Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Rez View Post
Hey, this is Gio from Sacramento.
Wouldn't mind meeting other Sacramento Calgunners.
Hey Gio, not like I hear myself saying that a lot. Welcome to Cal Guns

-Gio
Old 05-01-2009, 2:52 PM

whats up, just joined yesterday...from monterey,CA
Old 05-01-2009, 3:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07*double*R View Post
Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your stay

-Gio
Old 05-01-2009, 5:05 PM

Hey, I'm currently in Sac so hit me up if you want to go shoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Rez View Post
Hey, this is Gio from Sacramento.
Wouldn't mind meeting other Sacramento Calgunners.
Welcome! I was born and raised in Monterey county and frequently travel down there. We are trying to get a meet at Laguna seca sometime soon so stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07*double*R View Post
Old 05-03-2009, 8:09 AM

Cool

Howdy ! ...
Barney from the Lost Coast Of California ...
Native Californian , Native American , Ex Air Commando (Viet Nam 1973-1975)
Been hunting and target shooting since I was 8 ...
Glad to find a forum for Golden State enthusiasts ...
Later ...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Hey everybody! I saw your forums yesterday and thought it'd be a great place to join and get to know other shooters here in the CA.

I'm in the Central Coast area, and I've been shooting since I was old enough to pull the trigger!

Glad to be here!
Old 05-03-2009, 8:33 PM

Checking in from the Bay Area. I have been a 3-5 times a week visitor to the sight for over a year, but I never got around to registering. Well, now I'm official. And, I can use the "Search" feature.
Old 05-03-2009, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Packers! View Post
Checking in from the Bay Area. I have been a 3-5 times a week visitor to the sight for over a year, but I never got around to registering. Well, now I'm official. And, I can use the "Search" feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Search on this site sucks, someone should do something about it....

good luck with that.

But, good to have you aboard.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Kevin from San Francisco, I was looking for area Gun Stores and this was one of the first sites that came up. I'm 3 days into my 10-day for my first handgun, a PX4 in 9mm. I've been shooting my Dad's Woodsman since I was 13 but never really thought about buying something of my own until about a month ago.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJGIL View Post
Kevin from San Francisco, I was looking for area Gun Stores and this was one of the first sites that came up. I'm 3 days into my 10-day for my first handgun, a PX4 in 9mm. I've been shooting my Dad's Woodsman since I was 13 but never really thought about buying something of my own until about a month ago.
Welcome to the club Kevin There is plenty of info on this forum, have fun and stay safe.

-Gio
Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Default howdy...

I'm "DrJoe", a newbie to the gun owning community.

7 days into my wait for my first pistol (a High Standard Sport King). I've been shooting off and on for years with friends but am finally taking steps towards gun ownership of my own. I'm buying because I am interested in home defense, collecting, target shooting, and eventually some hunting.

My High Standard is just the first of many many guns I am interested in collecting (budget and law permitting). Particularly interested in acquiring an M1 Garand and WWII vintage 1911 (hopefully more than one of each).

I hail from the Bay Area and just finished reading "How to own a gun and stay out of jail" (which I highly recommend). I suppose I am a "gun loving liberal" but other than the 2nd Amendment, I'm not here to talk politics, just guns. And yes, I am very pro-2nd Amendment. In fact, after reading "How to own..." and learning how near impossible it is to get a CCW in the Bay Area, I am seeing the world with new eyes.

Well, that's it for now. Looking forward to talking with fellow members.

DrJoe
-------------------
"A man doesn't need a gun until he needs it very badly." --- Unknown.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Welcome DrJoe to CAl Guns Nice to have another SF Bay Area shooter and 2A supporter as well

-Gio
Old 05-04-2009, 2:26 PM

Default Hi From Wiley

Hi all,
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of being part of your site. I am looking forward to getting to know many of you, even if it is only On line. I'm originally from NY and lived many places including non firearm friendly countries like SIngapore.
I've been out in California (Rancho Cucamonga) for 3 years and decided instead of trying to bring my wesson .357 and colt gov. iss. 45 (that were my dad's before he passed) here, I'll just pick up something to go with my 12 guage and AR-7 (a little toy for the GFs to use....LOL) while I'm here.
so, now, the search is on for a nice glock 30. Since I sat on my duff so long, I'm suffering the supply and demand syndrome...LOL
Anyways, Just want to say hi and thanks again.
Old 05-04-2009, 4:43 PM
Banned

Hello all! Have lurked for a long time and have finally joined. Kind of nice to have a CA specific gun site. Couldn't think of a user name, happened to be eating a, you guessed it, deep sea double when I joined,haha!

Unfortunately I like fast food almost as much as guns and it's showing Anyone ever want to me up at Rallys or something(generally the location on Artesia blvd and Downey or the one in Norwalk)and have lunch, let me know!
Old 05-05-2009, 1:25 PM

Hello, new guy here. Not from Cali, though. I hope that's alright. Lots of great info here, and I hope I can learn something.
Old 05-05-2009, 5:05 PM

New member assuming the po-- er, checking in here.
Grew up in the Bay Area, purchased my 1st gun while there too (at the former National Shooting Club, now Reed's in Santa Clara). Was able to score 2 hi-cap mags for it while it was still legal and still own it (Sigma 40F), and later bought my first NEW pistol in '02 from a little place in Campbell, CA (CZ40B).

Relocated to Modesto in late '03 (long story), ended up in Fresno as of late '05, and bought another pistol in early '07 (CZ97b fer my big mitts) that I STILL haven't broken in yet (great timing, now that ammo is rarer than hen's teeth I've been trying to acquire some .45 ACP! Can anybody ?).

I'm an aficianado of whiskies/Scotch, bourbon and tequilas, interested in things Scottish having been there twice and having ancestors from there, member of a PCA church here, car buff, conservative and an NRA Life member, although not as active in that as I could be.

So, hiyas !
Old 05-06-2009, 8:31 AM

Hello all,

Just joined last night. . . better late than never.

Member name is my name (scary, huh?)

NRA life member, Utah CCW holder (denied, illegally, by CA) with too many other hobbies to list.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossRinSD View Post
Tell us about the shooting scene in Scotland. What do you guys have over there, whats illegal?
That is easy answered. Well perhaps not!!
Handguns are a big NO!! They are illegal, except military and armed police. Not even .22 ! Any centerfire semi auto rifle is illegal too!!

To buy rifles and/or shotguns you need a Firearms Licence and/or a Shotgun Certificate. Both have to be applied for at the local police department followed by a in-depth background check (local and national police check, Driving Licence Agency, Interpol), a small misdemeanour or a few traffic offences can result in refusal of the licence. Police will contact your family doctor too if there are any major health problems like epilepsy or mental health problems. You will require two referees who will be visited by police and questioned about you and your character.
Police will visit your home to check if all security and safety measures are in place. Any problems in any of these checks and the licence will be denied.
In your firearms licence application you have to prove to police that you have a valid reason to hold a rifle, so you need to be a full member of a shooting club or hold land where you can hunt. No reason no licence.
Every rifle has to be logged on the licence and approved by police before you can buy it, meaning you need to show where you will shoot and which calibre and what. So if you intend to buy a .300 win mag or a .338 lapua for target shooting even long range, you have no chance to get it as police will say that is not appropriate.
Ammunition is logged on the licence too. Calibre and the max. allowed storage amount as well as the max. amount you can buy. For example I am permitted to hold max. 200 rounds of .308 win but can only buy 100 rounds at any given time.
Most people do reload their own ammo but we have supply problems of propellant, bullets etc. Most times you have to take what you get.
Police has the right to inspect your stocks and premises at any time if you have firearms.
There are further laws for transport and handling of arms, any violation and you loose your licence and rifles.
So due to all this I have a .308 win, 30-06 Springfield, .223 rem, and .22lr bolt action rifles and a .357 magnum underlever carbine.
There are a few private rifle ranges where we can shoot most of those are only 100 meters (110 yards). Anything longer we go and use the local Army training facility, there we can shoot up to 1300 yards.
I guess equipment wise we are pretty poor in compare to the USA. Any comments? What do you think?
I hope to meet here people and participate on conversations in the forums before I move to California to be more wise on the gun laws in California.
Speak to you soon
Peter
Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik S. Klein View Post
Hello all,

Just joined last night. . . better late than never.

Member name is my name (scary, huh?)

NRA life member, Utah CCW holder (denied, illegally, by CA) with too many other hobbies to list.
Hello and welcome.
Great forum here
Old 05-06-2009, 4:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Glad to be here! I'm a military rifle guy, so I'll be cruising the c&r board a lot.....
Old 05-08-2009, 4:06 PM
Veteran Member

Hi, my name is grymster and I'm a gunoholic!

Been hangin' at TFL for a couple years, but thought I'd see how you local people conduct a gun forum.

Lay me dun in the caul caul grun.....

caput ferrum equus ego veho
Old 05-09-2009, 9:08 PM

Hi everybody, is it ok for an old lady to join you guys? I was born in Berkely, raised in Oakland, and went to San Francisco State where I sucessfully resisted the brainwashing. My Dad was an NRA instructor and I was raised around firearms. Until December I am one of those rare California CCW holders. (I have been told my permit will not be renewed becaues my good cause is no longer good enough.) I love to shoot, am pretty good with a handgun and with a rifle and I can put holes in the side of a barn - usually.
Glad to meet you all,
Karen
Old 05-10-2009, 7:47 PM

What's up people?

I'm Todd, 31, ex US Navy. Now I fly UAV's as a civillian contractor. Blah blah blah. I joined because I like guns, and I wanted to find out information on building/buying an AR-15 legally in California.

I currently own an M44 Mosin Nagant, and a .12 guage over/under Huglu that I purchased in Turkey.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 05-10-2009, 8:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Wow looks like a steady stream of new people joining in the last week or so. Welcome to all our new Cal Gunners! Cannot wait to see you guys post up your firearms and or questions about firearms as well

-Gio
Old 05-10-2009, 8:55 PM

Smile Hey from San Diego

Hello...My name is Bill. Born and raised in San Diego. Been shooting for a loooong time, so it's good to have found\heard about this site!

Anywho...look forward to checking out the forum and all that comes with it

Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblebee View Post
Hello...My name is Bill. Born and raised in San Diego. Been shooting for a loooong time, so it's good to have found\heard about this site!

Anywho...look forward to checking out the forum and all that comes with it

Thanks
Welcome, enjoy!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm new to Calguns...heck, I'm new to guns, in general. I figured that after my business has been broken into 3 times now, with around $3,000 in damages/stolen items, it's time to start packin' heat! I'm not so into it to say it's a hobby yet, I'm into it more from the standpoint of trying to protect my family/business.

I'm in the Central Valley (top rated city on Forbes "Most Miserable Cities" list) and have a Mossberg 590, Glock 17, and am looking to get a revolver to add to the mix.

Looking forward to chatting with some of you, seems like a great group to be a part of.

-Nate
Old 05-11-2009, 2:53 PM

Stockton?

I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.
Old 05-11-2009, 3:37 PM

Yep, can u believe we beat out Detroit this year?!
Old 05-12-2009, 9:47 AM

Hello all! Found your site while researching OLLs, and now I have one in the mail as well. looking forward to the vast amounts of information here. thanks for all you have done for the gun community here in CA!
Old 05-14-2009, 9:10 AM

Can someone guide me or help me on how to start a new thread. Been here for a while and I do not know how to start a new thread. According to the FAQ section, it says just click on the " New Thread " but I don't see any.
Old 05-14-2009, 9:20 AM

You have to be logged in AND you have to pick your sub-forum first (click on the category to which your thread will belong). Then you'll see the "New Thread" above the existing threads' listing, on the left.

Ben Harper

"It's a free country... or, at least, it will be."
- The Patriot -
Old 05-14-2009, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito View Post
Hello all! Found your site while researching OLLs, and now I have one in the mail as well. looking forward to the vast amounts of information here. thanks for all you have done for the gun community here in CA!
Welcome to Calguns!

Ben Harper

- The Patriot -
Old 05-14-2009, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark&Good View Post
You have to be logged in AND you have to pick your sub-forum first (click on the category to which your thread will belong). Then you'll see the "New Thread" above the existing threads' listing, on the left.
Thks... I found that "New thread" and I appreciate the help...
Old 05-14-2009, 9:26 AM

you're welcome

Ben Harper

- The Patriot -
Old 05-17-2009, 3:13 PM

Just wanted to say howdy and just thank the members of this forum, as the amount of information on here is awesome. I am trying to put together an AR and the search function has answered all my questions and then some. The only problem is now I can't help but pull up this site multiple times a day to drool and scheme on all the possiblities....
Old 05-19-2009, 1:35 PM

Default why hello there

Just wanted to say hi, and thanks to all the knowledgeable members here who have been enablers of my lurking habit for quite some time. I live in soCal, and started "collecting" about a year ago.

Take care!
Old 05-19-2009, 1:41 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinesePeepo View Post
Just wanted to say hi, and thanks to all the knowledgeable members here who have been enablers of my lurking habit for quite some time. I live in soCal, and started "collecting" about a year ago.

Take care!
Welcome aboard, glad to see you joined us!

Turby
Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 PM

Just saying hello, here.

Been lurking for awhile, mostly watching all the exciting stuff going on in the 2A subforum.

Purchased my first firearm today, and figured I'd hop on board. Been shooting with friends and family for awhile, just have one that I can call my own now, or in 10 days...
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 PM

Hi I have been reading a lot of info on here for a while trying to decide on my new gun. Just wanted to say Thanks for all the info & knoladge you all have.
Thanks John.

Just picked up my Spikes lower today, after the 10 day wait. Cant wait to start building, just finished ordering B.B., 10/30 mag & a CAR Stock wrench from cold war shooter. Just need to get the rest.

I'm a
mechannik
mecinic
mekinich

I FIX PLANES!