Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM

Default Little Rant.

Pretty mad at myself right now.
Paid retail for a special order rifle that was available on hand 5 minutes at another shop for $75+ less. Not only that, I ordered it on a Friday and the shop is closed on a Monday so I would have to wait 11 days. Just got back from RCGEX and turns out my rifle wasn't ordered on the day I ordered and paid for it but a full 5 days after and wont be here till tomorrow or possibly even later. So not only did I pay a premium, but I have to wait 12 days, possibly more if it doesn't arrive.

On top of that its not even the rifle I wanted. I wanted a laminated wood stock but no one could order it at the time so I had to settle for a synthetic one. This day of joy and excitement turns into disappointment and anger.

Couple thoughts, if the government knows I own several registered firearms. Why do I have to wait 10 day cool down period?

Also, anyone know where I can find some 168gr GMM in Sacramento?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionstar View Post
Pretty mad at myself right now.
Paid retail for a special order rifle that was available on hand 5 minutes at another shop for $75+ less. Not only that, I ordered it on a Friday and the shop is closed on a Monday so I would have to wait 11 days. Just got back from RCGEX and turns out my rifle wasn't ordered on the day I ordered and paid for it but a full 5 days after and wont be here till tomorrow or possibly even later. So not only did I pay a premium, but I have to wait 12 days, possibly more if it doesn't arrive.

On top of that its not even the rifle I wanted. I wanted a laminated wood stock but no one could order it at the time so I had to settle for a synthetic one. This day of joy and excitement turns into disappointment and anger.

Couple thoughts, if the government knows I own several registered firearms. Why do I have to wait 10 day cool down period?

Also, anyone know where I can find some 168gr GMM in Sacramento?
Sorry about your luck with the rifle. As to the waiting period, there is no real good reason. Most (non california) places you can buy a rifle and walk away same day.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM
You PC, Bro?
CGN Contributor

man that bites
Old 03-20-2012, 1:18 PM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

that just sucks. and ya the cooling off period is stupid for people who already own a few guns...
/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ
Old 03-20-2012, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Umm how about info on the shops? Who did you go thru and who di you se cheaper?

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 03-21-2012, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

Calguns foundation has a lawsuit going right now challenging the waiting period... Lawsuits aren't cheap, so donate!!!!
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong; Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong; Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown, Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.

Whatever doesn't kill me... better start running.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

I know exactly how you feel.
I've tried to make it a policy that once I buy something, I stop shopping.
And I try to make doubly sure that "it is what I want at the price I'm willing to pay." Then when I see a better one for less I keep repeating "it was what I wanted at a price I was willing to pay." "sob"

Old 03-22-2012, 9:04 PM

Sounds like you should mostly be kicking yourself, rather than ranting about the shop you ordered from.
You must have needed the gun in a hurry if you ordered one that didn't have the features you wanted.
Didn't you look around on the internet for pricing, so you could compare total costs? From your post you certainly didn't shop around locally.
You said you ordered it on a Friday. Did the store have enough time to order it from their supplier? How early were you in there? Could be that their first opportunity to order it would have been the following Tuesday.
We all know about the ten day wait. The store doesn't control that. If you can't live with it move to another state. Didn't the store have some sign stating there open hours and showing they were closed Monday? Most places do.
Sorry, but it just seems to me you're crying over your own mistakes.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM

Yes I knew what I was paying, yes I knew it would be 11 days, which is why im kicking myself, im not blaming anyone for that. Only part I was frustrated at was the fact that the salesman said they usually arrive in 7 days, even printed a little special order item description thing for me. His choice of words lead me to assume he ordered it on the spot. Turns out its taking 13 days. , the only other shop that had it was a pawn shop that doesnt come up in any search. I found it through the yellow pages only after to look at guitars. Don't get me wrong, the owner called me directly to let me know and offered to mount my scope and bore sight it when I pick it up, which I didnt take advantage because it was way too busy. in any case, im satisfied with the shop and the efforts of the owner, and after picking it up, im content with my purchase.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:48 PM

Default River City

It's Don from River City.

He's saying it the way it played out. I do the ordering for the store and although I placed the order to secure the inventory on Friday I failed to close the order before I left for the weekend. The order was taken too late for it to get in a brown truck on Friday due to it being ordered from an East Coast supplier with a 3 hour headstart to their day. And, since we're closed on Monday I didn't see that the order was still open until Tuesday when I came back to work.

So, yes, it's my fault on this one (not the salesman) and the offer to mount and boresight the rifle for him still stands.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 PM

Thanks for the reply don, I ended up just mounting it up with little trouble. Although the tube is probably canted to a degree, I dont notice it. This is a beautiful rifle, I have 2 other tikkas that were purchased out of state and knowing what I was waiting for made it more grueling. I've been buying guns from you since I got my first paycheck and have recommended your shop to my friends and family since then and never had any issues regarding bad customer service or anything like that. In any case, thanks for the offer and the explaination. I had no problems waiting extra few days but the kid in me got the better part of the situation.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Banned

That sucks.
Old 03-23-2012, 4:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Sounds like you were in such a hurry you settled for something you did not want. Not really the gun store's fault on that. What you could of done is ordered the rifle you wanted and waited till it was available in the style and color you wanted. Sounds like it was more of a impulse buy than a thought out purchase.
The only thing I can blame the gun shop for is taking too long to order it. Ok Ill give you that. maybe the gun store can throw in a box of ammo or something to lessen the pain. its not like the guy took your money and ran off to Vegas.