Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-08-2012, 4:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

FYI... I ordered some rifle rounds (7.62X54R) back on the third and I just got a notice that it was shipped (these were NOT the jack ross brand). I have heard on other forums that Jack Ross is severely backlogged (1 million rounds behind on 9mm) and has let some employees go. Not to rain on your parade but good luck guys!
Old 05-08-2012, 9:00 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Sent an email canceling BOTH my orders last night with no reply. Resorting to phoning in the morning.
Old 05-09-2012, 8:58 AM

I have ordered over 6k of rounds and have received each round. Good ammo. I just placed another order for 1k .40

It is simple place your order, pay by credit card if you don't get a shipping verification by day 55 cancel your order via your CC. You have no risk.

Why are people panicking? No one yet has been screwed...
Old 05-09-2012, 9:04 AM
Bringing up the average.
CGN Contributor

55 days? When I can go to my garage and press 1K .40s for $120 any grain bullet I want in about 2 hrs.

It would be a great deal if it wasn't 2 months to get the ammo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Walking around with a banana in a holster won't do anything but get you laughed at.
"A true patriot would repeal the patriot act"
Ron Paul
Old 05-09-2012, 9:38 AM

I called and was told:
• 3-5weeks (#11xx .40)
• 15 new machines ~half up and running so far
• Order# doesn't = when your order will be filled considering different ammo/different backlogs

I actually had a little chat with the girl and she mentioned being yelled at all day so for what it's worth, give her a break. It's the nature of the beast when you're selling cheap ammo.
If a small business receives thousands of orders at once they'd go under soon after if they didn't take payment upfront. I would imagine the reason they are able to have staff, machines AND sell ammo for dirt cheap is because they place large orders to produce the ammo -- something that would be impossible to do with a small business charging per serving. Run yourself dry on funds and hick-ups like machine issues would put them in a hole they would never recover from and they'd go belly-up.
Old 05-10-2012, 1:21 PM

Well. Their small business got a contract with the police department, so its hard to imagine why they cant churn the rounds out. I highly doubt a small garage type operation would get the contract if they couldnt produce rounds on demand.
Old 05-22-2012, 7:23 AM

Canceled my orders too
They are taking WAY to long to get orders out.
I found ammo at my local gun store and it it was only 20.00 more for 1000 rds and i didn't have to wait 3+ months
Old 05-22-2012, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr821907 View Post
Went to a local shooting range and rented a pistol I wanted to tryout and the guy at the counter gave me a box of 9mm ammo in jack Ross packaging. It shoot fine out of the g19 but all I've got to say is dam those rounds were loaded hot.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Maybe they go mixed up w/ +p rounds??
anyhow I just got a reply from JRA and was informed: "Thank you for contacting us! For your order I estimate it shipping in 2-3 weeks. We are working as hard as we can to possibly make it sooner than that."
LOL we will see as I have my doubts judging from all these JR threads. Damn good thing I have a stash already.
ninja edit: Funny thing is I had just called their 877 number twice and both times I got a busy signal then noticed a new email......

Last edited by rayrayz; 05-22-2012 at 1:44 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 5:21 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm so tempted to order .45 from this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=575043

But very leery based on what's been experienced by others... even though he says "in stock", I just can't pull the trigger

-----------------------------
Old 05-22-2012, 5:54 PM

I ordered 1,000 9mm on the 1st of April. At the time I ordered it was clearly stated on the website that orders would be shipping mid-April... Now almost 2 months later, there is still no Jack Ross ammo in my possession.

Long story short, this company's shipping times are horrendously long.
Old 05-22-2012, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme View Post
Long story short, this company's shipping times are horrendously long.

and, when you cancel it takes 20 days to get the credit back on your credit card.
Old 05-23-2012, 9:11 PM

So yea I threw away 150$ over 3 months ago... not a word from them.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I think jack ross is a joke. My order was shorted 20 rounds. I got a hold of someone a couple times and they said they would have my extra rounds out "next tuesday". "Next tuesday" was two weeks ago. Now when I try to call, the line is always busy or off the hook.
Old 05-30-2012, 4:14 PM

Well ended up changing my order to 45s. It shipped out today. Now I need to try and find someone who will trade for 9mm. Any takes?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2012, 8:48 PM
Banned

Has anyone actually received any ammo they ordered from them recently ?
Old 05-30-2012, 8:53 PM

Nope, I have actually been wondering where my order is. I ordered some ammo almost two weeks ago and have not seen it yet....
Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycoff013 View Post
Nope, I have actually been wondering where my order is. I ordered some ammo almost two weeks ago and have not seen it yet....
same here.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 PM

well it says the wait time is about 6 weeks
Old 05-31-2012, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycoff013 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB247 View Post
same here.
Ordered only two weeks ago? Wow, you guys both have a long wait ahead of you. I ordered 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. Based on other posts, I think I still have a long ways to go.

Lame.

Old 05-31-2012, 4:56 PM

New company model.... take orders and peoples money. Ship out nothing.
Old 05-31-2012, 5:39 PM

I ordered 500 rounds of new 9mm on 2/25. They called me in early May and asked if I would accept reloads (more than 500) instead. I agreed and on May 10th I received my ammo.

They were very professional about it. i hadn't been bugging them. They said they were trying to clear up their backorders.

NRA Life Patron Member
SAF Life Member

Last edited by ssaction; 05-31-2012 at 7:52 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-01-2012, 9:03 AM

I know this has probably been mentioned several different places in all the many "Jack Ross Ammo" related email threads.... But,

Doesn't it seem very, very, very wrong for the vendor to charge our credit card immediately at time of order even though the expected delivery date is estimated MONTHS AWAY!!!!

I can understand being behind in production and taking a long while to catch up and ship orders, BUT!!! Don't charge my credit card UNTIL YOU SHIP my order!!!!

I've tried their website "contact us" form but NO RESPONSE back from them after several days.

What is the best, recommended avenue to get a response from Jack Ross so I can decide if I'm cancelling or not?

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." Albert Einstein
Old 06-01-2012, 9:17 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfan View Post
I know this has probably been mentioned several different places in all the many "Jack Ross Ammo" related email threads.... But,

Doesn't it seem very, very, very wrong for the vendor to charge our credit card immediately at time of order even though the expected delivery date is estimated MONTHS AWAY!!!!

I can understand being behind in production and taking a long while to catch up and ship orders, BUT!!! Don't charge my credit card UNTIL YOU SHIP my order!!!!

I've tried their website "contact us" form but NO RESPONSE back from them after several days.

What is the best, recommended avenue to get a response from Jack Ross so I can decide if I'm cancelling or not?
yes, it has been a concern and frustration by many... but as you will see in this thread (beginning at post #37)http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=575043 some people think your common sense logic means you are financially incapacitated (absurd, I know)

Old 06-01-2012, 9:19 AM

When I ordered my Aimpoint PRO, the vendor charged right away despite it being months out from them getting it. Also, when I was looking into the Lucid HD7, I was told they would charge right away also, again with it almost two months before it was expected to arrive.

Is it right? That's up to the consumer to decide.

I would think that most people on this and other firearm forums would know by now that if they order from JR (9's at least, seems 45's are shipping faster now), they'll we waiting a while to get it.

Know what you are getting into before you order, decide if it is worth the wait, then either order or take your business else where.

I do want to disclose that I did not experience the long wait times for 9mm that others are, most likely since I ordered very early and beat the rush. I believe I only waited a week. I have not reordered from them since then and have been ordering from Freedom Munitions with good success. I do plan on ordering from JR again once they catch up on their backlog.

Last edited by beatstanfurd; 06-01-2012 at 9:28 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 AM

I really appreciate the input from beatstanfurd & LBDamned!

After ready my post again, I realize that I'm a little cranky this morning.... rough week.

My issue really boils down to a disappointment in the communication from Jack Ross. Something like a post on their site explaining their unique process of charging prematurely would go along way. This is my first experience with ANY vendor EVER that charges for product months before it ships (unless it is a Special Order - non stock item).

I'll do my due-diligence and make a decision on how to handle the situation.

Thanks again for the comments!

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." Albert Einstein
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM

I ordered 2,000 reloaded 9mm on 3/28 (order #993) and still not a word. Called today multiple times. I think their phone is disconnected now or something? Has anyone been able to get hold of them via phone or email? I just want to make sure these guys are still fulfilling orders and not bailing on all of us.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM

I believe their Facebook page said they are moving to a larger warehouse and getting the phones moved. Check their page out for more info.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfan View Post
I really appreciate the input from beatstanfurd & LBDamned!

After ready my post again, I realize that I'm a little cranky this morning.... rough week.

My issue really boils down to a disappointment in the communication from Jack Ross. Something like a post on their site explaining their unique process of charging prematurely would go along way. This is my first experience with ANY vendor EVER that charges for product months before it ships (unless it is a Special Order - non stock item).

I'll do my due-diligence and make a decision on how to handle the situation.

Thanks again for the comments!
just to be clear - I agree with your position 100% (as many of us do). There arent many merchants (in any industry) that charge in advance with no notification of when product will be given to you.

My reason for posting the link to the other thread was to let you know, yes there are others in the same boat as you and feel the same way... but there are a few (well maybe 2) that think having this view means you dont have enough money to order - and/or you should somehow know this is how it is and deal with it.

Hopefully you'll have a resolution soon.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Just got a reply from my status request. They said they are processing March orders now.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown View Post
I ordered 2,000 reloaded 9mm on 3/28 (order #993) and still not a word. Called today multiple times. I think their phone is disconnected now or something? Has anyone been able to get hold of them via phone or email? I just want to make sure these guys are still fulfilling orders and not bailing on all of us.
Posted ~ three hours ago on their Facebook page.

Quote:
Yet again, our phone company has not completely resolved our phone issue. Instead of the busy signal we had before, it is now ringing once and getting dead air space. The quickest way to contact us will be emailing our sales@jackrossammo.com account, I am working on replying to all of the mail in our @info account. Very sorry about this, we want it up and running as much as you all do!
Old 06-01-2012, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatstanfurd View Post
Posted ~ three hours ago on their Facebook page.
Thanks I was beginning to worry.
Old 06-01-2012, 1:41 PM

Don't worry, it just leads to premature gray hairs
Old 06-01-2012, 2:30 PM
Veteran Member

Hope you get all your ammo, and the guy hasn't over committed.
Old 06-03-2012, 6:26 PM

Processing March orders now????????? This is getting ridickulous.
Old 06-03-2012, 6:30 PM

Not sure if this is ok to do but here is a site to help find good pricing on ammo.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo
Old 06-03-2012, 6:35 PM

If you don't reload here is a deal for 9.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-fmj-50rd.html
Old 06-04-2012, 3:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I try calling several times a day and it's always busy. Something is up with their phone lines (phone off the hook).

If I were them, I would have shot the phone by now.
Old 06-04-2012, 3:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I try calling several times a day and it's always busy. Something is up with their phone lines (phone off the hook).

If I were them, I would have shot the phone by now.
Old 06-04-2012, 3:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

http://gun-deals.com/ammo .... NO THANKS! That's how I found Jack Ross in the first place!