Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 03-17-2012, 3:50 PM

Default delete

delete

Last edited by dued; 11-07-2022 at 11:42 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 4:29 PM
Calguns Addict

QD swivel on the stock itself...but be aware, it doesn't have a Anti-rotation feature , so your sling can twist up. I find this to not be a big deal, but some do...
Old 03-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Thank you sir for the info - good to see that you're supporting the WWP
Old 03-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

The Gen 2 LMT Sopmod's have limited rotation QD swivels I'm not sure about the B5 I wrap my sling through the buttstock and use a QD on the forearm.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

TI7 stock.... better design IMO

Old 03-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiontrails View Post
TI7 stock.... better design IMO
And how does that solve the OP's question about mounting a sling to the SOPMOD he just bought?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dued View Post
I just sourced a B5 SOPMOD stock & I have a standard castle nut & end plate. What is the best way to mount a sling to this thing? Should I use a sling plate instead of using the stock as an attachment point?
Are you using a single point or two point sling?

Single point - I would get a magpul ASAP and cut off the ring and directly attach the sling to the metal loop with a clip.

Two point - Just attach it directly to the SOPMOD with a QD and then... I don't know what you are running up front. I have a Larue hand guard and it has a built in QD mount so I just use that. You'll have to play with it and see what you like.

I run this two point sling, BFG Vickers 2-Point Padded Sling. I like it, super comfortable and the hardware makes it fast and easy to switch to your off hand.

Disclaimer: I'm just a mall ninja, not an operator hahaha. Also, if this is just for the range you don't NEED a sling.

Last edited by RRichie09; 03-18-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-18-2012, 1:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRichie09 View Post
If this is just for the range you don't NEED a sling.
Perhaps only if you're shooting from a bench, but the benefits of a sling are such that if you have any interest at all in having even a rudimentary understanding of rifle marksmanship, a sling is a necessity. A good sling is so much more than just a carry strap.

As for the rear attachment point, mounted to the endplate or stock is a matter of personal preference.

I use a Blue Force Gear VCAS mounted on a QD swivel on the outside of my emod, with the front point on a DD rail swivel point as far forward on the rail as it goes.
Old 03-20-2012, 2:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60 View Post
Perhaps only if you're shooting from a bench, but the benefits of a sling are such that if you have any interest at all in having even a rudimentary understanding of rifle marksmanship, a sling is a necessity. A good sling is so much more than just a carry strap.

As for the rear attachment point, mounted to the endplate or stock is a matter of personal preference.

I use a Blue Force Gear VCAS mounted on a QD swivel on the outside of my emod, with the front point on a DD rail swivel point as far forward on the rail as it goes.

Absolutely correct, but I left that out because he is obviously a new shooter and a sling is the last thing he needs right now. That is why I capitalized the word "need" in my original post. The money could be used to buy more ammo so he can work on other fundamentals.

Shooting medium distances while in a standing position is one of my favorite things to do. The bench is too boring for me.