Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 8:07 PM

Default Positive experiences at Turners in Torrance!

Quoting a post from a this http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=545021 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfanimal View Post
Same as above with the Torrance location. Called the other afternoon to check up on my 4473/DROS. Phone was picked up by Whitney within a few rings, told her what I wanted to check up on and make sure my paperwork was all clear. She placed me on hold and was back within a minute and answered my questions. Nothing but great experiences at the Torrance location so far.
In addition, there was a younger, taller gentleman (redshirt) helping me at the firearm counter whose name I didn't catch (but also worked at the Reseda store and lives in the valley) that was helping me and was great.

Today, I went in to put an AR lower from palmetto on layway (the calguns special that ended today) and waited for less than 10 minutes for my ticket to get called, helped get me done in less than 5 minutes...He picked up the phone and helped someone for all of twenty seconds while he was on the computer checking to give me a timeline on when the lowers would be coming in (completely acceptable to me, as the phone was right in front of him when the page for hunting to pick up sounded). His name was Jose R. I believe?

I'll be back Saturday to bail my G19 out of 10 day jail and am looking forward to the continuation of great customer service at the Torrance location.
Old 03-10-2012, 1:54 PM

I'll bump your thread because I was at Turners Torrance today. Naturally, the only busy part of the store was the gun counter.

I was there for a PPT and evidently they had already done a couple (or a few) that day. Didn't receive any hassle or attitude and was promptly helped when my number was called. Was out in less than one hour.

Was also nice to see ammo sitting out on display, not hidden behind the counter. Looks like they do need to stock some more 7.62x39. I think they had sold out of AE and some guy was asking for that caliber. Salesperson said they were all out. In my browsing however I did see a handful of Wolf WPA boxes and pointed it out. Customer scooped it all up.

So far so good. We'll see how it goes when I'm back in 10 days or so.
Old 03-10-2012, 4:51 PM
Chaotic Neutral
CGN Contributor

I went to the Torrance store late last year just as a matter of convenience since I was in the area too early to pick someone up at LAX and needed to get my HSC anyway. I got there about an hour before closing and it was very busy, and not only did I get my HSC but the counter guys were patient and informative answering my noob questions about ARs despite me clearly not being ready to purchase anything. Great customer service.
Old 03-10-2012, 7:22 PM

Updating:

Picked up my G19 today. Got in around 5:20 and naturally gun counter - crowded. Number was called within 5 minutes, another 10 minutes after that to finish up paperwork & pay the balance. Maybe I've gotten lucky as far as wait time since I have yet to wait longer than 15 minutes at this Turners, but there's no denying that the customer service has still been great.
Old 03-23-2012, 2:07 PM

Picked up my PPT rifle today. Was finished in about half an hour. The longest part of my wait was when I decided to buy a cheapo case for it and had to pay and then come back and wait at the counter so I could stuff my rifle in it.

I didn't feel obligated to buy a case but having driven nearly 40 miles and spent only $30 that went to Turners a safer transport for my rifle was worth it. Then I really went way out of character after remembering I wanted/needed a rear iron sight for a new AR upper I just acquired.

Turners had the DD fixed rear sight and of course at max retail of $69.99. That's my only remaining complaint. Their accessories are pricey, including Magpul. Average for the sight online was $65 so factor in shipping and I'd get close to the same $ amount after tax. Just nitpicking I suppose.

Now I need to gather myself and head to the range...