Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 PM

Default Glock trigger job redux

I have a Glock 19 that has a awesome trigger(for a Glock). It breaks at 4 pounds. I'd put in a 25 cent polishing job, a 6.5 pound return spring and a minus connector. So good that I sent back a Zev Ultimate Kit just because I couldnt distinguish an improvement.

Fast forward a year later and I have new a Glock 34. Ive competed with it 3 times and I cant seem to get it right. I did the same things to it, but its not the same. The break is not as crisp. Couldnt figured out whats different.

Well, I just got these magnifying loupe glasses from the Deal section and went at work checking out the fire control group at 20x magnification.

I found the following.
- minor imperfection on the striker release tab(?) on the firing pin at 20x it looked like a rut. if you run a sewing needle over the surface, it will catch.
-the original trigger bar's trigger release tab had a mildly rounded and polished top edge. The new trigger had the polished surface, but a sharp and burred edge.
-the top side of the long trigger main beam also was quite burred and showed evidence of rubbing.
-the connector was burred where the trigger slides on it.

What I did.
-I ground the striker release tab to remove the imperfection with a honing stone and oil, theni polished it. All the while checking the work with the 20x power loupe. 5 light passes and it evened out.
-squared the striker release tab on the trigger bar (sear?) ground the top edge to a natural worn form, and polished it. Again, constantly checking the work at almost microscopic level with the magnifier.i did not want to remove metal that was beyond standard wear.
-lightly filed the the top of the trigger to flatten it, finished it on the honing stone and polished it.
-lastly, the trigger bar guide on the connector was in a tough spot. Couldnt deburr with a honing stone. Stone was to big to get into such a tight place. I ran a micro flat file on it to take out the burrs and polished it.

Success! It breaks exactly the same now. Just need do some firing to check for safety. Quite pleased with result.

The break was comparable to snapping a 3mm glass stick. Now it feels more like a 1mm glass stick.
For Rent - Scope ring lapping and torque kit $15/wk, AR barrel torque extension, AR wrench and AR No Go Gauge $20/wk, Caldwell Chronograph $ 15/wk. All rentals require full equipment cost deposit. Rough treatment of gear and damage will be charged. West LA

Last edited by MarikinaMan; 02-14-2017 at 12:05 AM..