry guns daily concealed why can't the average law-abiding citizen, and the Police are here to protect the sheep from the wolves. With that said I hope I can learn about others experiences and knowledge to help increase mine. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2011, 6:11 PM

Hello all, I am new to calguns and I am happy to be onboard! I hope to learn as much information as possible.
Old 09-12-2011, 5:38 PM

Greetings All,

New to Calguns, but not new to shooting. Started shooting with my Dad at age 5, he was a competition shoooter and brought me up hunting. Got away from guns for the last 25 years to take up bowhunting in a big way, still bowhunting, but making time to shoot the guns. Happy to be back to gun shooting!!! My wife and I met shooting so it's a marriage that is perfect, except for the cost of ammo and new guns. She also took a break for bowhunting, but she is strictly a guns person today.

Very appreciative of what i have seen in the format and content of Calguns.
Old 09-12-2011, 5:52 PM
C3 Contributor

Welcome to Calguns to all !!!

Check your local chapters for activities: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=183
Old 09-13-2011, 9:25 PM

Good day Calgunners! New to the site and trying to navigate my way around. I certainly like what I see!
Old 09-15-2011, 8:41 AM

oh fresh meat!
Old 09-15-2011, 5:51 PM

Default Hey All

Hey everybody, I'm a new member and I just wanted to introduce myself on here.

Veteran of the seal teams, been in the community since '99. Work as a civilian gs employee at naval special warfare center now. I have been absolutely confounded by the madness of what is/not legal in the messed up state of California as I sought about purchasing a rifle. This place was recommended by a co-worker so I dropped by to ask questions and figure this whole mess out with the rest of the 2nd amendment loving Americans.

Cheers.

Jack B.
Old 09-15-2011, 7:56 PM

How to add a avatar picture in your profile?
Old 09-16-2011, 2:37 AM

I just wanted to introduce my self. I currently am in Afghanistan and i am getting into the competitive shooting world (of course ill be getting into it more when i get back to the US).
Old 09-16-2011, 7:15 PM

Default Hello

Hello Everyone! I am a new member here and wanted to introduce myself. I have been shooting actively for several years but I have been interested in firearms to some extent most of my life. I have used Calguns for reference info in the past and felt it was high time I joined in. My friends nicknamed me "phantom" so hence the name.
Old 09-17-2011, 9:04 AM

Default Checking in

Hello All,

Just new to the site and doing the check in.....Not new to the AR platform just the site...

Thanks Ken
Old 09-17-2011, 9:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hax View Post
I just wanted to introduce my self. I currently am in Afghanistan and i am getting into the competitive shooting world (of course ill be getting into it more when i get back to the US).

welcome to the forum.
Old 09-17-2011, 7:10 PM

Thanks for having me here. This forum was highly recommended by a friend.

I look forward to learning from the forums.
Old 09-18-2011, 6:29 AM

Hello, it's was a pleasant surprise to find a California shooting community on the 'net. I'm happy to be a part of it.
Old 09-18-2011, 1:21 PM

Hello new here! To much D**N info...Ha , but its all good stuff, Love the forum, wife said I took over her computer since I found the forum, look forward to learning alot more thanks.
Old 09-18-2011, 4:16 PM

Talking New to Calguns and to weapons in general

Hi Everyone,
I am a new (but pretty old) member in Sacramento. New to firearms in general, just bought a Ruger 1022lr.
Have to say, after finding Calguns and reading the information available in here, i know i have a lot to learn. BUT, this forum is an excellent starting point to guide new people such as me to responsible gun ownership.

Last edited by bonsa1; 10-16-2011 at 7:36 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 10:37 PM

Hello,
I have been lurking for about 2 years. Finally decided to sign up now that I began my first AR Build. Looking forward to learning even more.
Thanks,
Daniel
Old 09-20-2011, 1:50 AM

Hi Everyone.

I just relocated from Connecticut to Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I knew the gun laws in this state were going to be bad, but wow, I did not realize quite how bad. I had my LTC back in CT and was accustomed to CCW on a daily basis. Now I live in a more dangerous city and am less able to protect myself. Its an unfortunate cost to live in such an otherwise beautiful place. I'm hoping to join in the fight to bring our second amendment rights to LA county and CA in general.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Default New member

I just joined, I came across this site while looking for a set wildcat reload dies for 38/45. I bought this set-up for my 1911 about 30 yrs ago from Bo Clarke, of Armory Gunshop, Glendale, CA. I've had no luck on line. I'm now in the San Diego, North Co., area. Thanks
George
Old 09-23-2011, 1:00 AM

Default My first post

I just wanted to write a quick post to introduce myself. I have great memories as a high school student of going to the range with my dad. I worked my way through a few NRA programs, including reaching Marksman 1st class in pistol, Sharpshooter sixth bar in target rifle, and Distinguished Expert in sport rifle.

After a terrible episode with local PD an uncle turned me on to calguns. The forums promise to be a treasure chest of information. And I love to see there is a wiki. Anyway I am glad to see this community exists and I look forward to benefiting from its knowledge.
Old 09-24-2011, 2:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APcivic01 View Post
Hi Everyone.

I just relocated from Connecticut to Los Angeles a few weeks ago. I knew the gun laws in this state were going to be bad, but wow, I did not realize quite how bad. I had my LTC back in CT and was accustomed to CCW on a daily basis. Now I live in a more dangerous city and am less able to protect myself. Its an unfortunate cost to live in such an otherwise beautiful place. I'm hoping to join in the fight to bring our second amendment rights to LA county and CA in general.

welcome to the forum... and to los angeles county.
Old 09-25-2011, 7:46 PM

Default Hello

Hi all:

My name is Greg and I live in Forestville, in Sonoma County near the Russian River. I have a modest collection of air rifles that I shoot at my small home range. Fun and really really inexpensive: high quality .22 caliber pellets run me about $16 for 500! Good for us retired folks

Nice to meet ya. / Greg
Old 09-26-2011, 1:32 AM

Hi I found this site just browsing around the web in the middle of the night.I am in the central valley and I love guns and a good political discussion.This looks like a good place for both thanks for having me.
Old 09-27-2011, 8:58 AM

Richard from Visalia. Just joined Calguns. New to guns and new to the area. Hope to meet good people here and learn more about guns.

Found this forum while doing some research in another (HIi-Point)
Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 PM

Hi just joined Calguns to be able to talk guns and meet fun gun people and maybe get together with shooters in my area for range trips which is Bakersfield CA.