Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 8:38 PM

Default Should I assume a brand new glock is gen 4?

For the Glock 19's that Turner sells, can I assume that they're the latest gen? Or do they sell gen 3's still?
Old 03-05-2012, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

You should never assume anything about anything...
Old 03-05-2012, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal View Post
You should never assume anything about anything...
unfortunately, I think I just realized that the hard way.

just bought one that was on sale last week. assumed, since it was brand new, that it would be gen 4. Just picked it up and it's a gen 3. I thought they didn't sell those anymore.
Old 03-05-2012, 8:50 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe321 View Post
For the Glock 19's that Turner sells, can I assume that they're the latest gen? Or do they sell gen 3's still?
Turner's will be selling Gen3 guns. Gen4 Glocks say so on the slide, so you can tell, and they are not on the roster of not unsafe handguns so they can't be sold in CA in their original configuration.

There are some dealers that do sell Gen4 glocks in CA, but they ahve to convertn them to single-shot exempt first.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

Gen 4 is not on the roster unless you get it through SSE
Calguns Addict

gen 4's are not on the list so they are gen 3's.glock makes gen 3's still because of certain laws in the world i assume...

why do you think idiots sell gen 4's on the market place for 200 over value of the gun they paid
Old 03-05-2012, 8:51 PM
Calguns Addict

gen 4's are not on the list so they are gen 3's.glock makes gen 3's still because of certain laws in the world i assume...

why do you think idiots sell gen 4's on the market place for 200 over value of the gun they paid
Old 03-05-2012, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Turner's will be selling Gen3 guns. Gen4 Glocks say so on the slide, so you can tell, and they are not on the roster of not unsafe handguns so they can't be sold in CA in their original configuration.

There are some dealers that do sell Gen4 glocks in CA, but they ahve to convertn them to single-shot exempt first.
oh dang. I didn't even know that. Yeah, they didn't have one on display when I went in to make the purchase. but, it didn't even cross my mind that it wouldn't be gen 4. but, i didn't know all that stuff either about the roster. So i guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. gen 3 is the only one available anyway.

what is it about the gen 4 that you can't sell in california? and by "roster", is that just a list of guns you can't sell in california?
Old 03-05-2012, 9:18 PM

[QUOTE=what is it about the gen 4 that you can't sell in california? and by "roster", is that just a list of guns you can't sell in california?[/QUOTE]

from CA OAG's web site:

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
Old 03-05-2012, 9:32 PM

SB 489 (Stats. 2003, ch. 500) (Scott)
Requires that effective January 1, 2006, no semiautomatic center-fire pistol model may be added to the roster of handguns certified for sale in California unless it has a chamber load indicator or, if it has a detachable magazine, a magazine disconnect mechanism.

No rimfire semiautomatic pistol that has a detachable magazine may be added to the certified list of handguns for sale in California unless it has a magazine disconnect mechanism.

Effective January 1, 2007, no semiautomatic pistol may be added to the roster unless it has both a chamber load indicator and, if it has a detachable magazine, a magazine disconnect mechanism.

Handgun models that have been placed on the roster prior to the new requirements becoming operative may remain on the roster without these features (PC §§ 12126, 12130).
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Exceptions to the rule:

The prohibition against manufacturing, importing, selling, or giving an unsafe handgun does not apply to the following:

• The manufacture in this state, or importation into this state, of any prototype handgun when the manufacture or importation is for the sole purpose of allowing an independent laboratory certified by the Department of Justice to conduct an independent test to determine whether that handgun qualifies to be added to the roster of handguns that may be sold in this state. (Penal Code § 12125.)

• The importation or lending of a handgun by employees or authorized agents of an independent testing laboratory for purposes of determining whether the weapon meets Department of Justice criteria to be added to the roster of handguns that may be sold in this state. (Penal Code § 12125.)

• Firearms listed as curios or relics, as defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations. (Penal Code § 12125.)

The requirements for handguns to pass safety and functionality tests and to be listed in the Department of Justice’s official list of handguns certified as safe for sale in California do not apply to transactions involving the following:

• Peace officers with official identification;

• Gifts from out-of-state immediate family members (who are defined as parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren only; brothers and other familial relationships are not included);

• Private party transfers of handguns occurring through a firearms dealer. (Penal Code § 12132(a).)

• Firearm transfers that, subject to any specified exemption, are not required to be conducted by firearms dealers. (Penal Code § 12132(b).)

• Sales, loans, or transfers of firearms listed as curios or relics, as defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations. (Penal Code §§ 12132(c) and (g).)

• The delivery of a handgun to a licensed firearms dealer for the purposes of servicing or repairing that firearm and the subsequent return of the handgun by the licensed firearms dealer to its owner. (Penal Code § 12132(d) and (e).)

• The return of a handgun by a licensed firearms dealer to its owner where that firearm was initially delivered to that firearms dealer for the purpose of a consignment sale or as collateral for a pawnbroker loan. (Penal Code § 12132(f).)

• Single-action revolvers with at least a five-cartridge capacity, a barrel length of not less than three inches, and either:
(a) were originally manufactured prior to 1900 and are curios or relics, as defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations; or
(b) have an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least seven and one-half inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled. (Penal Code § 12133.)

• Single-shot pistols with a barrel length of not less than six inches and that have an overall length of at least 10 ½ inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled. (Penal Code § 12133.)

NOTE: The exemption for single-shot pistols from handgun safety testing only applies to the sales of complete firearms that meet the barrel length / overall length criteria outlined above. The sale of frames or stripped receivers by themselves is not affected by the exemption. Therefore, dealers may not sell any single-shot pistols that do not meet the aforementioned criteria. Additionally, firearms dealers should be cautious regarding the sale of “after market” barrel conversion kits available for some of the more popular single-shot pistols. The sale of an interchangeable barrel of less than 16 inches to a purchaser of such a firearm could expose the firearms dealer to criminal liability for aiding and abetting the manufacture of a short-barrel rifle.

• The following pistols sanctioned by the International Olympic Committee and by USA Shooting, the national governing body for international shooting competition in the United States, and that are used for Olympic target shooting purposes (Penal Code § 12133.)

• (3) Any model of competitive pistol that has been expressly identified by the Department of Justice as exempt from the testing requirement. The Department of Justice exemption may be based on recommendations by USA Shooting or may be based on the recommendation or rules of any other organization that the Department of Justice deems relevant. The current list of exempt pistols is available on the Bureau of Firearms website at

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/op.pdf. (Penal Code § 12133.)

• The sale, loan, or transfer of a semiautomatic pistol that is to be used solely as a prop for a motion picture, television, or video production by an authorized participant therein or by an authorized employee or agent of the entity producing that production or event.

As of January 1, 2007, a dealer may deliver a handgun to the purchaser despite the fact that, during the pendency of the DROS, the handgun is removed from the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California, due to nonpayment of renewal fees by the manufacturer (Penal Code § 12131).

However, if a handgun, prior to the completion of a sale or transfer, is removed from the roster because of a failure during retesting, the handgun cannot legally be delivered to the purchaser (Penal Code § 12131).
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

Nothing wrong with that Gen 3, Joe; just get to shooting it . . .
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 PM

no gun store will sell you a gen 4 unless you're LEO. you can get a gen4 thru a private transfer though.
Old 03-06-2012, 9:45 AM

a quick review of Glock gen 4 changes:

http://eu.glock.com/downloads/GLOCK_Gen4_en.pdf

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/gun-...-generation-4/
Old 03-06-2012, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuvfr View Post
no gun store will sell you a gen 4 unless you're LEO. you can get a gen4 thru a private transfer though.
Actually there are a few that will, but as a single shot exempt pistol.
Old 03-06-2012, 5:29 PM

Location: San Diego for some of summer, AZ for some of fall and winter

Use your effin brain. The flock gen 4 is not approved for california. If you don't know that there is a link to check the certification on handguns approved for California.
Old 03-06-2012, 5:29 PM

Location: San Diego for some of summer, AZ for some of fall and winter

Leo and ppt only is how to get g4 unless you have multi residence
Old 03-06-2012, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15maniac View Post
Use your effin brain. The flock gen 4 is not approved for california. If you don't know that there is a link to check the certification on handguns approved for California.
what's a flock?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 PM

Hope this helps Joe321.....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/flock
Old 03-07-2012, 7:49 AM

check this out:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=512660
Old 03-07-2012, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbolts View Post
Actually there are a few that will, but as a single shot exempt pistol.
i stand corrected. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2012, 8:22 PM

Default nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuvfr View Post
sir you are incorrect

I got mine in Ca with a 1 round mag and extended barrel at delivery , simply took the parts and got the regular mag and barrell.
Old 03-16-2012, 9:04 AM
Veteran Member

LAWL noobs...
Old 03-20-2012, 8:21 AM

Had a Gen4 and a Gen3 G17. The Gen4 had some ergonomic differences and recoil spring assembly was upgraded. Both shot the same for me and the interchangeable grips on the Gen4 were useless for me since my hands are small/medium. Ended up selling the Gen4 for a small premium.

And yea, SSE is the way to go!

The 2nd Amendment - The Original Homeland Security

WTB Colt Woodsman's, WWI/II 1911's, Walthers: P4 or P38 / IV (German or French), PP Super .380, PPK (German or French), TP, TPH (German only), S&W 547 9mm, Any DA .22 Magnum revolver. Colt .22 Diamondbacks, Courier, Banker's Spl.

FREE NRA FREEDOM ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - CLICK BELOW
https://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp