Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 06-02-2011, 9:26 PM

hey everyone. just testing to make sure I can post.
Old 06-03-2011, 2:36 AM

Hello all! I figured I'd post a little something for everyone to know know me...
First timer on Calguns. I currently own a K31 "Emma" and a M91/30 "Varvara."

-Major
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 AM

Smile I Love Guns

Nice forum. I am alarmed by all the gun laws California has. I've always wanted a Thompson copy (semi-auto only) with a 50 round drum clip but I see California will not allow it. Holsters, some or all, cannot be shipped to California. Whose idea was this to enact these laws? Just because someone gets a fingernail blown off by a firecracker does not mean all people may no longer set off a few firecrackers. But in California, it does. OK. The only way to get the laws changed is to write the politicians. I've been raised around guns. I bought a SS SW 5 shot snubby and 50 cartridges around 5 years ago and I have not fired that pistol at all. It's just sitting in my gun case. Ho hum. I'm not an active shooter. But I am alarmed that any good citizen has less choice than the good citizens have had for the last 200 plus years.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 AM

Thumbs up New member

Just joined after attending Turner's shooting fair in Corona. Had a great time, so did my twin boys (age 12) who had never shot anything before. They can now say they have shot the AR in 5.56 and .308, AK in both calibers,.22's, westerns six shooters and rifles. They still can't stop talking about it. looking forward to more happy shoting in the Rancho Cucamonga area. Best regards to all, Tankerdan.
Old 06-07-2011, 5:07 AM

Howdy!

Grew up in the San Fernando valley, now reside in Colorado. Still have a lot of family in SoCal with whom I visit.

Been curious about how things differ in Cali to other states.
Old 06-07-2011, 6:19 PM

New to the site. Was doing a Google on CCW information and your link to this website showed up. I've trap shot back in PA, but now would like to get into sidearms, and would like to learn the right way, by the right people.

I'm glad to be here and look forward in meeting some of you and getting to know how to be safe and sane.
Old 06-08-2011, 7:12 AM

Greeting all!

I'm coming to California next month for a training class, so I figured this would be a great place to learn about CA laws in relation to guns, magazines, etc.
Old 06-08-2011, 4:33 PM

Hello all, new here and checking in. I'm new to guns but have seen many action packed movies in my time

This forum looks likes a great place to learn.
Old 06-08-2011, 8:33 PM

hello Calgun site and fellow members... I own a AR-15 for about 4months now, and love everything about it. Im looking forward to reading alot/everything I can know about firearms. And maybe on the way make a few new friends.
Old 06-08-2011, 9:07 PM

Hey all!

Was recently referred to this site by a friend. Lurked around a bit and finally decided to sign up.

Currently getting back into shooting after a long hiatus and selling my rifles, I sure have missed going to the range with friends.

I purchased a Springfield XD .45cal I like it but that ammo is darn expensive so I'll be looking into something of a plinker....maybe a Sig p226 with the 22lr conversion kit.

Have a pleasant evening!
Old 06-08-2011, 9:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cosssssssby Sweater View Post
Hello all, new here and checking in. I'm new to guns but have seen many action packed movies in my time

This forum looks likes a great place to learn.

welcome to the forum.
Old 06-08-2011, 9:34 PM

Hey everyone, Im newly registered here ive been lookin through here for awhile and figured I might as well get all signed up! ill let ya all kno im up in Grass Valley, CA
I recently started building an AR and figured I maybe able to get some input from some fellow Californians.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:51 AM

Thumbs up

Hello, and thank you calguns fora great site! I made my very first trip to the local range (Insight in Artesia) a couple weeks back with my brother in law to put in a couple hours with his Glock 19. Nice gun, but I am looking for a .357 magnum revolver, 4" barrel, as a first gun and for home defense -- funds are tight, of course, but I'm looking for used Ruger GP100's, Taurus', or Rossis, prefering the Ruger based on what I can gather from the folks on this site .

I've fired 22 LR's in the past, but the Glock was my first time with a handgun, and I did fairly well . Now I've got the itch to get better / more comfortable and overall just master the first one I pick up. I'm worried about the economy and have a wife and kid to protect... but it's also a fun of course (always will be safe & responsible!).

Anyway, thanks for this great resource and for any advise you can bestow upon me... or even point me in the direction of a good deal on a Ruger GP100 .
Old 06-10-2011, 8:23 AM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome to Calguns !!!
Old 06-10-2011, 9:53 PM
Veteran Member

Default hey

New just trying to figure this all out.

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

Old 06-12-2011, 8:25 PM

Thumbs up Anyone else in the Rancho Cucamonga area

Hey Wild Flower, saw your post and since I also live in Rancho figured Id say hello. Im looking to start an AR build. Do you of your hubby by chance own/build any? Best regards, Tankerdan.
Old 06-13-2011, 1:37 PM

Thumbs up Another Newbie

another newbie???? Yuppers !
Been lurking and reading for about a week now. Interesting stuff.
Retired now and looking for a good pastime. Shot long ago (in my yute) and enjoyed it, but haven't touched a gun in over 20 years. Now just looking to see how (much) things have changed; rule wise. [ie: what you can have, where you can shoot, etc]
From what I've read so far, it looks like this is the right place to start.

oh, and yes I said 'yute' on purpose.
Old 06-13-2011, 5:43 PM

Hello from NC!
I've been a long time reader over here, but never took the plunge to join since I'm not in CA. But I may be moving within the next year or so so I figured I would lay down some rifle roots! I'm looking forward to being over here.

Thanks for having me!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 PM

Hows it everyone. I have been lurking hard on this site for a while and decided to join up. I just picked up a Glock with my tax return( score!) and have been really curious about the laws in this state. Want to make sure im doing things right and this place has the best information. So thanks to all who have helped and I look foward to getting to know you guys
Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 AM

thanks you so much for post)
It is important for me in-full to turn help me write heavy essays confidentially, because primarily I hope to mend upshots of my trusted study, thus I will pen varied fresh home works without successful assistance. The nice writers construct new and entertaining compositions in-full and circumstantial. I value their successful work purely.
Old 06-15-2011, 7:37 PM

Hey guys...I need some help! I've been viewing Calguns for years as an excellent reference tool. I joined to post a fundraising competition that my Rotary Club is putting on at Wes Thompson's range. It's posted as the 1st Annual Labor Day Shooting Competition at Wes Thompson's Range. This should be a great event and we're giving away four nice rifles as prizes. What do I need to do to get the word out? I've had zero comments to my threads posted under the 'Shoots' and 'Competition' forum. Please advise....this is a worthy fundraiser and will be a lot of fun!
Old 06-23-2011, 3:03 PM

Default Hello!

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and well new to shooting guns. My husband decided it was time to teach me and I got to shoot a 8mm mauser and a sks45 last night. I admit at first I was nervous but after the first shot WOW what a thrill...I want to go back for more!
Old 06-23-2011, 3:53 PM

Hey all. I've been shooting since I was a kid but I recently turned 21 and received a beautiful S&W .45 Long Colt for my birthday and have since bought a .22 LR for messing around with at the range. Might even bag some small game with it. Anyways, I stumbled across this site and it's awesome. I look forward to reading through all the great info here. Cheers!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM

Hi i just bought my first handgun yesterday. won't be mine for a couple of more weeks due to consignment rules and 10 day waiting period but i get to do lots of research in the meantime and I came across calguns. Nice to meet you all!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 AM

Hello from Redding!

Glad to be here, I was informed of calguns from calccw and I look forward to sharing insight.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:33 AM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome to Calguns!!! Jump in with any questions ...
Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj09 View Post
Hello from Redding!

Glad to be here, I was informed of calguns from calccw and I look forward to sharing insight.

welcome to the forum.
Old 06-27-2011, 7:43 PM

Hi All,
My name is Kevin and I am in S. O.C. Got into guns last year and now understand why my uncle is into them. Mind you my uncle is only 5 yrs older than I. Anyway I am starting the process of building a .308 for which I picked up a "22 fluted barrel for at the last OC fairgrounds show. I am looking to sell my wasr 10 that is a year old to pay for the .308 build. Hopefully a guy at work comes through as a few others have flaked on me. I am also looking for sks parts minus the receiver for another build I have on the back burner. I saw the booth at the last show but was kind of shy about walking up as I don't know more about guns than I do so instead of looking like a 47 yr old dope I just kept on moving along!
Old 06-29-2011, 1:18 PM

Welcome aboard~!
Old 06-29-2011, 5:53 PM

Hi, came across forum during research. Seems like a good place to be.
Old 06-30-2011, 7:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairballusmaximus View Post
Hi, came across forum during research. Seems like a good place to be.
i had heard of it... but dropped in the same way you did.

welcome to the forum.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Hello everyone!!
Been meaning to join for some time. Met Chad at the Appleseed Project shoot out in Corona in late June.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Hello all. Just joined. Love the amount of info here...wish I'd found this site much earlier. East SF Bay resident, but I fly for Uncle Sam (ANG Enlisted C-130 Crewman), so I'm ALL over the place...ALL the time.

Seems like everytime I leave home, I come back to new and yet more cryptic laws, regs, and attitudes. Nice to see a CA specific forum I can peruse while on the road or OCONUS...so y'all can keep me informed on what ELSE ends up illegal (or proposed to be illegal) in my absence(s). :-/
Old 07-05-2011, 3:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm new to the site but I've used this site for all my CA gun questions and since I have used it more often I figured I'd join up and also have a friend on here. "Warning Bagpiper is Armed" she is getting a Saiga which I had a hand in by letting her shoot mine. So thanks you guys and girls for answering my questions and looking forward to some good posts.
Old 07-07-2011, 6:05 PM

Hi!
Molby W.
SF Bay Area (south)
Construction Mgmt.

Been using this site for some time doing research. Just bought a SigP226R .40SW. Have an LMT MRP (Piston) coming soon. Can't wait!
Old 07-08-2011, 4:19 PM

Hi Guys,

New to posting, but have been lurking for awhile. I grew up with guns around the house, but only recently purchased my own - M&P .40 and Mossberg 930spx

I design, exhibit booths, furniture - just about anything. So, when I got to looking into building an AR, I was pretty excited to find this forum.

Please be gentle as I am sure I will be asking basic and redundant questions.

D.G.
Old 07-08-2011, 5:29 PM
Agent 86
CGN Contributor

Welcome lurkers!

Tons of info here.
Be sure to read the rules for the For Sale section before responding there.
It's a good idea to give your general location in your profile (upper right corner) since CA is such a big place.
You might find other CalGunners right in your area!
Old 07-08-2011, 8:47 PM

Greetings from the central mountains...I was born and raised in California, but just moved back here after living in Nevada for a while. I am interested in getting to know the California gun community a little better, and get caught up on all of the gun issues here that I have missed while living out of state. I have been shooting since I was 10 or so, but I know there is always room for improvment and hope to learn quite a few things during my time here.

Last edited by sierra xb; 06-21-2012 at 8:36 PM..
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 AM

I mostly lurk around here, and just thought I'd say, "Hello!" I appreciate the wealth of information here (mainly in the CCW subforum) due to the hard work of those responsible for making an effort towards CCW reform in CA. Your work is appreciated.
Old 07-10-2011, 9:22 AM

Default howdy

been lurking for a while. met some members yesterday @ falcon security's tactical rifle I class & they suggested i join the community. so here i am. yeehaw!

db