Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member

Cool Wish Turners sold you the gun you see

Hi, this is not a really a complaint but more of a suggestion, as well as to see how others feel about it. I bought a Mosin Nagant, as well as just recently a WASR 10/63 from Turners and they show you one off the shelf and then order a different one that you are actually going to get on pickup. This to me isn't the best system because with guns like those it's important to inspect the rifle before you buy it, and if you can't see the actual rifle you are going to receive then you can't do so. Just a thought maybe they could order a few at a time on location to let customers to inspect the gun. I'm not sure how it works exactly but I think that would be appreciated by customers, especially ones who know what their looking for. Thanks, just a thought.

Last edited by AK all day; 03-19-2012 at 9:27 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 9:08 PM
Calguns Addict

They do let you. Every gun I have bought there they show you the one on the shelf when you ask to see it but once you say you want it they bring one out from the back and do the paperwork. At that point you can look it over it is the one you will get. If you don't like it let them know and they will change it out.

If they don't have one in stock and it is coming in from the warehouse you can come in at any time during the DROS once it has arrived at the shop and you can inspect it and still even change it out at that point.

I have done this many times...
The above is not legal advice. It is just something you read from some dude on the internet. It does not reflect the opinion of Calguns.net. If it seems rude it was probably meant to read sarcastically.

Marlin 795 MEGATHREAD Part Deuce
Featureless Rifle Build Guide - Now over 100 Muzzle Devices!
Old 03-19-2012, 9:14 PM
Aka Mike Oxsmall
CGN Contributor

I like getting one that hasn't been touched by a bunch grimmy hands! Including mine lol
Old 03-19-2012, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Yes chaos, I planned to call and ask if my WASR had arrived from warehouse yet to possibly look at it, and possibly get it swapped if its junk. I'm a very picky person, that's the only reason this bothers me haha
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM

Yeah Dillion Jury, I just picked up a wasr 10 too, well put it on layaway, when they were on sale last week. I asked the fella that was helping me if it was possible to inspect it and maybe switch it out, before I picked it up and took it home. He said yeah and gave me a serial number and said that that number was going to be my gun but that I could change it out for what ever reason. You just have to change it before the dros are completed. I just hope that if I do want to change it out, that they have a some in stock to switch from. He also said that for the most part that the wasrs that come defected are the single stack wasr, and there quality control has been better in recent years.

Last edited by aamay1986; 03-19-2012 at 10:42 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah that's exactly my thought... Well what can you do, it's a crazy system. With WASRs it's kind of a gamble, what location do you shop at?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:31 PM

I wouldn't mind buying one of those grimy guns that everyone touches, if they could give some sort of discount. But they won't.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM

I went to the norwalk store. What store did you go to? I am sure they'll be fine. Surely they'll work something out if we're not happy with the wasr you or me get. I've bought two guns from them and they've been good to me so far.

Last edited by aamay1986; 03-20-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-20-2012, 5:23 AM
Veteran Member

Well I hope so, I'm at Sanbernadino location :/ and they have decent service also.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon Jury View Post
Hi, this is not a really a complaint but more of a suggestion, as well as to see how others feel about it. I bought a Mosin Nagant, as well as just recently a WASR 10/63 from Turners and they show you one off the shelf and then order a different one that you are actually going to get on pickup. This to me isn't the best system because with guns like those it's important to inspect the rifle before you buy it, and if you can't see the actual rifle you are going to receive then you can't do so. Just a thought maybe they could order a few at a time on location to let customers to inspect the gun. I'm not sure how it works exactly but I think that would be appreciated by customers, especially ones who know what their looking for. Thanks, just a thought.
As other posters have noted, we will always work with you on this especially on guns like C&R's or imported AK's. We are also splitting more C&R guns to the stores from the start so that they have more than one in the store for you to see.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest (Coming Soon)

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelcardenas77 View Post
I like getting one that hasn't been touched by a bunch grimmy hands! Including mine lol
I would agree on a current production gun since they are all the same, but I can understand on something like a Mosin where everyone seems to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmrx2 View Post
I wouldn't mind buying one of those grimy guns that everyone touches, if they could give some sort of discount. But they won't.
I have actually seen them give discounts on "shelf" guns at Turners, especially if it is the last one in stock.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Think about it this way. If you buy the display model, then what are the employees going to show the next guy that wants to look at the gun?
I'm glad they don't sell the display model so that there is always one for us to look at.