Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
DirtyLaundry's Avatar
DirtyLaundry DirtyLaundry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 1,458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Rifle/Upper weights.

I think it would be very useful (and much appreciated) if you guys at PSA could weigh and throw some numbers up for your rifles and completed uppers and a complete lower in the various configurations you sell them (within reason). If not putting the weight on the product page making a simple reference sheet in a thread here would be useful in gauging the final weight of a completed rifle.

Wouldn't be much work. One guy, a shipping scale, and pile of uppers/rifles could do it in about 10 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2012, 5:43 AM
Palmetto State Armory's Avatar
Palmetto State Armory Palmetto State Armory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 822
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLaundry View Post
Wouldn't be much work. One guy, a shipping scale, and pile of uppers/rifles could do it in about 10 minutes.
We have been working on this, but it takes longer than 10 minutes. Uppers are built in batches, and all of them aren't available at the same time. I could have one of the assemblers weigh them as they make them, but you know the saying about if you want something done right..
__________________
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2012, 5:55 PM
Peter.Steele's Avatar
Peter.Steele Peter.Steele is offline
Irritable Smut Lordô
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: .
Posts: 7,367
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
We have been working on this, but it takes longer than 10 minutes. Uppers are built in batches, and all of them aren't available at the same time. I could have one of the assemblers weigh them as they make them, but you know the saying about if you want something done right..

I'm one of your biggest fans on CGN, but that statement makes me wonder ... if you can't trust your assemblers to put something on a scale and write down a number, should I be trusting them to have put together a piece of machinery that contains explosions right next to my face?

Of course I know you're only kidding ... but still ...
__________________
NRA Life Member

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2012, 9:25 PM
DirtyLaundry's Avatar
DirtyLaundry DirtyLaundry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 1,458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
We have been working on this, but it takes longer than 10 minutes. Uppers are built in batches, and all of them aren't available at the same time. I could have one of the assemblers weigh them as they make them, but you know the saying about if you want something done right..
Good to hear. Anxiously awaiting the results of this effort.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2012, 6:11 AM
Palmetto State Armory's Avatar
Palmetto State Armory Palmetto State Armory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 822
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Steele View Post
I'm one of your biggest fans on CGN, but that statement makes me wonder ... if you can't trust your assemblers to put something on a scale and write down a number, should I be trusting them to have put together a piece of machinery that contains explosions right next to my face?

Of course I know you're only kidding ... but still ...
I didn't word that properly. I meant that they are extremely busy, and it would only hinder them to have to keep track of a scale and documentation. It will get done faster and more efficiently if someone outside of production does it. Our team is top notch, and I didn't mean to make them sound otherwise.
That, and I may get shot or stabbed if I bring a scale back there and ask them to record the weight of each upper.
__________________
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2012, 4:24 PM
Peter.Steele's Avatar
Peter.Steele Peter.Steele is offline
Irritable Smut Lordô
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: .
Posts: 7,367
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I didn't word that properly. I meant that they are extremely busy, and it would only hinder them to have to keep track of a scale and documentation. It will get done faster and more efficiently if someone outside of production does it. Our team is top notch, and I didn't mean to make them sound otherwise.
That, and I may get shot or stabbed if I bring a scale back there and ask them to record the weight of each upper.

I knew what you meant.


Still though, on your old website, I could swear that there was a note for what the weight was of each upper?
__________________
NRA Life Member

No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic68220_5.gif
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2012, 9:14 PM
DirtyLaundry's Avatar
DirtyLaundry DirtyLaundry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 1,458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I didn't word that properly. I meant that they are extremely busy, and it would only hinder them to have to keep track of a scale and documentation. It will get done faster and more efficiently if someone outside of production does it. Our team is top notch, and I didn't mean to make them sound otherwise.
That, and I may get shot or stabbed if I bring a scale back there and ask them to record the weight of each upper.
For what its worth I've heard mostly good about PSA. Other than a few assembly/QC blunders trumped up on the internet, everything has been of good quality and fantastic value. And whenever these is an issue you guys take care of it.

Got my brother interested in AR's and suggested he buy a rifle kit from PSA. He got it last week, threw it together on a JD lower, and is impressed with the quality of rifle he has for just under $700 invested
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2012, 6:52 AM
Palmetto State Armory's Avatar
Palmetto State Armory Palmetto State Armory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 822
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Steele View Post
Still though, on your old website, I could swear that there was a note for what the weight was of each upper?
It's possible that it didn't make the transition if it was listed on the old site.
I have a handful of uppers done so far, and I'll try and get the information added this week. I'll also include the barrel diameters before and after the gas block.
__________________
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2012, 9:44 PM
DirtyLaundry's Avatar
DirtyLaundry DirtyLaundry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 1,458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any word on when this will be added to the site?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2012, 9:12 AM
Palmetto State Armory's Avatar
Palmetto State Armory Palmetto State Armory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 822
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLaundry View Post
Any word on when this will be added to the site?
I have been swamped and had put it on the back burner. I'll try and make more progress on it this coming week.
__________________
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-31-2012, 6:33 PM
DirtyLaundry's Avatar
DirtyLaundry DirtyLaundry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: La Jolla
Posts: 1,458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
I have been swamped and had put it on the back burner. I'll try and make more progress on it this coming week.
Cool. Been holding off on my latest AR builds for this.

On a related note I just got my PSA lowers from the calguns special and they're mint, can't wait to get them together.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.