Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 04-27-2012, 3:09 AM

Default AAR:Falcon Operations Group Pistol Manipulation 1.5

I recently attended pistol 1.5 from Falcon Operations Group. To my knowledge this was the first official, open enrollment pistol manipulation 1.5 course they have conducted.

There were 6 students in the class including 4 LEO's. There were 2 Glocks, 2 S&W 4006 TSW's, a 1911, and an HK USP 45. The course was instructed by Hollywood.

We started off with a safety brief and then we covered the 3 D's (Done Deliberately with Determination). We then covered the 7 fundamentals of marksmanship.

We then moved on to BSA drills (balancing speed and accuracy) from 25 yards down to 3 yards. The BSA drills were all done on a timer. We then moved on to ball and dummy drills with a partner. Next we conducted blue falcon drills where we split up into pairs and set up malfunctions (type 1, 2, 3) on each other's guns. Falcon teaches diagnostic malfunction clearance.

We also conducted the F.R.A.S (Falcon Reload Accuracy Speed test). This was a really good drill using multiple targets (index cards) and several reloads. We also covered getting off of the X drills and shooting on the move (forward and backward).

We moved on to turning drills (left, right, to the rear) and running with the pistol in the high port. We then moved on to positional shooting (supine and urban prone) and shooting from a barricade. The day ended with an obstacle course that put all of the skills together.

I fired 395 rounds.

This was another great course from Falcon Operations Group. I highly recommend training with Falcon and will attend future courses with them.

Last edited by Jack's Smirking Revenge; 04-27-2012 at 3:13 AM..